PDA

View Full Version : Official - Dero on trial with CELTIC

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

superstar1976
12-28-2010, 08:05 AM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/858198?cc=5901

deltox
12-28-2010, 08:35 AM
so either Earl Cochrane lied to the fans or Dero did this without letting the team know.

it has to be either one or the other

http://files.stv.tv/img/articles/217396-de-rosario-starts-celtic-trial-despite-toronto-denial-410x230.jpg
http://www.mls-rumors.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/deroatceltic.JPG

sully
12-28-2010, 08:59 AM
Really tired of the whole DeRo drama now...and by the way I doubt he'd earn anymore over there than he does here... At the very least if he is a Toronto player on 2011 take the captaincy away from him...would rather have a player like Cann as captain..

TFC Bhoy
12-28-2010, 09:20 AM
ya this whole debacle is pretty crazy. Is he doing it without telling anyone at TFC? Did TFC just lie? Does ANYONE know whats going on over there?!

Gotta say the thing I'm most upset about isn't even TFC related, but after seeing that pic I am in shock that Ljundberg is wearing #7! I know he isn't officially on the team yet, but he still doesn't deserve to even train in #7! Sorry I know thats not DeRo related, I just couldn't resist lol

TFCin110
12-28-2010, 09:27 AM
This whole situation is strange.

TFCin110
12-28-2010, 09:28 AM
ya this whole debacle is pretty crazy. Is he doing it without telling anyone at TFC? Did TFC just lie? Does ANYONE know whats going on over there?!

Gotta say the thing I'm most upset about isn't even TFC related, but after seeing that pic I am in shock that Ljundberg is wearing #7! I know he isn't officially on the team yet, but he still doesn't deserve to even train in #7! Sorry I know thats not DeRo related, I just couldn't resist lol

The numbers are in relation to what number the shirt is in the training kit inventory so they know if anything goes missing.

Wooster_TFC
12-28-2010, 09:29 AM
http://a2.twimg.com/profile_images/629277966/soccercentral_bigger.jpg (http://twitter.com/account/profile_image/sportsnetsoccer?hreflang=en) sportsnetsoccer

DeRosario on trial with Celtic without permisson from TFC. The **** is about to hit the fan. GD

Chevy
12-28-2010, 09:33 AM
Ives tweet says move would be permanent if he impresses.

http://twitter.com/#!/SoccerByIves

TFCin110
12-28-2010, 09:33 AM
“Dwayne is not going on trial with Celtic or any other club,” Cochrane told MLSsoccer.com

Chevy
12-28-2010, 09:34 AM
“Dwayne is not going on trial with Celtic or any other club,” Cochrane told MLSsoccer.com

Seems like Earl was bamboozled.

Damien
He better hope to hell he makes the Celtic squad... if he doesn't im not so sure he'll have a warm reception back here in TFC land.

Pendrith
If DeRosario went on Trial without TFC permission, I hope this is grounds to void his contract. We didn't pay much to get him and if we get nothing now, I'm o.k. with that.

Menelaos
12-28-2010, 09:35 AM
http://a2.twimg.com/profile_images/629277966/soccercentral_bigger.jpg (http://twitter.com/account/profile_image/sportsnetsoccer?hreflang=en) sportsnetsoccer

DeRosario on trial with Celtic without permisson from TFC. The **** is about to hit the fan. GD

If that is true, that would be the end of those wanting prove he's not living up to his contract while asking to renogotiate.

Chevy
12-28-2010, 09:35 AM
He better hope to hell he makes the Celtic squad... if he doesn't im not so sure he'll have a warm reception back here in TFC land.

I was thinking the same. This is a big Holiday FU from DeRo.

TFCin110
12-28-2010, 09:38 AM
Imagine if he gets hurt? I am sure that would void his TFC contract....DeRo is playing with fire here financially as well.

Damien
12-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Bring Back Amado Guevara!!!! ;)

TFC Bhoy
12-28-2010, 09:39 AM
wow i fhe straight out just went and didn't inform anyone or his agent didn't talk to TFC about it, thats pretty brutal. No idea if its true or not, but IF it is true, that that is a pretty dirty move by DeRo I think.

ManUtd4ever
12-28-2010, 09:43 AM
so either Earl Cochrane lied to the fans or Dero did this without letting the team know.

it has to be either one or the other

http://files.stv.tv/img/articles/217396-de-rosario-starts-celtic-trial-despite-toronto-denial-410x230.jpg
http://www.mls-rumors.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/deroatceltic.JPG

What a joke. These pics appear less than 24 hours after Cochrane assured supporters that DeRo is not going on trial with Celtic or any other club for that matter. I doubt Cochrane would lie to the media knowing it would blow up in his face. On the other hand, how could DeRo possibly be training on Celtic ground without TFC being aware of it?! In any case, TFC controls DeRo's rights while he is under contract so I would assume that DeRo went on trial of his own volition. Perhaps he is intent on forcing his way out of town.

I must say, the relationship between DeRo and TFC front office appears to be severely dysfunctional at this point and now the interim general manager has been ridiculed publicly. I don't foresee a happy ending folks...

deltox
12-28-2010, 09:45 AM
if he were to leave TFC now, i could see all teams banding together in MLS and refusing to sign him

Detroit_TFC
12-28-2010, 09:47 AM
I doesn't make sense for Earl to give such a categorical denial if in fact he knew DeRo was over there, it would serve no useful purpose. Seems to me this is a wildcat action on DeRo's part.

It's shocking to me that anybody would give him a trial at his age, so this is probably the last chance DeRo would have to play in Europe. Not surprising he would do the trial with or without permission even at risk of his current contract. I'm more concerned about what this may say about the state of affairs at the FO, and a leadership void. Not saying that Earl C is incompetent or such, but interims don't have the clout that a permanent GM has and at this point this uncertainty has to be unsettling the players.

Nuvinho
12-28-2010, 09:50 AM
Since MLS owns the contract, they could probably void his contract and thus meaning he can't sign with any other team in MLS. So he better stick with Celtic or else, he'll have to go play in Moldova.

druid
12-28-2010, 09:53 AM
What an unprofessional little dink.

Menelaos
12-28-2010, 09:56 AM
IF TFC didn't know, I agree with ALL of the above.
For now, I'll wait and see rather than jump all over him.

TFC/Everton
12-28-2010, 10:00 AM
Good for you Dero.

Beach_Red
12-28-2010, 10:01 AM
I was thinking the same. This is a big Holiday FU from DeRo.

It's been frustrating for four years watching a team this poorly managed, imagine being under contract to it? This doesn't seem like it's even about money anymore, this looks like a guy who wants to play for a professionally run team.

Batman
12-28-2010, 10:02 AM
On a postitive noted, if anyone was worried that Cochrane might keep his GM job they can rest easy.

TFCin110
12-28-2010, 10:03 AM
What a mess.

Chevy
12-28-2010, 10:06 AM
It's been frustrating for four years watching a team this poorly managed, imagine being under contract to it? This doesn't seem like it's even about money anymore, this looks like a guy who wants to play for a professionally run team.

This looks like a self-centred guy that's in it for his benefit and his alone. I hope it works out for him over there, because if it doesn't he may have royally screwed himself.

ManUtd4ever
12-28-2010, 10:07 AM
As a staunch supporter of DeRo in the past, I am extremely disappointed by this unorthodox maneuver and lack of professionalism on his part. I don't fault him for trying to earn a roster spot in Europe but he is violating the terms of his contract and seems impervious to the potential consequences regarding his future in Toronto.

As previously mentioned, at this point he better hope that he impresses Celtic enough so that a potential transfer can be negotiated with TFC. If not, I seriously doubt that he will be welcomed back by the front office after embarassing the organization.

It's quite possible that DeRo has played his last game for TFC...

TFC Bhoy
12-28-2010, 10:08 AM
Ya I am not sure what happened as I don't know why Cochrane would have made such a public statement if he was over there. He would have known it would just make him look like a fool.
On the other hand Celtic I think know how MLS works and knowing that he is under contact still, I don't see them taking him over on a trial without talking to TFC at all. That also seems unlikely to me.

It'll be interesting to see what happens, but also I think this is going to be a VERY VERY messy situation

Waggy
12-28-2010, 10:09 AM
If Dero did this without notifying the club, that's it. I've been cordial with him since the summer, yes I like the guy as a player and I like that he's from Toronto. But this would be arguably the worst thing an athlete has ever done in Toronto. At least Colangelo knew Bosh probably wasn't coming back- even if it was too late. I will not support Dero even when he's cut from Celtic and comes back tail between legs. I will not support Dero even if he's wearing the Maple Leaf. Sorry roogs, but this is scum in my books. If he is ever again playing in BMO, I will be booing him.

sully
12-28-2010, 10:12 AM
If DeRo manages to convince Celtic to make a transfer offer to Toronto/MLS, then what's a reasonable offer for a 32 yr old player that wasn't even available? $200,000, $500,000? What if DeRo doesn't get an offer from Celtic? He comes back as our captain? I don't think so. Lots of drama to come. (and what the hell has klinnsman done lately?).

Beach_Red
12-28-2010, 10:13 AM
This looks like a self-centred guy that's in it for his benefit and his alone. I hope it works out for him over there, because if it doesn't he may have royally screwed himself.

Well, it may be a case of both sides of this acting only in their own self-inteest, maybe it's two sides "made for each other."

But people have been complaining in this board for years about TFC's poor treatment of players. Now we have managment guys scrambling to keep their jobs (you can't blame them, it's got to be tough to go through this time of year waiting for the consultant in California to recommend if you should get to keep your job or not) and players not knowing who's running the team.

This is far too big a mess to blame one guy or to pick sides. MLSE may think that the world stops while they dither and try to figure out how to run a soccer team, but it doesn't.

loconet
12-28-2010, 10:13 AM
An updated statement from TFC to come soon: http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/12/update-de-rosario-celtic-link

ArmenJBX
12-28-2010, 10:14 AM
Traitor.
Go fuck yourself.

We'll sign someone better than your selfish ass.
This ain't your "hometown" anymore...

Nuvinho
12-28-2010, 10:15 AM
torontofc (http://twitter.com/torontofc)

UK press has revealed De Rosario on trial w/ Celtic today. #TorontoFC (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23TorontoFC) to make statement shortly http://t.co/9Qj4VYl (http://t.co/9Qj4VYl) #MLS (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23MLS) #TFC (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC)

Damien
12-28-2010, 10:15 AM
If Celtic's going to take him I hope it's soon! We need to cut our losses and move on asap. The transfer window is pretty much here. I hope Earl/Jurgen are doing homework right now.

TFCin110
12-28-2010, 10:18 AM
Wow....what developments this morning....I wonder this TFC statement will say.

djcuse
12-28-2010, 10:18 AM
Traitor.
Go fuck yourself.

We'll sign someone better than your selfish ass.
This ain't your "hometown" anymore...

Really??? Care to name who is a better goalscorer over the past decade in MLS that we would sign...

Batman
12-28-2010, 10:21 AM
Really??? Care to name who is a better goalscorer over the past decade in MLS that we would sign...

On that note, care to state why the hell TFC should let him walk away from his contractual obligations.

ArmenJBX
12-28-2010, 10:24 AM
I don't care who it is. Just gotta find someone.
If we cannot sign any 15+ goalscorers, ever, then we are officially fubar.

wzhxvy
12-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Would Dero do this based on his weak character ? Yes
Would TFC be incompetent not to know ? Yes

What I am puzzled by is why would Celtic do that ? I don't know much about the club but I would assume they are and wanted to be a respected organization. I am puzzled. But Dero, once again, you show that you are a desperate man...very sad.

djcuse
12-28-2010, 10:25 AM
On that note, care to state why the hell TFC should let him walk away from his contractual obligations.

He's not walking away, he's simply on a 1 week trail to train with a top European club... What's so wrong with that...

Krasno.pL.
12-28-2010, 10:25 AM
Just Cut Him.. let him go.
Embarrass his ass more than he's doing right now.

Waggy
12-28-2010, 10:26 AM

Dero made 880k and scored 31 goals for us over his 'career' at TFC. That's almost 30 000 dollars a goal. Anyone got numbers on comparable strike rates per dollar? I have a feeling goals can come a LOT cheaper, a LOT younger, and with a LOT less of a douchefactor than this. And a LOT less drama. At least Lebron was a free agent.

Waggy
12-28-2010, 10:26 AM
He's not walking away, he's simply on a 1 week trail to train with a top European club... What's so wrong with that...

He lied about it to the city. He didn't notify the TEAM HE IS UNDER CONTRACT TO. If your boss found out you were interviewing for other jobs, would he be happy?

Chevy
12-28-2010, 10:27 AM

Uhh...because it appears like he did it completely behind his club's back.

swan
you guys can all cherp cherp cherp but you actually know fuck all about his and TFC situation..

sick of all the know it all's

Batman

ya...right.:picard:

Krasno.pL.
12-28-2010, 10:28 AM
If he came out and said to the club and the city.. look im trying my luck here for a week. see what happens. done
nobody would be calling for his head or freaking out this bad.
his own fault for causing a bigger shit storm.

ArmenJBX
12-28-2010, 10:28 AM
There's thousands of kids in South America who can do what he did. Our fucktard FO can't find um. Hopefully this new GM/coach will be able to

Batman
12-28-2010, 10:29 AM
you guys can all cherp cherp cherp but you actually know fuck all about his and TFC situation..

people are stating their opinions...its kind what this board is all about. if you dont want to see them, don't come onto the board.

Mark TFC
12-28-2010, 10:30 AM
This is one hell of a confusing situation to say the least.

I hope Dwayne had more sense than to do this without any notification.

djcuse
12-28-2010, 10:32 AM
He lied about it to the city. He didn't notify the TEAM HE IS UNDER CONTRACT TO. If your boss found out you were interviewing for other jobs, would he be happy?

Who wouldn't want to take the opportunity to have a chance to play with a Top Club, rather then a minor league one... Lets face it, MLS Soccer is great but it's still the minor leagues compared to any other European top flight league.. But I think what everyone is failing to see is that Celtic are more concerned with trying to sign Ljunberg then they are Dero..
We should be enthused that a top club like Celtic is letting DeRO TRAIN and and I repeat "TRAIN" with them for a week.. It can't hurt to get some top coaching tips from club like this...

Damien
12-28-2010, 10:32 AM
This is kinda off-the-wall but...

I wonder if DeRo had a problem with Paul Mariner coming in?

Waggy
12-28-2010, 10:33 AM

Sick of Dero defenders. When Dero does something we all suspect was bad, we're know it alls. When Dero does something public we all know was bad, it's because of the club or because of his last club or because we fans are too fickle and don't appreciate a 'real footballer'. When does Dero take any responsibility for his actions?

billyfly
12-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Cochrane - "Dwayne don't go to trail with Celtic. There are lots of rumours that you are and the FO does not want you to go. I am going to make a statement to stop these rumours. We'll talk after Christmas."

Dwayne - "Ok."
Dewayne's Agent - "Fuck TFC and Earl. Get you bags."

ManUtd4ever
12-28-2010, 10:34 AM

Supporters are clearly frustrated by this unfortunate turn of events and rightfully so. The undeniable facts are that DeRo is on trial with Celtic after TFC front office vehemently denied it 24 hours earlier...

Batman
12-28-2010, 10:35 AM
Who wouldn't want to take the opportunity to have a chance to play with a Top Club, rather then a minor league one... Lets face it, MLS Soccer is great but it's still the minor leagues compared to any other European top flight league.. But I think what everyone is failing to see is that Celtic are more concerned with trying to sign Ljunberg then they are Dero..
We should be enthused that a top club like Celtic is letting DeRO TRAIN and and I repeat "TRAIN" with them for a week.. It can't hurt to get some top coaching tips from club like this...

It sure doesnt sound like Train, I repeat Train.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/858198?cc=5901

Krasno.pL.

are u fucking kidding me man? hahah "Top Coaching Tips" .. not hard to do from the internet...

its all good he's over there...
all were saying is he's a fucking retarded douchbag for not telling his TEAM nor anyone affiliated.. ( we'll see what TFC says) ...
he could have handled this way different

Chevy
HERE IS TFC's RESPONSE

Tuesday morning reports from the UK press revealed that Toronto FC captain Dwayne De Rosario is on trial in Scotland with Celtic, alongside former Swedish international Freddie Ljungberg.

The news arrives despite the Reds insisting a day earlier that De Rosario was not going on trial.

In light of the reports, Toronto issued the following statement on Tuesday:

"We were unaware of Dwayne's plan to train with Celtic and we will contact them to understand the situation. Obviously, if there is interest in a short term loan arrangement by either him or Celtic, they will need to approach us and the League formally and we will consider based on what is in TFC's best interest."

ArmenJBX
The worst part is he'll be on the bench the whole time.
What a waste

Waggy
12-28-2010, 10:38 AM

I don't begrudge him the opportunity. If he'd notified the club I'd be ecstatic- check the rumour thread that was up yesterday, what I posted about how it'd be great for everyone if Dero could go to a big club and TFC could make some cash and move to rebuild and get younger. I dont like him lying TO ME (which he did with his denial of the trial) and NOT TELLING THE CLUB. Or worse, lying to them. This is his HOME TOWN TEAM. If this doesn't say something large about his character then I don't know what will. I'm done ranting on this after one last thing.

I'm 25 years old. I've been a die hard fan of literally every Toronto sports team since I was 2 or 3 years old (seriously. The FIRST thing I did coming home from the hospital after being born was watch the Jays clinch that first AL East title). There isn't even a comparison to what Dero has done here. Vince Carter didn't do SHIT compared to Dero. I finally forgave Vince last year after he bricked 2 HUGE free throws and disgraced himself on an international stage. I don't think I'll ever forgive this me-first whining egotistical piece of shit for how he stabbed his HOMETOWN TEAM in the back. I hope he dies in a fire. I wouldn't cheer for him again if he was playing for Canada, let alone TFC.

wzhxvy
12-28-2010, 10:38 AM
There is no excuse for it. This is not like interviewing for a job by the way while you are in a job...there is nothing wrong with that...this is like going to work for another organization/company during your vacation. It is incredibly wrong for both him and for Celtic to agree to have him there. Maybe it was a language issue and there was miscommunication between MLS and Celtic lol

wzhxvy
12-28-2010, 10:40 AM
HERE IS TFC's RESPONSE

Tuesday morning reports from the UK press revealed that Toronto FC captain Dwayne De Rosario is on trial in Scotland with Celtic, alongside former Swedish international Freddie Ljungberg.

The news arrives despite the Reds insisting a day earlier that De Rosario was not going on trial.

"We were unaware of Dwayne's plan to train with Celtic and we will contact them to understand the situation. Obviously, if there is interest in a short term loan arrangement by either him or Celtic, they will need to approach us and the League formally and we will consider based on what is in TFC's best interest."

I actually like and respect that statement...no BS...calling it like it is.

TFCin110
12-28-2010, 10:41 AM
HERE IS TFC's RESPONSE

The response doesn't offer much, other than it sounds like the front office has no clue what was/is going on. IF DeRo and his agent did not seek club approval before then I have a problem with that.

ArmenJBX
12-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Yeah, if Celtic gets wind of what's going on, they might just drop him to avoid controversy.

Can't FIFA sanction in-contract, illegal transfers?

Nuvinho
12-28-2010, 10:43 AM
DeRo's agent if he didn't tell the club or MLS is a dumbass.

Suds
12-28-2010, 10:45 AM
The response doesn't offer much, other than it sounds like the front office has no clue what was/is going on. IF DeRo and his agent did not seek club approval before then I have a problem with that.

That's exactly how I read the response from the club.

Players are supposed to notify their club if they want to trail with another club. They need permission to do so or they violate their contract.

DeRo went behind TFC's back. Their is no other way to look at this.

Beach_Red
12-28-2010, 10:45 AM

At this point it really makes you wonder if this Front Office not knowing what's going on has anything to do with them not being able to find a GM or coach to come in and try and run things. Whoever does come in, it's going to be a huge job.

Suds
12-28-2010, 10:46 AM
Yeah, if Celtic gets wind of what's going on, they might just drop him to avoid controversy.

Can't FIFA sanction in-contract, illegal transfers?

If MLS/TFC files a complaint. I do not believe they initiate this on their own.

TFC Bhoy
12-28-2010, 10:48 AM
Now I don't know at all, I could be COMPLETELY wrong as some of these things with contracts and the league owning them etc, i get really confused with.
But isn't it possible that perhaps Celtic and DeRos agent talked with MLS and not TFC and that MLS didn't get in touch with TFC about it?
Sorry if this sounds stupid, I really have no idea how it all works, just thinking that could be a possibility or am i completely wrong?

CBTFC
12-28-2010, 10:50 AM
As long as we get (a little more than) something in return, I say all the best DeRo and thanks for the memories.

Time to spend some money on South & Central American players.

Chevy
12-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Now I don't know at all, I could be COMPLETELY wrong as some of these things with contracts and the league owning them etc, i get really confused with.
But isn't it possible that perhaps Celtic and DeRos agent talked with MLS and not TFC and that MLS didn't get in touch with TFC about it?
Sorry if this sounds stupid, I really have no idea how it all works, just thinking that could be a possibility or am i completely wrong?

It's not stupid. It's possible, but it defies all common sense. I would also assume that TFC checked with the league to see if they had any clue.

I'm sure when the spin doctors arrive they will allude to something such as this happening and place the blame anywhere but on DeRo.

Nuvinho
12-28-2010, 10:53 AM
This has the workings of MoJo written all over it. Celtic were recommended DeRo from someone....is that someone MoJo? one final screwing over of TFC from him? ;)

Nuvinho
12-28-2010, 10:55 AM

You know MLS, they are so slow at doing everything. They could of figured that TFC is off because of Christmas and Boxing day, so left a message on their general mailbox...haha!!!

Wull
12-28-2010, 10:55 AM
He's done. There's no coming back from this ever. No place on the wall, no job with the club when he retires. If he comes back to BMO for anything, give him the treatment reserved for cunningham etc. All he had to do was clear it with the club and this wouldn't have been much of an issue. It would have given him the extra money he was looking for without us having to give him DP staus.

anto7
12-28-2010, 10:57 AM
I know it's Pantomime season but but boy oh boy this is classic TFC farce

RedsYNWA
12-28-2010, 10:58 AM
WOW JUST WOW

WHAT A DUMB ASS

He could get plenty of endorsements here vs NOTHING in Scotland am I wrong?
How much more does he plan to make there???
Way to say F OF to the Home Fans
Is he going on our wall of honour?

I thought you had class DeRo I guess your an ass and a zero

BASE
12-28-2010, 10:58 AM

The TFC front office has been on extended holidays since November 21st.

Somewhere in the TFC offices there lies a fax seeking permission. Let us not forget how inept this organization has been on the soccer side since 2006. There is and has been very little loyalty and integrity within TFC (a big thanks to MoJo for this) so I don't blame De Ro looking out for himself and his family.

That said TFC has done an excellent job at selling beer.

Krasno.pL.
12-28-2010, 10:59 AM
This has the workings of MoJo written all over it. Celtic were recommended DeRo from someone....is that someone MoJo? one final screwing over of TFC from him? ;)

+ fucking 1

i just sat here thinking of that saying .. no fucking way.:picard:

wzhxvy
It's not stupid. It's possible, but it defies all common sense. I would also assume that TFC checked with the league to see if they had any clue.

I'm sure when the spin doctors arrive they will allude to something such as this happening and place the blame anywhere but on DeRo.

There is no spinning left. Dero has shown himself to be not very bright and classless. I for one, and I am sure many of you here do as well, understand the pressure of having to support a family etc. But this guy has taking it to an incredible extreme where he is risking what is certain for the dream of the possible. He is getting bad advice that is for sure.

Suds

Somewhere in the TFC offices there lies a fax seeking permission. Let us not forget how inept this organization has been on the soccer side since 2006. There is and has been very little loyalty and integrity within TFC (a big thanks to MoJo for this) so I don't blame De Ro looking out for himself and his family.

Really? You have proof of this?

Cashcleaner
12-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Gentlemen, our club is now the laughingstock of the league. Less than 24 hours after TFC specifically denies DeRo trialling with Celtic we're now looking at exactly that! Did DeRo take matters in his own hands and arrange the trail by himself. Did TFC and the league try to keep it under wraps before making the announcement themselves? Both scenarios are equally plausible.

But aside from all that, here's the one fundamental issue that needs to be addressed. Just how bad are things going at the club right now between management and the players? The "revolving door" is a term that hasn't been used a lot in recent months, but is this yet another sign of exactly that?

Looking at things logically, it doesn't make sense for an individual to burn his bridges in such a way just for the sake of a trial. Nothing is guaranteed for DeRo in Scotland, but if he did all this without the club or league's consent, then he has basically given up any hope to play for Toronto again and could be facing a hefty league fine.

Wull
12-28-2010, 11:04 AM

Somewhere in the TFC offices there lies a fax seeking permission.

Well if it wasn't responded to he shouldn't fucking be there

bgnewf
12-28-2010, 11:05 AM
DeRo Trialling With Celtic - And TFC is Blindsided

http://tinyurl.com/3888lta

One day after TFC denies that Captain Dwayne De Rosario is going to trial at Glasgow Celtic, low and behold DeRo shows up there today. What this might all mean for DeRo, TFC and the as yet incomplete Front Office.

Comments are always welcome and of course always appreciated.

Chevy
12-28-2010, 11:06 AM

Please. This is something that would come from roogsy.

Waggy
12-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Gentlemen, our club is now the laughingstock of the league. Less than 24 hours after TFC specifically denies DeRo trialling with Celtic we're now looking at exactly that! Did DeRo take matters in his own hands and arrange the trail by himself. Did TFC and the league try to keep it under wraps before making the announcement themselves? Both scenarios are equally plausible.

But aside from all that, here's the one fundamental issue that needs to be addressed. Just how bad are things going at the club right now between management and the players? The "revolving door" is a term that hasn't been used a lot in recent months, but is this yet another sign of exactly that?

You mean last week we weren't already the laughingstock of the league? lol. The worst part now is we may start getting pity from other clubs fans. I'd rather be hated and made fun of

uncle p
12-28-2010, 11:12 AM
Didnt read the whole thread so sorry if this has been mentioned.
IMO no MLS team would pay Dero the money he wants cause he wasnt a threat to leave the league, he was an MLS lifer!! Now he's a threat to go elsewhere and probably just jockeying for a better negotiation position.

He's already accomplished pretty much all he can in MLS so i dont see the problem with him now looking for a payday, especially at his age

TFCREDNWHITE
Dont be so naive, for sure the club knows exactly whats happening!

Razor
I will wait to hear the whole story.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dero did this behind their backs. He has zero class.

TFCin110
12-28-2010, 11:13 AM
I just find the whole situation very strange....

Shortly after the rumours of DeRo's trial at Celtic emerged you would think that before TFC issued that statement they called DeRo/DeRo's agent to confirm or deny the rumours. They hopefully called Celtic to confirm or deny. He probably flew to Scotland yesterday so they had to have some way of finding out he was in Scotland. It seems odd they would issue such a defiant statement saying that he would not be going on trial when they in fact either knew or had decent grounds to believe that he was on trial. If they knew then the statement should have said he has not been authorized by MLS or TFC to go on trial. The front office looks bad on this.

Menelaos
12-28-2010, 11:16 AM
I will wait to hear the whole story.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dero did this behind their backs. He has zero class.

That might be going a bit too far.
Unless you personally know the man, saying he has "zero class" is too much.

Neither YOU nor I know the inside story, so I'd suggest not attacking his character as a whole.

tfcleeds
12-28-2010, 11:19 AM
And TFC continues to be run like a pub team, surprise, surprise.

I fear for what 2011 has in store.

Juanito
Let De Rosario leave. If Celtic want him, then maybe they will pay something for him.

I'm tired of this side show and maybe this is the kick in the pants the club needs to get it's shit together.

I don't want players that aren't happy here. It's not good to anyone.

wzhxvy
I just find the whole situation very strange....

Shortly after the rumours of DeRo's trial at Celtic emerged you would think that before TFC issued that statement they called DeRo/DeRo's agent to confirm deny the rumours. They hopefully called Celtic to confirm or deny. He probably flew to Scotland yesterday so they had to have some way of finding out he was in Scotland. It seems odd they would issue such a defiant statement saying that he would not be going on trial when they in fact either knew or had decent grounds to believe that he was on trial. If they knew then the statement should have said he has not been authorized by MLS or TFC to go on trial.

No way, respectfully. He is under contract with TFC. TFC is not supposed to be chasing him and his possy (of 1) to confirm or deny. And they cant call other clubs based on rumours. Dero needs permission from TFC as he is under contract with them. If no one contacted them, then they are fully in their right to issue such a statement. Actually even if they were aware of the rumours, they should have done that, because it pins Dero in a corner as no official approval was granted.

Menelaos
12-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Let De Rosario leave. If Celtic want him, then maybe they will pay something for him.

I'm tired of this side show and maybe this is the kick in the pants the club needs to get it's shit together.

I don't want players that aren't happy here. It's not good to anyone.

Big +1

Pookie
12-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Strange set of occurances but it is best to look at the facts and determine who holds leverage.

The fact is that DeRo is under contract to TFC for 2 more years

At first glance, DeRo has painted himself into a corner.

If Celtic don't want him, he's lost all leverage with the club for a contract renegotiation. He will have sought out "commitment" elsewhere and failed. If he wants a paycheck, he'll have to play back in Toronto in front of a potentially negative crowd. Endorsements in TO? Yeah, those should dry up too.

TFC could trade him within the MLS but the number of clubs willing to touch a high maintenance player like this who could "screw you" while under contract would presumably be slim to none.

If Celtic do want him, and since TFC was not informed, as is their public position, Celtic face tampering charges if TFC chooses to levy them. Tampering charges could be used as leverage to extract more in a transfer. And they will. These guys know how to run a calculator.

Even if Celtic want him, he just made it 100% harder for a deal like this to come together.

If he gets injured, well, let's hope he has insurance for his sake.

Waggy
12-28-2010, 11:25 AM
Strange set of occurances but it is best to look at the facts and determine who holds leverage.

If TFC was not informed, as is their public position, Celtic face tampering charges if TFC chooses to levy them. Tampering charges could be used as leverage to extract more in a transfer. So, this is potentially good for the club.

If Celtic don't want him, he's lost all leverage with the club for a contract renegotiation. If he wants a paycheck, he'll have to play back in Toronto in front of a potentially negative crowd. Endorsements in TO? Yeah, those should dry up too.

TFC could trade him but the number of clubs willing to touch a high maintenance player like this who could "screw you" while under contract.

If Celtic do want him, and since TFC was not informed, as is their public position, Celtic face tampering charges if TFC chooses to levy them. Tampering charges could be used as leverage to extract more in a transfer. And they will. These guys know how to run a calculator.

He just made it 100% harder for a deal like this to come together.

As to your trade comment, absolutely agree. Other clubs will see/hear about how Dero and his agent went behind his clubs back (assuming this is what happened). I can't imagine they'd be too keen to do business with him after hearing about this fiasco. Who would want a 32 year old malcontent with a history of going around his clubs back?

EDIT: Eric Koreen wrote something in the Post http://sports.nationalpost.com/2010/12/28/de-rosario-on-trial-in-scotland-against-toronto-fcs-wishes/

wzhxvy
12-28-2010, 11:25 AM

If Celtic don't want him, he's lost all leverage with the club for a contract renegotiation. If he wants a paycheck, he'll have to play back in Toronto in front of a potentially negative crowd. Endorsements in TO? Yeah, those should dry up too.

TFC could trade him but the number of clubs willing to touch a high maintenance player like this who could "screw you" while under contract.

He just made it 100% harder for a deal like this to come together.

Yes I agree with all of this, which is why I keep saying he is getting very bad advice. What I am not comprehending is the Celtic angle in all of this.

TFCin110
12-28-2010, 11:29 AM
No way, respectfully. He is under contract with TFC. TFC is not supposed to be chasing him and his possy (of 1) to confirm or deny. And they cant call other clubs based on rumours. Dero needs permission from TFC as he is under contract with them. If no one contacted them, then they are fully in their right to issue such a statement. Actually even if they were aware of the rumours, they should have done that, because it pins Dero in a corner as no official approval was granted.

Ok, well we'll agree to disagree...

I also believe that we should keep personal attacks on DeRo grounded. We need to get his side of the story and even still I would not call his classless. He's good in the community and for me personally, I remember him buying me drinks on my birthday at the 90th minute party 2 years ago. He seems like a decent guy...maybe just making a bad decision in this case.

Juanito
12-28-2010, 11:31 AM
Big +1

YES GUY!

Chevy
12-28-2010, 11:33 AM
I agree about the personal attacks, but how could you define this in any other way than 'classless'.

I'm glad he bought you a few drinks, but that doesn't mean he's not an sel-centred dimwit. I guess I broke my own rule. Oh well.

TFCin110
12-28-2010, 11:36 AM
I agree about the personal attacks, but how could you define this in any other way than 'classless'.

I'm glad he bought you a few drinks, but that doesn't mean he's not an sel-centred dimwit. I guess I broke my own rule. Oh well.

Fair enough, but lets get all the facts before we deem him classless.

TFC Bhoy
12-28-2010, 11:37 AM
i am just having a REAL hard time with Celtic taking him on trail knowing he is on contract without talking to ANYONE. Just doesn't make much sense to me, Celtic know better than that. So I don't know if they talked to MLS maybe, I really don't know, I just would be surprised if they didn't talk to anyone. It is REALLY confusing to me

Pigfynn
12-28-2010, 11:38 AM
Why is this club such a fucking gong show?

Where's the emoticon for 100,000 face palms?

Parkdale
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/12/reds-quash-de-ro-rumours

QUASH

sorry Duane, but there goes your credibility.

TFC just made you look quite the fool.

Waggy
Fair enough, but lets get all the facts before we deem him classless.

His actions are a reflection of himself. While I agree calling him classless without all the facts is classless (hah!), the fact of the matter is the cheque signing thing was classless. The public comments were classless, and this sure as hell looks classless. That's a lot of classless. Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Wull
12-28-2010, 11:39 AM
i am just having a REAL hard time with Celtic taking him on trail knowing he is on contract without talking to ANYONE. Just doesn't make much sense to me, Celtic know better than that. So I don't know if they talked to MLS maybe, I really don't know, I just would be surprised if they didn't talk to anyone. It is REALLY confusing to me

I'm not, ask referees about Celtic's behaviour with regard to respect

Nuvinho
12-28-2010, 11:39 AM
So when DeRo returns back from his 1 week vacation (aka. trial), San Jose will be his next destination?

BFin
12-28-2010, 11:40 AM
A real DP would definitely go against his teams policies, and not lead by example.

Trade him. I'm sick of his drama. No one in the MLS is bigger than the team...

Waggy

Maybe Deros agent said he'd handle it? We don't really know the rules of international transfers with players under long term contracts. Maybe quid-pro-quo is the agent acts as the go between until a deal is imminent? I agree with you that a club like Celtic probably wouldn't knowingly tamper like that, that's the only logical explanation I can think of.

phonzo
maybe they made a cheque signing motion and he flocked that way?

phonzo
12-28-2010, 11:41 AM
dero chicken to the dolllllllllahs

Chevy
12-28-2010, 11:41 AM
Does he realize the average SPL player makes about $300k a year?

Waggy
12-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Haha, http://twitter.com/#!/jasondevos/status/19795137416658944

Jason deVos
Dero goes on trial at Celtic without asking #TFC for permission. He is so wrong he can't even see right from where he is.

Wull
12-28-2010, 11:43 AM
Does he realize the average SPL player makes about $300k a year?
maybe he thinks he can earn that then come back and play for us :picard:

Parkdale
12-28-2010, 11:47 AM

of 2006 ?

:hump:

BFin
12-28-2010, 11:48 AM
BAH-ZINGA for Parkie. So true.

bgnewf
12-28-2010, 11:50 AM
I just tweeted DeRo the following:

bgnewf (http://twitter.com/bgnewf)@dwaynederosario (http://twitter.com/dwaynederosario) How is Scotland? And for the record did TFC give u permission to go??

Will keep you posted

Mark TFC
12-28-2010, 11:52 AM
^^Please do, haha.

mclaren
12-28-2010, 11:53 AM

Looking at things logically, it doesn't make sense for an individual to burn his bridges in such a way just for the sake of a trial. Nothing is guaranteed for DeRo in Scotland, but if he did all this without the club or league's consent, then he has basically given up any hope to play for Toronto again and could be facing a hefty league fine.

I'm glad I didn't renew for next season, this club is a complete and utter shambles. TFC's statement yesterday, and then the news today? Total lack of professionalism.

brad
12-28-2010, 11:55 AM
The should go after both DeRo and Celtic through FIFA channels. This amounts to a tap up.

BFin
12-28-2010, 11:55 AM
No need to be upset. Just trade his ass. Simple as that. It should be the same if Dan Gargan tried to unleash himself on another league, without team permission.

ArmenJBX
12-28-2010, 11:57 AM
No need to be upset. Just trade his ass. Simple as that. It should be the same if Dan Gargan tried to unleash himself on another league, without team permission.

lol :D

I wish we had a team of Dan Gargans, hard working guys, low salary, who actually want to prove themselves and be successful.

For some reason, anyone who's a goalscorer is seen as this egoistic, money hungry player, and all the defenders are the hard working down to earth guys. We can find high scoring players who are also humble, so perhaps we need a team of Gargans and Canns up front too.

Super Cereal
12-28-2010, 11:57 AM
DeRo = Yashin

BFin
12-28-2010, 11:58 AM
I just hope DeRo knows how to sign resignations too...

TFC/Everton
12-28-2010, 12:02 PM
This ship is sinking................ fast!!!!

mclaren
12-28-2010, 12:04 PM
Don't worry guys, we still have Jurgen as quasi-GM lol

Cashcleaner
12-28-2010, 12:06 PM
I just hope DeRo knows how to sign resignations too...

But doesn't this lead you to think there's more to this than DeRo simply trialling with Celtic without the club's permission? Anyone with half a brain cell would have known they'd be in serious trouble doing so.

mclaren
12-28-2010, 12:08 PM
TFC has treated Dero like it treats the fans - like crap. I'm quite enjoying Dero giving MLSE a taste of their own medicine. Don't necessarily agree with his actions however.

CoachGT
12-28-2010, 12:09 PM
As much as I like De Ro, I have a hard time believing he'd be a lock on a starting position anywhere in europe. He is a free spirited forward/mid that would probably have a hard time fitting into a structured system that wasn't built around him.

I think there is a lot more to this story than is being reported. Just a sneaking suspicion.

amc
12-28-2010, 12:10 PM
I'm a Celtic fan just decided to voice my opinion on this matter.

You can't blame him for wanting to come to Celtic? He's only on £5,250 a week at Toronto - not very big for your 'best and most prized' player..

As well as that comes the chance to show off his worth on the European stage - which some player can only dream of. North American football isn't any where up to the standard of European football. Playing in front of 60,000 fans at Celtic Park is one of the many lures to players.

What I am however concerned about is how the Toronto board deny allowing 'DeRo' a trial at Celtic. Celtic are a established club with great responsibilities and roots and it is not in our nature to tap up players. What I think is more likely to have happened is that there was some sort of rift whether to let the player go or not to Celtic and the decision was given but came under fire from fans so this theory was introduced?

Hopefully nothing illegal happened during this trial..
Your thoughts?

Waggy
TFC has treated Dero like it treats the fans - like crap. I'm quite enjoying Dero giving MLSE a taste of their own medicine. Don't necessarily agree with his actions however.

You mean trading for him after he begged to come here for 2 years, giving him a contract extension/more money, bringing in some of his buddies to play with him, making him the face of the franchise and setting him up with all sorts of advertising opportunities? Ya, I'd hate to be treated like that too

Edit: ^^^ No-one blames him for wanting to go to Celtic. I think everyone would love to see him get transfered there. The issue is that hes trialing without notifying the club despite being under contract for 2 years

Parkdale
TFC has treated Dero like it treats the fans - like crap.

IF dero is gone, I wouldn't hold any of this against him.

Just because the ship is sinking, it doesn't make him a rat for refusing to go down with it.

Parkdale
12-28-2010, 12:12 PM
You mean trading for him after he begged to come here for 2 years,

wait.... what?

he was kinda busy in Houston ... you know... winning trophies.

let's not revise history here, DeRo was luke-warm to coming here in the beginning. He did come, but he sure wasn't begging.

Technorgasm
12-28-2010, 12:12 PM
CELTIC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> tfc

good for you DERO, but please, dont let him LEAVE US!

Glenchen29
12-28-2010, 12:14 PM
WHO CARES!

In a league that owns each player and not the team there is nothing to whine or be surprised about!

:picard:

amc
12-28-2010, 12:15 PM
Oh and his contract runs out at the end of 2011 contrary to many saying he has 2 years to run. Celtic will only pay £100,000 for him no more in my opinion.

deltox
12-28-2010, 12:18 PM
and DERO is now trending on twitter in Canada

BASE
12-28-2010, 12:18 PM
I just can't understand how a player under contract would do this without some sort of permission. Aside from the legal aspects - the insurance/injury implications alone would be simply mind blowing.

A short term loan say until March/April may be both a positive and negative for TFC. Look at Landon last year, no one can argue it didn't improve him heading into the World Cup. That said Landon was burnt out by August/September and basically dead by October/early November.

Carts
12-28-2010, 12:19 PM
If DeRosario went on Trial without TFC permission, I hope this is grounds to void his contract. We didn't pay much to get him and if we get nothing now, I'm o.k. with that.

Ya, get rid of almost half our goals - I'm NOT ok with that...

Carts...

Super Cereal
12-28-2010, 12:19 PM
Just because the ship is sinking, it doesn't make him a rat for refusing to go down with it.

No, but it does with the manner he's doing it in.

Menelaos
12-28-2010, 12:23 PM
No, but it does with the manner he's doing it in.

Again, completely assuming TFC/FO/MLS did not know.
Why is the player the LIAR and not the club?

I don't know who is lying, but I do know everyone (including me to some extend) were really quick to jump on Dero and blame him.

As others have said, would Celtic really be that stupid to accept him on a trial if they didn't know something we don't?!?!

Parkdale
12-28-2010, 12:25 PM
I just can't understand how a player under contract would do this without some sort of permission. Aside from the legal aspects - the insurance/injury implications alone would be simply mind blowing.

and yet, it happens all the time!

when people talk about 'breaking contract' and all that..... it happens every year in sports. There is no contract without a buy-out clause (at least not in sports). The idea that DeRo would continue to play for TFC because a contract he signed with MoJo (that ended up being dishonest from the very start) is laughable.

ManUtd4ever
12-28-2010, 12:25 PM
I don't understand this shortsighted maneuver at all. If DeRo or his agent had considered his life after football they would have simply requested prior approval from management to trial with Celtic. I'm sure TFC would have obliged given that the precedent has been set under similar circumstances in the past.

Now his popularity is plummeting which will have a deterimental affect on his ability to market himself in his hometown after he retires. In the interim, his endorsement deals will be in jeopardy as well. Had he gone about this professionally he could have returned after his retirement and opened up a youth soccer academy in Toronto or something along those lines.

DeRo has now portrayed himself as the villain locally and it won't be forgotten. It's a shame because it didn't need to transpire like this...

Parkdale
12-28-2010, 12:26 PM
I don't know who is lying, but I do know everyone (including me to some extend) were really quick to jump on Dero and blame him.

people feel hurt because of our emotional attachment to the team,

having said that..... our team isn't being run well (understatement) and most of us can see that.

Parkdale
12-28-2010, 12:28 PM
DeRo has now portrayed himself as the villain locally and it won't be forgotten.

But people always forgive the hometown boys, especially when it comes out the part that the big, bad MLSE played in this.

we can hate bosh, carter, turku..... but deep inside, we know that DeRo was being wronged (or at least anyone who's been folowing this team can see it)

Beach_Red
12-28-2010, 12:29 PM

You can't blame him for wanting to come to Celtic? He's only on £5,250 a week at Toronto - not very big for your 'best and most prized' player..

As well as that comes the chance to show off his worth on the European stage - which some player can only dream of. North American football isn't any where up to the standard of European football. Playing in front of 60,000 fans at Celtic Park is one of the many lures to players.

What I am however concerned about is how the Toronto board deny allowing 'DeRo' a trial at Celtic. Celtic are a established club with great responsibilities and roots and it is not in our nature to tap up players. What I think is more likely to have happened is that there was some sort of rift whether to let the player go or not to Celtic and the decision was given but came under fire from fans so this theory was introduced?

Your thoughts?

You probably have a completely different idea of what a team's "board" is than we have at TFC.

El_camino
12-28-2010, 12:30 PM
Yea, it seems with the front office in shambles that there is no chain of command. So im sure he went off on his own. It would be great to see him play at Celtic Park....for a fee.

but mostly, at least he's staying in shape.

Beach_Red
12-28-2010, 12:30 PM
But people always forgive the hometown boys, especially when it comes out the part that the big, bad MLSE played in this.

we can hate bosh, carter, turku..... but deep inside, we know that DeRo was being wronged (or at least anyone who's been folowing this team can see it)

Sure. There's no doubt that if Mo was still the GM here this entire conversation would be completely different.

What we're having trouble with is the idea that Mo was just a small part of a much bigger problem that's still here.

Parkdale
12-28-2010, 12:31 PM
somewhere, Michelle Lissel is happy that this isn't her problem. Good for her.

RedsYNWA
I don't understand this shortsighted maneuver at all. If DeRo or his agent had considered his life after football they would have simply requested prior approval from management to trial with Celtic. I'm sure TFC would have obliged given that the precedent has been set under similar circumstances in the past.

Now his popularity is plummeting which will have a deterimental affect on his ability to market himself in his hometown after he retires. In the interim, his endorsement deals will be in jeopardy as well. Had he gone about this professionally he could have returned after his retirement and opened up a youth soccer academy in Toronto or something along those lines.

DeRo has now portrayed himself as the villain locally and it won't be forgotten. It's a shame because it didn't need to transpire like this...

Bang On

I thought you had class DeRo I guess your an ass and a zero

Super Cereal
Again, completely assuming TFC/FO/MLS did not know.
Why is the player the LIAR and not the club?

Because based off what we know, that is exactly what happened?

Why is the club the liar, when they even posted a press release? If they were lying, that seems like borderline libel, I doubt they'd want to do that.

Assuming the club is lying seems a lot less likely than assuming they didn't know.

ManUtd4ever
12-28-2010, 12:32 PM

I don't blame him at all for wanting to play in Europe. I suspect no one faults him for having those aspirations. If he requested permission and was turned down by TFC management the perception would be totally different. I love DeRo as a player but this stunt is unacceptable and uprecedented...

Roogsy
12-28-2010, 12:33 PM
I don't blame him at all for wanting to play in Europe. I suspect no one faults him for those aspirations. However, if he requested permission and was turned down by TFC management the perception would be totally different. I love DeRo as a player but this stunt is unacceptable and uprecedented...

This is key isn't it?

In the "Cochrane" thread, I asked posters to provide a list of actions required by players to hold trials elsewhere. It would be great if you could add to that discussion so that when the facts come out, we can compare to see whether DeRo acted honestly or dishonestly in this matter.

billyfly
12-28-2010, 12:34 PM
Roogsy has joined the fray. Let's see where this thread goes now.

TFC07
12-28-2010, 12:35 PM
Karma is a bitch! MLSE/TFC deserves this!

ManUtd4ever
12-28-2010, 12:38 PM
This is key isn't it?

In the "Cochrane" thread, I asked posters to provide a list of actions required by players to hold trials elsewhere. It would be great if you could add to that discussion so that when the facts come out, we can compare to see whether DeRo acted honestly or dishonestly in this matter.

If it turns out that DeRo was unable to receive permission to trial with Celtic because of the current state of affairs within the organization I will gladly eat my words. Unfortunately there is no evidence to suggest that any attempt was made by him or his agent to contact TFC front office or MLS...

Menelaos
12-28-2010, 12:39 PM
Because based off what we know, that is exactly what happened?

Why is the club the liar, when they even posted a press release? If they were lying, that seems like borderline libel, I doubt they'd want to do that.

Assuming the club is lying seems a lot less likely than assuming they didn't know.

You are seriously suggesting that the club would not lie? All they have ever done is lie.

Again, I don't know...but neither do you :rolleyes:

I am suggesting caution, because if you are wrong and you are jumping into this that hard...how bad will you look if you are wrong?

BFin
12-28-2010, 12:40 PM
But doesn't this lead you to think there's more to this than DeRo simply trialling with Celtic without the club's permission? Anyone with half a brain cell would have known they'd be in serious trouble doing so.
Honestly, I don't really care at this point.

Give me a team of guys who will just go to work everyday, that is all I ask.

The allure of the TFC drama has long since passed for me.

Beach_Red
12-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Roogsy has joined the fray. Let's see where this thread goes now.

Where's the poll? Shouldn't there be a poll?

I would vote for, "DeRo asked TFC and never heard back from them, so he finally said, fuck it, and went to Glasgow." I hope that's one of the choices.

Suds
This is key isn't it?

It's pretty simple - put in a formal request to the club through and official channel for permission to trail at another club. This would be through an email, letter, or phone call to Earl Cochrane as the acting GM.

If this was done and permission was granted then I have no issue with DeRo. If this was done and permission had not yet been given, or was denied, then there is an issue.

What I'm afraid of is we will be hearing all kinds of statements around misunderstandings of what was said, agreed on, etc., from both sides of this. (time will tell as information comes out)

Pookie
^ lying in print in a way in which could defame a player and his income is not something MLSE would want to get close to. It would cost them money.

Menelaos
12-28-2010, 12:43 PM
^ lying in print in a way in which could defame a player and his income is not something MLSE would want to get close to. It would cost them money.

And if that is what happened, I hope it does cost them $

TFCDP
12-28-2010, 12:45 PM
Honestly, I don't really care at this point.

Give me a team of guys who will just go to work everyday, that is all I ask.

The allure of the TFC drama has long since passed for me.

My feelings exactly

CretanBull
You probably have a completely different idea of what a team's "board" is than we have at TFC.

"Different" in so much as Celtic have a board made up of people who have defined responsibilities and are held accountable for the decisions that they make, and we have...a shaved monkey in a suit with a penchant for making and (recently) admitting mistakes but doesn't do anything meaningfull to fix the problems, but is seen as a genius because he keeps making money?

Beach_Red
It's pretty simple - put in a formal request to the club through and official channel for permission to trail at another club. This would be through an email, letter, or phone call to Earl Cochrane as the acting GM.

If this was done and permission was granted then I have no issue with DeRo. If this was done and permission had not yet been given, or was denied, then there is an issue.

What I'm afraid of is we will be hearing all kinds of statements around misunderstandings of what was said, agreed on, etc., from both sides of this. (time will tell as information comes out)

How long do you wait, though? This team is really acting as though the whole world has stopped. Training camp is weeks away and they seem to be doing nothing.

This is Toronto, there's a line in a song by Rush, something about choosing not to decide is still making a decision.

But yeah, you're probably right, we'll be hearing all kinds of stories about miscommunication and who said what/when and so on.

Pookie
12-28-2010, 12:47 PM

Agreed.

If he asked for permission and was denied, that wouldn't change anything for me.

The Club still holds his rights, he isn't a "free agent" and therefore is still in the wrong to go in spite of his club.

If anything, being denied permission but going anyways (as a Captain, under contract) would be worse than a "misunderstanding" in which he thought he had permission.

In the end, the good news is that TFC will want him sold. He wants to be sold. If the fee is big, they will sell him.

Where he's screwed himself is if Celtic say no to his "skill" or the fee that TFC will want.

There is no coming out of the corner he's opted to paint for himself.

TFCin110
12-28-2010, 12:49 PM

Ya this is where I am at now too. I will afford DeRo the chance to give us his side of the story and then see how I feel. I just hope both sides put this too bed sooner rather than later.

billyfly
12-28-2010, 12:55 PM
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/the-worlds-game/de-rosario-trains-with-celtic-embarrasses-tfc/article1850964/

BFin
12-28-2010, 12:56 PM
How long do you wait, though? This team is really acting as though the whole world has stopped. Training camp is weeks away and they seem to be doing nothing.

This is Toronto, there's a line in a song by Rush, something about choosing not to decide is still making a decision.

But yeah, you're probably right, we'll be hearing all kinds of stories about miscommunication and who said what/when and so on.
LOL @ Rush being used for something profound.

The guy can't even figure out how to get a proper haircut.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/194/446/BostonRedSoxvTorontoBlueJayszjSPnbDMpY6l_display_i mage.jpg?1270916141

tfcmanu
12-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Simple....TFC said NO, DERO said F U I'm going end of story...DEROS agent probably let the league know, However being x-mas break things would be allot slower at MLS headquarters.

Talk with Celtic Supporters:

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?p=22472062#post22472062

Azerban
12-28-2010, 01:03 PM
am i the only one terribly bored by all this

Roogsy
12-28-2010, 01:04 PM
Simple....TFC said NO, DERO said F U I'm going end of story...DEROS agent probably let the league know, However being x-mas break things would be allot slower at MLS headquarters.

Talk with Celtic Supporters:

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?p=22472062#post22472062

Are you saying this is what happened or are you speculating based on the limited info out there so far?

bgnewf
Here is what DeRo's brother is saying in the Toronto Star...

Mark De Rosario,Director of "DeRo Entertainment".

“They were very much aware,...My brother would not just jump on a plane on Boxing Day and go over on a whim.”

Mark said he’s known about Dwayne’s plan for a trial with Celtic for at least three weeks.

“He’s still very much a Toronto FC player. He’s under contract. Obviously Toronto FC has given him consent. He knows he needs to have permission.”

Dwayne intends to join Toronto FC at its training camp in Turkey. In the meantime, playing for Celtic means “top-flight training and exposure.”

http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/mls/t...e-says-tfc?bn=1 (http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/mls/torontofc/article/912820--de-rosario-s-scottish-try-out-a-surprise-says-tfc?bn=1)

Parkdale
wait.... wasn't this whole thing Quashed?

Roogsy
12-28-2010, 01:05 PM

Are you kidding? All this drama? It's like Soap Operas for men. We have to have something to entertain us this week. Lord knows I could care less about the IIHF Junior Championships this week (even though I am going to a game... yawn...)

Beach_Red
12-28-2010, 01:05 PM

Are you kidding? you think this is boring? Have you seen the team play? This is the most excitement they've given us in years.....

BFin
12-28-2010, 01:06 PM

I posted a picture of Geddy Lee...I think we agree...

Suds
12-28-2010, 01:07 PM

yeah, but I'm off this week and this gives me an excuse to not do all the painting I'm supposed to be doing :D

BFin
12-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Are you kidding? All this drama? It's like Soap Operas for men. We have to have something to entertain us this week. Lord knows I could care less about the IIHF Junior Championships this week (even though I am going to a game... yawn...)

Yah, because selfish men being paid decent salaries are much more important than kids giving up their Christmas to represent their Country.

Dero...yawn.

ManUtd4ever
12-28-2010, 01:08 PM
DeRo is the main topic of discussion on the Fan590 right now...

tfcmanu
12-28-2010, 01:09 PM
Are you saying this is what happened or are you speculating based on the limited info out there so far?

as per BGNEWF: Your answer from DEROS brother Mark.:picard:

ere is what DeRo's brother is saying in the Toronto Star...

Mark De Rosario,Director of "DeRo Entertainment".

“They were very much aware,...My brother would not just jump on a plane on Boxing Day and go over on a whim.”

Mark said he’s known about Dwayne’s plan for a trial with Celtic for at least three weeks.

“He’s still very much a Toronto FC player. He’s under contract. Obviously Toronto FC has given him consent. He knows he needs to have permission.”

Dwayne intends to join Toronto FC at its training camp in Turkey. In the meantime, playing for Celtic means “top-flight training and exposure.”

http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/mls/torontofc/article/912820--de-rosario-s-scottish-try-out-a-surprise-says-tfc

Wull
12-28-2010, 01:09 PM

No, this is our club's reputation being further dragged through the mud, if that doesn't illicit an emotional response from people, there's something wrong

Beach_Red
12-28-2010, 01:10 PM
LOL @ Rush being used for something profound.

The guy can't even figure out how to get a proper haircut.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/194/446/BostonRedSoxvTorontoBlueJayszjSPnbDMpY6l_display_i mage.jpg?1270916141

Ha! Well, profound, I don't now... but I do like Peart's books, Ghostrider is very good.

Roogsy
12-28-2010, 01:11 PM
Yah, because selfish men being paid decent salaries are much more important than kids giving up their Christmas to represent their Country.

Dero...yawn.

If DeRo bores you, why then are you in a...wait for it....DeRo thread? :noidea:

Azerban
12-28-2010, 01:11 PM

Dero...yawn.

international hockey; the only good hockey

Super Cereal
12-28-2010, 01:13 PM
international hockey; the only good hockey

Ah, the hockey bashing, another staple of the RPB forums.

ArmenJBX
12-28-2010, 01:14 PM
If he's there for training, good for him.
But if he's going to sign for them and become a Celtic player, this will be a betrayal.
TFC FO is just....so fucked up.

De Rosario better come out soon and say exactly what went down on his end, otherwise things are going to be said that may not be favourable to any party.

Parkdale
12-28-2010, 01:15 PM

I thought all that hockey bashing was quashed a long time ago?

It's a soccer forum, so people will probably put down everything else.

somewhere, on the internet, there's a Honda message board where everyone puts down Volkswagen. that's life

Azerban
12-28-2010, 01:16 PM

hey a bad post another staple of the rpb forums

Roogsy
12-28-2010, 01:17 PM
:lol: True...

I am sure hockey forums are full of putdowns on soccer.

BFin
12-28-2010, 01:17 PM
If DeRo bores you, why then are you in a...wait for it....DeRo thread? :noidea:

Really? You're GOING to a World Jr game....am I flying to watch DeRo trial with Celtic?

Your high horse is waiting outside...

BFin
12-28-2010, 01:18 PM
Huh? There are a lot of hockey fans in RPB. Check out the sports forum, some very good discussion.

jimiv
IF dero is gone, I wouldn't hold any of this against him.

Isn't the captain suppose to go down with the ship?

:facepalm:

Super Cereal
hey a bad post another staple of the rpb forums

You're certainly doing your part.

Huh? There are a lot of hockey fans in RPB.

No doubt, I've had read some great discussions there. The unnecessary and increasingly off topic hockey-bashing seems so petty however.

Pachuco
12-28-2010, 01:19 PM
If he's there for training, good for him.
But if he's going to sign for them and become a Celtic player, this will be a betrayal.
TFC FO is just....so fucked up.

De Rosario better come out soon and say exactly what went down on his end, otherwise things are going to be said that may not be favourable to any party.

Just out of curiousity, did Edu betray TFC?

sulfur
12-28-2010, 01:20 PM
According to Ben Rycroft, the MLS never knew this trial, and Celtic was unaware that it wasn't cleared with them. FYI.

CretanBull
12-28-2010, 01:21 PM
:lol: True...

I am sure hockey forums are full of putdowns on soccer.

Unlike most hockey boards though, our soccer board has an area set up to discuss hockey...Maple Leafs, NHL and World Jrs all active threads everyday.

Roogsy
12-28-2010, 01:21 PM
Really? You're GOING to a World Jr game....am I flying to watch DeRo trial with Celtic?

Your high horse is waiting outside...

Just pointing out the irony. :picard:

BFin
12-28-2010, 01:22 PM
You're certainly doing your part.

No doubt, I've had read some great discussions there. The unnecessary and increasingly off topic hockey-bashing seems so petty however.

To be fair, this is the Toronto FC forum, so people aren't really expected to post about hockey. I wouldn't let it wind you up...

BFin
12-28-2010, 01:22 PM
Just pointing out the irony. :picard:

And I the hypocrisy...

Carts
12-28-2010, 01:23 PM
yeah, but I'm off this week and this gives me an excuse to not do all the painting I'm supposed to be doing :D

Were you "painting" at Scallywags yesterday...??? :D

Roogsy
12-28-2010, 01:24 PM
And I the hypocrisy...

Why hypocrisy? I got tickets for free. I am not doing anything so I am taking a friend who is interested as a favour to him. Where is the hypocrisy?

Super Cereal
According to Ben Rycroft, the MLS never knew this trial, and Celtic was unaware that it wasn't cleared with them. FYI.

Looking worse and worse for DeRo.

Suds
Were you "painting" at Scallywags yesterday...??? :D

drowning sorrows at Scallys yesterday ... both my soccer teams suck right now :(

Blowing Bubbles

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2482/3811055786_b51d292cde.jpg

scooterTFC
12-28-2010, 01:27 PM
The optics of the situation certainly look nasty for Dero but I suspect there is more to this story then we are seeing or hearing. I doubt Celtic would risk sanctions for tampering just so they can chase the prize of a little known, 32 year old Canadian winger/forward.

Both Dero and the club have history of bad/questionable decisions and conduct. I think we should withold judgment on both parties until more information is available.

I suspect that in the end we will learn that both parties have been behaving badly behind the scenes.

Does anyone really believe the club's statement today? Were they entirely unaware of Dere's interest in training/trialling with Celtic? I don't beleive that for one second and neither should any of you. They're simplying assuming this public position to strengthen their legal leverage behind the scenes, so they can force Celtic to withdraw its participation in the matter.

Azerban
12-28-2010, 01:27 PM

v. interested in roogsy's info now, since that sort of blows out all of his conditions

BFin
12-28-2010, 01:28 PM
Why hypocrisy? I got tickets for free. I am not doing anything so I am taking a friend who is interested as a favour to him. Where is the hypocrisy?
You said the World Jr's are boring, and are crossing the border to go see them.

I said Dero's act is boring, and you facepalmed me and and asked why I was in a thread.

I am doing less work than you to partake in something I find boring, yet you criticized me...that would be hypocritical sir.

Parkdale
12-28-2010, 01:30 PM
Isn't the captain suppose to go down with the ship?

:facepalm:

actually, it's called a 'lifeboat' and most ships have them.

Roogsy
12-28-2010, 01:32 PM
You said the World Jr's are boring, and are crossing the border to go see them.

I said Dero's act is boring, and you facepalmed me and and asked why I was in a thread.

I am doing less work than you to partake in something I find boring, yet you criticized me...that would be hypocritical sir.

I am actually not crossing the border to see the game, I am crossing it to have a fun night with the boys. There will be wings and beer pre and post game. That is where my interest lies, therefore no hypocrisy. I suppose the same can be said for you. So if DeRo is not what you find interesting in this thread, what is that it merits your time?

Super Cereal
actually, it's called a 'lifeboat' and most ships have them.

Somebody didn't see Titanic... :D

Pookie
Does anyone really believe the club's statement today? Were they entirely unaware of Dere's interest in training/trialling with Celtic? I don't beleive that for one second and neither should any of you. They're simplying assuming this public position to strengthen their legal leverage behind the scenes, so they can force Celtic to withdraw its participation in the matter.

Being "aware" and giving permission are 2 different things.

He may have approached them, they said no and as far as they are concerned... since they have the player under contract... this is a dead issue.

They would be correct in saying that they were unaware that DeRo wanted to continue this pursuit.

BFin
12-28-2010, 01:34 PM
I am actually not crossing the border to see the game, I am crossing it to have a fun night with the boys. There will be wings and beer pre and post game. That is where my interest lies, therefore no hypocrisy. I suppose the same can be said for you. So if DeRo is not what you find interesting in this thread, what is that it merits your time?

One word: Parkdale.

Justify it however you want man.

amc
12-28-2010, 01:34 PM

Your opinion is based solely on speculation - your'e basically just making up a reason for him training with Celtic as there is no solid evidence to back this up.

Stupid in all honesty.

Super Cereal
12-28-2010, 01:35 PM

He may have approached them, they said no and as far as they are concerned... since they have the player under contract... this is a dead issue.

They would be correct in saying that they were unaware that DeRo wanted to continue this pursuit.

In which case DeRo is still in the wrong.

And with the news that MLS was also unaware, it'll be tough to see DeRo's side of things.

Roogsy
12-28-2010, 01:36 PM
One word: Parkdale.

Justify it however you want man.

I understand completely. He angers me too. :drum:

bgnewf
12-28-2010, 01:37 PM
Someone is lying.

And no matter who it is at this point DeRo's brother coming out to publicly state that they feel that it is TFC doing the lying is definitely going to be a huge hurdle to overcome. It is statements like this that poison the relationship between player and club.

The longer this goes on the more and more unlikely it is that DrRo will ever be back IMHO

wzhxvy
12-28-2010, 01:38 PM
The only positive in this situation is that our club is linked at least in a dubious way to a respectable club such as Celtic.

Parkdale
I think he was saying that he loves me... more than Dero, and much more than hockey.

(directed at roogs and bfin)

tfcmanu
Listening to 590 The Fan Somebody mentions Jimmy Brennan knew about him going to Celtic on trial, However Cochrane had no idea something SMELLS!

ManUtd4ever
12-28-2010, 01:39 PM
Best case scenario for all parties involved at this point is DeRo impresses the coaching staff at Celtic and TFC agrees to a moderate transfer fee. There is no chance of reconciliation now so TFC must start looking for his replacement which won't be easy...

Parkdale
12-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Listening to 590 The Fan Somebody mentions Jimmy Brennan knew about him going to Celtic on trial, However Cochrane had no idea something SMELLS!

so now we have a power struggle between Brennan and Cochrane?

and the plot thins.....

Roogsy
Someone is lying.

And no matter who it is at this point DeRo's brother coming out to publicly state that they feel that it is TFC doing the lying is definitely going to be a huge hurdle to overcome. It is statements like this that poison the relationship between player and club.

The longer this goes on the more and more unlikely it is that DrRo will ever be back IMHO

Maybe Earl should have thought of that before throwing DeRo under the bus. My sources tell me TFC has had DeRo's trial request for WEEKS. Even without considering the approval issue, this at the very least calls into question Earl's statement that they were not "aware" of this trial opportunity does it not?

At this point I don't think it's a secret that the relationship is poisoned. The question here is who is to blame for this? Is it the player who produces and demands more money or the organization that consistently sells out and betrays it's most popular players? Who has the more trustworthy track record? DeRo might be arrogant or demanding, but when has he lied to anyone?

sully
This all goes to show that Toronto FC is a shambles...no GM, coach...captain going off on his own...half a team in place with the season coming...shite. As far ad I'm concerned, DeRo can go play with Columbus at this point and I'd prefer it to him playing here..

Nuvinho
12-28-2010, 01:41 PM
^ Duane just tweeted that the information on the fan590 may be incorrect.

Beach_Red
12-28-2010, 01:42 PM

Yeah, smells like MLSE always smells....

Of course, this also gives everyone a pretty good out. Simple miscommunication, blame holiday schedules, no one's wrong, everyone's happy.

Cashcleaner
12-28-2010, 01:43 PM

So would jetting off across the ocean to train with a team outside your current league without permission.

We're being lied to, but it could be from any of the parties involved.

Super Cereal
12-28-2010, 01:43 PM
Maybe Earl should have thought of that before throwing DeRo under the bus. My sources tell me TFC has had DeRo's trial request for WEEKS. Even without considering the approval issue, this at the very least calls into question Earl's statement that they were not "aware" of this trial opportunity does it not?

First of all, Earl hasn't thrown DeRo under the bus.

Secondly, no it does not. If Toronto FC never approved of the trial, I highly doubt they expected DeRo to just go ahead anyways. Sounds like DeRo took it on himself to go anyways, without the team's blessing.

Doesn't look good for DeRo.

Roogsy
12-28-2010, 01:44 PM
This all goes to show that Toronto FC is a shambles...no GM, coach...captain going off on his own...half a team in place with the season coming...shite. As far ad I'm concerned, DeRo can go play with Columbus at this point and I'd prefer it to him playing here..

Why? Other than the gesture, what exactly has DeRo done wrong that we'd want him gone?

scooterTFC
12-28-2010, 01:44 PM

Exacltly they are clearly playing word games. In issuing the statement the club chose to say, "unaware" instead of saying, "TFC had denied the player's request for a trial". Using "Unaware" makes the club look innocent and makes Dero/Cetlic look bad. This clearly spin. Hence my suggestion that we all wait before judging. In the end I think we will probably find is that the relationship between the club and the player has gone sour and that both are in the wrong. Write now I think it would be naive to pass judgment soely on two statements from the club this is clearly on one side of the issue.

Roogsy
12-28-2010, 01:45 PM
First of all, Earl hasn't thrown DeRo under the bus.

Secondly, no it does not. If Toronto FC never approved of the trial, I highly doubt they expected DeRo to just go ahead anyways. Sounds like DeRo took it on himself to go anyways, without the team's blessing.

Doesn't look good for DeRo.

You are making conclusions here Super Cereal. First of all, if my sources are accurate, then TFC has had DeRo's trial request for WEEKS. So can you explain to me why Earl would say he was "unaware"? If my source is accurate (and I have no reason to disbelieve him) then the trial request was at TFC and Earl is either lying or he is incompetent for not knowing what is going on. Either way, neither of these situations is DeRo's fault.

And second, what makes you think DeRo did not have permission that he would "go ahead anyways"?

CretanBull
12-28-2010, 01:45 PM

At this point I don't think it's a secret that the relationship is poisoned. The question here is who is to blame for this? Is it the player who produces and demands more money or the organization that consistently sells out and betrays it's most popular players? Who has the more trustworthy track record? DeRo might be arrogant or demanding, but when has he lied to anyone?

The idea of DeRo going to Celtic was raised here awhile ago...how is it possible that we knew about it and TFC's front office didn't? I don't want to acusse anyone of lying, but...

Super Cereal
12-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Why? Other than the gesture, what exactly has DeRo done wrong that we'd want him gone?

Publicly whined about his contract, no? Ridiculous behaviour for any player, especially a captain and supposed leader.

Roogsy
12-28-2010, 01:48 PM
The idea of DeRo going to Celtic was raised here awhile ago...how is it possible that we knew about it and TFC's front office didn't? I don't want to acusse anyone of lying, but...

*touches nose*

Really? The fans are more informed than the FO? And nobody thinks this would be odd?

Parkdale
My sources tell me TFC has had DeRo's trial request for WEEKS.

and that's what the Star is running with too.

here's a thought - Freddie L'Berg - you can only assume that he was on roughly the same schedule as dero

Suds
You are making conclusions here Super Cereal. First of all, if my sources are accurate, then TFC has had DeRo's trial request for WEEKS. So can you explain to me why Earl would say he was "unaware"? If my source is accurate (and I have no reason to disbelieve him) then the trial request was at TFC and Earl is either lying or he is incompetent for not knowing what is going on. Either way, neither of these situations is DeRo's fault.

And second, what makes you think DeRo did not have permission that he would "go ahead anyways"?

Roogsy - Out of curiosity. How was the formal request given to TFC and to whom was it given?

Beach_Red
12-28-2010, 01:49 PM
Publicly whined about his contract, no? Ridiculous behaviour for any player, especially a captain and supposed leader.

Maybe, but he was always public about it. It was the team that told us things like Dichio couldn't fly because of a concussion and that it was the league that told Carver he couldn't sit in the press box and on and on.... We thought that kind of thing would be over now, but it seems like it's not.

Roogsy

Ok...but have players in all sports not done worse and still received support?

Yeah it was a bit childish what he did. We can't move on that we'd wish him a move to our worst enemies Columbus?

So you're saying he could score 50 goals and we'd still hate him because he complained about his money? Is he the first player ever to do so? And does he not have a case? I mean we're not talking about Garcia asking for half a mill from the team.

At what point are we going to get over this? How exactly is what he did so unforgivable?

Super Cereal
You are making conclusions here Super Cereal. First of all, if my sources are accurate, then TFC has had DeRo's trial request for WEEKS. So can you explain to me why Earl would say he was "unaware"?

Let me explain.

DeRo's party sends a trial request. TFC had it but does not grant permission. Does Toronto FC think DeRo is going to go ahead anyways without their permission? I highly doubt it. Therefore, they are unaware that he was going to trial with Celtic. Seems pretty cut and dry.

I think that's the very issue at hand. Let's see: Based off the news article from yesterday and the press release today, I don't think Cochrane gave permission. Unless you really believe Cochrane wanted to make himself look dumb and to sour the relationship with the team captain, which I find a stretch. Now according to Rycroft MLS was also unaware, as was Celtic of the MLS' unawareness.

I don't think it's a leap.

Ok...but have players in all sports not done worse and still received support?

Have players who have done the same not received criticism? DeRo is supposed to be the leader of this team and eh has shown more than once he can be a selfish individual.

adam1001
12-28-2010, 01:53 PM

Your thoughts?
Sorry but the SPL is hardly a better league than this one. I really have no clue who is at fault here, so im reserving judgement until we get more information.

Parkdale
12-28-2010, 01:53 PM
Maybe, but he was always public about it. It was the team that told us things like Dichio couldn't fly because of a concussion and that it was the league that told Carver he couldn't sit in the press box and on and on.... We thought that kind of thing would be over now, but it seems like it's not.

and the biggest lie ever.... $5 beers!

Pookie
12-28-2010, 01:54 PM

All depends on how you define "aware."

TFC could have been aware of the trial request and said no. Clearly, MLS League Office knows nothing of it according to De Vos.

By saying no, it's a dead issue as far as they are concerned. They own the player's contract. He can't.. or shouldn't.. go without permission. They weren't "aware" that he wanted to press it further.

Honestly, it smells dirty and the stink could lead back to the agent IMO

Since we are talking trustworthiness, didn't DeRo demand and then sign a contract extension with Houston that would see him paid through 2010? Previously, he was angling for his contract to be torn up and acquire DP status?

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2007/07/09/mls-dynamo-derosario.html

Ahh hell, let's just go with the expert in bgnewf's review as we consider Dwayne's "Trustworthiness"

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2010/10/no-go-for-de-ro/

tfcmanu
12-28-2010, 01:55 PM
I think TFC are still trying to sell Tix and DERO made the request a while back so TFC did not approve the move and he went to Scotland anyways....Who Knows!!!

Cashcleaner
12-28-2010, 01:56 PM

THIS.

I don't buy the claim that this is some shocking new development for the FO.

Pookie
12-28-2010, 01:58 PM
^ If you've told a player no, you do not have permission and they still go... is that not a shocking development?

TFCin110
12-28-2010, 01:59 PM
I guess it's less a question of did the FO know and more a question of did they approve the trial. I hope DeRo got it in writing or on tape if they did.

Parkdale
12-28-2010, 01:59 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_s4Rsu3-FEK4/TRLqZ1lj0uI/AAAAAAAAKfY/vaBXqpwyhyQ/s1600/closed-sign-smer.jpg