PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: Carlos Ruiz to TFC (3-way trade)

Damien
06-30-2008, 01:50 PM
http://www.mls-rumors.net/2008/06/report-fire-fisticuffs-medio-tiempo.html

To Toronto: Carlos Ruiz
To Chicago: Rights to Brian McBride
To LA: Wilman Conde

(K, so it's MLS-Rumors.net which is lousy, but it's something to discuss)

werewolf
06-30-2008, 01:52 PM
mlsrumours?

:yellow:

Ruiz? we already have our team diver.

H Bomb
06-30-2008, 01:55 PM
That'd be a strange pill to swallow. Isn't Ruiz Salary in 300+ range?

Damien
06-30-2008, 01:57 PM
^ think we'd only be on the hook for half though since the season's half over.

VPjr
06-30-2008, 01:58 PM
do we really want Ruiz. i can't stand that jerk.

LucaGol
06-30-2008, 01:58 PM
Oh please no.

The only way I'd do that trade is if LA or Chicago is willing to take on Jeff Cunningham's contract also.

Northern Soul
06-30-2008, 01:59 PM
Hmm. Not sure about this. Quality-wise, I'd say yes. Attitude-wise, I'd say probably not.

arsenal
06-30-2008, 01:59 PM
I had just read that LAG was looking to deal him and thought about TFC picking him up. He is an annoying diving cunt ..... but he is proven he can score goals in bunches. He would be a huge upgrade over what we have up top right now ...... and I would be willing to put up with some diving over Cunningham's hands on hips if it meant we were actually scoring goals.

Dunc
06-30-2008, 02:00 PM
No. Just fucking no.

I've always said that I'll support anyone in a TFC uniform, but fuck, this puts it to the test. He is a piece of shit and I hate him.

Thank god this is mlsr we're talking about.

nascarguy
06-30-2008, 02:00 PM
mlsrumours?

:yellow:

Ruiz? we already have our team diver.:red:

Damien
06-30-2008, 02:02 PM
Interesting... everyone thought Guevara was a tool before he came here as well. And now he's arguably our best player.

DigzTFC!
06-30-2008, 02:08 PM
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/2008/06/ruiz_on_the_move.html#comments

Read the comments....this is where the rumor came from. Some guy on Goff's blog left a comment. MLS Rumors is entertaining, but this is kind of a low point for them. Taking rumors from forums with people shooting off their mouth.

Keyman
06-30-2008, 02:10 PM
Interesting... everyone thought Guevara was a tool before he came here as well. And now he's arguably our best player.
Ruiz is on an entirely different level than Guevara. He's a no good cheating little fuck, who I would never want in a Toronto FC uniform. He disgusts me, he really does.

Thank God this is from MLSR, because that means it's almost surely false.

Bluenose13
06-30-2008, 02:15 PM
Ruiz is on an entirely different level than Guevara. He's a no good cheating little fuck, who I would never want in a Toronto FC uniform. He disgusts me, he really does.

Thank God this is from MLSR, because that means it's almost surely false.Sounds like you could grow to love him :rofl:

Eastend
06-30-2008, 02:24 PM
http://bigcartel.com/account/15876/133064/175.jpg

Keyman
06-30-2008, 02:24 PM
Sounds like you could grow to love him :rofl:

:D Never
He's my least favourite player in the league, by far. I don't give a shit if he scores goals, I don't want that diving twat on my team. It would be a disgrace to our kit if he put it on.

And no one is going to make me change my opinion.

brando
06-30-2008, 02:26 PM

Thank God this is from MLSR, because that means it's almost surely false.

I was thinking along the same lines, but might be willing to change my mind. Guys like that aren't so bad when they show up on our team rather than against us.

Meh.....if he can score on the road I guess I'll take him.

arsenal
06-30-2008, 02:28 PM
The goal scoring .... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc-mzkX71hg)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc-mzkX71hg

And the other stuff that we all know ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA_c1FClBMo&feature=related

shwade
06-30-2008, 02:30 PM
Guevara doesn't dive anymore so we could convert Ruiz to honest play.

ACSertL
06-30-2008, 02:31 PM
This guy drove me nuts every time Canada would play Guatemala...don't know if I could ever get over the flopping.

Keyman
06-30-2008, 02:33 PM
Jimmy Conrad on Carlos Ruiz:

Which CONCACAF national team is the biggest collection of divers/actors? I think US Soccer could add "Biggest Diving Opponent" or "Most over-the-top acting performance" to their "Best of" awards. Thoughts?

Mexico's an easy answer because that's the biggest rivalry. But I think any team that Carlos Ruiz plays on is going to get my vote. Even at the international level, he loves to flop around. … So Guatemala I think is going to get my vote, just because Carlos Ruiz is on the team.

Ossington Mental Youth
06-30-2008, 02:34 PM
itd be like taking on Cunny Pt II, no thanks.
It wont happen either...

flatpicker
06-30-2008, 02:53 PM
one reason I wouldn't be interested is because he plays for his national team.
I would rather get some talent in here that does not play for his country.
I'm sick of NT call-ups.
Go get a good English, Italian, Portuguese, Brazilian etc. ... but not good enough to play on the world stage.
Then I would be happy!
:)

Toronto Ruffrider
06-30-2008, 03:26 PM
He's my least favourite player in the league, by far. I don't give a shit if he scores goals, I don't want that diving twat on my team. It would be a disgrace to our kit if he put it on.

Do you remember when Guatemala lost 3-0 to Canada at last year's Gold Cup, followed by Dallas losing 4-0 to Toronto in the next game? Ruiz did shit in both games, and was booked for diving against T.O. Good times!:D

S_D
06-30-2008, 03:32 PM
Mentions of MLS rumours should be banned from this site lol.

Who the hell would want Ruiz? I'd rather keep Cunningham than sign that piece of crap.

CretanBull
06-30-2008, 03:42 PM

QFT!!

Pachuco
06-30-2008, 03:53 PM
Ruiz is hated just a little tiny less the Donovan is in my family. I will support him if I have to, but please God don't let this happen.

TFC07
06-30-2008, 04:40 PM
Then maybe we can trade Ruiz + draft pick for DeRo. :rolleyes:

I wish. :(

VoxPopuliCosmicum
06-30-2008, 04:45 PM

Who the hell would want Ruiz? I'd rather keep Cunningham than sign that piece of crap.

I have been trying to put a tune to your wonderful lyrics, but all I could come up with was a haiku:

Carlos Ruins
Universally disgraceful diving twat
Rather keep Cunningham

rocker
06-30-2008, 05:37 PM
if we have to have him, I would hope the BMO fans would give him stick for any dives and maybe that would knock some sense into him. don't accept up.
he dive on the road, not at home, if he must. but I have a long memory of that Canada game where he was an olympic diver and I won't forget.

DOMIN8R
06-30-2008, 05:46 PM
I have been trying to put a tune to your wonderful lyrics, but all I could come up with was a haiku:

Carlos Ruins
Universally disgraceful diving twat
Rather keep Cunningham

That's fantastic!

kdzb
06-30-2008, 06:28 PM
I will take him hands down. If he can produce half of what he alrady did. I will take him .

cuecas_red
06-30-2008, 07:07 PM
if he does join, brenen will call him c unt and tell him to get up

kdzb
06-30-2008, 08:32 PM
A player dive only if his manager accept that he behave that way.
With John Carver, Carlos will play his best clean footy because his teammates will not accept that shit as well.

Dirk Diggler
06-30-2008, 09:08 PM
Yeah...I don't think he will be flopping around so much if the coach is against it. I don't think it would be a terrible trade, although a straight swap (essentially) for him and McBride seems a bit unfair for us.

Besides that, I haven't kept up on his stats lately but he was reputated to be quite the striker. Hard to see how he won't be an improvement over Cunningham.

Lucky Strike
06-30-2008, 11:21 PM
Category - Cunningham vs. Ruiz
Talent - In terms of raw talent it's close, but in actual practice, this goes to Ruiz.
Effort - Not too sure about Ruiz but we all know Cunningham is lazy, Ruiz by default.
Finishing - Both are proven goalscorers, but Cunningham seems to have forgotten.
Attitude - Both pretty terrible; both dive; both are pretty selfish. Even.

Overall: Ruiz would be an upgrade but I would be disappointed if that is the solution to finding a good striker.

andyc
06-30-2008, 11:39 PM
Category - Cunningham vs. Ruiz
Overall: Ruiz would be an upgrade but I would be disappointed if that is the solution to finding a good striker.

I don't think that this is our solution but it is essentially a free pick up... I'm all for Mo screwing Shitcago for everything possible, but Ruiz for free is interesting. Worst case he must have a trade value if Carver doesn't kill him first!

Bobo
07-01-2008, 02:06 AM
No! Don't do it!

twistedchinaman
07-01-2008, 03:25 AM
Carlos Ruiz can go to hell.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-01-2008, 03:44 AM
I don't think that this is our solution but it is essentially a free pick up... I'm all for Mo screwing Shitcago for everything possible, but Ruiz for free is interesting. Worst case he must have a trade value if Carver doesn't kill him first!

He wouldnt really be that free cuz he'd at least take up a) an international spot b) either 150k or 300k of the salary and c) a spot on the senior roster.

Like someone else said, i really hope this isnt our solution to our striker problem...

TFCREDNWHITE
07-01-2008, 09:28 AM
We're gonna get Shola Ameobi!!

Fuck Carlos Ruiz! I hate that douche! I never want to see him put on the kit! Ruiz is a wanker!!!!!!!!!

koryo
07-01-2008, 10:46 AM
I hope this is nothing more than a rumour.

Yes, we need quality up front, but not at the price of losing our integrity as a team.

End.

Of.

werewolf
07-02-2008, 03:46 PM
has it been reported anywhere other then mlsrumours?

kshep
07-02-2008, 06:04 PM
I'd rather LA give us Buddle back, instead of the little fish.

Dirk Diggler
07-02-2008, 06:18 PM
I'd rather LA give us Buddle back, instead of the little fish.

Yeah I'm quite certain LA is dying to give us back Buddle for peanuts. Who wants to keep goal scorers on hot streaks anyways.

olegunnar
07-02-2008, 06:33 PM
That would make this the worst week ever. Losing to the Shitcaps...then trading for this diving twat...it would be grounds for mass seppuku

Ossington Mental Youth
07-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Johnston is also still in talks with Chicago over the future of Fulham's Brian McBride. TFC holds his rights in North America and Johnston is seeking a deal that could bring L.A. Galaxy forward Carlos Ruiz to Toronto in a three-way trade.
http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/OtherSports/2008/07/05/6072416-sun.html

Wonder if its speculation or he happens to know something we dont

Bobo
07-05-2008, 12:07 PM
http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/OtherSports/2008/07/05/6072416-sun.html

Wonder if its speculation or he happens to know something we dont

Maybe we can tell Mo something he perhaps doesn't know........Ruiz is a dirty diving cunt and no one wants him here.

noochie
07-05-2008, 12:21 PM
If it is Ruiz then it would have to be short term... his grandfathered salary allowance runs out after next season and I don't think Mo wants to burn a DP slot on him. I suppose he could try and negotiate him down however Ruiz has a pretty decent strike rate.

I know it is still a ways out... just thinking big picture. I don't think we want this kind of turnover year over year.