PDA

View Full Version : Who is up for it, giving the Reds a heros sendoff to Turkey

Red CB Toronto
01-26-2011, 10:03 AM
Would it not be good to give the Reds a hero's sendoff to Turkey on Thursday. It is my understanding that they are leaving for Turkey on in the evening. Maybe gathering at BMO to show them off in style would be a good thing to do, especially showing the new guys what support in all about in our great city.

RedsYNWA
01-26-2011, 10:22 AM
No Dice

boban
01-26-2011, 10:29 AM
Are they going to send me off to my work training?

Kyle_121
01-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Right now we have a team of mercenaries. None of them deserve a sendoff. Once I see some respect for the badge they wear, then maybe we can discuss such things.

For now, the only people deserved off a sendoff are the people who wear a real uniform ie: police, military, etc.

DavydMT
01-26-2011, 10:57 AM
I'm always up for chanting and singing. I'm in if it is in the evening

DinamoTFC
01-26-2011, 10:13 PM
Is this a joke?

THA BUTCHA
01-26-2011, 10:32 PM
http://www.feastoffun.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/REALLY_SNL_AIG.flv.jpg

werewolf
01-26-2011, 10:34 PM
Great enthusiasm.

But "heroes"...
http://kickrocs.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/son.jpg

tfc007
01-27-2011, 05:49 AM
Heros usually earn their send offs,What the fuck have they done to deserve a heros send off !!!! Close this Stupid thread !

FluSH
01-27-2011, 07:03 AM
(edit: to be nice to Cblake) =)

sully
01-27-2011, 07:07 AM
Heros usually earn their send offs,What the fuck have they done to deserve a heros send off !!!! Close this Stupid thread !

Agreed.

Shakes McQueen
01-27-2011, 07:07 AM
Love the enthusiasm, but just can't imagine too many people reciprocating it right now. I imagine morale among supporters is probably at an all-time low.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
01-27-2011, 07:10 AM
Oh, and everyone needs to stop seizing on, and flipping out about, his use of the word "hero". He's trying to see if anyone is interested in seeing the boys off as they head to Turkey, and showing some of the new additions the fan support that has put this place on the MLS map.

If you aren't interested, it's understandable. But calling on the "stupid thread to be closed"? Get a grip. This is a supporter's group website.

- Scott

FluSH
01-27-2011, 07:19 AM
Love the enthusiasm, but just can't imagine too many people reciprocating it right now. I imagine morale among supporters is probably at an all-time low.

- Scott

Yup.... unfortunately this is what I currently feel.

Technorgasm
01-27-2011, 08:52 AM
Would it not be good to give the Reds a hero's sendoff to Turkey on Thursday. It is my understanding that they are leaving for Turkey on in the evening. Maybe gathering at BMO to show them off in style would be a good thing to do, especially showing the new guys what support in all about in our great city.

bout FUCKING time somone around here decided to be a supporter and not an internet warrior mincy complainer. . . picking and disecting every little detail bent on finding fault.

This is a team, more than the ownerrs, more than the individual players, more than the media and the fuck wits who will never be satisfied. . its the organization and the promise of hope to believe in something that is good and pure and bigger than ourselves.

Right on Blake, fact is, its fun to be a supporter. . . . otherwise we wouldnt do it, we wouldnt care.

boban
01-27-2011, 09:04 AM
bout FUCKING time somone around here decided to be a supporter and not an internet warrior mincy complainer. . . picking and disecting every little detail bent on finding fault.

This is a team, more than the ownerrs, more than the individual players, more than the media and the fuck wits who will never be satisfied. . its the organization and the promise of hope to believe in something that is good and pure and bigger than ourselves.

Right on Blake, fact is, its fun to be a supporter. . . . otherwise we wouldnt do it, we wouldnt care.
I know of some swampland in Florida that will interest you.

Fort York Redcoat
01-27-2011, 09:33 AM
Are they going to send me off to my work training?

For now, the only people deserved off a sendoff are the people who wear a real uniform ie: police, military, etc.

Are we really using this as excuses not to support the badge?

boban, I would expect a punch to the retina if I was over at your house in the morning to send you off to work and worse from a member of my local constabulary.

Blake is rallying support when it's low.

Roogsy
01-27-2011, 09:42 AM
I know of some swampland in Florida that will interest you.

So Techno appreciates the meaning of "supporter" and you think he is naive?

Seems to me you have more of an issue with being a supporter than you do who we support. At the end of the day, these are the guys we will be cheering for when they're on the field so what exactly is the difference if someone wants to go cheer for them as they start this year's journey?

Or do you not cheer for your team at BMO FIeld?

Kyle_121
01-27-2011, 10:07 AM

The relationship with this team is like one with children. You will always love them, but there are times when you may not like what they're doing or have to reprimand them for things they've done.

If my kid brought home a failing report card, I'm not going to take him out and reward him for that.

Technorgasm
01-27-2011, 10:08 AM
Are we really using this as excuses not to support the badge?

HOME OR AWAY!
WE ARE WITH YOU!
FIGHT FOR THE BADGE!

Shakes McQueen
01-27-2011, 10:10 AM
The relationship with this team is like one with children. You will always love them, but there are times when you may not like what they're doing or have to reprimand them for things they've done.

If my kid brought home a failing report card, I'm not going to take him out and reward him for that.

So... seeing the team off to pre-season training, is akin to "rewarding a kid for a bad report card"?

- Scott

Iheartdero
01-27-2011, 11:59 AM
I understand blind support, and even agree with it a lot of times. But this group will only get my support when they play football. If they aren't playing football, they're nothing to me. Today, they arent playing football

Fort York Redcoat
01-27-2011, 12:11 PM

That would be the post season party. This is seeing them off to school.

Fort York Redcoat
01-27-2011, 12:13 PM
I understand blind support, and even agree with it a lot of times. But this group will only get my support when they play football. If they aren't playing football, they're nothing to me. Today, they arent playing football

Can we sing before and after the match? Is that okay? Is it just while they're playing or all matchday?

Iheartdero
01-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Can we sing before and after the match? Is that okay? Is it just while they're playing or all matchday?

dont idly create absolutes...you'll end up sounding like others here.

Fort York Redcoat
01-27-2011, 12:19 PM
dont idly create absolutes...you'll end up sounding like others here.

I do everything here idly. I don't get paid for this.

Iheartdero
01-27-2011, 12:23 PM
Then quit. It is kind of a waste of your time.

But to return to topic. until they kick a ball in anger this group is the same thing as last year. They dont get to tell me they've fixed the problem, they only get to show me. Anselmi and Beirne both should have been fired and still should be. I'm a football supporter and wont support them flying somewhere just because im bored on a thursday. Instead i will internet post because Im bored on a thursday.

Fort York Redcoat
01-27-2011, 12:32 PM
^Sorry. No quitting any time soon. I like this.

You get that people aren't going down there to cheer the FO, right? It's players that people want to show support for. I applaud them if they get off their ass to show it. I mean, the folks that get down there will only miss a couple of hours of internet posting. To me that makes it worth it.

boban
01-27-2011, 02:33 PM
So Techno appreciates the meaning of "supporter" and you think he is naive?

Seems to me you have more of an issue with being a supporter than you do who we support. At the end of the day, these are the guys we will be cheering for when they're on the field so what exactly is the difference if someone wants to go cheer for them as they start this year's journey?

Or do you not cheer for your team at BMO FIeld?
Get off your high horse.
I cheer for them at the games. Not boarding a plane to some far off place 2 months before a seasons starts. Half the guys won't be around come March 19.
Nice how you single me out while others have also said that nothing has been accomplished. So after 4 yrs of bullshit why go send someone off for TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fuck I haven't heard of that in Europe(waay more hard core supporters there) so don't questioning the manner in ways I don't wish to show support or do wish to show it.

KRO
01-27-2011, 03:04 PM
Good on you son. Personally I'll wait a while before I call them heroes and see them off at the airport but I'd much prefer your attitude to most of the cynicism and negativity on this board at the moment.

Yagbod
01-27-2011, 03:12 PM
What I don't get is why people have to piss on someone's idea. He is not trying to force you to go. If you don't want to go/think it's a terrible idea then great, but keep it to yourself.

He didn't ask 'who is not up for sending them off and tell me why the idea sucks', he asked who would like to go. The aggressive negativity around here is a bit of turn off sometimes and I think it discourages people from being positive and wanting to show their support in what may be unpopular ways. (i.e. like sending them off)

If you are a true supporter (and who cares what they do in Europe?) then I think there is merit in seeing off the team, even to a training session. Suppose certain prospective players are on the fence about joining the team. Perhaps they would be more inclined to do so/play well if they got a pre-seaon boost from the supporters. Maybe they wouldn't, but I see no benefit in shouting down people who have positive ideas.

Iheartdero
01-27-2011, 03:26 PM
What I don't get is why people have to piss on someone's idea. He is not trying to force you to go. If you don't want to go/think it's a terrible idea then great, but keep it to yourself.

He didn't ask 'who is not up for sending them off and tell me why the idea sucks', he asked who would like to go. The aggressive negativity around here is a bit of turn off sometimes and I think it discourages people from being positive and wanting to show their support in what may be unpopular ways. (i.e. like sending them off)

If you are a true supporter (and who cares what they do in Europe?) then I think there is merit in seeing off the team, even to a training session. Suppose certain prospective players are on the fence about joining the team. Perhaps they would be more inclined to do so/play well if they got a pre-seaon boost from the supporters. Maybe they wouldn't, but I see no benefit in shouting down people who have positive ideas.

kettle....pot...you know the rest. Why is it that a simple difference of opinion, with some personal context, is now considered pissing on an idea.

And the idea of a true supporter is a non starter. If we've learnt nothing else in 4 years we should know this by now

Yagbod
01-27-2011, 03:42 PM
kettle....pot...you know the rest. Why is it that a simple difference of opinion, with some personal context, is now considered pissing on an idea.

And the idea of a true supporter is a non starter. If we've learnt nothing else in 4 years we should know this by now

What? When have I ever been needlessly negative on this board? Is calling for a stop to needlessly negative statements now considered being negative?

The thread creator was asking if anyone wanted to send off the players.

How are these comments a simple difference of opinion?:

"Is this a joke?"

"What the fuck have they done to deserve a heros send off !!!! Close this Stupid thread !"

How is that not pissing on the idea?

And how is "the idea of a true supporter is a non starter" even relevant? The thread is asking for like minded people to get together to support our players before they even do anything. It is a fresh start to a new season.

I have nothing against differences of opinion or even sniping at people, but this kind of thread has no place for it. Negativity is only going to discourage like minded people from getting together. It serves no other purpose except for the selfish gratification of people with nothing better to do but piss on someone's idea.

Yohan
01-27-2011, 03:44 PM

was this really necessary? :rolleyes:

Iheartdero
01-27-2011, 03:50 PM
What? When have I ever been needlessly negative on this board? Is calling for a stop to needlessly negative statements now considered being negative?

The thread creator was asking if anyone wanted to send off the players.

How are these comments a simple difference of opinion?:

"Is this a joke?"

"What the fuck have they done to deserve a heros send off !!!! Close this Stupid thread !"

How is that not pissing on the idea?

And how is "the idea of a true supporter is a non starter" even relevant? The thread is asking for like minded people to get together to support our players before they even do anything. It is a fresh start to a new season.

I have nothing against differences of opinion or even sniping at people, but this kind of thread has no place for it. Negativity is only going to discourage like minded people from getting together. It serves no other purpose except for the selfish gratification of people with nothing better to do but piss on someone's idea.

you're taking all of this too seriously. none of this matters. let whatever be.

Parkdale
01-27-2011, 03:52 PM
:topic:

guys, the Toronto police have nothing to do with the Red leaving for Turkey. Let's drop it.

Yagbod
01-27-2011, 03:59 PM
It does matter.

I may not have agreed with the idea, but I did not feel the need to grind it under my boot either. If someone wants to have fun why do so many people want to discourage it? Sad.

Iheartdero
01-27-2011, 04:05 PM
It does matter.

I may not have agreed with the idea, but I did not feel the need to grind it under my boot either. If someone wants to have fun why do so many people want to discourage it? Sad.

youre projecting the negative as a standard man, no need for that. Way more people have been for the idea than against it. And those against it are individuals, not organized groups. And this is a discussion board, where things are to be discussed. there isn't a cry against this idea. just ignore those you dont want to read, don't banish them.

phonzo
01-27-2011, 04:07 PM
this thread needs more (as its already been derailed)

http://torontofc.theoffside.com/files/2010/10/deromoney.jpg

phonzo
01-27-2011, 04:10 PM
now for a more serious comment - the approach is correct and is the right mentality of a supporter. Unfortunately I as well as I'm sure many others have yet to get over their pessimism of this team at the current time and its hard to think of just the badge at this point.

Shakes McQueen
01-27-2011, 04:20 PM
youre projecting the negative as a standard man, no need for that. Way more people have been for the idea than against it. And those against it are individuals, not organized groups. And this is a discussion board, where things are to be discussed. there isn't a cry against this idea. just ignore those you dont want to read, don't banish them.

You say this is a discussion board where things are to be discussed, but then advise him to essentially ignore the people he vehemently disagrees with, and to "let whatever be" (early frontrunner for my "unintentionally hilarious sentence of the year" award). I also haven't seen him demand "banishment" of anyone.

- Scott

Iheartdero
01-27-2011, 05:34 PM
You say this is a discussion board where things are to be discussed, but then advise him to essentially ignore the people he vehemently disagrees with, and to "let whatever be" (early frontrunner for my "unintentionally hilarious sentence of the year" award). I also haven't seen him demand "banishment" of anyone.

- Scott

Also taking it too seriously man. And let whatever be isn't unintentional. That was fully intended

jazzy
01-27-2011, 06:39 PM
That would be the post season party. This is seeing them off to school.

well done....

RedsYNWA
01-27-2011, 06:50 PM
this thread needs more (as its already been derailed)

http://torontofc.theoffside.com/files/2010/10/deromoney.jpg

LOL :D

RedsYNWA
01-27-2011, 06:50 PM
That pic would make a great SIGN AT BMO

Blowing Bubbles
01-27-2011, 07:44 PM
^Sorry. No quitting any time soon. I like this.

You get that people aren't going down there to cheer the FO, right? It's players that people want to show support for. I applaud them if they get off their ass to show it. I mean, the folks that get down there will only miss a couple of hours of internet posting. To me that makes it worth it.

I thought it's about the badge, not the individual players?

This roster isn't even close to being set.

gracos
01-27-2011, 08:12 PM
a team must start from its fans, because if we stop being who we are, we will never be able to overcome obstacles. I know everyone is disappointed with the team, but as far as I see it, Toronto FC has just become a brand new team, each and every year we have a chance to be the best club, but we cannot let our teams deficits and losses get in our way. Lets stand up and cheer the reds whenever we can. I believe we have a chance only if we pull together as one

DichioTFC
01-27-2011, 11:07 PM
sooooooooo i guess nobody's going? :D

Kyle_121
01-27-2011, 11:11 PM
sooooooooo i guess nobody's going? :D

I showed up, but nobody else did!!!!

Here's a pic I took of the academy players chilling before the flight.

http://i.imgur.com/PuzOs.jpg

DichioTFC
01-27-2011, 11:12 PM
Btw, credit to CBlake for the idea. I would've been down to go if we had a bit of a group.

DichioTFC
01-27-2011, 11:13 PM
I showed up, but nobody else did!!!!

Here's a pic I took of the academy players chilling before the flight.

http://i.imgur.com/PuzOs.jpg

:lol: weak form dude, i saw that on DeRo's facebook half an hour ago.

Kyle_121
01-27-2011, 11:13 PM
:lol: weak form dude, i saw that on DeRo's facebook half an hour ago.

Oh man, you called my bluff!

LOL.

DichioTFC
01-27-2011, 11:17 PM
^ lolll it was that pic that drove me to this site.

superstar1976
01-27-2011, 11:23 PM
lololol, I couldn't agree more. This suggestion is a joke. What have they done to deserve anything other than a nod if I happened to bump into one of them in public? I would feel like a pathetic fool doing this, in fact embarrassed just imagining it, lol.

Get off your high horse.
I cheer for them at the games. Not boarding a plane to some far off place 2 months before a seasons starts. Half the guys won't be around come March 19.
Nice how you single me out while others have also said that nothing has been accomplished. So after 4 yrs of bullshit why go send someone off for TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fuck I haven't heard of that in Europe(waay more hard core supporters there) so don't questioning the manner in ways I don't wish to show support or do wish to show it.

[NBF]
01-27-2011, 11:28 PM
Maybe this thread should be renamed, "The Bon Voyage" Thread, because 85% of this squad will be cut after Winter gets to see what the team has signed over the years.

Fort York Redcoat
01-28-2011, 08:01 AM
I thought it's about the badge, not the individual players?

This roster isn't even close to being set.

Yep it's about the badge. The players were wearing that badge at the airport.

tfcmanu
01-28-2011, 03:00 PM
Here is some Pics:

http://www.tantur.com.tr/uploads/flatpage/pictures/Antalya__konyaalt_plaji.jpghttp://www.overseaspropertymall.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/turkish-resort-miracle-hotel-antalya.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6d/Tribunelangezijde.jpg
Antayla's Ataturk Stadium

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/fourteenday/tr070000?ref=qlink_st_14day

TFCREDNWHITE
01-28-2011, 03:12 PM
http://www.oleole.com/media/main/images/member_photos/group2/subgrp3/partizan_204805.jpg

TFCREDNWHITE
01-28-2011, 03:17 PM
http://nimg.sulekha.com/sports/original700/cleo-2010-8-24-16-21-27.jpg

Cleo from Partizan Belgrade

TFCREDNWHITE
01-28-2011, 03:50 PM
Will partizan play there starting XI????

Relja
01-29-2011, 11:36 AM
Any news on who they are playing on the 6th? I hope its Red Star Belgrade.

Gazza
01-29-2011, 03:42 PM
Go figure, a supporter trying to gather support on a supporter's message board!

I always thought of myself as the eternal pessimist. But then i come here and realize that i might in fact be an optimist.

I love the bickering though, it reminds me that the season is just around the corner! Come on you Reds!