PDA

View Full Version : Kezman to South China

ballerz
01-20-2011, 11:51 AM
Mateja Kezman was rumoured to be heading to MLS by various sources since parting ways with PSG in November. He chose Hong Kong of all places and has joined South China.

His experience with Dutch soccer was seen to be useful in our new system. At 31, he was the right age for a DP.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/20012011/2/serb-striker-kezman-joins-south-china.html

TFCRegina
01-20-2011, 11:53 AM
Mateja Kezman was rumoured to be heading to MLS by various sources since parting ways with PSG in November. He chose Hong Kong of all places and has joined South China.

His experience with Dutch soccer was seen to be useful in our new system. At 31, he was the right age for a DP.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/20012011/2/serb-striker-kezman-joins-south-china.html

Last thing we need is another overpriced foreign DP.

boban
01-20-2011, 12:39 PM
How do you know he is over priced? And how many goals would you consider him to be overpriced at?
The article makes no mention of salary.
Don't be spewing shit just for the sake of spewing it.

KezmanCCCC
01-20-2011, 01:17 PM
What an idiot.... Would have been a much better fit for him here in Toronto. But I read in a few Serbian articles that he us signed only to the end of the season in china. So he could still come to the mls in the near future.

werewolf
01-20-2011, 01:24 PM
The base salary for an average foreign player is about $20 000- 30 000/month, tax free, plus accomadation, transport and plane tickets home. I am sure a player of Kezman stature could command a considerable amount more.

I saw him play for PSG in september, he certainly looks to be on the downside of his career, though that was just one match. It does say a lot if he is being released from a team between transfer periods.

denime
01-20-2011, 03:40 PM

I quess you would rather have a domestic overpriced DP.:facepalm:

flamehawk
01-22-2011, 01:28 AM
http://www.thestandard.com.hk/breaking_news_detail.asp?id=19689&icid=5&d_str=20110121

Apparently Kezman might only be getting $37,000 HK a month (aprox, $250,000 CAD a year) at the club I support in HK. So not even DP money, wouldn't have minded him playing here in Toronto.

TFCRegina
01-22-2011, 01:37 AM
I quess you would rather have a domestic overpriced DP.:facepalm:

If they're going to be overpriced, absolutely.

But I'd rather have an appropriately priced domestic DP who brings the cap hit down by 75k when he receives DP status. Instead of adding another 325k hit to the salary, with only marginal additional benefit to the club.

Better to free 75k in cap space, and use that 400k we saved from not acquiring a new player making DP wages and put it into paying for average to above average, competent players.

God I wish I was the Manager of this club some days. I'd be universally loathed. :D

Waggy
01-22-2011, 06:47 AM
If they're going to be overpriced, absolutely.

But I'd rather have an appropriately priced domestic DP who brings the cap hit down by 75k when he receives DP status. Instead of adding another 325k hit to the salary, with only marginal additional benefit to the club.

Better to free 75k in cap space, and use that 400k we saved from not acquiring a new player making DP wages and put it into paying for average to above average, competent players.

God I wish I was the Manager of this club some days. I'd be universally loathed. :D

Why in gods name? What? Why not just use the 400k on 2 or 3 competent MLS players then? The point of a DP is to be a game changer, not an above average player. If it isn't being used on someone way too good for MLS then the money can definitely better spent. 400k a year on one player, DP or no, is a crap load in MLS. Good teams have multiple legit good players who make under 140k a year.

3 average-good mls players>1 above average mls player. It's tough to even make the argument that 1 waytoogoodformls player>3 good mls players in a capped league

edit: Just looked it up, anyone know offhand how many MLS cups designated players have won so far? I'll wait

London
01-22-2011, 06:55 AM
^^^^ i can only think of 1

Waggy
01-22-2011, 07:12 AM
^^^^ i can only think of 1

That would be because there's only been one

Suds
01-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Kezman has been more hype than results since leaving Holland. After leaving PSV he hasn't reached anywhere near the hype that followed him. (not blaming him for the hype) I'm by no means saying he's not a good striker. But I think he career shows once he stepped up a level he was not as effective.

Maybe the MLS is the level he could light it up at his age now. He's also a fairly physical player so he could handle that part of the MLS game. His name might have people think DP money, but his game does not demand it.

TFCRegina
01-22-2011, 01:13 PM
Why in gods name? What? Why not just use the 400k on 2 or 3 competent MLS players then? The point of a DP is to be a game changer, not an above average player. If it isn't being used on someone way too good for MLS then the money can definitely better spent. 400k a year on one player, DP or no, is a crap load in MLS. Good teams have multiple legit good players who make under 140k a year.

3 average-good mls players>1 above average mls player. It's tough to even make the argument that 1 waytoogoodformls player>3 good mls players in a capped league

edit: Just looked it up, anyone know offhand how many MLS cups designated players have won so far? I'll wait

I think you misunderstood what I said. Because you argued against me...even though I was saying the same thing.

Serb_Star
01-22-2011, 03:14 PM
He only singed on for 2 months, he'll be in the MLS come the summer.

Kezman is a great poacher but TFC has zero creativity in midfield and no good wingers so I think he would be fairly useless here.