PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Renewal Rate

mclaren
01-18-2011, 06:55 PM
Does anyone know what the final percentage was this year?

Chevy
01-18-2011, 07:25 PM
Tom Anselmi told me it was a billion percent.

ensco
01-18-2011, 07:33 PM
A rep told me it was 85% during the SSH renewals, but that should probably by taken with a grain of salt. It seemed high to me given the number of seats available.

Red CB Toronto
01-18-2011, 07:42 PM
A rep told me it was 85% during the SSH renewals, but that should probably by taken with a grain of salt. It seemed high to me given the number of seats available.

I agree as I was able to purchase a pair of light grey season tickets this year, being on the gold list, I attended the fifth group of the first day
they had for new people to buy season tickets for the first time.

Sullivan
01-18-2011, 07:55 PM
FWIW

My neighbour joined the wait list in October 2010. He received an email on Friday the 7 about partials (9 games); his time slot was Thursday the 13th I think he said he's in 120 with 2 seats.

kodiakTFC
01-18-2011, 08:15 PM
I was told it was at 87%.

Pachuco
01-18-2011, 08:17 PM
A colleague of mine moved here 2 years ago. Went to one game and decided to get himself on the red list. He got a call to see if he wanted seasons. I don't believe for a second the renewal rate was that high. Unless they messed up and put him at the top of the list.

redcard
01-18-2011, 09:12 PM
dont forget they opened up an additional 2000 seats in the north end...which would account for more gold and red listers getting tickets...

Carts
01-18-2011, 09:44 PM
I was told it was at 87%.

I was told "just under 90%" so 87% would be basically, if not exactly, the same...

They added 1260 or so in the North End which opened up some availability to the Gold/Red waiting list...

More to the story, a "significant number" of non-renewals were clients with multiple pairs and/or several season tickets where they "downsized" the size/numbers of tickets in their possession...

That doesn't surprise me, as I knew a few people who had "their personal tickets" and then bought other pairs in the high-price district, or supporter priced areas as they thought they would be "Leaf-Like Valuable Real Estate" at BMO aka like the ACC...

Carts

Ryan1984
01-18-2011, 09:50 PM
my buddy put his name on the waiting list in October and was offered seasons this year

flatpicker
01-18-2011, 09:50 PM
I was told "just under 90%" so 87% would be basically, if not exactly, the same...

More to the story, a "significant number" of non-renewals were clients with multiple pairs and/or several season tickets where they "downsized" the size/numbers of tickets in their possession...

Carts

Yup... so the SSH renewal could be quite different from the total seat renewal.

sidvan
01-18-2011, 10:00 PM
I'm guilty...they counted me for renewing two seats. They did not count me out for the 4 seats i dropped.

kodiakTFC
01-18-2011, 10:07 PM
Oakville dropped their entire allotment of tickets. They had something like 200 seats in 126.

flatpicker
01-18-2011, 10:13 PM
I bet actual seat renewal was closer to 65-ish%

Zeke_Jones
01-18-2011, 10:30 PM
If the money was going towards building a better team im sure most of us would agree to pay extra.
I didnt renew my seats in 112 but I hope the next person who gets them enjoys the experience, personally I like watching the game more than I do singing/jumping.

rocker
01-18-2011, 10:44 PM
did they eventually get new signups to fill in the non-renewed seats? I seem to remember reading something about that.

hopefully the process cleared out the deadwood surrounding me -- non-TFC fans who thought MLS would be Serie A when they bought tickets due to the Beckham signing. ugh.

Sullivan
01-18-2011, 11:50 PM
Oakville dropped their entire allotment of tickets. They had something like 200 seats in 126.

That was a strained relationship, Johnston failed to honour a few "agreements" with Oakville SC over the years.

I think Burlington also dropped some tickets as well.

Red CB Toronto
01-18-2011, 11:55 PM
That was a strained relationship, Johnston failed to honour a few "agreements" with Oakville SC over the years.

I think Burlington also dropped some tickets as well.

Was Oakville Soccer Club not one of the groups that had several hundred tickets during the first season and gradually reduced the amount they took, I remember that their were a few soccer organizations that had 500 or more tickets each.

Super
01-19-2011, 12:05 AM
I'm pretty sure Paul Beirne came out last month and announced that all season tickets had been sold out. That's the current situation, I believe. And if that's correct, we'll now look forward to the new season to see what will come of that. If we have a successful season you'll likely see 95%+ renewal - and beyond that a bigger waiting list. That's why people are scared to give up their tickets. They know they're always just one season away from having a very hot ticket again - or not.

Flipityflu
01-19-2011, 06:15 AM
I'm pretty sure Paul Beirne came out last month and announced that all season tickets had been sold out. That's the current situation, I believe. And if that's correct, we'll now look forward to the new season to see what will come of that. If we have a successful season you'll likely see 95%+ renewal - and beyond that a bigger waiting list. That's why people are scared to give up their tickets. They know they're always just one season away from having a very hot ticket again - or not.

thats also why MLSE can run things as badly as they have in all their sporting franchises.

Shakes McQueen
01-19-2011, 06:24 AM
You can't use empty seats during games last season as an indicator of where ST renewals might be. Many people buy season seats and then don't go to half of the games, but they don't want to give up their seat altogether. The same is true of Leafs STH's - I've seen many a Leafs game where there are a smattering of empty seats across the arena, because of ticket holders simply not using their seats that night. I imagine it'd be even more true if your seats were for a soccer team that wasn't playing well.

We also need to keep in mind that season tickets don't account for all of the seats in the stadium, and that they added a bunch more seats in the south end.

When you take all of this into account, I suspect their estimates of roughly 85% are probably in the ballpark, though possibly inflated a bit due to biased accounting of the numbers in their favour.

- Scott

Oldtimer
01-19-2011, 06:26 AM
More to the story, a "significant number" of non-renewals were scalpers with multiple pairs and/or many season tickets where they "downsized" the size/numbers of tickets in their possession...

FYP :D

Shakes McQueen
01-19-2011, 06:29 AM
I'm sure the clearing out of a lot of the scalpers has likely had an effect too. Lord knows how many seats they collectively held.

- Scott

ensco
01-19-2011, 07:40 AM
I'm pretty sure Paul Beirne came out last month and announced that all season tickets had been sold out.

I'm pretty sure he'd say that, no matter what the outcome.

However, there are some people around here who didn't just fall off the turnip truck.

Pachuco
01-19-2011, 08:38 AM

They added 1260 or so in the North End which opened up some availability to the Gold/Red waiting list...

That doesn't surprise me, as I knew a few people who had "their personal tickets" and then bought other pairs in the high-price district, or supporter priced areas as they thought they would be "Leaf-Like Valuable Real Estate" at BMO aka like the ACC...

Carts

I suspect this is exactly the case. Maybe 80 something percent of the seat owners renewed, but no way 80 something percent of the actual seats were renewed.

That's certainly not possible when the list is supposed to have 10,000 people on it and we have people getting phone calls who joined that list once it was already in that range.

mclaren
01-19-2011, 11:05 AM
did they eventually get new signups to fill in the non-renewed seats? I seem to remember reading something about that.

hopefully the process cleared out the deadwood surrounding me -- non-TFC fans who thought MLS would be Serie A when they bought tickets due to the Beckham signing. ugh.

really? give your head a shake.

Mark in Ottawa
01-19-2011, 02:06 PM
Lies, damn lies and statistics.
There is the % of returning people and the % of renewed seats.
Two totally different numbers.
It just depends who you ask and how you word the question.

Carefree
01-19-2011, 02:40 PM
Just got a call from a ticket rep doing a pitch on the partial packs. I've been on the gold list since season 2 and that's the first time they ever called me more than once in the off-season (they also tried to sell me seasons last fall). They're trying hard.

rocker
01-19-2011, 03:00 PM
really? give your head a shake.

why should I give my head a shake? come sit in my row and you'll see the problem.
if the deadwood is gone, that's an unexpected benefit.

You're not in section 125 are ya?? ;)

lazlo_80
01-19-2011, 09:30 PM
I got an email twice for partial packs. The second time was today. me and my bro both bought one. I'm psyched!

dupont
01-20-2011, 02:51 PM
I got an email twice for partial packs. The second time was today. me and my bro both bought one. I'm psyched!

Good! Have fun! I'm hoping that since it's so easy to get tickets this year that some fresh blood will buy up some of the tickets and reignite the atmosphere.

BS1327
01-20-2011, 03:19 PM
Yeah, I got an e-mail again too. Bought mine back in December.

It frustrates me that I asked if anything was available in the $260 price range, and I was told no, then checked the available tickets yesterday, and they were available in 127...

I'm happier in 110, but still the fact that I was told no...ML$E for ya.

Yohan
01-20-2011, 03:46 PM
just picked up a pair of partials in 127. i think both season opener and finale packs still have some 127 seats available

GBV
01-20-2011, 03:50 PM
Whatever it is, the deadline extensions etc. mean they had to at least sweat for it for once. Good.

brandrews
01-20-2011, 04:30 PM
just picked up a pair of partials in 127. i think both season opener and finale packs still have some 127 seats available

i also just picked up a pair of partials in 127, then mentioned that on the NEE forum, and they were surprised that was happening; said they'd be talking to front office...haha.

are there already a few RPBs that have slipped into that section?

Petor
01-20-2011, 04:35 PM
Yeah, I got an e-mail again too. Bought mine back in December.

It frustrates me that I asked if anything was available in the $260 price range, and I was told no, then checked the available tickets yesterday, and they were available in 127...

I'm happier in 110, but still the fact that I was told no...ML$E for ya.

Ya same here, was offered 110 or 104, took 110.
And I as well noticed partial packs available today in 127. :rolleyes:

Carefree
01-20-2011, 05:28 PM
I took two in 110. I'll give them another chance.

BS1327
01-20-2011, 05:39 PM
Ya same here, was offered 110 or 104, took 110.
And I as well noticed partial packs available today in 127. :rolleyes:

Yeah. I got the same seats I had last year in Row 16...only 4 rows down from a savings of $100 a ticket...C'est la vie!

I'm looking forward to this season, hopefully we here some news on signings soon!

lazlo_80
01-20-2011, 11:51 PM
Yep. Our tix are in the NEE section too. I sat there a bunch last year for the CONCACAF games. I still can't believe how much they charge for those tix right behind the net on the north end. I've sat there and it's not a great place to watch a game from. No depth.

ahandle
01-26-2011, 11:16 AM
I'm excited for the tickets to arrive in the mail!

cmonyoureds
01-30-2011, 04:06 PM
as of this week apparently they're still flogging the partial packs to anyone who will pick up the phone.....

nfitz
01-30-2011, 10:34 PM
Yes, anyone can still buy them through Account Manager. Just checking now ... availability is slowly going though. There were 8 in a row in light-grey available originally. Now there are only singles in light grey for the Season Ender package - though plenty of availability in medium-grey. Though for the Home Opener package, there isn't even a single in light-grey, nor any pairs cheaper than light-blue (but nor surprisingly lots of availability in light-blue).

So they seem to be moving.

drexel10
01-31-2011, 09:47 AM
With what has gone on with season tickets this past year, I am predicitng a better atmoshphere than last year. I think a lot of the people coming by to check out the novelty are gone and the demand for scalpers is gone, so I think it will be more like that CCL games where the crowd actually care about the team. At least more so than the last few years.

lazlo_80
01-31-2011, 06:25 PM
That Cruz Azul game was one of the best sporting events I have ever been to.