PDA

View Full Version : 100th player?

Mikey
01-26-2011, 05:46 AM
Anyone know if TFC has passed the "100 players signed to the club" mark yet, and if so who was it?

Batman
01-26-2011, 08:08 AM
This should be an interesting barometer of who has too much time on their hands.

Red CB Toronto
01-26-2011, 08:27 AM
No, the Reds have not reached the 100 player mark yet. When they reach it, depends on what you consider being a Red, that being someone who has been on the 18 man game day roster in any competition ie MLS, NCC, CL, people who have played at least a minute in a official match of any type, just the MLS. Do you include academy players who have either played in the Canadian Championship or Champions League.

It is 94 if you include every player who has appeared on a 18 man game day roster in all competitions - MLS, Canadian Championship and Champions League. The total does include 9 players who never actually played a minute for the team including three emergency goalkeepers and five academy call-ups that have yet to be signed to a pro contract being Ashtone Morgan, Allando Matheson , Oscar Cordon, Brennan McNicoll and Matt Stinson.

Minus the three emergency GKs, the six other players who never played a competitive minute during their time with the Reds were all domestic players on developmental contracts in 2007 who were released during or after the inaugural season.

It actually goes up to 96 if you include the two players, A.J. Gray and Killian Elkinson who have been on the overall 28 man roster that existed in 2007-08 but never dressed for a game. Gray was with the team for the first two games of the inaugural season before being released on April 19 and Elkinson was with the team for the second half of the 2008 season.

CoachGT
01-26-2011, 08:32 AM
Anyone know if TFC has passed the "100 players signed to the club" mark yet, and if so who was it?

I would have expected this to be in year 2! :D

London
01-26-2011, 08:43 AM
This should be an interesting barometer of who has too much time on their hands.

No, the Reds have not reached the 100 player mark yet. When they reach it, depends on what you consider being a Red, that being someone who has been on the 18 man game day roster in any competition ie MLS, NCC, CL, people who have played at least a minute in a official match of any type, just the MLS. Do you include academy players who have either played in the Canadian Championship or Champions League.

It is 94 if you include every player who has appeared on a 18 man game day roster in all competitions - MLS, Canadian Championship and Champions League. The total does include 9 players who never actually played a minute for the team including three emergency goalkeepers and five academy call-ups that have yet to be signed to a pro contract being Ashtone Morgan, Allando Matheson , Oscar Cordon, Brennan McNicoll and Matt Stinson.

Minus the three emergency GKs, the six other players who never played a competitive minute during their time with the Reds were all domestic players on developmental contracts in 2007 who were released during or after the inaugural season.

It actually goes up to 96 if you include the two players, A.J. Gray and Killian Elkinson who have been on the overall 28 man roster that existed in 2007-08 but never dressed for a game. Gray was with the team for the first two games of the inaugural season before being released on April 19 and Elkinson was with the team for the second half of the 2008 season.

Well then LOL

Red CB Toronto
01-26-2011, 08:52 AM
Well then LOL

It really is not an issue of having too much time on my hands lol. I just started a few years back and add to it as time goes by.

I also have a background in sports PR so this type of stuff is second nature to me and when I actually find it fun to gather all sorts of info.

London
01-26-2011, 09:01 AM
It really is not an issue of having too much time on my hands lol. I just started a few years back and add to it as time goes by.

I also have a background in sports PR so this type of stuff is second nature to me and when I actually find it fun to gather all sorts of info.

i am just hastling you, i know you have been collecting photo's of every player, so if anyone was going to know, it would be you

[NBF]
01-28-2011, 10:40 AM
C.Blake, Is that why you wanted to host a "Send-Off Party" at the airport, are you trying to land a PR job with TFC.

Dazed
01-31-2011, 07:35 PM
Been on the board since I moved to Toronto but this is my first post. Am trying to understand the MLS, but was just wondering what the turnover rate of players is compared to European leagues. I guess it would be higher with the trade system.