PDA

View Full Version : Disappointment

calvo2612
12-25-2010, 10:16 PM
Is anyone disappointment about this off season?
I thought with jurge there would some news..any news.but nothing
The guy is going to take the money and run..run..run..
How long has he been the consulted? Nothing
:scarf:

billyfly
12-25-2010, 10:24 PM
Disappointment: My parole offcer tel me if I miss disappointment he
gonna kill me

Shakes McQueen
12-25-2010, 10:27 PM
There still what? Three months of the off-season left?

Let's wait until the team hires a new manager and/or GM, then see what that guy does, then declare the off-season a disappointment.

Kooper
12-25-2010, 10:54 PM
OH man are we already going through this? All that is left is for someone to post an ultimatum that they are going to get rid of their season tickets if something does or doesn't happen.

There are three months left before the season starts and I think we can all agree that after many years of rushed decisions we want a well planned off season. If it becomes the 1st of march and there is no coach, GM or new signing then we can get upset.

TFC USA
12-25-2010, 11:08 PM
There's 3 months left before our next disappointment.

DangerRed
12-25-2010, 11:23 PM
I'm nervous too. But the clock hasn't yet ticked past the point of no return.

razor787
12-25-2010, 11:27 PM
If there isnt anyone in place by the draft, then be worried. Nothing to be worried about yet. Im actually happy nothing has happened, since that shows work is being done, and not just TFC hiring the first guy that applies (again)

prizby
12-25-2010, 11:37 PM
If there isnt anyone in place by the draft, then be worried. Nothing to be worried about yet. Im actually happy nothing has happened, since that shows work is being done, and not just TFC hiring the first guy that applies (again)

i would have liked to see somoene in place by the combine; to actual evaluate the "talent" in the draft

then again, i was heard there isn't much outhere in the draft

Brooker
12-25-2010, 11:41 PM
I dread the off season and all of its depression. no disappointment here because there is never anything to look forward to.

CretanBull
12-25-2010, 11:42 PM
It's not time to panic, but the clock is ticking...the draft is in two and half weeks and the team heads to Turkey in a month. Even if a GM is hired tomorrow, that doesn't give him much time to hire a coach (should we expect Daso to stay on?), prepare for the draft - at this point how do we know what our needs are ? - and sign enough players to even have a bare minimum roster ready for pre-season in Turkey.

It already looks like we're going to be rushing around at the last minute, signing players based on them being available (rather than wanting them), bringing in players on trial - not to get a final look at them, but rather a first look - and rush every decision that has to be made.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Auzzy
12-25-2010, 11:53 PM
Disappointment: My parole offcer tel me if I miss disappointment he

gonna kill me

^ Love it, POTD or perhaps POTW.

BTW, I think Parkdale's should be the official panic thread. For greatest effect, all panic & disappointment should be bundled & concentrated in that thread, for maximum panic-inducing potency.

billyfly
12-25-2010, 11:54 PM
http://www.greaterfool.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/landing.jpg

razor787
12-25-2010, 11:56 PM
call me crazy, but I have a feeling we will have something named by friday

Shakes McQueen
12-26-2010, 02:00 AM
It's not time to panic, but the clock is ticking...the draft is in two and half weeks and the team heads to Turkey in a month. Even if a GM is hired tomorrow, that doesn't give him much time to hire a coach (should we expect Daso to stay on?), prepare for the draft - at this point how do we know what our needs are ? - and sign enough players to even have a bare minimum roster ready for pre-season in Turkey.

It already looks like we're going to be rushing around at the last minute, signing players based on them being available (rather than wanting them), bringing in players on trial - not to get a final look at them, but rather a first look - and rush every decision that has to be made.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

The clock has always been ticking - as you said, the point is that we aren't at the point of panic yet, let alone disappointment.

I'd like a GM in place by the draft, and a coach (if we are still going to have both positions), relatively soon after that.

- Scott

jloome
12-26-2010, 02:37 AM
The clock has always been ticking - as you said, the point is that we aren't at the point of panic yet, let alone disappointment.

I'd like a GM in place by the draft, and a coach (if we are still going to have both positions), relatively soon after that.

- Scott

That quote's interesting, albeit flawed. Confrontation isn't the source of all progress, conflict is. Subtle difference. Loved his last one though.

Shakes McQueen
12-26-2010, 03:05 AM
That quote's interesting, albeit flawed. Confrontation isn't the source of all progress, conflict is. Subtle difference. Loved his last one though.

I think in the context of Hitchens' quote, "confrontation" essentially is supposed to mean conflict. Hence the next line about heat and light - heat refers to conflict.

I agree though, it's a great quote. I don't agree with all of Hitchens' views, but the man is a master wordsmith.

- Scott

menefreghista
12-26-2010, 08:32 AM

2 months and 20 days. But who's counting? :D

Flipityflu
12-26-2010, 10:24 AM
well, its three months till the begining of the season...but 6 weeks till training camp, which is the real benchmark for when things should be done by...if you had a proper organization.

calvo2612
12-26-2010, 10:27 AM
the people that are here are the ones that are going to lead this team...
lets watch vancouver and then montreal make the play=offs before this team will...
toronto fans deserve a lot more than toronto teams are giving us

LesH
12-26-2010, 10:31 AM
Is anyone disappointment about this off season?
I thought with jurge there would some news..any news.but nothing
The guy is going to take the money and run..run..run..
How long has he been the consulted? Nothing
:scarf:

This is a lot more valid today like when I posted it:
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=25768

LesH
12-26-2010, 10:34 AM
call me crazy, but I have a feeling we will have something named by friday

You forgot to mention which Friday:
The next one, the one after the next one, 2 weeks after the next one, or 3 weeks after the next one? :D

LesH
12-26-2010, 10:39 AM
http://www.greaterfool.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/landing.jpg

I pity the lady in the black bathing suit... she's going to be washed away by the terrific splash this guy's gonna make! :violin:

Alixir
12-26-2010, 11:38 AM
For all those who say we still have 3 months till the start of the season.....
I remember last year when there were 3 months till the start of the season...then 2 months...then 1 month, then the season started and we still did not have a full team.
At least we had a coach around this time last year. This year is already looking like last.

ensco
12-26-2010, 12:06 PM
My feeling: look before you leap, but remember, he who hesitates is lost.

LesH
12-26-2010, 01:56 PM
My feeling: look before you leap, but remember, he who hesitates is lost.

lol, is the same guy in your avatar who jumps above in the swimming pool?

[NBF]
12-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Boooooooooo Hoooooooooo..........................

http://media.mmgdailies.topscms.com/images/f8/16/46ce5e104a4abaeb59248213d811.jpeg

ensco
12-27-2010, 09:06 AM
lol, is the same guy in your avatar who jumps above in the swimming pool?

my avatar is Burke eating waffles, a lot of waffles

Shway
12-28-2010, 02:58 AM

Let's wait until the team hires a new manager and/or GM, then see what that guy does, then declare the off-season a disappointment.

There is a strong difference between the OFF-SEASON, and PRE-SEASON.

We are currently in the off season, and as of right now, i agree that it is a disappointment....

however there is a "few" [weeks] (not months) left, till the team starts training again, which is the beginning of pre season.

Juanito
12-28-2010, 11:23 AM
What I fear is that we will ONCE AGAIN go into pre-season with a mish-mash squad and no real plan for the upcoming season.

We will ONCE AGAIN be flying by the seats of our pants.

WE will ONCE AGAIN be set-up for failure.

Makes me want to cry, but I just don't have the energy for it. TFC has to respond very soon to avoid another disastrous season. I will give them till January 31st. I will give them the benefit of the doubt that they are working something in the transfer window.

BFin
12-28-2010, 11:57 AM
I honestly didn't understand that people were upset/disappointed in this off-season, until this was created. Kudos.

trane
12-30-2010, 08:30 AM
^ For all the reasons EL Juan pointed out.

J .
12-30-2010, 11:44 AM
There is a strong difference between the OFF-SEASON, and PRE-SEASON.

We are currently in the off season, and as of right now, i agree that it is a disappointment....

however there is a "few" [weeks] (not months) left, till the team starts training again, which is the beginning of pre season.

Exactly.

And because of that I really think this is bullshit bushleague off season for this team. In desperate need of leadership, we have gotten nothing.

Technorgasm
12-30-2010, 12:13 PM
that we didnt tkae Juan Pablo Angel?

ya

me too.