PDA

View Full Version : "We're Making A Major Announcement!"

Pages : [1] 2

Parkdale
01-05-2011, 02:14 PM
hahahahaha.... wonder what it could be? :rolleyes:

Happy New Year DOUCHEBAG!!

We're kicking off the new year in style! We wanted to give you a heads up that Toronto FC's new management team will be announced tomorrow afternoon (Thursday) at 1:00 p.m.

We're holding a press conference at Air Canada Centre where Tom Anselmi will introduce the people that have been chosen to lead our club.

Make sure you don't miss it! The announcement will be broadcast live on GOLTV Canada (http://click.mlsefanmail.com/?qs=7088644472c1da9ab5a26d32abc5fe916a21d951fa7338 ac394250afd5c6a9d3) and online on Toronto FC TV. (http://click.mlsefanmail.com/?qs=7088644472c1da9a1581dc02b7f43bcd46bfdb2eb3c917 2f859dd83e397671c2) We will also be hosting a live web chat on TorontoFC.ca (http://click.mlsefanmail.com/?qs=7088644472c1da9a35145e2991f52cb736de1604852b8c 42f4f4b190d1199c00) so you can join in the conversation. For a full list of GOLTV channel locations, click here. (http://click.mlsefanmail.com/?qs=7088644472c1da9acb0d478b265ab074a934140df5d501 dccec5dd874b436d53)
It's going to be an exciting day, and we're looking forward to sharing the news with you!

Toronto FC
// All For One

Parkdale
01-05-2011, 02:14 PM
despite my general snark..... I'm thrilled with the announcement*

*provided it's what we all know it will be.

jabbronies
01-05-2011, 02:16 PM
Mourinho as manager
Tevez signing.

Stugatzo
01-05-2011, 02:16 PM
dick...beat me to it!

Suds
01-05-2011, 02:17 PM
well ... seeing you started a whole other thread I'll post my request here to

can everyone please do as I did and message TFC, their twitter, communications people, TommyA, PB, GolTV, the janitor, and any known associates of TFC .. TO MIC THE F-KN' REPORTERS SO WE CAN HEAR THEIR QUESTIONS?!?!!

thank you :)

Auzzy
Parkdale as GM.
Anselmi as Coch.
Heard it here first.

boban
Yeah fuck them and their presser at ACC.
Isn't where they play their games at the CNE not good enough?
I want major soccer anouncements made at the NSS where we start building some tradition and history. Not at a basketball arena.
> rant done.

billyfly
01-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Douchebag? That's Parkdale's real name?

razor787
01-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Yeah fuck them and their presser at ACC.
Isn't where they play their games at the CNE not good enough?
I want major soccer anouncements made at the NSS where we start building some tradition and history. Not at a basketball arena.
> rant done.

Its just a press conference... It doesn't have to be at BMO. But I an quite excited about this. Will be great to see things set in stone.

TFC USA
01-05-2011, 02:28 PM
jimmybaldx as head coach
Winter as GM
Frei sold to Man Utd for record sum

Parkdale
01-05-2011, 02:29 PM

that's MISTER Douchebag to you

Yagbod
01-05-2011, 02:29 PM
I'm more looking forward to their reaction to questions about Dero.

Parkdale
01-05-2011, 02:31 PM
I'm more looking forward to their reaction to questions about Dero.

you know that Wheeler will be asking about that. He's always a fly in the ointment for those guys on presser day.

sidenote: who uses 'ointment' anymore.

Globetrotter
01-05-2011, 02:32 PM
So when we check "Today's news" tomorrow morning, it will be full of globe, sun, star reports telling us "today MLSE will be announcing their new blah blah". I hope someone from those papers goes there and says "ya, we already know. it's in the today's paper already, and the dutch guy told us a few days ago anyways".

snoopdog
01-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Happy New Year?? must have been some party! Hope its something we don't already know??

billyfly
01-05-2011, 02:33 PM
The magic of Penaten Cream!

http://www.german-store.net/images/dbimages/artikel_0000010_s_1.jpg

TFCRegina
01-05-2011, 02:33 PM

Parents had a premonition :P

mastermixer
01-05-2011, 02:34 PM
you know that Wheeler will be asking about that. He's always a fly in the ointment for those guys on presser day.

sidenote: who uses 'ointment' anymore.

As negative as he can be sometimes... he does have the balls to ask some real questions.

MartinUtd
01-05-2011, 02:35 PM
Mo Johnston is being added to THE WALL

Parkdale
01-05-2011, 02:38 PM
As negative as he can be sometimes... he does have the balls to ask some real questions.

yep. and I'm happy he does. someone's gotta be a douchebag about these things..... and not just billyfly

Brooker
01-05-2011, 02:39 PM

damn that would be awesome.

Suds
01-05-2011, 02:39 PM
yep. and I'm happy he does. someone's gotta be a douchebag about these things..... and not just billyfly

a billyfly in the ointment?? ewwwww!

dupont
01-05-2011, 02:40 PM
This should still be an interesting presser. I'm curious if they found spots for all the current crew of staff and if that is a-ok with the guys coming in.

Carts
One FREE CHIP BUTTY for everyone opening day...!!!

boban
Its just a press conference... It doesn't have to be at BMO. But I an quite excited about this. Will be great to see things set in stone.
Don't know if you have noticed but there has been quite the run of soccer announcements coming out of ACC and not NSS!
Things like the MLS Final, and other TFC news.
That news shouldn't be coming out of a basketball arena.
Period.

mastermixer
01-05-2011, 02:41 PM

Laughed out loud.

trane
01-05-2011, 02:42 PM
I wonder what the annoucement may be about???? I am so excited. I love suprises.

Carts
01-05-2011, 02:44 PM
Don't know if you have noticed but there has been quite the run of soccer announcements coming out of ACC and not NSS!
Period.

The ACC is a Multi-Purpose Entertainment Facility...

Unfortunately, that multi-purpose doesn't cover proper footy LOL...

Carts...

PS: what the hell is basketball...???

Suds
01-05-2011, 02:44 PM
I wonder what the annoucement may be about???? I am so excited. I love suprises.

they finally sorted out the issue with the lids not fitting the beer cups

Carts
01-05-2011, 02:45 PM

They must have read my 'MO JOHNSTON APPRECIATION THREAD' in response to the JDG appreciation thread.... :)

Carts... :D

trane
01-05-2011, 02:47 PM

Wow, that is major and suprising, they must have paid millions for the research.

Parkdale
01-05-2011, 02:47 PM
Period.

it's for TV.

the ACC is setup for Sports News people at any given moment. If they want to do anything 'live to air' at BMO, it requires renting a video truck. It just makes a hell of a lot more sense to hold press conferences at a facility that is set up for them. But what's a little logic?

trane
01-05-2011, 02:49 PM
^ I see you are back on MLSE's payroll.

Auzzy
01-05-2011, 02:49 PM

Wow, that is major and suprising, they must have paid millions for the research.

Yes, and you would not believe the fees that consultants charge for this type of work.

trane
01-05-2011, 02:50 PM
^ As long as the money does not go to De Ro, that is OK.

[ Roogsy this is a joke]

Parkdale
01-05-2011, 02:52 PM

yep. DeRoogsy signs my checks ;)

[this is also a joke]

trane
01-05-2011, 02:53 PM
^ DeRoogsy. nice. very nice.

Yohan
01-05-2011, 02:55 PM
^ DeRoogsy. nice. very nice.
i lol'd. well played sir

trane
01-05-2011, 02:56 PM
^ I have a feeling that one will stick.

boban
01-05-2011, 03:08 PM
Exactly. Thanks.

flatpicker
01-05-2011, 03:09 PM
The suspense is killing me...

boban
01-05-2011, 03:10 PM
it's for TV.

the ACC is setup for Sports News people at any given moment. If they want to do anything 'live to air' at BMO, it requires renting a video truck. It just makes a hell of a lot more sense to hold press conferences at a facility that is set up for them. But what's a little logic?
They have a presser area and media room at the NSS.
It's a new stadium with the bells and whistles of technology.

trane
01-05-2011, 03:11 PM

Maybe they are going to give away parmesan???

jabbronies
01-05-2011, 03:14 PM

The inside wall of every urinal in the stadium? I guess those soccer nets in the urinals weren't working to keep the piss in eh?

Parkdale
01-05-2011, 03:15 PM
They have a presser area and media room at the NSS.

they have a room. yes. do they have a full time video uplink? doubt it.
Do they have all the gear sitting there waiting for someone to use it? doubt it.
Does the ACC have a full staff of video techs just waiting for the next raps / leafs game? YES.
Also... who's making the announcements? Anselmi. And where do you think his offices are?

dislike it all you want, it just doesn't make sense from a practical standpoint.

trane
01-05-2011, 03:17 PM
^ Well I am not sure were Anslemi's office is , but his head is up his ass.

ManUtd4ever
01-05-2011, 03:18 PM

LOL, I hope so!

Parkdale
01-05-2011, 03:19 PM

and no... it's not.

no truck means no uplink.

you might notice they have them parked for every home game?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3059/2635811972_fae0389c90.jpg

want to guess what one of these cost to rent for the day?

and that right there, is why it's happening at the ACC. (among with all the other logical reasons I already listed)

ArmenJBX
01-05-2011, 03:20 PM
jimmybaldx as head coach
Winter as GM
Frei sold to Man Utd for record sum

How did you know???

trane
01-05-2011, 03:20 PM
^ Well I am not sure were Anslemi's office is , but his head is up his ass.

Hey, maybe that is what the announcment is" We would like to announce that after a long seach we finaly found Tom Anslemi's footy brain, it was in his head, which unfortunaltely was up his ass, we extracted it, but we are still not certain as too the result of the operation. We will have to waite and monitor progress.... and by the way we also hired winter and mariner".

Chevy
01-05-2011, 03:23 PM

The announcement is:

"DeRosario Chooses Travelocity as his Official Discount Airfare Provider for Footballers Returning from Scotland"

trane
01-05-2011, 03:24 PM
^ De Ro hires a new agent DeRoogsy.

flatpicker
01-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Maybe they are going to give away parmesan???

I'd be happy with that announcement.
We need it to cover that shit pizza they serve!

boban
01-05-2011, 03:33 PM
they have a room. yes. do they have a full time video uplink? doubt it.
Do they have all the gear sitting there waiting for someone to use it? doubt it.
Does the ACC have a full staff of video techs just waiting for the next raps / leafs game? YES.
Also... who's making the announcements? Anselmi. And where do you think his offices are?

dislike it all you want, it just doesn't make sense from a practical standpoint.
So you doubt it. Which leads me to believe you are talking out of your ass because you don't know.
Don't assume.
The stadium was built with the explicit knowledge that it was and did broadcast to the world, much less a city.
It has the technical hardware to do so.
As far as practical for MLSE brass .. well who gives a fuck!!
If they want to grow the game, and everything around it, and are sincere about it, like they try to sell it to the public with their statements, then you start my making this the home (NSS) of soccer in this country - be dammed the inconvenience to Tom and the rest of the cronies.

trane
01-05-2011, 03:34 PM
I'd be happy with that announcement.
We need it to cover that shit pizza they serve!

hahahaha. Just do not let Terroni staff see you do it.

Roogsy
01-05-2011, 03:36 PM
So you doubt it. Which leads me to believe you are talking out of your ass because you don't know.
Don't assume.
The stadium was built with the explicit knowledge that it was and did broadcast to the world, much less a city.
If they want to grow the game, and everything around it, and are sincere about it, like they try to sell it to the public with their statements, then you start my making this the home (NSS) of soccer in this country - be dammed the inconvenience to Tom and the rest of the cronies.

^ You do know that Parkdale works in media and was in fact in a RPB video in the first season touring the TFC grounds and media facilities? (Not to mention several documented "visitations" to the grounds without permission? LOL! )

I am inclined to believe him.

TFC John
01-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Don't assume.

Perhaps you should stand outside Gate 4 after a game sometime and watch them roll all kinds of boxes marked with CBC out to the waiting trucks. If they don't leave their gear at the stadium between games, I highly doubt they've left it there all winter. Sadly, Parky's right - that just hurts to say sometimes.

boban
01-05-2011, 03:43 PM
^ You do know that Parkdale works in media and was in fact in a RPB video in the first season touring the TFC grounds and media facilities? (Not to mention several documented "visitations" to the grounds without permission? LOL! )

I am inclined to believe him.
You do know I know someone high up who did the actual building of the damn thing?!!

FreekAce
01-05-2011, 03:44 PM
^(Not to mention several documented "visitations" to the grounds without permission? LOL! )

good times b&e'ing with sparky! and whats this i read, he'll also be subsidizing my trip to BC? i should hang out here more often.

boban
01-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Perhaps you should stand outside Gate 4 after a game sometime and watch them roll all kinds of boxes marked with CBC out to the waiting trucks. If they don't leave their gear at the stadium between games, I highly doubt they've left it there all winter. Sadly, Parky's right - that just hurts to say sometimes.
No shit. Thats for game broadacast where many reporters are there, many cameras are to be managed, and live and tape footage to be broadcast.

This is a bloody press conference. You could upload a live link on the web from your basement without much difficulty FFS!!

Yes a live game broadcast takes a bit more from a tech standpoint, press conference are no brainers. if I do recall, in the 1st year or 2 they did quite a few pressers there. Now they stopped pretty much completely .

Whoop
01-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Wow, never knew the importance of the location of a press conference.

I don't care where they do it as long as they have microphones that work.

scooter
01-05-2011, 03:57 PM
it's for TV.

is that board logic ?

Yohan
01-05-2011, 03:59 PM

it really must be off season when this is the topic we're arguing about. lulz

trane
01-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Maybe they will finaly announce the supporters gate, with a statue of billyfly (you know like rocky).

boban
01-05-2011, 04:00 PM

If both places were soccer centric I wouldn't give a fuck either.
Its just that MLSE talks about opening up the game to new people and building a tradition and et. al .
Why then not have the big soccer announcements at the NSS? Only makes sense.
The way they are doing it now just wreaks of corporatism and their self interests of $$ and nothing else.

Nodoubtguy
01-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Who cares where they have a press conference?? It's not like there on the middle of the field or anything

J .
01-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Im happy people are excited, but this is an organization that for four years has been unable to run the club and for many years unable to run any of its sports franchises.

Maybe people should temper their excitement now, so they are not disappointed mid season and we have the fire "X" convo's.

Nothing to me has indicated the FO can bring in the right people as history is littered with failed sports people throughout MLSE's history.

Its nice to have a management team in place, but none of these names are new or due to Herr Football.

This entire situation has been mishandled for four months. One presser should not erase that.

Oldtimer
01-05-2011, 04:05 PM
^ someone's upset that Preki was fired. :D

FreekAce
01-05-2011, 04:05 PM
If both places were soccer centric I wouldn't give a fuck either.
Its just that MLSE talks about opening up the game to new people and building a tradition and et. al .
Why then not have the big soccer announcements at the NSS? Only makes sense.
The way they are doing it now just wreaks of corporatism and their self interests of $$ and nothing else.

building tradition through press conference locations? i'd rather they focus on you know, actually doing things to build a tradition. i dont give a fuck if 20 years from now were known as the club that really has their press conferences down :D

billyfly
01-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Maybe they will finaly announce the supporters gate, with a statue of billyfly (you know like rocky).

This I could get behind. I hope they give my statue a large package (a la Tom Jones).

FreekAce
01-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Im happy people are excited, but this is an organization that for four years has been unable to run the club and for many years unable to run any of its sports franchises.

Maybe people should temper their excitement now, so they are not disappointed mid season and we have the fire "X" convo's.

Nothing to me has indicated the FO can bring in the right people as history is littered with failed sports people throughout MLSE's history.

Its nice to have a management team in place, but none of these names are new or due to Herr Football.

This entire situation has been mishandled for four months. One presser should not erase that.

mishandled how? our management sucked balls, thankfully they were shit canned and now they are bringing in what seems to be a well thought team to run things.

Parkdale
01-05-2011, 04:15 PM
This is a bloody press conference. You could upload a live link on the web from your basement without much difficulty FFS!!

and it would look like it too.

BMO field is NOT a permanent broadcast facility. The networks (CBC, TSN whoever) bring in the gear when there is a game to broadcast. That's why the trucks are there. Yes, you could do a press release with a webcam on your iPhone, but it would look about as bad as it sounds.

but whatever, you're just mad about something, that really has no bearing on anything.

ps. Hi freek! good to see ya!

boban
01-05-2011, 04:18 PM
and it would look like it too.

BMO field is NOT a permanent broadcast facility. The networks (CBC, TSN whoever) bring in the gear when there is a game to broadcast. That's why the trucks are there. Yes, you could do a press release with a webcam on your iPhone, but it would look about as bad as it sounds.

but whatever, you're just mad about something, that really has no bearing on anything.

ps. Hi freek! good to see ya!
They have been doing pressers from the NSS before!!!
For some reason 2010 they stopped.
It's not a game broadcast FFS!!

boban
01-05-2011, 04:19 PM
building tradition through press conference locations? i'd rather they focus on you know, actually doing things to build a tradition. i dont give a fuck if 20 years from now were known as the club that really has their press conferences down :D
My point has completely sailed over head then.

J .
mishandled how? our management sucked balls, thankfully they were shit canned and now they are bringing in what seems to be a well thought team to run things.

Management isn't just the GM/Coach, its the entire front office.

Just because a guy starred with a major club as well as internationally doesn't mean he will turn around the club. Just refer to our previous four years.

Just because a guy has coached at a relatively high internationally, doesn't mean he will stick around to see the job through. Just ask John Carver.

Anselmi has never proven to get it right, what indication is there he will get this one right?

Toronto sports fans are fed hope, not the lure of victory to fill our sporting belies. This is another serving of hope. Lets be look at the situation with a more critical eye before we start a FO love in.

Just because someone was brought in, the past should not be forgotten.

My point is people should be tempering their enthusiasm until the results start coming in. Support the club in a lose your voice 90 minutes on gameday, but in between lets not just get all giddy, because after four wasted months, they are bringing somebody in... Finally.

Parkdale

during the season yes, but in the off season?

the Dero Announcement was at the ACC. (that was well before 2010)
The MLS Cup announcement was at the ACC.

you asked why they don't do them there, and I gave you a list of reasons.

billyfly
01-05-2011, 04:20 PM
I'd prefer BMO Field as well since it is the SSS but I am not too concerned that it's at the ACC. If it was summer and it was at the ACC, I'd be more concerned.

J .
01-05-2011, 04:21 PM

ACC > BMO

MLSE offices at ACC.

MLSE owns TFC.

C'mon man.

Gobi
01-05-2011, 04:22 PM
Boban, maybe the IATSE 83 guys have the day off at BMO tomorrow... who knows?
Yes, keeping things local is nice, but don't get angry with the experts when they give you plenty of logical reasons why things are done a certain way.
Just because it's not the way you like doesn't mean it's incorrect and the messenger should be shot.

boban
01-05-2011, 04:25 PM
during the season yes, but in the off season?

the Dero Announcement was at the ACC. (that was well before 2010)
The MLS Cup announcement was at the ACC.

you asked why they don't do them there, and I gave you a list of reasons.
All of which were no good.
JDG was at the NSS, Preki was.
Carver was, Cummins.
Now they just stop.

canadian_bhoy
01-05-2011, 04:25 PM
The ACC is a Multi-Purpose Entertainment Facility...

Unfortunately, that multi-purpose doesn't cover proper footy LOL...

Carts...

PS: what the hell is basketball...???

Basketball specific when MLSE bought the team and rejigged it as best they could (it was half built) to fit the Leafs in there too (hence crappy hockey sight lines).

Also - losing could be considered a single purpose.

boban
01-05-2011, 04:27 PM
Boban, maybe the IATSE 83 guys have the day off at BMO tomorrow... who knows?
Yes, keeping things local is nice, but don't get angry with the experts when they give you plenty of logical reasons why things are done a certain way.
Just because it's not the way you like doesn't mean it's incorrect and the messenger should be shot.
What expert do you speak of??

And who is shooting the messenger?? I said in my op fuck MLSE. No one else.

boban
01-05-2011, 04:30 PM
I'd prefer BMO Field as well since it is the SSS
Thats what I am saying.
My frustration is with people who don't see that and offer reasons that have NOTHING to do with the reason why it is at the basketball arena.

Alixir
01-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Why would they get in cars and drive all the way to BMO when they can walk across the hall at the ACC. Really what fucking difference does it make where the presser is. All you see is backdrop with people sitting infront of it anyway. Jesus I have never seen so much whinging over where a presser is being held...be thankful they are even holding one.

boban
01-05-2011, 04:35 PM
Why would they get in cars and drive all the way to BMO when they can walk across the hall at the ACC. Really what fucking difference does it make where the presser is. All you see is backdrop with people sitting infront of it anyway. Jesus I have never seen so much whinging over where a presser is being held...be thankful they are even holding one.
because the NSS is where the game is played. Where the early days (and we are still in them) of establshing a soccer heritage and infrastructure. All of which the ACC has nothing to do with.
In light of that and if you still don't get it then ...

My point has completely sailed over head then.

phonzo
01-05-2011, 04:40 PM
wow..are people actually arguing about the venue... holy fuck offseason.

Parkdale
01-05-2011, 04:41 PM
wow..are people actually arguing about the venue... holy fuck offseason.

not 'people' just 'person'

phonzo
01-05-2011, 04:41 PM
I hear DeRo has visited the ACC

Whoop
01-05-2011, 04:42 PM
They should hold the presser on the pitch that way you can actually tell it's being held at the stadium.

Otherwise it could be held in Bob's garage for all we know as long as they bring the MLSE backdrop.

boban
01-05-2011, 04:43 PM
not 'people' just 'person'
Actually some do see my point.

FreekAce
01-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Management isn't just the GM/Coach, its the entire front office.

Just because a guy starred with a major club as well as internationally doesn't mean he will turn around the club. Just refer to our previous four years.

Just because a guy has coached at a relatively high internationally, doesn't mean he will stick around to see the job through. Just ask John Carver.

Anselmi has never proven to get it right, what indication is there he will get this one right?

Toronto sports fans are fed hope, not the lure of victory to fill our sporting belies. This is another serving of hope. Lets be look at the situation with a more critical eye before we start a FO love in.

Just because someone was brought in, the past should not be forgotten.

My point is people should be tempering their enthusiasm until the results start coming in. Support the club in a lose your voice 90 minutes on gameday, but in between lets not just get all giddy, because after four wasted months, they are bringing somebody in... Finally.

just because our previous coaches flopped, doesnt mean the new guy will. especially when said new guy's pedegree and potential is more impressive then all previous coaches combined.

and who are you to tell people to temper their enthusiasm. just because you view things in your own bleak and negative way doesnt mean the rest of us dont live life with a more positive outlook.

you should piss in your own cornflakes instead of others.

Pinkie
01-05-2011, 04:52 PM
the stupidity in this thread owns

phonzo
01-05-2011, 04:59 PM
They should hold the presser on the pitch that way you can actually tell it's being held at the stadium.

Otherwise it could be held in Bob's garage for all we know as long as they bring the MLSE backdrop.

roll out the field turf in front of the ACC. Boom pitch

colman1860
01-05-2011, 05:08 PM
Who the fuck cares where it is???

I actually like it being at the ACC, since it more accessible by subway. Is anyone planning on going? Is there a point?

Suds
01-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Who the fuck cares where it is???

I actually like it being at the ACC, since it more accessible by subway. Is anyone planning on going? Is there a point?

Pretty sure it's for media only.

Waggy
Question, and sorry if this has been covered but its making my head hurt to try and read every ridiculous statement in this thread- but isn't BMO not winterized? Like isn't the water off, no heat, no electricity etc? Aren't TFCs offices in the ACC with every other MLSE properties offices? I (kinda) get Bobans anger, but TFCs not based out of BMO they just play out of BMO. There aren't head offices there.

Darlofletch
Definitely a point to it. I'm intrigued to see exactly which positions people are in, what's been done with the pre-existing staff etc etc. should be very interesting.

Idealistically, if not realistically, i agree with Boban, they should do this sort of thing at bmo.

J .
01-05-2011, 05:23 PM
just because our previous coaches flopped, doesnt mean the new guy will. especially when said new guy's pedegree and potential is more impressive then all previous coaches combined.

and who are you to tell people to temper their enthusiasm. just because you view things in your own bleak and negative way doesnt mean the rest of us dont live life with a more positive outlook.

you should piss in your own cornflakes instead of others.

Ahhh yes. The only way to support the club is to 100% blindly view every move they make as right.

Ive supported them since they were announced like many here or in other groups. But the fact is nothing thus far indicates they are going to get it right. So instead of blindly committed to support whatever initiative they do, Im taking a wait and see approach and encouraging other to do the same.

Theres a time for blind support and thats when the team is on the field for the little bit of time we get to watch them. Now is the time to look at things with a logical and critical view.

I hope hard questions are asked at the press conference tomorrow. The pressure must remain on MLSE to improve their product. TFC is still new to the sporting scene and very easily could become irrelevant to the casual fan. Theyve ruined all the work people in this group and others have done to promote the team, build an atmosphere and get the word about about the club.

Its our obligation to hold them to a higher standard. Not just yes sir every move they make.

You really want us to be like Leaf fans?

boban
01-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Question, and sorry if this has been covered but its making my head hurt to try and read every ridiculous statement in this thread- but isn't BMO not winterized? Like isn't the water off, no heat, no electricity etc? Aren't TFCs offices in the ACC with every other MLSE properties offices? I (kinda) get Bobans anger, but TFCs not based out of BMO they just play out of BMO. There aren't head offices there.
Actually there based out of the NSS. MLSE isn't. When Mo was here his and whatever coach had offices there , as well as assistants and what not.
It's not just a stadium, there are offices and other facilities there.

Pookie
01-05-2011, 06:09 PM
Maybe the news is:

- DeRo's paperwork is finally completed?

- Investment in new Field Turf at BMO?

- 2012 Season Ticket renewals due Jan 31st, 2011?

- TFC backing a motion to cancel MLS Playoffs as 'too distracting' for MLS Fan base?

FreekAce
01-05-2011, 06:15 PM
who says anything about blind support. yes the first seasons have been disasters, i dont think anyone is arguing about that. but just as you come out accusing people of blind support(and anyone here that knows me will testify i'm the last to fall into that category), you seem to fall in with those that think nothing can go right.

looking at the state of affairs at the moment and its not nearly as bad as you make it out to be. in a town that had no clue about pro football, did you really think that the company with no experience was going to have everything figured out from the get go? fuck i know clubs back home that have been around 80 years and still havent figured it out ffs. to think mlse would not fuckup on certain matters is just dumb. i've seen nothing that tells me that its a lack of trying to get things right thats the problem, only dumb mistakes.

now ive not lived here very long and TFC is my first dealing with MLSE so perhaps this is why im a little more objective and less eager to constantly cry in outrage, but i think people should mellow out and look forward to an interesting season.

Suds
01-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Oh, and I'll only be happy if the presser tomorrow announces there will be more ATM's at a stadium sponsored by a frickin' bank!

Beach_Red
01-05-2011, 06:35 PM
^ The thing is a lot of the credit is being given to a consulting company that could have been hired at any point in TFC's existence.

J .
01-05-2011, 06:52 PM
The reason why I have an issue with MLSE getting it right, is that their history indicates they can't get it right and have three professional sports franchises to prove that. In fact, for four years I backed what they were telling us until it had to be blown up and always said as much. Well its been blown up and now its time to be cautious.

Fill your boots if you want to endlessly support them when its not game time. Ill be supporting the club regardless if they win a game. Ill still sing my full 90 minutes, whether were are up 5-0 or down 5-0 and Ill still support the club maybe just not the players or FO I think are doing bad by it.

Also, the reason why I bring it up is because its a discussion board to discuss TFC. So offering dissenting opinion is not crying constantly. I'm discussing a related matter. Maybe you're the one crying about reading someones opinion you don't like? I doubt we need a "whats positive about TFC" thread so you can can hear me address what I think is positive.

Redcoe15
01-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Maybe the news is:

- TFC backing a motion to cancel MLS Playoffs as 'too distracting' for MLS Fan base?

- Announce the Argos are moving into BMO Field permamently, as of 2011?

FIXED! :D :hide:

Torontotonto
01-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Maybe the news is:

- 50% refund on 2011 season ticket packages and free beer for home opener for all original SSH for enduring 4 years of MLSE FO bullshit.

TFCRegina
01-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Anselmi announces the results of your paternity test...turns out he's quite the playah

Alixir
01-05-2011, 07:08 PM
They are moving the team, stadium and all, to Baltimore.

Keystone FC
01-05-2011, 07:13 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/assets/images/2009/12/07/091207113928_goldblatt_de_klerk2_466.jpg

Juanito
01-05-2011, 07:21 PM
There are so many thing that they could say, I wonder what it is? Maybe it will be a 2-for-1.

trane
01-05-2011, 07:22 PM
This I could get behind. I hope they give my statue a large package (a la Tom Jones).

ahhahahha. A sock or a banana?

Troll
01-05-2011, 08:13 PM
'A press conference? You're talking about a press conference?... no really, a press conference? C'mon man... it's a press conference!'

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
01-05-2011, 08:27 PM
http://images.publicradio.org/content/2006/05/15/20060515_stadium2_2.jpg

roof!

Code Red
01-05-2011, 10:00 PM
TFC will announce the addition of a "Cheerleading Squad" for 2011 with Tom Anselmi leading the charge. :D

http://www.totalprosports.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/man-wears-daughters-outfit-at-game.jpg

On a serious note, I can't wait for this press conference. Could tomorrow be the beginning of a new era?... A WINNING ERA ?!?

billyfly
01-05-2011, 11:49 PM
ahhahahha. A sock or a banana?

It's up to them. As long as it impresses the ladies.

Wull
01-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Is this about the $5 beers?

Detroit_TFC
01-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Monster truck show coming to BMO Field. All STH to get $2 off coupon.

sampace
01-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Perhaps Ronaldinho, who is also making a major announcement today about which club he will play with is no coincidence, timed with our announcement, could it be he will be joining the TFC strike force. It is certain he will demand that DeRosario be given DP status to join him up front if this is true! A new MLS Dynamic Duo.

mastermixer
01-06-2011, 12:26 PM
Perhaps Ronaldinho, who is also making a major announcement today about which club he will play with is no coincidence, timed with our announcement, could it be he will be joining the TFC strike force. It is certain he will demand that DeRosario be given DP status to join him up front if this is true! A new MLS Dynamic Duo.

DeRonaldinho! :scarf:

Oldtimer
01-06-2011, 12:28 PM

DeRosario would never agree to that, unless he is making more than Ronaldinho. :D

Yohan
01-06-2011, 12:29 PM
i dunno if i missed this, but will there be an online stream to the presser?

TFCRegina
01-06-2011, 12:30 PM
i dunno if i missed this, but will there be an online stream to the presser?

TFC website I believe.

TFCRegina
01-06-2011, 12:31 PM
^ And yes, there will be Yohan.

dantdot
01-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Monster truck show coming to BMO Field. All STH to get $2 off coupon.

ROBOSAURUS!

Oldtimer
01-06-2011, 12:32 PM
ROBOSAURUS!

BOO-YAH!!!

TFC07
01-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Is this press conference going to be on TV?

Phil
01-06-2011, 12:36 PM
Is this press conference going to be on TV?

Live on GolTV

Oldtimer
01-06-2011, 12:38 PM
also on TFC-TV online.

Live chat & TFC-TV link here:

http://www.torontofc.ca/node/5544

ginkster88
01-06-2011, 12:43 PM
This email reminds me of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ds2tGpUQXc

TFC07
01-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Thanks!

Brooker
01-06-2011, 12:45 PM
are they gonna finally gonna give a microphone to the reporters so we can... oh i dunno... HEAR THE QUESTIONS? :D

rofl!

Nodoubtguy
01-06-2011, 12:49 PM

Tommy Wiseau is a genius!!! Best movie ever!!!

FYI - The Room is playing Jan 21st @ The Royal on College St at 11:30pm

Brooker
01-06-2011, 12:52 PM
I see the chat and the only video i see seems to be GolTV highlights... am I watching the wrong window?

Phil
01-06-2011, 12:53 PM
I see the chat and the only video i see seems to be GolTV highlights... am I watching the wrong window?

having the same issue

Brooker
01-06-2011, 12:54 PM
ahh it says it's gonna be live on GolTV so I think we're okay.

Nodoubtguy
01-06-2011, 12:54 PM
think thats whats on Gol before the conference....

Nodoubtguy
01-06-2011, 01:02 PM
TFC already late.....FAIL!!!

loconet
01-06-2011, 01:03 PM
At least we get la Liga recap :D

edit: Here we go!

Parkdale
01-06-2011, 01:03 PM

we demand a roof for this injustice!

rocker
01-06-2011, 01:04 PM
here it comes

drewski
here we go!

Nodoubtguy
At least we get la Liga recap :D

I saw Bojan, figure the news is were signing him.....hahahahaha

Roogsy
I heart Andi

rocker
i wonder if Klinsy is there

Batman
01-06-2011, 01:05 PM

Winter holding out, making a check signing motion to the press!

Parkdale
01-06-2011, 01:05 PM
ahh... some insightful comments.

mastermixer
01-06-2011, 01:06 PM
I heart Andi

Hands off she's mine! <3

Super Cereal

Seriously, this is weak!

Brooker
just for the reaction I would love it if they unveiled MoJo because he deserves a second chance. it would be hilarious.

Ossington Mental Youth
01-06-2011, 01:07 PM
any special details pls spill, cant watch at this time

Parkdale
fuck me.... "a 5th year expansion team"

Super Cereal
just for the reaction I would love it if they unveiled MoJo because he deserves a second chance. it would be hilarious.

would be funny as hell.

Roogsy
Hands off she's mine! <3

I have already told her my feelings. She told me she'd get back to me on that.

Parkdale
01-06-2011, 01:08 PM
and please stop playing up that we're the first MLS club in Canada. that's getting old.

Brooker
Paul Mariner <3

and please stop playing up that we're the first MLS club in Canada. that's getting old.

I like it. :)

rocker
do you think Luke Wileman gets a lot of girls with that nice english accent?

Roogsy
There is a mic! Boy they really do read these boards. :lol:

Super Cereal
Mic for the reporters sick!

Parkdale
hahaha they ARE mic'ing the questions.

Batman
for those that cant watch, it looks like all those expected are at the table.

Parkdale
01-06-2011, 01:09 PM
There is a mic! Boy they really do read these boards. :lol:

all the time, I'm sure

Roogsy

I think they will stop doing that when Vancouver shows us up and becomes the first Canadian team in the MLS Playoffs.

Shway
how about its not TFC TV but Gol TV

Roogsy
I want Uncle Tom's tie...

Parkdale
01-06-2011, 01:10 PM
I like Tom's tie.

Pyeddo
Seems like Tom wrote down all the buzzwords thrown at him during the town halls for this very moment

Roogsy
all the time, I'm sure

They must REALLY hate me. :lol:

Hi TFC Front Office! :seeya:

Parkdale
hahaha... damnit deroogsy

Yohan
01-06-2011, 01:11 PM
Winter head coach and technical director

Roogsy
WE'RE GOIN DUTCH!

Aron is the TD and Head Coach.

Super Cereal
Winter head coach and technical director!

Batman
Mariner reports to Winter...

Yohan
Mariner director of player development

Roogsy
"MLS Soccer"

Isn't that repetitive? Major League Soccer Soccer?

Parkdale
01-06-2011, 01:12 PM
stick to the script Tom.

Yohan
de klerk first assistant and assistant technical director

Super Cereal
Tom is a funny guy.

Parkdale
ummm..... Promotions all around!?

Suds
how's everyone feeling about how the org is being laid out?

Roogsy
Earl reports to Paul

It's kind of a sideways move. They say it's a promotion but it seems the same as before.

Yohan
Cochrane reports to Mariner
Neely promoted to head of TFC academy

David_Oliveira
01-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Ha made fun of de Klerk's suit

TFCin110
I have a really good feeling about this....

Shway
wow Dascovic has no role lol

Batman
Cochrane PROMOTED but reports to Mariner who reports to Winter.

Haha. "Promoted"

Roogsy
how's everyone feeling about how the org is being laid out?

It's indicative of trying to keep everyone happy. That rarely works but lets hope it does here.

You can't promote "everyone".

Suds
$17M training center .. that's awesome!

trane
Fuck I am disapointed I thought they would announce that DeRoogsy was De Ro's new agent, and that they got a deal done.

TFCRegina
01-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Shit guys, they're putting together a scouting org, an expanded academy and new training grounds. That's basically everything that's been on my list of things to get done.

Roof woulda been nice, but that's not going to improve the performance of our players.

Roogsy
Hey...Aron looks like my long-lost brother!

Roogsy
We need to learn Dutch.

canadian_bhoy
Man. Looks like they got all the ducks lined up. I wish they had done this 5 years ago. But looking to the future I think they've done well to get this right.

Lets hope that it all works out.

TFCin110
Winter: "Toronto is the youngest team in the league"

Parkdale
01-06-2011, 01:15 PM
"I don't have much time to learn all the players"

that's okay,,,, we don't have many

Nodoubtguy
TFC youngest team in the league?? really??

Shway
if it wasnt for Vancouver, none of this wouldve happened

Brooker
paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Roogsy
01-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Boy they really invented a lot of positions to make room for everyone.

trane
Shit guys, they're putting together a scouting org, an expanded academy and new training grounds. That's basically everything that's been on my list of things to get done.

Roof woulda been nice, but that's not going to improve the performance of our players.

FUck I am happy about this. They seem to be finaly understading what they have here, what potential this club has.

Fuck now I got to get seasons back.

Roogsy
"I don't have much time to learn all the players"

that's okay,,,, we don't have many

:lol:

Roogsy
01-06-2011, 01:17 PM
De Klerk is the first to mention supporters.

He's already good in my books. :thumbsup:

Hey...first question is in dutch! Well done!

(Er...not a very sexy language is it?)

Brooker
rofl dutchie!

Batman
hahaha.. first question in dutch

Parkdale
umm....... first question from Goldmember?

Nodoubtguy
Boy they really invented a lot of positions to make room for everyone.

Senior Vice Director of Technical Player Management

trane
Man. Looks like they got all the ducks lined up. I wish they had done this 5 years ago. But looking to the future I think they've done well to get this right.

Lets hope that it all works out.

I am glad you said it. But to give them an excuse, clearly they did not realize the potential when they started, most did not.

ginkster88
wow Dascovic has no role lol

Really though, what role could there be for him at this point?

TFCin110
We need to learn Dutch.

As evidenced by the first question from the press...! lol.

TFC/Everton
Good crew of soccer minds!

Parkdale
01-06-2011, 01:18 PM
why come here? the money !!!! der

Suds
great question, Nigel!

Parkdale
Senior Vice Director of Technical Player Management

Department of redundancy department.

Shway
01-06-2011, 01:19 PM
These new announcements have made me really excited, and anticipating 2011 year for good things to come.!

BeerBaron95
Dobson opening that sewer he calls a mouth once again

Roogsy
My son is due to be born in 4 weeks.

Should "Aron" be thrown up for consideration?

loconet
First question in DUTCH.. .....and the reporters have a mic!! wow, we're moving up :D We are in the big leagues now boys LOL.

I'm already a fan of de Klerk :D

Red CB Toronto
01-06-2011, 01:20 PM
Is the person on the field called a head coach or manager, field boss etc I get confused sometimes, seeing some people referred to one or another.

Suds

I think your wife will be onto you.

trane

I would have thought that Dwayne was already decided?

[joke]

TFC/Everton
01-06-2011, 01:21 PM
3 strikers. I like it

Parkdale

Aron DeRoogsy .... that has a nice ring to it.

:D

Roogsy
Is it wrong that I am excited about Aron talking about 3 strikers and dominating the game?

I have chills.

Screw you Preki.

trane
This is a new beggining.

Red and Orange Patch Boys????

Suds
glad to hear Aron talk about our own style ... because we will not have the level of players to pull off "Ajax's" style

BeerBaron95

Mario is a strong name :D

TFCin110
01-06-2011, 01:22 PM
first DeRo question!

Ageroo
here we go about DeRo...

Parkdale
HAHAHAHA... they cut to Jim B and Danny D for their faces on the DeRo question.

jhahahahaha

Batman

I thought is was already Dwayne! :D

Roogsy
I would have thought that Dwayne was already decided?

[joke]

I don't want him beat up at school. Only DeRo and The Rock can get away with that name.

Nodoubtguy
hahaha....did he just call him Rosario?

loconet
01-06-2011, 01:23 PM
The inevitable DeRo question with Danny and Jimmy in the foreground looking nervously down...with Jimmy adjusting his neck. Gold lol.

Parkdale
01-06-2011, 01:24 PM
I hate questions that just try to validate the MLS.

Red CB Toronto
So what will Jason Bent being doing, I would think that he would still coach the senior academy side but I am not sure.

So is Daso, Danny and Leo on the coaching staff?

Parkdale
SOMEONE!!!!

we need a frame grab (or animated gif) or Jimmy and Danny looking awkward

trane

I don't want him beat up at school. Only DeRo and The Rock can get away with that name.

Hahahaha. True, the other Dwayne I know is Dwayne Wayne ( from that cosby spin off).

Batman

ya...tell us you like us.

Roogsy
Boy, Winter really has a problem with all the flying in MLS!

It is what it is...you will have to get used to it.

TFCRegina
Miscommunications...didn't do the insurance.

Sounds like someone at the club said, "Hell, go to Celtic, we'll take care of it." and then didn't fucking take care of the paperwork.

Only re-affirms what I believe of De Rosario.

Suds
01-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Aron seems to be pretty realistic with the level he's dealing with

trane
01-06-2011, 01:25 PM

Agreed.

Red CB Toronto
01-06-2011, 01:26 PM
what the fuck

Suds
Miscommunications...didn't do the insurance.

Sounds like someone at the club said, "Hell, go to Celtic, we'll take care of it." and then didn't fucking take care of the paperwork.

Only re-affirms what I believe of De Rosario.

can we keep the Dero shit out of this thread ... fuck sakes!!!

Shway
that nooiiiiseee

Parkdale
did audio just get crazy for anyone? or just me?

Batman
sound just went off on goltv

BeerBaron95
mic takin a shit?

Nodoubtguy
so went from the team not knowing to now incomplete insurance papers??

flatpicker
It's aliens I think.
They are jamming the signal in preparation for an invasion.
Seems like the only logical explanation.

Parkdale
HAHAHAHAH........ someone unplugged the 'do not unplg' cable