PDA

View Full Version : d.c. vs. l.a.

GBV
06-29-2008, 10:19 AM
fyi the game today is on tv live -- on abc.
they're doing a dc/la-spa/ger double header.

ps noon kick-off. soon!

Toronto_Bhoy
06-29-2008, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the heads up GBV!

olegunnar
06-29-2008, 11:07 AM
If DC wins they pass us in the standings

kelzag
06-29-2008, 11:12 AM
HD pic is very nice. Not like the horrible feed from our road games.

ag futbol
06-29-2008, 11:22 AM
^ not good. DC up 1-0. Stadium looks nice today.

werewolf
06-29-2008, 11:28 AM
nice banner saying "this is our house"......

werewolf
06-29-2008, 11:34 AM
they are doing the Forza :rofl:

cuecas_red
06-29-2008, 11:35 AM
I know and they are holding it pretty long too

werewolf
06-29-2008, 11:37 AM
WOW! Lombardo could have finished with that kind of service.

London
06-29-2008, 11:37 AM

what are they saying though?

i cant make it out

i will give it to them, after our perfomance last week, they look pretty good!

werewolf
06-29-2008, 11:41 AM
Edson Buddle....:lol: :rofl: :lol:

ag futbol
06-29-2008, 11:43 AM
Edson Buddle, unbelievable.

You can blame the fact he has good service, but he fought really hard for that goal. Is there anyone more streaky in MLS?

jloome
06-29-2008, 11:43 AM
Fucking goalscoring machine now, 10 in his last 7 games. Pity we didn't keep him at this point -- look what he does when he gets service, and we've got Guevara, Robert and Ricketts this year.

Ah well 20/20 hindsight. He was horseshit when he was here.

MFBODD
06-29-2008, 11:44 AM
He did fight hard, but he had help when the defenders fell on their ass.

London
06-29-2008, 11:52 AM
are you kidding me!!!!

the united supporters are singing a boy george chant!!!!!

olegunnar
06-29-2008, 11:53 AM
DC's capo is doing a good job
Actually got some air time too on ABC

Roogsy
06-29-2008, 12:00 PM
DC is making a huge surge, just like many of us said they would. They are now nipping not only at our own heels but pretty much everyone in the eastern conference that isn't New England.

They WILL make the playoffs.

Where the goofs that were writing them off a few weeks ago?

905shmick
06-29-2008, 12:07 PM
And they're sounding great. Oh how nice it would be to have a single, united "voice" at our games instead of all the separate SGs trying to "control" things.

Roogsy
06-29-2008, 12:09 PM
DC has several different "SG"s as well...some of which don't get along with each other. They deal with the same issues we do, except probably do a better job singing together.

You are forgetting though....

They have a roof.

I am convinced that better acoustics would see better singing at BMO.

FluSH
06-29-2008, 12:10 PM

Yup! I was making my lunch watching the game and said: MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

They are doing the Forza.... and sadly it sounds better than us... although they still don't do it correctly.

FluSH
06-29-2008, 12:11 PM
And they're sounding great. Oh how nice it would be to have a single, united "voice" at our games instead of all the separate SGs trying to "control" things.

lol

Dude they have a FENCE between their SG's.... a FENCE man!!!

FluSH
06-29-2008, 12:15 PM
are you kidding me!!!!

the united supporters are singing a boy george chant!!!!!

This is typical Latin American chant...

dale, dale,
dale, dale,
dale, dale,
ooooooooh
dale, oooooh
dale, oooooh

Go to the 5:00 mark
edJqtIJRD3Q[

Mrs. Workie
06-29-2008, 12:15 PM
I know and they are holding it pretty long too

It's because they don't have casual fans in their supporters section...

BTW- I wouldn't wanna get hit in the nads by a David Beckham cross...if I had nads that is...

905shmick
06-29-2008, 12:16 PM
lol

Dude they have a FENCE between their SG's.... a FENCE man!!!

Really? Sheesh. Am I the only one who finds this extremely retarded? They're all there to support the same team. Looks like everyone needs to grow up!

FluSH
06-29-2008, 12:23 PM
Really? Sheesh. Am I the only one who finds this extremely retarded? They're all there to support the same team. Looks like everyone needs to grow up!

It happens everywhere in the world... you have different views of how to support the team, what matters is game day. That's all.

Roogsy
06-29-2008, 12:23 PM
It's because they don't have casual fans in their supporters section...

BTW- I wouldn't wanna get hit in the nads by a David Beckham cross...if I had nads that is...

Sometimes...I think you do.

BOOYA!

ag futbol
06-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Good for Landycakes picking his nose on national TV.

This one seems to be slowing down with the heat.

TFC07
06-29-2008, 12:29 PM
Good for Landycakes picking his nose on national TV.

This one seems to be slowing down with the heat.

LMAO!

RPLProducer
06-29-2008, 12:36 PM
Holy shit Pires looks a lot like Pachanga from Carlito's Way!!

"You wanna LIVE big time, you gonna DIE big time!"

Mrs. Workie
06-29-2008, 12:41 PM
Sometimes...I think you do.

BOOYA!

Oh I've got balls, just not physically :D

kelzag
06-29-2008, 12:43 PM
Apparently LAG play as badly as we do in DC.

noochie
06-29-2008, 12:44 PM
still over 20 mins left... they can be worse :)

ag futbol
06-29-2008, 12:44 PM
4-1 demolition of the Galaxy who have been playing very well lately.

Maybe not the best team in MLS but DCU is the best "hot weather" team in MLS. It plays right into their style.

Roogsy
06-29-2008, 12:51 PM
I am going to make a bold prediction. Actually, I think I already made it before, but just a reminder.

DC United will win the MLS Cup this year. They have caught the form that was expected at the beginning of the season.

RPLProducer
06-29-2008, 12:58 PM
I am going to make a bold prediction. Actually, I think I already made it before, but just a reminder.

DC United will win the MLS Cup this year. They have caught the form that was expected at the beginning of the season.

Yeah they have a boatload of talented players and as much as i hate to say it that shithead Peralta looks great at the back.

werewolf
06-29-2008, 01:06 PM
Xavier is shite, he has been jogging the entire game

rocker
06-29-2008, 01:07 PM

in MLS I don't think you can make these kinds of predictions based on 1 game against a team with a really bad defense at home.

You're assessing DC while they are in a good stretch.

Everyone slags TFC as not being a contender because TFC can't win on the road. DC is almost as bad on the road.

Personally I don't like it when TFC fans kiss other team's asses, but that's just me ;)

ag futbol
06-29-2008, 01:14 PM
You do realize they've won five of their last six right? Tied the best team in the league in their own stadium (and generally dominated play) and beat Chicago away as well.

Anyways, this looks exactly like last year. Once it gets hot out, they rocket up the standings because their style of play can deal with the heat better. Supporters shield? maybe.

MLS cup? I think it's more likely they'll get knocked off by a more physical team like Chicago or NER once the weather gets colder again. The posession game may not be as effective by the time the playoffs come around.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-29-2008, 03:04 PM
great game...better then the euro final anyways.....NE @ LA next weekend, wsbk in Boston is showing that one...should be a classic.

Roogsy
06-29-2008, 03:06 PM
in MLS I don't think you can make these kinds of predictions based on 1 game against a team with a really bad defense at home.

You're assessing DC while they are in a good stretch.

Everyone slags TFC as not being a contender because TFC can't win on the road. DC is almost as bad on the road.

Personally I don't like it when TFC fans kiss other team's asses, but that's just me ;)

You're just sore because you were one of the ones that wrote off DC after the first few games. LOL!

BBBulldog
06-29-2008, 06:57 PM
DC's capo is doing a good job
Actually got some air time too on ABC

what's Forza song?

Angelo1405
06-29-2008, 07:00 PM
wow, DC fans really DO have the best fans in the mls. singing together like that makes me forget they got several supporter groups. if only the south end was united....they have like 10 ACTUAL tifo's going on, with success on each one. why cant our fans be more creative !!!!! the roof excuse is getting old. there are hundreds of fans getting it done without a roof.

How about trying one meaningless game, and uniting the south end, no supporter groups, nothing, just the 'hardcore' tfc fans having ONE capo up front, and everyone following his chants, etc. for one game, if it doesnt work, go back to having several supporter groups, why not ?

gotta give credit where credit is due, DC got some really nice fans. what i also like is how they got their OWN merchandise, with fellow members and other people buying their clothes, thus creating revenue to make bigger & better tifo's. still waiting for this to happen at BMO.

edmundo
06-29-2008, 10:03 PM

unfortunately bro the way dc is playing means nothing in mls at all, the mls has a weird way of reapeating itself year after year, dc starts of badly, then goes on to best record in league .... then flames in playoffs, new england goes to the finals every year.... just to choke when they get there every year, steve nichols coaches all-stars every year, league bends rules to help the galaxy every year etc........

Roogsy
06-30-2008, 12:06 AM
Not every year Edmundo...they are after all the most winningest team in the MLS with the most MLS Cups than any other team.

cuecas_red
06-30-2008, 06:46 AM
wow, DC fans really DO have the best fans in the mls. singing together like that makes me forget they got several supporter groups. if only the south end was united....they have like 10 ACTUAL tifo's going on, with success on each one. why cant our fans be more creative !!!!! the roof excuse is getting old. there are hundreds of fans getting it done without a roof.

How about trying one meaningless game, and uniting the south end, no supporter groups, nothing, just the 'hardcore' tfc fans having ONE capo up front, and everyone following his chants, etc. for one game, if it doesnt work, go back to having several supporter groups, why not ?

gotta give credit where credit is due, DC got some really nice fans. what i also like is how they got their OWN merchandise, with fellow members and other people buying their clothes, thus creating revenue to make bigger & better tifo's. still waiting for this to happen at BMO.
I think another advantage they have is the support groups control the ticket sales in the supporter sections, so they are more likely to get people that are there to sing and chant all game.

BBBulldog
06-30-2008, 12:14 PM
hehe looks like we upset someone :D (that's after their goal)

http://www.bastaic.com/ultras/la4/beckham_after_goal.jpg

BBBulldog
07-03-2008, 08:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igCFodjqQZY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQireNrC6G8

EdTheRed
07-03-2008, 10:01 AM
igCFodjqQZY
dQireNrC6G8

Embedded yer clips. :)