PDA

View Full Version : Inside the Ajax Academy

moralis
01-12-2011, 12:50 PM
If anyone wants to know more about Ajax's football academy watch this video:

http://www.uefa.com/trainingground/news/newsid=1584642.html

http://www.uefa.com/trainingground/grassroots/features/index.htmlhttp://www.uefa.com/trainingground/news/newsid=1584642.html

Mr. Bigby
01-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Thanks. An interesting video!

RicoSuave44
01-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Wow. Watching some of those really young kids play, you realize just how behind the times we are here in North America.

TFCin110
01-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Wow. Watching some of those really young kids play, you realize just how behind the times we are here in North America.

Kids here play full 11 a side at 11 years old.....kids in Europe play 7 a side until 14 years old. Parents in NA don't understand that smaller pitches equals more touches, and better technique. Also, another thing they do in Europe is every kid has to play every position up until about 14. That way your defenders get comfortable playing the ball out of the back and not long ball like here in NA. Have you ever noticed how when the defenders here get pressured they punt it. Very rarely do you see a defender here that can beat a man to create space to play a ball on the ground to the midfield.

Jeff s
01-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Have you ever noticed how when the defenders here get pressured they punt it.
omg yes, thats actually one reason why I stopped playing in outdoor soccer leagues. Nothing more annoying than playing as a mid and see the ball go over your head over and over again.

Detroit_TFC
01-12-2011, 09:06 PM
The fact that somebody involved at a high level in that set up now works for us just blows me away. Can you imagine if that kind of youth training was implemented league wide? It would change the sport in North America.

I wonder the degree to which each team in the league sees this as a priority. Some have made major investments and some, at least to my knowledge, haven't done as much.

Beach_Red
01-12-2011, 09:24 PM
Kids here play full 11 a side at 11 years old.....kids in Europe play 7 a side until 14 years old. Parents in NA don't understand that smaller pitches equals more touches, and better technique. Also, another thing they do in Europe is every kid has to play every position up until about 14. That way your defenders get comfortable playing the ball out of the back and not long ball like here in NA. Have you ever noticed how when the defenders here get pressured they punt it. Very rarely do you see a defender here that can beat a man to create space to play a ball on the ground to the midfield.

Years ago there was a lot of talk about uskng smaller rinks and smaller nets for kids' hockey, but it didn't really go anywhere. I thought it was a Canadian atitude, Little League baseball is played on a smaller diamond.

mdc 77
01-13-2011, 09:54 AM
Doesn't really make sense for hockey, some European leagues have even adopted the smaller playing surface, e.g. Finland.

Serb_Star
01-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Realistically, I don't expect to see that at TFC.

hrvat87
01-13-2011, 09:49 PM
TFC will make playoff for 1st time this season.if Mariner brings in all the players that Winter want....Winter was a great player,and has a goood coaching resume