PDA

View Full Version : Marco Materazzi Linked to TFC

BASE
12-29-2010, 08:13 AM
http://www.calciomercatonews.com/ultime-notizie/2010/12/29/calciomercato-inter-materazzi-verso-gli-states/

denime
12-29-2010, 08:19 AM
and to New England Revolution and Los Angeles Galaxy

CretanBull
12-29-2010, 08:27 AM
I can't see him playing with the level of officiating that the MLS has...he'd be a walking red card waiting to happen.

TFC/Everton
12-29-2010, 08:34 AM
Would be a nice pick up. He would play well with Julian and Santos.

[NBF]
12-29-2010, 08:40 AM
I believe I was calling for Marco Materazzi, Roberto Ayala, Ivan Cordoba, or Samii Hyppia during the 2nd season. All of them as DP's and everyone said "no way" to a defender as a DP.:facepalm:

razor787
12-29-2010, 08:43 AM
I'm still saying 'no way'. Until we get a dp striker, we shouldn't look at a dp defender.

Macksam
12-29-2010, 08:56 AM
Ayala was a beast back in the day. I bet he still is today.

Ossington Mental Youth
12-29-2010, 08:57 AM
yeah we've got cbs covered

Menelaos
12-29-2010, 09:08 AM
That would be a wast of a DP.

Parkdale
12-29-2010, 09:10 AM
so the article says 'MLS' and then names 3 of the biggest teams as background for the story.

file this one under 'rumour'

s2cazz
12-29-2010, 09:56 AM
TUTTI PAZZI PER MATERAZZI!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs230.snc4/38832_10150233236020545_624165544_13706790_4053096 _n.jpg

Wull
12-29-2010, 10:51 AM
Would be a nice pick up. He would play well with Julian and Santos.

Do we have a Julian I don't know about that's played well?!

On a side note, it'd be nice to get an ex blue instead of all the former gobshytes we get linked with!

Roogsy
12-29-2010, 11:52 AM
I'm still saying 'no way'. Until we get a dp striker, we shouldn't look at a dp defender.

QFFT!

s2cazz
12-29-2010, 12:21 PM
I'd love to see a Materazzi hat trick at BMO. 2 goals ( both from corners) and a red card.

Razcle
12-29-2010, 12:24 PM

+1

Also, how likely is it that he would recieve anywhere close to the money he gets in Italy? Given his play of late which has not been world class, and his lack of star name power that put bums in seats, its hard to see the upside to this. (Unless he was at like 300K)

Edit: Except for S2Cazz who would love to see the MM Hat trick

s2cazz
12-29-2010, 12:31 PM
+1

Also, how likely is it that he would recieve anywhere close to the money he gets in Italy? Given his play of late which has not been world class, and his lack of star name power that put bums in seats, its hard to see the upside to this. (Unless he was at like 300K)

There isn't an Italian alive who doesn't remember his goal (or foul) on July 9th 2006.

He'd put a lot of Italian culo's in the seats.

Razcle
12-29-2010, 12:36 PM
There isn't an Italian alive who doesn't remember his goal (or foul) on July 9th 2006.

He'd put a lot of Italian culo's in the seats.

If you think so.....I stand corrected,

I don't doubt people know his name, it's just his play as of late has not been inspiring. We'll see if this amalgamates into something.

s2cazz
12-29-2010, 01:05 PM
If you think so.....I stand corrected,

I don't doubt people know his name, it's just his play as of late has not been inspiring. We'll see if this amalgamates into something.
It probably will because from a technical stand point it does make no sense. Kinda like when they got JDG. So it wouldn't surprise me. His play hasn't been that off, he's been out alot on injury and didn't get a lot of playing time the last 3 seasons on Inter though.

Besides all the brit fans are getting pissed off and attendance is down. Time for MLSE to target another ethnicity and follow the same model for "success" if they get Materazzi it will be the Italian cycle, then who's next? Possibly the portuguese... Think TFC can coax Figo out of retirement lol.

edit: for the record I am soooo for this move... but for all the wrong reasons.

s2cazz
12-29-2010, 02:15 PM
Update: According to my cousin in Italy (rabid Inter supporter) there has been a lot of talk lately surrounding this rumour in the italian press. However, the press is making it sound as if Toronto FC is the dominant of the three.

Nuvinho
12-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Marco would kill someone in MLS...he is that badass. I am all for seeing him in MLS :)

Yohan
12-29-2010, 02:19 PM
Materazzi 37 yr old

one more year out of him and he retires. oh great

Section 117
12-29-2010, 03:38 PM
I don't want any interista's on my team....

Plus dude is old and looking for one pay, tell him to go to Dubai more cash and weather is a lot nicer

Yohan
12-29-2010, 03:41 PM
I don't want any interista's on my team....

Plus dude is old and looking for one pay, tell him to go to Dubai more cash and weather is a lot nicer
no its not. desert plus ocean equals a lot of humid heat. it's like getting choked every time you step outside

trane
12-29-2010, 04:03 PM
It would be fun to see him play here. But I would not count on it, and I do not think that it is the wise move. But again I would be all for it, simply because he It a fucker and he is Italian. Every Italian or person of Italian decent knows who he is.

BUT again I do not believe it.

Parkdale
12-29-2010, 04:05 PM
It would be fun to see him play here. But I would not count on it, and I do not think that it is the wise move. But again I would be all for it, simply because he It a fucker and he is Italian. Every Italian or person of Italian decent knows who he is.

I'd expect to see Buffon in net at Real Salt Lake before I'd expect to see Materazzi here

grizzle
12-29-2010, 04:20 PM
I really hope they don't sign him

rocktml
12-29-2010, 04:34 PM
I would burn my TFC jersey if we signed him.

s2cazz
12-29-2010, 04:57 PM

I don't believe it. But I WANT it bad...

He is a thug

69Chevy396
12-29-2010, 05:06 PM
M is one of the biggest assholes to ever play in Serie A. He has been despised, derided, ignored, disdained by so many opponents and team mates alike. There is an interesting youtube video of him breaking legs, punching players in the back of the head, and much more. What he did to Zidane says it all about his personality and class. I am Italian and I say fuck Materazzi. I don't want to see him here, he is an asshole.

Chevy
12-29-2010, 05:56 PM
M is one of the biggest assholes to ever play in Serie A. He has been despised, derided, ignored, disdained by so many opponents and team mates alike. There is an interesting youtube video of him breaking legs, punching players in the back of the head, and much more. What he did to Zidane says it all about his personality and class. I am Italian and I say fuck Materazzi. I don't want to see him here, he is an asshole.

Ahhh....he gave Zidane a little stick and the guy snapped. IN A WORLD CUP FINAL.

That said, Marco's not needed here.

Wull
12-29-2010, 06:29 PM

zidane had almost as many red cards as roy keane in his career, he's an arrogant thug that just happened to be able to play football. Materazzi should never have taken a two game ban for that. There'd hardly be any players available for selection if everyone guilty of winding up an opponent got suspended

sully
12-29-2010, 06:41 PM
No way.

Pachuco
12-29-2010, 09:48 PM
Fuck me. We have what I think can be one of the best CB tandems in the MLS with CANANA. Two guys who by next year will know the league well and I really think will excel even more then they did this year.

But now, we go looking for a useless DP to come in and demand playing time above these two guys. An old fuck who would come in on a high horse just so we can appeal to little Italy in Toronto. That's the only way this move makes sense.

It's a terrible move if it happens. The last thing we need to sign right now is a CB, let alone a DP one.

ArmenJBX
12-29-2010, 09:51 PM
Materazzi at left-back maybe?

Yohan
12-29-2010, 09:55 PM
Fuck me. We have what I think can be one of the best CB tandems in the MLS with CANANA. Two guys who by next year will know the league well and I really think will excel even more then they did this year.

But now, we go looking for a useless DP to come in and demand playing time above these two guys. An old fuck who would come in on a high horse just so we can appeal to little Italy in Toronto. That's the only way this move makes sense.

It's a terrible move if it happens. The last thing we need to sign right now is a CB, let alone a DP one.
we still don't know contract situation with both Cann and Nana...

ag futbol
12-29-2010, 10:20 PM
Here's the video of his "work" (and i've actually seen worse from him)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-WFJPcpVjg

No thanks. This guy is a disgrace to the game, keep him out of here.

Super Cereal
12-30-2010, 02:43 AM
I'd fucking love Materazzi here. Love the way he plays.

FluSH
12-30-2010, 07:40 AM
+1

This team needs a high profile Italian player to revive the city's interest. Materazzi would be that player.

Cashcleaner
12-30-2010, 08:06 AM

I agree. People want to talk about DeRo having no class? Look at Materazzi! Like ag futbol said, the guy is a disgrace to the sport and I don't want him wearing our badge. Period.

FluSH
12-30-2010, 08:14 AM
I agree. People want to talk about DeRo having no class? Look at Materazzi! Like ag futbol said, the guy is a disgrace to the sport and I don't want him wearing our badge. Period.

Beign an asshole is one thing... betraying your own and flipping your own club (and ultimately it's fans) the bird is another.

Guevara came to TFC with a reputation as well... he left with my respect.

Oblio2
12-30-2010, 08:16 AM
I'd take Matterazzi.....If he were a Leaf player, people would love him.

s2cazz
12-30-2010, 08:49 AM
Ahhh yes because what happened with Zidane was completely 100% Matrix's fault...

s2cazz
12-30-2010, 08:52 AM
Beign an asshole is one thing... betraying your own and flipping your own club (and ultimately it's fans) the bird is another.

There is no doubt on Materazzi's loyalty to his badge... That is one thing you can say about him. Thats why I doubt this will happen, I see him taking the same route as Figo. Retire from football but not from Inter.

Cashcleaner
12-30-2010, 08:53 AM

C'mon, Flush. Don't change definitions to suit yourself. You didn't like DeRo's attitude with Toronto? You think he was selfish and demanding? Well I got news for you, Matterazzi would be even worse!

No thanks. His skills would be a great asset (like DeRo's were), but there is too much baggage with him (also like DeRo).

Ossington Mental Youth
12-30-2010, 09:08 AM
This team needs a high profile Italian player to revive the city's interest. Materazzi would be that player.

We just sold out all of our seasons tickets, even if we 'revived' interest, itd only be amongst inter fans no? AC fans would still dismiss it and id be that a majority of italian fans would still say its a retirement league.

No thanks
Also i just dont like catering to specific groups with the potential of screwing TFC

Section 117
12-30-2010, 09:16 AM
I would have taken him at 32 - 33 even though he is an dirty interista.

He is loyal to his club, would fight tooth and nail for the club he plays for. He would be a red card waiting to happen on reputation alone. Chalk this one up to his agents angling to get a deal if not in North America some where.

Part of the should be payoff for having a DP is jersey sales. I would love to know how many JDG or Mista jersies were sold. I would guess not a hell of a lot. So even if the player doesn't have a significant impact on the field at least the squad could recoup with jersies sales. Unfortunately, TFC got neither with the two DPs we have had.

Menelaos
12-30-2010, 09:19 AM
So we should get him because that 'might' bring out more Italian-Canadians out to watch TFC? Fuck that, what happens when he leaves? We 'hope' they love the team by then? If they didn't haven't care by now, they won't ever trully care.

We don't need his help in that position, he's an idiot of a person with a huge potential to screw up, he won't be scoring any goals...

DP should be used up front period.

v00d00daddy
12-30-2010, 11:00 AM
No thanks
Also i just dont like catering to specific groups with the potential of screwing TFC

Too late. That's already happened. lol

But that's a theory for another thread, another time, after many drinks.

As for Matrix....I hate him as an AC Milan supporter but I'd take him if we needed him but, as many have already mentioned, our CB's are one area that shouldn't be at the top of our priorities list.

trane
12-30-2010, 11:37 AM
^ Yeah, instead lets do everything possible to ostrecise the largest potential group of supporters in Toronto.

Yes, Italians are the largest single potential group of supporters in Toronto, if one counts people who came here from Italy and their children there are at least one million people of Italian decent in the GTA. But fuck them.

Anyway I do not care about bringing in Materazzi, because I do not think that one defender, not even one in his prime can address the teams defencive deficiencies, which were not the greatest problem last year anyway. But the reaction on these boards to anything Italian, is annoying.

InDa_110
12-30-2010, 11:39 AM
He can't be worse than Garcia................can he?

Some skill, little side show, name recognition, a little toughness....for 300K or less........we can't get much worse

Parkdale
12-30-2010, 11:39 AM
So we should get him because that 'might' bring out more Italian-Canadians out to watch TFC? Fuck that, what happens when he leaves? We 'hope' they love the team by then? If they didn't haven't care by now, they won't ever trully care.

If someone is coming out just to see their heroes, then good for them, BUT I can't see that transfer into a love of TFC.

Look at how many people came out to see beckham and ronaldo but never came back.

Parkdale
12-30-2010, 11:40 AM
He can't be worse than Garcia................can he?

Some skill, little side show, name recognition, a little toughness....for 300K or less........we can't get much worse

we wouldn't get him for that cash. Not a chance in hell

trane
12-30-2010, 11:53 AM
^ We will not get him no matter what, if they do get him ( as much as it will be interesting to me, and I would be all for an Italian player to come in) it would be another of those short sighted FO moves. If he was 33 I may feel different as he would raise our defensive game up a notch. Maybe play three at the back nana-Marco-Cann. But still a CB is not a good DP signing.

No way it happens. That would be like Benitez getting fired from Liverpool and getting to manage the CL Champions.

InDa_110
12-30-2010, 11:54 AM
BTW: With regards to Italians or more correctly the chidren of italians, BMO is already significantly represented with us at each game.

I do believe that it would indeed spark an interest in many new potential fans. If you get new people interested and leave the customer retention up to TFC in that they hopefully have a good year, why not.

trane
12-30-2010, 12:00 PM
^ As an Italian I can tell you that the interest in the team is not nearly what it could be. Sure I love football, and I am still young enough to get interested in a local team, but other then the fact that it is a local team that plays football, there is very little of the team that speaks to me as someone that grew up in the Italian football tradition.

I still believe that if you created a team in those traditions you could fill a second stadium in the GTA.

But that is another discusssion.

s2cazz
12-30-2010, 12:14 PM
^ Yeah, instead lets do everything possible to ostrecise the largest potential group of supporters in Toronto.

Yes, Italians are the largest single potential group of supporters in Toronto, if one counts people who came here from Italy and their children there are at least one million people of Italian decent in the GTA. But fuck them.

Anyway I do not care about bringing in Materazzi, because I do not think that one defender, not even one in his prime can address the teams defencive deficiencies, which were not the greatest problem last year anyway. But the reaction on these boards to anything Italian, is annoying.

Agreed, I don't think having Materazzi here will do anything for the team strategically. However, HE IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE ITALIAN PLAYERS OF ALL TIME. His heart, Loyalty and Ability are amazing. I would be like a 12y old girl at a backstreet boys concert if he came to play at TFC.

The hate for him by Non-Italians just make me love him more. I love how he gets the blame for the Zidane incident (apparently trash talk in sports is non-existant).

As an Italian-Canadian I say it's my turn....

For the record... Dichio is Italian.

Super Cereal
12-30-2010, 12:15 PM
Well I got news for you, Matterazzi would be even worse!

No he wouldn't. I don't think I could picture Materazzi doing a cheque signing celebration, or trialing with another team sans permission.

Menelaos
12-30-2010, 12:16 PM
If someone is coming out just to see their heroes, then good for them, BUT I can't see that transfer into a love of TFC.

Look at how many people came out to see beckham and ronaldo but never came back.

Exactly my point.

Look, my son is 1/2 Italian, so I am VERY familiar with that community. This isn't a knock on them.

This is a knock against bringing in a player that is a known distraction (because we don't have enough already right?), for a position that is already solid for us, using a DP spot and money so we can potentially bring in a group to become fans???

That would be stupid.

s2cazz
12-30-2010, 12:17 PM
^ We will not get him no matter what, if they do get him ( as much as it will be interesting to me, and I would be all for an Italian player to come in) it would be another of those short sighted FO moves. If he was 33 I may feel different as he would raise our defensive game up a notch. Maybe play three at the back nana-Marco-Cann. But still a CB is not a good DP signing.

No way it happens. That would be like Benitez getting fired from Liverpool and getting to manage the CL Champions.
But it fits the front office's attendance plan LOL

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=264&pictureid=2628

Parkdale
12-30-2010, 12:21 PM
wow.... that's a fun graph

trane
12-30-2010, 12:22 PM
^ ahahahahahha. Now that is something that MLSE woudl do, and I am against. I want a better team on the pitch, stars or no stars. Italian or not.

I never mentioned Dichio because, we will get into is he English or Italian arguemnnt. Which is best avoided.

Pinkie
12-30-2010, 04:37 PM
i hope that is merely a rumour spurred by little italian fan boys as i never want to see this shit in a tfc kit.

BeerBaron95
12-30-2010, 04:49 PM
i hope that is merely a rumour spurred by little italian fan boys as i never want to see this shit in a tfc kit.

^^ Don't hate missy!! lol

Seriously though, he's not a good fit here.. too much $$$, dont need to waste a DP spot on another defensive player and as stated, hes a distraction to the highest degree.

Besides, there are other players from italy that can appease the italian fan boys... DEL PIERO to TFC!!! lol.. would buy 10 kits with his name on it just cause!

trane
12-30-2010, 04:51 PM
But it fits the front office's attendance plan LOL

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=264&pictureid=2628

My issue with the graph is that there is no reason to believe that we will be above the average level of play in the MLS by 2019.

trane
12-30-2010, 04:53 PM
^^ Don't hate missy!! lol

Seriously though, he's not a good fit here.. too much $$$, dont need to waste a DP spot on another defensive player and as stated, hes a distraction to the highest degree.

Besides, there are other players from italy that can appease the italian fan boys... DEL PIERO to TFC!!! lol.. would buy 10 kits with his name on it just cause!

Del Piero is also cooked. A player between 30-33 who is declining but not done, can help. I think Del Peiro is done.

BeerBaron95
12-30-2010, 04:55 PM
Del Piero is also cooked. A player between 30-33 who is declining but not done, can help. I think Del Peiro is done.

oh i know... but i can still dream lol

trane
12-30-2010, 05:03 PM
I mean he would add something to this squad, but it would be limitted.

J .
12-30-2010, 05:06 PM
lol Del Piero would tear up MLS. hahaha.

BASE
12-30-2010, 05:27 PM
lol Del Piero would tear up MLS. hahaha.

Just like Beckham, Henry, Donadoni, and Lothar Mataues and other Euro's have torn up MLS over the years.

Oh wait a minute they didn't did they????

BASE
12-30-2010, 05:40 PM
^ As an Italian I can tell you that the interest in the team is not nearly what it could be. Sure I love football, and I am still young enough to get interested in a local team, but other then the fact that it is a local team that plays football, there is very little of the team that speaks to me as someone that grew up in the Italian football tradition.

I still believe that if you created a team in those traditions you could fill a second stadium in the GTA.

But that is another discusssion.

Look I am of Italian descent but honestly this is true of all backgrounds in our community not just Italians.

I have really good friends I consider soccer fanatics that would never come down with me to BMO to watch TFC. These are young professionals with moms and dads from Europe and South America that just don't rate MLS. They may know every player in the Premier League, Seria A or La Liga but they could care less about MLS and TFC. I think fans of MLS have to live with that reality especially with the TV coverage and internet resources available in this day and age.

Roogsy
12-30-2010, 05:54 PM
Look I am of Italian descent but honestly this is true of all backgrounds in our community not just Italians.

I have really good friends I consider soccer fanatics that would never come down with me to BMO to watch TFC. These are young professionals with moms and dads from Europe and South America that just don't rate MLS. They may know every player in the Premier League, Seria A or La Liga but they could care less about MLS and TFC. I think fans of MLS have to live with that reality especially with the TV coverage and internet resources available in this day and age.

Since I watch some TLN and listen to spanish radio I can tell you there is at least SOME coverage of TFC in Spanish. In the Portuguese community there is a rabid fan-base. By far, the community with the most antipathy for TFC is the Italian community. I have Latino and Portuguese friends that were calling me up for tickets every game in the first 3 years (definitely not in in the 4th though...NOBODY wanted tickets, even free ones). None of my Italian friends could barely care less. That has been consistent from year 1 to year 4. In fact, last year they were the most vocal about his lame this team was. Thanks for that TFC.

That's just my personal observance.

BASE
12-30-2010, 06:21 PM
Since I watch some TLN and listen to spanish radio I can tell you there is at least SOME coverage of TFC in Spanish. In the Portuguese community there is a rabid fan-base. By far, the community with the most antipathy for TFC is the Italian community. I have Latino and Portuguese friends that were calling me up for tickets every game in the first 3 years (definitely not in in the 4th though...NOBODY wanted tickets, even free ones). None of my Italian friends could barely care less. That has been consistent from year 1 to year 4. In fact, last year they were the most vocal about his lame this team was. Thanks for that TFC.

I don't think its fair to single out Italian Canadians. The reality is that there is a sizeable contingent I.C's season ticket holders at BMO every game.

Its safe to say the TFC fanbase is made up of a much younger audience - the kids of the immigrants for the most part perhaps with some youngish newcomers to Canada and add to that some people who grew up playing the game locally and have grown to appreciate it.

The older Italians are a near impossible sell. They gave up on the local game decades ago...I think its safe to assume the same could be said for Brits, Portugesse, Greeks etc.....the older immigrants are a hard sell. My neighbor is a Scottish gentleman, he loves Rangers and rips into me anytime he sees me leaving for a TFC game with my jersey and scarf on. He is in his 60's and the reality is there is nothing I can do to convince him to give MLS a try. The rule is I can talk soccer with him but not MLS.

Perhaps an angle not considered is the sizeable Italian Canadian business sector in Toronto is huge. How many of the corporate boxes at BMO are owned by large corporations with Italian ownership?

CretanBull
12-30-2010, 07:19 PM
I never mentioned Dichio because, we will get into is he English or Italian arguemnnt. Which is best avoided.

He once told me that during World Cups and Euro's his father wouldn't let him watch England games in the house, it was Italy or nothing! I'm sure he has divided loyalties between the two - like I'm sure your kids will support Canada and Italy.

Style wise, as a player he was a traditional English center-forward...but maybe I identy him that way because that's my frame of reference.

I don't mention this to argue the point, just offering an anecdote and an opinion :D

FluSH
12-30-2010, 08:57 PM
We just sold out all of our seasons tickets, even if we 'revived' interest, itd only be amongst inter fans no? AC fans would still dismiss it and id be that a majority of italian fans would still say its a retirement league.

No thanks

I should have clarified... People at the gates we can fill (or hopefully replace with supporters) to me it's TV Ratings that needs focus. TFC is still far behind every other major sport in Toronto.

Baggio2TFC
12-30-2010, 09:27 PM
I would be ok with this if........

TFC signed a Di Natale/Di Viao/Del Piero or Quagriarella type player.

Just sayin`

trane
12-31-2010, 12:08 PM

It is the truth. I know a few second generation Italian that are interested in TFC, I know very very few Italians that immigrated that have anything but a passing interest in the club. I have been interested, but as you know I have a hard time with it at times, as it simply does not speak to my footy background.

trane
12-31-2010, 12:11 PM
He once told me that during World Cups and Euro's his father wouldn't let him watch England games in the house, it was Italy or nothing! I'm sure he has divided loyalties between the two - like I'm sure your kids will support Canada and Italy.

Style wise, as a player he was a traditional English center-forward...but maybe I identy him that way because that's my frame of reference.

I don't mention this to argue the point, just offering an anecdote and an opinion :D

He is a traditional English center-froward, but there have been Italian players that play that pure centro-avanti role, Toni comes to mind, Borriello as well, now with Rome.

My kids will support both, I have to force them a bit to support Canada, because clearly there is more glory in supporting Italy. But I tell them Canada is were you were born and you need to support them so they can have the glory they deserve.

s2cazz
12-31-2010, 01:24 PM
Love all the hate. If he did come, his first "encounter" with GBS I think he'd be loved.

I still think we need an Italian dp. As I have stated before for me personally Materazzi would be AMAZING! A striker would be ideal an in all honesty I would be satisfied with a quality striker from anywhere.

Ps. No offense Cretan but blood is blood and Dichio is Italian. If you grew up in an Italian house you would know that no matter where you are, what you learn and what you do you are Italian.

There is a lot of hate for all things Italian in this group (not directed at people like you Cretan who make intelligent points) and I will forever smile inside knowing that the first goal scorer for the club and it's beloved hero is ITALIAN!

s2cazz
12-31-2010, 01:28 PM
My issue with the graph is that there is no reason to believe that we will be above the average level of play in the MLS by 2019.

Only slightly above average. And not for long lol.

Wull
12-31-2010, 01:40 PM
Love all the hate. If he did come, his first "encounter" with GBS I think he'd be loved.

I still think we need an Italian dp. As I have stated before for me personally Materazzi would be AMAZING! A striker would be ideal an in all honesty I would be satisfied with a quality striker from anywhere.

Ps. No offense Cretan but blood is blood and Dichio is Italian. If you grew up in an Italian house you would know that no matter where you are, what you learn and what you do you are Italian.

There is a lot of hate for all things Italian in this group (not directed at people like you Cretan who make intelligent points) and I will forever smile inside knowing that the first goal scorer for the club and it's beloved hero is ITALIAN!

He was born and raised in england therefore the guy is english :facepalm:

Menelaos
12-31-2010, 01:43 PM

I almost posted that, but we're inching closer and close to a debate on nationalism so I didn't.

s2cazz
12-31-2010, 02:11 PM

And I'm sure growing up his fellow countrymen considered him as such as well. Especially with the name Daniele Salvatore Dichio :facepalm:

BASE
12-31-2010, 02:18 PM

One thing is for sure he is more English than former English National Team player Owen Whoregreaves!!!:canada:

Menelaos
12-31-2010, 02:22 PM
And I'm sure growing up his fellow countrymen considered him as such as well. Especially with the name Daniele Salvatore Dichio :facepalm:

And yet he goes by Danny Dicho :rolleyes:

LCB
12-31-2010, 03:28 PM
And yet he goes by Danny Dicho :rolleyes:

And named his kids Stevie, Jimmy and Suzanne.

No wait they're Luca, Franco, and Alessia. Anyway, who fucking cares?

Materazzi, if he would come here, would be too much money to spend on a DP defender. If the organization wants to reinvigorate the fan base, they should focus on a DP who would win games. Then we'd have TFC fans in the stands, rather than Inter fans, or Italian fans, specifically.

As an aside, if BMO ever turned into the snooze-fest atmosphere of Juve/Fiorentina last summer, I'd hand over my seasons in a heartbeat. Not a dig at Italians, as I am one, and I understand friendlies are never as vibed up as league play... just focusing on TFC fans, supporting a winning team (preferably that's exciting to watch) would be a better DP objective than relying on exciting some old world loyalties.

TFC/Everton
12-31-2010, 04:20 PM
With him, Cann and Nana, we could have the best defense in the MLS. Now we just need some bloody scoring!

BeerBaron95
12-31-2010, 05:11 PM

lmao.

s2cazz
12-31-2010, 06:21 PM
Non togliermi il pallone e non ti disturbo pił
Sono l'italiano medio nel blu dipinto di blu

trane
12-31-2010, 09:04 PM
Io ti tolgo il pallone ho ti spacco le gambe.

My take on old school Italian defensive style.

CretanBull
01-01-2011, 12:45 AM
My kids will support both, I have to force them a bit to support Canada...

If I ever have kids they'll be 3th generation Canadians...and I'll have to force them to support Canada hahahaha!! I love this country and love the sport, but the CMNT make it difficult to love them together! Oh well, they'll be TFC fans too, they'll have grown up being let down by their favourite team.

torontocelt
01-01-2011, 10:11 AM
Just like Beckham, Henry, Donadoni, and Lothar Mataues and other Euro's have torn up MLS over the years.

Oh wait a minute they didn't did they????

One man doesn't make a team.

s2cazz
01-01-2011, 12:49 PM
Io ti tolgo il pallone ho ti spacco le gambe.

My take on old school Italian defensive style.

mines better... mine are song lyrics lol

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4qduR3IUZ-0/S-nzccResMI/AAAAAAAAAe4/VasnbwDBdyg/s1600/articolo31_italiano_medio.jpg

s2cazz
01-01-2011, 12:51 PM
http://estb.msn.com/i/A7/E8B8871C394B2E8E3EA1E4FC79BF0.jpg

Pinkie
01-01-2011, 01:30 PM
this thread is um...random.

we get it..italian soccer is great and so are their players (gaaag)

but i remain firm in the fact that i never want to see him in a tfc kit. it would be a waste of money.

trane
01-01-2011, 03:32 PM
^ really that is what you get from the thread?

s2cazz
01-01-2011, 09:28 PM
http://www.internet-news.it/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/materazzi_coliandro.jpg

s2cazz
01-01-2011, 09:31 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_eH8ERvP2nis/S_5izl2LQkI/AAAAAAAAEak/k8440w3WUjo/s1600/materazzi%5B1%5D.jpg

bigtfcfan
01-01-2011, 10:35 PM
please not him

Derko
01-01-2011, 10:52 PM
One man doesn't make a team.

thank Christ someone else realizes the obvious!!

:scarf: :drinking: :flare: :canada:

zeelaw
01-02-2011, 01:51 AM
Fuck him

s2cazz
01-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Fuck him

Edit.