PDA

View Full Version : Marquez leaving Red Bulls

Menelaos
12-28-2010, 02:18 PM
http://www.vefutbol.com.mx/2010/12/28/notas/marquez_y_gio_ya_son_aguilas-33092.html

In short, both Dos Santos and Marquez will be playing for America for the Clausura 2011

Short lived stay in New York huh.
Then again, for 9 Million (as estimated in the article), I'd leave New York too.

CretanBull
12-28-2010, 02:22 PM
That's a loss for our league... I'm glad that I got to see him play.

Roogsy
12-28-2010, 02:24 PM
Damn...cashed in and went home! :D

Razcle
12-28-2010, 02:47 PM
What are the chances this is real? Because I have read too much horseshit from foreign journalists to even waste my time thinking about this. (Too late..I already have).

I'll wait for something credible and in English.

I love following the beautiful game and all it's international dealings however this is all too much to keep up-to-date with. There are too many stories that go around that amount to nothing.

Section 117
12-28-2010, 02:50 PM
My spanish isn't the best, but in the comments section I think people are calling bullshit on this one

Menelaos
12-28-2010, 02:52 PM
What are the chances this is real? Because I have read too much horseshit from foreign journalists to even waste my time thinking about this. (Too late..I already have).

I'll wait for something credible and in English.

I love following the beautiful game and all it's international dealings however this is all too much to keep up-to-date with. There are too many stories that go around that amount to nothing.

Yes, because if written in anything other than English it must be a lie...*sigh*

Funny, this same Spanish site was the first to report Marquez would be going to the MLS about 2 weeks before any 'English' report was made.

You choice to believe or not, I'll still sleep at night ;)

Menelaos
12-28-2010, 02:53 PM
My spanish isn't the best, but in the comments section I think people are calling bullshit on this one

Time will tell.

Went to the Bulls site to see if there was any indication, but nothing.
Even his Jersey's are still full price (could have been an indication if 50% and Henry's stayed full price)

Just posting I read from what has in the past been a reliable source of soccer news.

Razcle
12-28-2010, 03:07 PM
Yes, because if written in anything other than English it must be a lie...*sigh*

That is exactly what I said........Man there is a bunch of douchebags on the site today....

I have no spanish skills whatsoever and for me to make sense and throw all of my energy into a translated webpage that could be as credible as MLS-Rumors would be a waste.

You however have an inferiority complex and think that I am making a negative statement towards spanish journalists. Grow up a bit and don't try and make this any more than it is. I don't care whether it is written in Chinese or Spanish or Hebrew, I want to read the words in the language I am comfortable with before I start getting excited about it.

TFC/Everton
12-28-2010, 03:15 PM
I highly doubt this is real. The Red Bull are a powerful team, I do not see this happening.

Section 117
12-28-2010, 03:16 PM
Menelaos - If anyone is leaving teh Red Bulls I will put my money on Henry. He isn't too hapy at the moment

I have heard no news on the Marquez front, this is the first I have heard of it

Red CB Toronto
12-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Henry was at the Arsenal game on Monday, he loves going back, guess he could find his way back to Europe if he wanted.

After making my first trip out to Red Bull Arena last year I can see why he would want to leave, the stadium is out in the middle of nowhere. After the game he was signing autographs from his limo before making his way back to mid-town Manhatten, it is really is a tale of two cities, Harrison/Newark vs. the bright lights of NYC.

BeerBaron95
12-28-2010, 05:27 PM

Funny, this same Spanish site was the first to report Marquez would be going to the MLS about 2 weeks before any 'English' report was made.

You choice to believe or not, I'll still sleep at night ;)

Beat me to it

Razcle
12-28-2010, 06:01 PM
Arn't we all a bunch of fools. Dec 28 is the latin american april fools day. This thread is probably no more than a stupid joke. el Día de los Santos Inocentes.

http://spanish.about.com/b/2007/04/01/spains-equivalent-of-april-fools-day-is-dec-28.htm

MartinUtd
12-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Arn't we all a bunch of fools. Dec 28 is the latin american april fools day. This thread is probably no more than a stupid joke. el Día de los Santos Inocentes.

http://spanish.about.com/b/2007/04/01/spains-equivalent-of-april-fools-day-is-dec-28.htm

Wow that's incredibly dark considering it comes from Christian folklore about dead babies.

Chevy
12-28-2010, 09:26 PM

Huh. That's an interesting twist.

I hope he sticks around, he's a hell of a footballer.

Pachuco
12-28-2010, 09:32 PM
This would seriously be the league's biggest possible loss if true. Bigger then Henry in my mind. He's a hell of a footballer and there's enough Mexican people in the Unite States who worship this guy. I'm not Mexican and I'm pretty close to worshiping him too :)

Detroit_TFC
12-28-2010, 09:37 PM

True, earlier today on Twitter USMNT forward Herculez Gomez had people all wound up about quitting Pachuca to go back to MLS.

zeelaw
12-28-2010, 10:48 PM
That's a loss for our league... I'm glad that I got to see him play.
Ya, with a great goal too

Sally Mack
12-28-2010, 11:28 PM
Ya, with a great goal too

I have to admit... the best goal I've ever witnessed live at bmo.

CretanBull
12-28-2010, 11:34 PM
^It probably was the best goal scored there...I'd say Rafa's goal and Dichio chipping the keeper to close out the season were the two best.

Menelaos
12-29-2010, 07:23 AM
That is exactly what I said........Man there is a bunch of douchebags on the site today....

I have no spanish skills whatsoever and for me to make sense and throw all of my energy into a translated webpage that could be as credible as MLS-Rumors would be a waste.

You however have an inferiority complex and think that I am making a negative statement towards spanish journalists. Grow up a bit and don't try and make this any more than it is. I don't care whether it is written in Chinese or Spanish or Hebrew, I want to read the words in the language I am comfortable with before I start getting excited about it.

Guys like you make me laugh...
You sure are cool calling people douchebags and telling them to grow up.

Guess this is why the forums allow for us to simply click and ignore the garbage...cya...was never really nice meeting you, nor reading your crap...glad I won't have to anymore.

Fort York Redcoat
12-29-2010, 07:54 AM

I assume that's the "jajajajaja" part? As in yeah, yeah whatever? cool. I'm so multilingual now:D

Time will tell.

Went to the Bulls site to see if there was any indication, but nothing.
Even his Jersey's are still full price (could have been an indication if 50% and Henry's stayed full price)

Just posting I read from what has in the past been a reliable source of soccer news.

Nothing wrong with keeping up with the rest of the world's coverage, Mene. This is the world's game.

Cashcleaner
12-29-2010, 08:20 AM
Wow that's incredibly dark considering it comes from Christian folklore about dead babies.

Dead babies have been getting an easy ride lately. This outta shut them up for a bit.

Jack
12-29-2010, 09:43 AM
Dia de los Inocentes. Don't believe a word of it :D

zeelaw
12-29-2010, 10:01 AM
^It probably was the best goal scored there...I'd say Rafa's goal and Dichio chipping the keeper to close out the season were the two best.

Don't forget taht guy who scored from the REvs this year..

Menelaos
12-29-2010, 10:10 AM
Dia de los Inocentes. Don't believe a word of it :D

Deja que me divierta carajo!!

Razcle
12-29-2010, 10:46 AM
Guys like you make me laugh...
You sure are cool calling people douchebags and telling them to grow up.

Guess this is why the forums allow for us to simply click and ignore the garbage...cya...was never really nice meeting you, nor reading your crap...glad I won't have to anymore.

He is right. Calling him a douchbag because he insinuated I was being prejeduice towards the spanish language, is not a very mature thing to do. I just don't have any experience with people putting words in my mouth and making me look like bigot to the rest of the group, when I fight against people who are like that.