PDA

View Full Version : Why does every team in the MLS do Toronto FC chants

TFC RealDeal RPB
06-29-2008, 11:45 AM
I know we didn't invent these chants but its seem like other MLS teams use the ones we do, there r so many chants out there do they have to use the ones we do

werewolf
06-29-2008, 11:46 AM
we didn't invent all these chants ourselves, some cases however...when did DC start doing the Forza?

Roogsy
06-29-2008, 11:47 AM
DC was doing that a long time before.

But Toronto coming into the league added a little more variety, not to mention embarrassed some teams into putting a little more effort into their support.

TFC RealDeal RPB
06-29-2008, 11:52 AM
I know we didnt start all these chants but it seems like more supporters from around the MLS r copying all r chants. In three games this week that i seen i hear THIS IS OUR HOUSE

TFC07
06-29-2008, 11:55 AM
I know we didnt start all these chants but it seems like more supporters from around the MLS r copying all r chants. In three games this week that i seen i hear THIS IS OUR HOUSE

I think they're trying to mock us with that chant. :confused:

ag futbol
06-29-2008, 12:03 PM
That's a little misleading. We didn't "invent" our chants, for the most part we borrowed them from someone else.

There's really only so many chants out there and plenty of repeating.

Mrs. Workie
06-29-2008, 12:05 PM
How many supporters over in Europe say "why do TFC supporters do all our chants?

Roogsy
06-29-2008, 12:10 PM
:rofl:

ZING!

ag futbol
06-29-2008, 12:15 PM
How many supporters over in Europe say "why do TFC supporters do all our chants?
Probably none, because we're so far off the radar they don't know.

We just seem to enjoy bitching more.

Mrs. Workie
06-29-2008, 12:21 PM
Hey, if other teams see what we're doing, and modify it to fit in with their own team, good for them. I'm all for the support of this league growing (especially past the whole marketing to soccer mom's thing). And if they wanna rip off Forzo, and Dichio 24, I'm all for it. This league and it's supporters have little credibility on the world stage as it is, so why not work together to change that? I'd say it's more a compliment than anything.

At the end of the day, we're all football supporters right?

FluSH
06-29-2008, 12:26 PM
I have yet to hear any other MLS team do... TFC Massive and...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee Love you!
We Love You!
We Love you!...

Mrs. Workie
06-29-2008, 12:30 PM
^^^

Too many words for them to get it right :)

adampz
06-29-2008, 12:36 PM
they might steal our chants, but really we've stolen our chants from other clubs

James Oliphant
06-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Every game i see thats not Toronto FC i hear r chants and it makes me mad b/c these people can't come up with there own chants. So what do u guys think ? Did the Toronto FC supporters show the MLS how to chant ?

*sigh*

iansmcl
06-29-2008, 10:18 PM
They may take our chants... but they'll never take... our... FREEDOM!!!

ExiledRed
06-29-2008, 10:25 PM
They may take our chants... but they'll never take... our... FREEDOM!!!

:thumbsup:

ilikemusic
06-29-2008, 10:39 PM
And why do those dicks in Austria keep doing our White Stripes chant? :rolleyes:

Blazer
06-29-2008, 11:35 PM
I know we didn't invent these chants but its seem like other MLS teams use the ones we do, there r so many chants out there do they have use the ones we do

Because we do them THAT fucking good and everybody wants to be a New York Yankee! :p

Blazer
06-29-2008, 11:38 PM

We Love You!
We Love you!...

I love this chant, more importantly, I love that the rash has spread and we're getting louder with it. I'm looking forward to "John Carver's All Red Army" next.

iansmcl
06-30-2008, 12:18 AM
^^^ Yes... Yes... YES!!! Can we please try to get this going in Chicago? If not at the Whitecaps game? Maybe I should get Cityboy and see if he'll help start it in 114/115...

heather
06-30-2008, 01:08 AM

We Love You!
We Love you!...

I love this chant!! :D

It's fun to do and it sounds and looks great (especially the end part when everyone jumps around) :fluffy:

I also like how we don't do it that often :)

Steve
06-30-2008, 11:31 AM
They were doing most of those chants before we were, so maybe this thread should be "Why did TFC steal so many chants from other MLS teams?

Fort York Redcoat
06-30-2008, 03:40 PM
Everybody niks everybody's songs. It's just the way...

Raging Reggie
06-30-2008, 04:43 PM
this thread makes me want to start chanting, to bad i have to wait until tommorrow.......

Rudi
06-30-2008, 05:50 PM
Threads like these make me want to poke my eyes out.

They are the exact reason that people think TFC fans are full of themselves. Most of our chants are 'borrowed' from elsewhere, so yes, there will be a lot of repetition across the league.

Also, DC hasn't been doing Dale Cavese longer than us. It's been roughly the same amount of time for both teams. I'm counting our usage as starting from the day of that shitshow stemming from when U-Sector sang it at a game roughly a year ago.

BBBulldog
06-30-2008, 07:37 PM
We Love You!
We Love you!...

Metros have been doing that whole season, some others too I think. It's easy to do whatever you want with 30 guys, they could be singing Illiad :D

This is like if I said how come you do your Dichio chant on same tune that's almost synonimous with DC in MLS. I can't say that cos it's River tune in first place.

We have one original tho so it would be funny if someone else did that :D

Cavese is not that old as far as Europe, it's old Boca chant (done with "dale") but I never heard it before seeing cavese vid on some ultras board

Parkdale
07-01-2008, 08:20 AM
hahaha...

How come 90% of our chants can be heard with slightly different words in the movie Green Street Hooligans?

London
07-01-2008, 08:30 AM
most chants are derived from the same songs,simple as that!!!!
I would be willing to bet that there have not been 10 original chants created in MLS!!
(meaning it is not changed words from an original song)

koryo
07-01-2008, 08:38 AM
Threads like these make me want to poke my eyes out.

They are the exact reason that people think TFC fans are full of themselves...

:thumbsup:

In fact it shows that most of us don't know what the hell we're going on about.