PDA

View Full Version : TFC & DAYTON DUTCH LIONS Maybe have a partnership.

tfcmanu
01-04-2011, 11:52 AM
Partnership upcoming with Dutch Lions Toronto (*err umm* Toronto F.C.)?

Back in November 2010, when Dayton Dutch Lions President & Owner Mike Mossel first heard that Toronto F.C. wanted to hire his club's left winger Bas Ent, President Mossel stated that the Dutch Lions would "have to get something in return. Either an allocation from TFC or a partnership with TFC, but that the club wouldn't stand in Ent's way."

Basically, Mossel was stating that the Dutch Lions wouldn't ask for something too substantial from Toronto to nix a deal (that benefits the Dutch Lions viability here in the U.S. soccer world as well). As Owner/President Mossel was happy that Ent was gaining MLS interest, as an acquistion by MLS of Ent, other Dutch Lion talents, and Dutch Lion coaches is the best marketing tool for the Dayton Dutch Lions club. As the Dutch Lions connections with arguably the second best supported soccer club in North America (with over 22,000 fans at every TFC game) can cement DDL F.C. as a player in North America and not just another second division club.

Here is the time line:

http://orangelegion1.blogspot.com/2011/01/132011-toronto-fc-is-going-dutch-ajax.html

I also think Daso will be head of scouting someday with TFC.

Yeoman
01-04-2011, 11:57 AM
i don't see why not
chicago fire have a PDL team
i think it would make sense to have players get loaned out to there
not many games yeah, but it'll be good for rehabs, and players not getting much time in the games
i know we've got the reserve league as well, but this can be a place where players like kosec can go to keep their skills sharp.

Macksam
01-04-2011, 08:11 PM
It would make more sense if the partnership was with a Canadian USL Pro or USL PDL team like London.

Yeoman
01-04-2011, 08:35 PM
it would, but well if i have my way, they'll have that with london city
be better to do it with the lynx, being the same town and all.

wzhxvy
01-04-2011, 09:24 PM
This is a non story in my mind. The Dutch Lions are a minor league team with no tangible value that it can provide TFC. TFC should be focused on its Academy...

ag futbol
01-05-2011, 03:44 PM
We need more places young players can play to bridge the gap. A partnership with a PDL team makes sense IMO.

London
01-05-2011, 03:48 PM
dayton moved up to usl pro for 2011

Yohan
01-06-2011, 07:19 PM
apparently TFC is getting a look at Bas Ent and Evan Schwartz from Dayton Lions, according to that blog?

Nuvinho
01-06-2011, 07:40 PM
apparently TFC is getting a look at Bas Ent and Evan Schwartz from Dayton Lions, according to that blog?

supposedly they will at TFC starting January 17th.