PDA

View Full Version : Concessions Suggestion

mclaren
12-24-2010, 02:13 PM
I will not be there for the 2011 season due to being priced out, but they should look into purchasing one of these to help with line-ups:

wiu_IX14wLI

Flint
12-24-2010, 02:27 PM
wow whaaat?? haha thats sweet!

Hustle
12-24-2010, 02:44 PM
Christmas Came early for Hustle!!! That is one of the coolest things I have seen all year.

swan
12-24-2010, 02:45 PM
thats crazy

deltox
12-24-2010, 02:50 PM
awesome....no foaming heads as well

djking2
12-24-2010, 03:11 PM
Extremely cool

I hesitate to think of what this brings to drinking contests though !

Brooker
12-24-2010, 03:18 PM
that was exciting. i think it moved...

Suds
12-24-2010, 03:24 PM
that's pretty cool

Sullivan
12-24-2010, 03:45 PM
There's a pair of magnets in the bottom of the cup.

Very minor seepage, much like how condensation forms on a window in the winter.

Serving staff loved it. Cups are expensive.

CretanBull
12-24-2010, 06:22 PM
Those cups are expensive cups and there's no way the cost wouldn't be passed along to us - the beer is already massively over priced at BMO.

razor787
12-24-2010, 06:34 PM
Was just going to say that. Beers would go up another dollar or so. I'm fine with the lines, that thing won't help that much

uncle p
12-24-2010, 07:21 PM
MAN!! 16 beers in 1 minute 9 seconds!!!

Im flagging this thread and plan on researching BMO's beer attendants on how long it takes them to pour 16 brews!!! stay tuned!! results will be published in mid to late April!!!

Looking for 1 (possibly 2) research partners to conduct beer pouring tests, qualified applicants must be open to, and willing to subject themselves to all alcohol related buffoonery. Please respond to this thread if interested!!!

(yes, i will take 16 & 32oz cups into consideration)

deltox
12-24-2010, 07:29 PM
go to the companies web site......they did 44 beers in just over a minute

Dave67
12-24-2010, 07:39 PM
Those cups are expensive cups and there's no way the cost wouldn't be passed along to us - the beer is already massively over priced at BMO.

So you're saying this won't get us down to the magic $5 beer?

mclaren
12-24-2010, 07:46 PM

If they can serve beers faster though, won't that mean more sales. I think some people get frustrated waiting and go back to their seats.

CretanBull
12-24-2010, 07:54 PM
^ Of course you're right, but do you really think that MLSE will see it that way? I can't see them trading up front costs for volume sales when they could just pass the buck onto us - and maybe even cash in on novelty sales.

Milky
12-24-2010, 08:39 PM
I don't understand how this is possible! The server must be a witch and the beers have been poured using black magic. It's the only plausible explanation!

TFC Bhoy
12-24-2010, 10:09 PM
MAN!! 16 beers in 1 minute 9 seconds!!!

Im flagging this thread and plan on researching BMO's beer attendants on how long it takes them to pour 16 brews!!! stay tuned!! results will be published in mid to late April!!!

Looking for 1 (possibly 2) research partners to conduct beer pouring tests, qualified applicants must be open to, and willing to subject themselves to all alcohol related buffoonery. Please respond to this thread if interested!!!

(yes, i will take 16 & 32oz cups into consideration)
count me in! if we have to test this over and over again to make sure we get it right, im willing to put in the hard work!:drinking:

jvanpeebles
12-24-2010, 11:48 PM

the cost of draft is significantly cheaper then can or bottle though so you would think it would be a wash.

CretanBull
12-25-2010, 02:05 AM
^We're not talking about draft vs. cans or bottles, but draft in a standard (cheap) cup vs. draft in a more expensive cup that would allow them to serve people more quickly.

Hustle
12-25-2010, 07:27 AM
I wonder how much of the cost of the cup is. I doubt it is fully offset by the sponsorship possibilities involved with the magnet. The fact the system recoups alot of beer by avoiding spillage and increasing sales is probably a much bigger factor in justifying the cost of the cups.

What's gets to me is throwing away these expensive plastic and magnet glasses after every beer! That has got to have a huge environmental impact.

There is a way to improve on their system.... Any RPB's know anything about patent law?

Kooper
12-25-2010, 10:03 AM

You are hiliarous Cretan. I love your dry sarcasm. Of course we would pay more. It would be roped in with a "Weeell.. we haven't raised concession prices in two years so..."

The machine is true genius.

My suggestion for concessions next year would be to move Smoke's Poutinery down to the south end. 15 minutes is not enough time to go from the south to the north end to get a nice and greasy poutine.

uncle p
12-25-2010, 11:20 AM
count me in! if we have to test this over and over again to make sure we get it right, im willing to put in the hard work!:drinking:

Your in!!
Agreed, accuracy is the key!!! I dont care if it takes us 15 home matches!! we will get it right!!

AL-MO
12-26-2010, 12:16 PM
I don't understand how this is possible! The server must be a witch and the beers have been poured using black magic. It's the only plausible explanation!

LOL mind blowing!

:drinking: