PDA

View Full Version : Road games are killing us!

tfc007
06-29-2008, 08:07 AM
WE played well last night, enough to come out with at least a point ,again mistakes are killing us, if we want to finish up in the standings, we are going to have to win road games and just not rely on home games only.And by the way Robert is usless, He came alive in the first couple games for us and now hes just not there for us.I had warned some of the RPB nation about him in one of my earlier posts.Transfer window is around the corner,I think its time to shake up the squad a bit,just enough to give us the edge heading into the second half of the season.

ExiledRed
06-29-2008, 08:30 AM
^^I wouldn't disagree, Robert isn't trying and I keep expecting him to do something impressive, but he doesn't.

TFC Cityboy
06-29-2008, 08:44 AM
he's a lazy bastard - always was. Arrogant with no cause to be and living on past glories. He has to be dropped.

Derko
06-30-2008, 01:27 PM
Hey, What about dropping the real problem, that lazy precious Cunningham, who does sweet fuck all, I'd rather see Lombardo running around like a chicken whith it's head cut off, at least Lombardo is young enough to learn.

Get rid of Cunningham, have you all forgotten the locker room problems in Cunningham's past!!

Leprechaun
06-30-2008, 01:34 PM
Cunningham needs to go...hes a cocky and lazy bastard. I know where people are coming from with Robert as well. He is just as lazy as Cunningham but the thing about him is that he can score a brilliant goal out of no where at any given time. I don't feel as confident with any player taking a free kick then I do with Robert.

Bobo
06-30-2008, 01:39 PM
Shit, maybe we need to bring in some Columbus fans into BMO to tone down the support cause seemingly they're becoming quite dependent on home field advantage. :noidea:

tfc007
07-01-2008, 06:40 AM
well said bobo,Im startring to realize the same thing,We are the fuel that drives the TFC machine, without us it looks like they are running on vegetable oil!

ExiledRed
07-01-2008, 08:51 AM
Cunningham needs to go...hes a cocky and lazy bastard.

agreed 100%

I know where people are coming from with Robert as well. He is just as lazy as Cunningham but the thing about him is that he can score a brilliant goal out of no where at any given time.

Actually so can Cunny, and he's done it more times for us than Robert. He just doesnt seem to want to.

I don't want Robert to go, he is twenty times more useful, but I wish he's take things a little more seriously. I mean if David Beckham can bring his A game to MLS, who the fuck is Laurent Robert to think his B game will do?

ensco
07-01-2008, 09:41 AM
agreed 100%
who the fuck is Laurent Robert to think his B game will do?

I think we now have a fuller picture of Robert, and why he was available.

He's not very good defensively, or without the ball. With the ball, he's a premiership player.

He's got tons of talent, but he's just un-coachable. I don't mean this in a "locker room cancer" sense. I mean it more in a "I'm just going out there to do my thing" sense.

You have to take the good with the bad with veterans like this. I'm fine with it, but it does put a defensive burden on other players

Pachuco
07-01-2008, 09:51 AM
Robert is the best left midfielder TFC has had hands down. He would'nt be so easy to replace. Yes sometimes he plays like he's lazy, but at the end of the day he's great with the ball going forward, he's always a threat and it's a bonus that every free kick he takes he seems to put it on someone's head. I feel comfortable with him on the left and I'm sure Carver will keep it that way.