PDA

View Full Version : Dwayne's World....

tfcmanu
12-29-2010, 01:29 PM
"DWAYNE DE ROSARIO dodged a bullet the day he left his gang-ridden hometown for the last time."

"DeRo insists he isn't kidding when he describes how deprived his hometown is - and reckons the infamous South Central LA is paradise in comparison. "

READ:

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3321720/Dwaynes-world.html

Parkdale
12-29-2010, 01:35 PM
oh fun!

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3321850/Dwayne-storm.html

DWAYNE STORM

RAGING Toronto chiefs have blasted Celtic and Dwayne De Rosario for trying to fix up a move behind their backs.

The wantaway Canada ace started a week-long stint with the Hoops yesterday.
DeRo - who would likely cost Celtic more than £1million - harbours hopes of landing a loan switch until the MLS season starts again in March.
But officials at Toronto claimed that they knew nothing about it.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3321850/Dwayne-storm.html#ixzz19WksCjAy

Pookie
12-29-2010, 01:40 PM
won't this be fun if they don't want to pay the money...

Juanito
12-29-2010, 01:43 PM
Sounds like De Rosario and the agent knew exactly what they were doing. TFC may and should just sell him if he does well with Celtic. Loan him out, and if they want to keep him, sell him. De Rosario is happy because he gets paid the $1 million salary he thinks he deserves and we get rid of our whiny captain, which in the long-run, is hindering us more than helping us. Win-win for everyone!

Pookie
12-29-2010, 01:49 PM
The $1M tag isn't necessarily the salary for DeRo. I'm not clear if there would be a transfer fee in there as well as commission for the agent. It could also be the total deal stretched over 2-3 years.

Juanito
12-29-2010, 02:01 PM
^^

To be honest, I don't know HOW much he wants .... and I really don't care any more. The relationship is beyond repairable with Camp DeRo and MLSE .... it's time to cut our losses and move on.

Fort York Redcoat
12-29-2010, 02:10 PM
^^

To be honest, I don't know HOW much he wants .... and I really don't care any more. The relationship is beyond repairable with Camp DeRo and MLSE .... it's time to cut our losses and move on.

We've been cutting losses at a good rate already and I can't wait to hear about more moving on. :(

Oblio2
12-29-2010, 02:11 PM
The $1m is the transfer fee of his "rights"...he then gets to negotiate his salary. My guess....a pro rated salary of about 20k a week...which equals about a million (pounds) so a little higher than 1.5 million dollars equiv.

Beach_Red
12-29-2010, 02:11 PM
^^

Why does it always have to be our losses? How come everytime something like this happens it's TFC that has losses to cut. They had one of the top players in the league who wanted out and they couldn't even manage to get a fair price for him.

At this point getting Julius James back for DeRo would look good.

scooter
12-29-2010, 02:47 PM
We've been cutting losses at a good rate already and I can't wait to hear about more moving on. :(

i agree but he cannot come back as captain after this stunt to end all stunts and since he wants too let him go he has never been a team player and doesnt deserve to wear red again

Carts
12-29-2010, 02:52 PM
Yeah all this "cutting our losses" are simply going to mean "adding more losses" on the pitch...

This team is such a soap opera the following question, which was once a joke, is becoming more a reality...

That question: What happens first, TFC win the MLS Cup, or the Maple Leafs win a Stanley Cup...?

*sigh* because we all know the Leafs aren't winning the Cup anytime soon... :(

Carts...

Section 117
12-29-2010, 02:54 PM
Sometimes the hardest cut is the person who is your best player.

Players are replaceable it just a matter of getting the right ones... IMO this needs to be done as Dero's rep and relationship with TFC is almost as stellar as our record has been over the past 4 years

Pookie
12-29-2010, 03:00 PM
One potential side benefit to all of this could be that Anselmi is a very competitive individual.

It is one thing to get beaten by other teams. This thing with DeRo is personal.

I hope that is the motivation to use any allocation money towards stacking a roster full of talent above the cap and that the MLS Cup is hoisted as a big middle finger by TFC FO in DeRo's direction.

I've got to lay off the Christmas Baileys.

Parkdale
12-29-2010, 03:00 PM
Sometimes the hardest cut is the person who is your best player.

Players are replaceable it just a matter of getting the right ones... IMO this needs to be done as Dero's rep and relationship with TFC is almost as stellar as our record has been over the past 4 years

that's the thing that gets me....

we often hear 'Dero is replaceable' but I have very little faith that anyone in the TFC FO can be trusted to find a replacement for him. Sure there are players out there who can do the job, BUT can our management woo them, sign them, get them to play to their potential AND keep them here? Otherwise well get another Laurent Robet - one brilliant game, and then nothing.

TFC/Everton
12-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Well, now Dero controls his own destiny. If he plays well and impresses while at Celtic, they will pay a transfer fee, if not, he comes home with his tail between his legs. But then what? We wont make him a DP now, MLSE is a corporation, they wont be strong armed, what kind of message will that send to the other players? Don Garber wont let TFC be backed into a corner.......I dont know boys. I feel kinda sick about this one.

Who bloody knows how this plays out..........

Beach_Red
12-29-2010, 03:02 PM
One potential side benefit to all of this could be that Anselmi is a very competitive individual.

It is one thing to get beaten by other teams. This thing with DeRo is personal.

I hope that is the motivation to use any allocation money towards stacking a roster full of talent above the cap and that the MLS Cup is hoisted as a big middle finger by TFC FO in DeRo's direction.

I've got to lay off the Christmas Baileys.

Yeah, really, whatever you do, don't drive ;).

As if this whole thing wasn't bad enough, the news today that they're now going to rush out some announcement takes it way past farce.

Parkdale
12-29-2010, 03:03 PM
one thing I would bet on though....

DeRo is going to be putting on one hell of a show over in Scotland.
He can step up when the pressure is on, and all of this has certainly put the pressure on.

Phil
12-29-2010, 03:07 PM

He can step up when the pressure is on, and all of this has certainly put the pressure on.

Thing is, Dero will have to play into a system, instead of the team playing around him.

It could be a sucess or a flop.

Parkdale
12-29-2010, 03:10 PM
for trials (or 'auditions' or whatever this is being called now) you don't expect the players to fit perfectly into the system. You see if they have a skillset that can compliment the system, and then fit them in later.

One week isn't enough time to get someone fully integrated, but it's a good judge of potential.

Section 117
12-29-2010, 03:10 PM

we often hear 'Dero is replaceable' but I have very little faith that anyone in the TFC FO can be trusted to find a replacement for him. Sure there are players out there who can do the job, BUT can our management woo them, sign them, get them to play to their potential AND keep them here? Otherwise well get another Laurent Robet - one brilliant game, and then nothing.

Actually I disagree there is at least one person within the FO who has the connections. They just need to remove the interm tag and you will see. There is a lot of movement that has been done since the season the problem is they can't or won't make any moves until they are tolsd you are the guys or we are going with ....

Phil
12-29-2010, 03:12 PM
for trials (or 'auditions' or whatever this is being called now) you don't expect the players to fit perfectly into the system. You see if they have a skillset that can compliment the system, and then fit them in later.

One week isn't enough time to get someone fully integrated, but it's a good judge of potential.

ya, that is pretty elementary.

I am talking much bigger picture.

prizby
12-29-2010, 03:22 PM
didn't dero just say he never said this

CoachGT
12-29-2010, 03:26 PM

No matter what, we saw that Mo was able to bring a lot of players in for trials, although few of them ever signed with us. Now Mo is gone. He was the man who created a lot of the mess in the front office that we still see today. So now someone else is there trying to fix things. Probably won't happen overnight.

We still have other pieces in place - connections and scouting that work. After all, do you think it was Mo alone who made the draft selections that worked out, or might there have been someone (Tim Regan and others) who played a part in it? Or that Mo alone brought in players? I suspect that more than a few agents (or maybe just one agency) were in contact with players seeking a trial since 2007, and that will continue.

I'd rather take my chances that the existing group will perform better than what we've seen over the past four years. Improve if and when better is available. If Earl, Daso and gang are being tarred with the same brush as Mo without giving them a chance, then my guess is that nobody who ever takes the jobs will be satisfactory to anyone on this board, regardless of their knowledge, experience or potential.

The De Ro situation can't be entirely blamed on Earl, and maybe not at all, but the captain of the team should have his head screwed on a little straighter than what we've seen over the past couple of days.

J .
12-29-2010, 03:27 PM

I disagree, DeRo has disappointed in crucial situations for both the CMNT and TFC.

Auzzy
12-29-2010, 03:28 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about DeRo's (supposed) comments about Scarborough, South Central LA, etc. We already have a couple of threads about the DeRo train/trial/trade schmozzle, GM/Coach/Coch rumours, etc. Do we need another thread about all that?

CoachGT
12-29-2010, 03:32 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about DeRo's (supposed) comments about Scarborough, South Central LA, etc. We already have a couple of threads about the DeRo train/trial/trade schmozzle, GM/Coach/Coch rumours, etc. Do we need another thread about all that?

Fair comment, but the two are very heavily intertwined.

shwade
12-29-2010, 03:38 PM
the Scarborough talk was a bit dramatic imo

tfcmanu
12-29-2010, 03:56 PM
the Scarborough talk was a bit dramatic imo

This thread was supposed to be about his comments on Scarbourough!

CoachGT
12-29-2010, 04:09 PM
This thread was supposed to be about his comments on Scarbourough!

Which, according to a new story in the Star, he says he never made.

Auzzy
12-29-2010, 04:18 PM

Here's that updated article from the Star: http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/mls/torontofc/dwaynederosario/article/913139--tfc-s-de-rosario-just-training-with-celtic-says-agent?bn=1

“LOL, never would say that!” De Rosario emailed the Star. “Haven't spoken to anyone!”

Very interesting. So the Scottish Sun completely makes up a story with false quotes from a player (as yet) unknown in Scotland? Why? It's all pretty strange, I think.

Parkdale
12-29-2010, 04:21 PM
I'm glad that he said LOL in an email, and not in a phone interview.

L-O-L BUMP

Keyman
12-29-2010, 05:16 PM
what the fuck is going on!!!???

nobody knows anything! i read one thing, then another, which contradicts the first thing, then i want to be mad at one person, then maybe another, then everything looks like its in shambles, but no one has any proof that anything is in shambles...i want some facts!

ugh.

Chevy
12-29-2010, 05:52 PM
what the fuck is going on!!!???

nobody knows anything! i read one thing, then another, which contradicts the first thing, then i want to be mad at one person, then maybe another, then everything looks like its in shambles, but no one has any proof that anything is in shambles...i want some facts!

ugh.

The truth is in your post.

Mark in Ottawa
12-29-2010, 06:19 PM
The truth is in your post.
And that's a wrap as far as this circus act goes :facepalm:

Now... on to the next soap opera episode with/about TFC.

Oldtimer
12-29-2010, 06:54 PM
At this point getting Julius James back for DeRo would look good.

You've made some extreme statements in your "sky is falling" world, but c'mon, this one is just plain silly.

Beach_Red
12-29-2010, 07:04 PM
You've made some extreme statements in your "sky is falling" world, but c'mon, this one is just plain silly.

Well, it was a joke.

Batman
12-29-2010, 07:07 PM
Here's that updated article from the Star: http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/mls/torontofc/dwaynederosario/article/913139--tfc-s-de-rosario-just-training-with-celtic-says-agent?bn=1

Very interesting. So the Scottish Sun completely makes up a story with false quotes from a player (as yet) unknown in Scotland? Why? It's all pretty strange, I think.

He seems to be very good at misunderstandings, doesnt he.

wzhxvy
12-29-2010, 08:11 PM
He seems to be very good at misunderstandings, doesnt he.

Exactly, poor Dero is just misunderstood by so many. Maybe he should also learn that BS he flings in Scotland comes back here.

TFC Bhoy
12-29-2010, 08:50 PM

If you know the Scottish Sun at all then you wouldn't be surprised. Not necessarily known for its great reporting. Although I still would put it over the daily record, but ya, not a great paper

Cashcleaner
12-29-2010, 09:01 PM
If DeRo thought parts of Scarborough were bad, wait until he gets settled in at Glasgow.

http://edinburghnapiernews.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/barrowfield2.jpg

http://www.glaswegian.info/images/Ferguslie-Park-Glasgow.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__Ju9UclAo0E/TNB-4OhHSYI/AAAAAAAAIe0/0WWHDiYdAd0/s400/Glasgow+street+08.JPG

Yeah....I've been to Glasgow once. That was enough for me. :D

loconet
12-29-2010, 09:30 PM

Yah, from his fb:

I look to uplift and do good for Scarborough hence my power training, De Ro Futbol Clinic, Inschool programs I have set up. I haven't spoken to one reporter but this is the world we live in were one article can make or break a person's career and not the truth. This is nonsense...

It's all a mystery with this guy lately.. http://bit.ly/hf2GHI

Auzzy
12-29-2010, 09:35 PM
If you know the Scottish Sun at all then you wouldn't be surprised. Not necessarily known for its great reporting. Although I still would put it over the daily record, but ya, not a great paper

I've heard it's a pretty bad paper, so I'm keeping an open mind. But to write a made-up story about a barely-known player from Canada? What's the point? I dunno, the whole thing is just really weird.

Wull
12-29-2010, 10:09 PM
If DeRo thought parts of Scarborough were bad, wait until he gets settled in at Glasgow.

http://edinburghnapiernews.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/barrowfield2.jpg

http://www.glaswegian.info/images/Ferguslie-Park-Glasgow.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__Ju9UclAo0E/TNB-4OhHSYI/AAAAAAAAIe0/0WWHDiYdAd0/s400/Glasgow+street+08.JPG

Yeah....I've been to Glasgow once. That was enough for me. :D

I'm going to use this the next time someone asks me why I left. That middle one looks like the place I grew up in :picard:

Wull
12-29-2010, 10:13 PM
I've heard it's a pretty bad paper, so I'm keeping an open mind. But to write a made-up story about a barely-known player from Canada? What's the point? I dunno, the whole thing is just really weird.

This is the British press that once reported that they overheard an American delegate refer to the French as "cheese eatin' surrender monkeys". Oddly enough, I had heard Groundskeeper Willie us that the night before on The Simpsons and predicted the press would use it as france were being france about something or other at the time

Super Cereal
12-30-2010, 02:30 AM

DeRo led us to 0 playoff births. I agree he will be difficult to replace, but let's be realistic.

Technorgasm
12-30-2010, 08:50 AM
Ths is a capped league. .
Id rather see soem sort fo QUALITY on teh pitch , then more MLSE pocket lining.
dont care where he WANTS to be, I want him here.

he is the besta player we have, lets not forget that amidts our hurt and juvenille feelings.

seriously, we should all want him, or anyone that can get results and stop fucking whining about this and that.

he wins games. he scores goals. . who cares what he thinks or wants?

greatwhitenorf
12-30-2010, 05:29 PM
Maybe the Scottish gutter press will start referring to his wife Brandy as Bran of Green Gorbals.

menefreghista
12-30-2010, 06:01 PM
DeRo led us to 0 playoff births. I agree he will be difficult to replace, but let's be realistic.

De Rosario was a winner before he got here. I blame the lack of playoffs on shit management. Not that one guy trying his hardest to carry this shit team on his back.

Brooker
12-30-2010, 06:05 PM
they stressed it's not a trial, they just want to have a look at him.

that. is. awesome. :yum:

Inklink
01-01-2011, 02:06 AM

Maybe all the "Suns" are good bird cage material?

I do agree though, it's a lot of crap to make up.

Given the recent happenings, I won't put it past DeRosario.