PDA

View Full Version : Players are Reporting. Off Season is Over!

Batman
01-25-2011, 08:32 AM
Finally, some real stuff is happening around here.

Real news, real practice, real team building, and shortly real matches.

Finally, we can end all the off season BS. (DeRo's a bum, DeRo's a god.)

Yesssssssssssssssss!

How do you feel about it?

:scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf:

Wagner
01-25-2011, 08:35 AM
March 19 and 26 can't come soon enough.

Fort York Redcoat
01-25-2011, 08:41 AM
Can I watch the games in Turkey??

Redpunkfiddle
01-25-2011, 08:51 AM
Can I watch the games in Turkey??

Expedia.ca

Oldtimer
01-25-2011, 10:20 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing the Carolina Cup (March 5-12). Every year either the Battery or TFC-TV have broadcast all the matches, so everyone will be able to see the team play. By then the team should be largely set in place.

Watch for a flurry of signings over the next few weeks, players' reel highlights, and analysis by both experts and ignorant alike!!

Nuvinho
01-25-2011, 10:46 AM
Eddie Sidra is in town as per Dobson

Red CB Toronto
01-25-2011, 10:47 AM
Well here you go, your first look at the 2011 edition of the Reds or at least a little bit of it with more players expected in the future.

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=2725

mastermixer
01-25-2011, 10:50 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing the Carolina Cup (March 5-12). Every year either the Battery or TFC-TV have broadcast all the matches, so everyone will be able to see the team play. By then the team should be largely set in place.

Watch for a flurry of signings over the next few weeks, players' reel highlights, and analysis by both experts and ignorant alike!!

I'm looking forward to the investigating that goes on taking stills from TorontoFC TV vids showing unknown players in the background and posting wikepedia updates.

Ageroo
01-25-2011, 10:52 AM
Eddie Sidra is in town as per Dobson

He was at the National Team Kit Unveiling last night....should have asked him what are his plans while in town.

zeelaw
01-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Expedia.ca

lolz!

drewski
01-25-2011, 10:55 AM
Well here you go, your first look at the 2011 edition of the Reds or at least a little bit of it with more players expected in the future.

Dichio's playing again!? :D (~0:58 they show him arriving)

Nodoubtguy
01-25-2011, 10:58 AM
Haven't been this excited for a season to start since year one!!!

Red CB Toronto
01-25-2011, 10:59 AM

I'm looking forward to the investigating that goes on taking stills from TorontoFC TV vids showing unknown players in the background and posting wikepedia updates.

Well the guys shown in the video during the Stefan Frei interview are draft picks, Demitrius Omphroy was leading the way.

Parkdale
01-25-2011, 11:03 AM
most off seasons are like an aimless walk in the woods.

this off season was like being shot over those woods from a giant cannon, while wasted on peyote, with closepegs stuck to your eyelids.

Carts
01-25-2011, 11:06 AM
Haven't been this excited for a season to start since year one!!!

I'm unfortunately not super-excited, as I have 'Leaf Losing Syndrome'...

I now expect the worst :(

Or I guess its more I have no "optimism"...

Even with the big guns in management brought in, I now have that "...we'll screw it up somehow..." thoughts in my head...

I'm excited for the good times, the matches and BMO and watching the lads play - but as for being optimistic, sadly, I just don't have it :(

Carts... :(

Boondaddy
01-25-2011, 11:08 AM
nana first to show up at like 8am.....

Make him team captain.

Kyle_121
01-25-2011, 11:12 AM
JDG will be done with his 'fro soon and should be in by noon at the latest.

Derko
01-25-2011, 11:20 AM
Finally, some real stuff is happening around here.

Real news, real practice, real team building, and shortly real matches.

Finally, we can end all the off season BS. (DeRo's a bum, DeRo's a god.)

Yesssssssssssssssss!

How do you feel about it?

:scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf:

Thank Christ for that, The positive vibes are already starting.

:drinking::scarf::flare::drum::canada::cheers::iag ree:

Ossington Mental Youth
01-25-2011, 11:26 AM
so fucking psyched. gonna be an exciting off season

billyfly
01-25-2011, 11:48 AM
Let us all pray.

TFCDP
01-25-2011, 12:09 PM
^^ Amen

Roogsy
01-25-2011, 12:10 PM
Pray? What is this? The NBA?

Oldtimer
01-25-2011, 12:14 PM
^ Are you saying that TFC can't use help?

Or are you saying that TFC hasn't got a prayer of making the playoffs?

:lol:

Stryker
01-25-2011, 12:19 PM
Jimmy B walking the halls looking for something to do LOL.

Nuvinho
01-25-2011, 12:25 PM
The real Aron Winter twitter?

AronWinter (http://twitter.com/AronWinter)

There are some very interesting options for us. Expect some trialists and even some signings in the not too distant future. #TorontoFC (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23TorontoFC) #MLS (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23MLS)

Stryker
01-25-2011, 12:27 PM
^ Highly doubt it.

drewski
01-25-2011, 12:28 PM
The real Aron Winter twitter?

bad picture with "verified" check mark looking at who's he's following, i wouldn't put my money on it.

Sullivan
01-25-2011, 12:28 PM

I watched the next clip it was Luke Wileman and Lee Godfrey.
Anybody know what Godfrey does full time?
Is he TFC's affirmative action hire?
He's terrible!

drewski
01-25-2011, 12:29 PM
Pray? What is this? The NBA?

^ Are you saying that TFC can't use help?

Or are you saying that TFC hasn't got a prayer of making the playoffs?

:lol:

as a funny aside, saw this today

http://thissportinglife.net/2011/01/21/sport-and-religion-does-jesus-want-you-to-pray-for-his-help/

I’m trying to wean myself off sports, it’s too time consuming. I don’t watch football anymore, I gave that up. I got tired of the interviews after the games, because the winning players always give credit to God, and the losers blame themselves. You know, just once I’d like to hear a player say, “Yeah, we were in the game, until Jesus made me fumble. He hates our team.”

billyfly
01-25-2011, 12:29 PM
So the team leaves tomorrow (night I think) as per my inside source.

He has also heard that this place in Turkey has all the bells and whistles and was actually Preki's idea.

jloome
01-25-2011, 12:48 PM
most off seasons are like an aimless walk in the woods.

this off season was like being shot over those woods from a giant cannon, while wasted on peyote, with closepegs stuck to your eyelids.

This deserves a logo, someone. Quote of the year

ensco
01-25-2011, 01:09 PM
^Yes. That was top shelf stuff.

Wagner
01-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Steve Johnson blamed God for a dropped pass via twitter.
he recanted...i can't find an article about it.
it was awesome.
First time I had seen a player blame god.

Suds
01-25-2011, 01:25 PM
I'm super duper almost somewhat excited for this season!

Pookie
01-25-2011, 01:38 PM
Steve Johnson blamed God for a dropped pass via twitter.
he recanted...i can't find an article about it.
it was awesome.
First time I had seen a player blame god.

Is blaming DeRo the same as blaming god? ;)

Speaking of which, did that certain someone report to camp?

TFCRegina
01-25-2011, 01:42 PM

Admitting De Ro is god now eh?

Good to see we got you coming around. :scarf:

Pookie
01-25-2011, 01:47 PM
Admitting De Ro is god now eh?

Good to see we got you coming around. :scarf:

:)

All a matter of perspective isn't it? What if I said that it didn't believe in unproven. made up human concepts like god, easter bunnies, santa claus and DeRo's worth to the team?

;)

TFCRegina
01-25-2011, 01:52 PM

All a matter of perspective isn't it? What if I said that it didn't believe in unproven. made up human concepts like god, easter bunnies, santa claus and DeRo's worth to the team?

;)

I'd say you just ruined religion, easter, christmas and TFC's chances for the 2011 season. :D

drewski
01-25-2011, 01:56 PM

yup. he was one of the 1st people shown in the video linked on the last page. He even held the door open. What a teammate!

Pookie
01-25-2011, 01:59 PM
I'd say you just ruined religion, easter, christmas and TFC's chances for the 2011 season. :D

The adult world can get along just fine without all 4... probably with a lot less drama ;)

That said, staring at a picture of a family baptism, we can always hold out hope that at least one of those turns out to be Truth.

Pookie
01-25-2011, 02:00 PM
yup. he was one of the 1st people shown in the video linked on the last page. He even held the door open. What a teammate!

Maybe they told him it was a bank?

Good to see that we won't be subjected to "hold out drama" though. Time to learn a new system.

Technorgasm
01-25-2011, 02:05 PM
They are prob at the airport now no?

Gazza
01-25-2011, 02:06 PM
I'm an atheist and i'm still going to pray...we need all the help we can get!

As a toronto sport's fan, i can still get excited but manage my expectations at the same time.

Feeling the rain on my face and the frost bite on my feet with the beer in my liver while wearing my red scarf on opening day is still something i'll always get excited about.

Technorgasm
01-25-2011, 02:08 PM
JDG will be done with his 'fro soon and should be in by noon at the latest.

Hsi Fro, is considerabley smaller now. . .

kitchener-TFC
01-25-2011, 04:34 PM
Feeling the rain on my face and the frost bite on my feet with the beer in my liver while wearing my red scarf on opening day is still something i'll always get excited about.
:scarf: Nice quote

spark
01-25-2011, 04:48 PM
He was at the National Team Kit Unveiling last night....should have asked him what are his plans while in town.

I think if you put 2 + 2 together you are probably correct. Sidra really has no reason to be in TO just hangin around except for the obvious.

jloome
01-25-2011, 04:50 PM

;)

Descartes would say it's irrelevant, because everything except self is unproven.

Oldtimer
01-25-2011, 05:04 PM
Descartes would say it's irrelevant, because everything except self is unproven.

Yet according to Lewis Carrol, we're all characters in the Red King's dream. So even that can't be philosophically proven.

hrvat87
01-25-2011, 05:11 PM
the team departs on thursday evening

jloome
01-25-2011, 06:48 PM
Yet according to Lewis Carrol, we're all characters in the Red King's dream. So even that can't be philosophically proven.

Of course it can! Existence is the only constant. If you did not exist you could not think, therefore you could not debate whether you exist.

pekduck
01-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Of course it can! Existence is the only constant. If you did not exist you could not think, therefore you could not debate whether you exist.

I'm not certain about that proposition. I am thinking and being in existence. However, I cannot test if I could still think when I no longer in existence. Therefore, I can only be certain that the ability to think and my existence may be related but with insufficient data to conclude that thinking is dependent on existence.

In short, I have no idea. :)

jloome
01-26-2011, 12:45 AM
I'm not certain about that proposition. I am thinking and being in existence. However, I cannot test if I could still think when I no longer in existence. Therefore, I can only be certain that the ability to think and my existence may be related but with insufficient data to conclude that thinking is dependent on existence.

In short, I have no idea. :)

If you could not think, you could not postulate your own existence. So the fact that you have the awareness required to think proves your existence.

Oldtimer
01-26-2011, 08:07 AM
If you could not think, you could not postulate your own existence. So the fact that you have the awareness required to think proves your existence.

But of you are a character in the Red King's dream, maybe the Red King exists but you don't. The Red King is schizoid.

TFCDP
01-26-2011, 10:08 AM
This thread has taken a turn for the worse

Walms
01-26-2011, 10:41 AM
^ took the words out of my mouth (but its still jokes)

I can't wait for this season to start, with so much potential and buzz around the year, My Hopes are high

ahandle
01-26-2011, 11:14 AM
can't wait for the season to start....when does the schedule usually comes out? Feb.?