PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Thursday,Dec.23

denime
12-23-2010, 06:58 AM
Mornin'

Boys and girls next 7 days I will have limited aces to Internet,in case you don't see "Today's News" thread by 8:30am fell free to open up one and post all news there.

MARRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR

State Of Canadian Soccer Pt. 1 (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/12/state-canadian-soccer-pt-1)

Canada bids on women's World Cup (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/canada-bids-on-womens-world-cup/article1847864/)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

Batman
12-23-2010, 07:44 AM
Merry Christmas D. Have a great break, and thanks again for all the effort.

FluSH
12-23-2010, 08:11 AM
Merry Christmas and Prosperous New Year D!

Ageroo
12-23-2010, 08:18 AM
Meery Christmas and have a good time off......limited access to internet can be a good thing from this board sometimes :)

[NBF]
12-23-2010, 08:59 AM
Landon Donovan Files For Divorce:

After nearly four years of marriage, Landon Donovan has filed for divorce from Bianca Kajlich citing irreconcilable differences. During their marriage they were separated for one year, however the L.A. Galaxy forward officially filed divorce papers on Tuesday. Landon is seeking spousal support and legal fees from Bianca.

Ha Ha Ha, who didn't see this coming?

Landon is seeking spousal support and legal fees from Bianca.

More reason to give DeRosario some money, Toronto is expensive:D .....Divorce is expensive:rolleyes:

WestStandGeoff
12-23-2010, 09:19 AM
Can anyone translate the tattoos on today's SSG? Looks like it might be German...

Chevy
12-23-2010, 09:22 AM
^^ I can. It says "Chevy was Here".

tfcleeds
12-23-2010, 09:26 AM
Can anyone translate the tattoos on today's SSG? Looks like it might be German...

Calling AC Sertl, werewolf, etc.

Fraulein is pretty yummy though.

Wagner
12-23-2010, 09:37 AM
Denime,
your work is super valuable.
probably every single person that comes to the Message Board hits up your news threads.
They mean a lot to a lot of people.
Thanks for continuing to get up and do them every single morning.

MartinUtd
12-23-2010, 10:33 AM
So are we going to class it down a notch and rip him for his personal problems? I'm not sure where supporter etiquette is on that one (if at all).

keem-o-sabi
12-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Coed girls 1 (http://coedmagazine.com/2010/12/16/66-women-who-wowed-2010/) and 2 (http://coedmagazine.com/2010/12/20/page-3-christmas-girls-58-photos/)

Merry Christmas!

boban
12-23-2010, 10:36 AM
... the tattoos on today's SSG? ...
:facepalm:

Shway
12-23-2010, 10:49 AM
Thanks D for posting the news (where there is)

2 days till Christmas, and still no signs of a coach

......i just want some news to read

werewolf
12-23-2010, 10:54 AM
Barca vs. Manchester U. at FedEx Field in July.

werewolf
12-23-2010, 10:55 AM

I can't really read it, like the font. I think I need closer inspection :noidea:

werewolf
12-23-2010, 11:04 AM
Barca vs. Manchester U. at FedEx Field in July.

Barca-Manchester, July 30, DC.
Barca-Milan, Aug 3, Miami.
Barca-Club America, Aug 6, Dallas.

J .
12-23-2010, 11:33 AM
Thanks for posting the news!

scooter
12-23-2010, 11:43 AM
mornin d

hope you have a merry xmas and enjoy your break from the boards
its the only thread i check everyday and i appreciate your efforts for all the rpb's

rocker
12-23-2010, 11:49 AM
didn't see this elsewhere, but Chivas is hiring Juan Carlos Osorio as coach.
What a shitty signing for them. He was gifted Blanco in Chicago but really didn't get them anywhere. Then he took NYRB to one of the worst finishes in the history of MLS.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/soccer/news/story?id=5949225

Roogsy
12-23-2010, 11:51 AM
Cute SSG but completely ruined by those ridiculous tats.

Whoop
12-23-2010, 11:54 AM
Can't the Sun find a SSG without ridiculous tattoos these days?

I know it's practically impossible to find one without tattoos these days but some of the girls lately... wow.

ACSertL
12-23-2010, 11:57 AM

:lol: I couldn't really make it out.

As Travis said...would need further inspection :)

Roogsy
12-23-2010, 11:57 AM
I dunno who is telling these girls it's sexy to have all these tattoos. It seems "sexy" is the equivalent of "skanky" now. No thanks. A couple of well placed subtle tattoos I don't mind, but lately, it's all about how close you can come to resembling a crack whore. Maybe it's the new "heroin chique"?

Darlofletch
12-23-2010, 12:32 PM
I can't really read it, like the font. I think I need closer inspection :noidea:

:lol: I couldn't really make it out.

As Travis said...would need further inspection :)

alright, Jürgen, here's a way you can earn your consultant money.

mastermixer
12-23-2010, 12:43 PM
I dunno who is telling these girls it's sexy to have all these tattoos. It seems "sexy" is the equivalent of "skanky" now. No thanks. A couple of well placed subtle tattoos I don't mind, but lately, it's all about how close you can come to resembling a crack whore. Maybe it's the new "heroin chique"?

Yeah... it's chique until 30 years from now they are all walking around wrinkly and tatted.

TFCRegina
12-23-2010, 01:00 PM

Sorry Roogs, that's not even worth calling Skanky. It just looks Retarded. The Tattoos are not well placed, not readable, and quite frankly, not even cool looking.

tfcleeds
12-23-2010, 01:02 PM
Robbie Findley signs for Forest:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/nottm_forest/9309365.stm

maninb
12-23-2010, 01:57 PM
Best SSG I've seen in a while....not crazy about the ink, but what a body!!! Aye carumba!!!

Mojo
12-23-2010, 02:14 PM
I think someone went to town on photoshop and put one girls face on another girls body. Todays SSG just doesnt match up.

gtaguy
12-23-2010, 02:14 PM
didn't see this elsewhere, but Chivas is hiring Juan Carlos Osorio as coach.
What a shitty signing for them. He was gifted Blanco in Chicago but really didn't get them anywhere. Then he took NYRB to one of the worst finishes in the history of MLS.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/soccer/news/story?id=5949225

First off this news is pure BS and its not going to happen..
He is not a shit coach. Coaches have ups and downs we see it all the time.

Just this past Sunday He Crowned my cities futbol team back in the old country CHAMPIONS. Had a run of 16 games unbeaten.

Osorio will not leave where he is becuase he has earned the chance to play in "COPA LIBERTADORES " The worlds oldest club championship, Its as big an honour as the world cup.. pic below shows the proof

http://www.lapatria.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/lapatria_lo_mas_destacado/OSORIO%20PRIMERA.jpg

Oh yeah he did this in a whole whopping 1 year at the helm...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw4S1LAEeVM&feature=player_embedded (video is in spanish)

Pigfynn
12-23-2010, 02:33 PM

Just this past Sunday He Crowned my cities futbol team back in the old country CHAMPIONS. Had a run of 16 games unbeaten.

Osorio will not leave where he is becuase he has earned the chance to play in "COPA LIBERTADORES " The worlds oldest club championship, Its as big an honour as the world cup.. pic below shows the proof

)

Ah, where do you get that from?

from wiki :The FA Cup was first held in 1871–72 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1871%E2%80%9372_FA_Cup), and is the oldest association football (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_football) competition in the world.[ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Cup#cite_note-0)

rocker
12-23-2010, 02:48 PM

So what? Colombia ain't MLS.
His MLS record includes coaching one of the worst teams ever in MLS.

He also had DPs on both his MLS teams and achieved just about nothing beyond barely making the playoffs. Even NYRB and Chicago fans don't want him back. He fluked his way into MLS cup with a team that barely made the playoffs and had a lot of luck in the playoffs.

The word on Osorio from MLS fans is that he's a smart tactician but overthinks things, putting players in the wrong positions and playing a boring defensive style.

I sure wouldn't want Osorio anywhere near TFC.

Pachuco
12-23-2010, 02:54 PM
So what? Colombia ain't MLS.
His MLS record includes coaching one of the worst teams ever in MLS.

He also had DPs on both his MLS teams and achieved just about nothing beyond barely making the playoffs. Even NYRB and Chicago fans don't want him back. He fluked his way into MLS cup with a team that barely made the playoffs and had a lot of luck in the playoffs.

The word on Osorio from MLS fans is that he's a smart tactician but overthinks things, putting players in the wrong positions and playing a boring defensive style.

I sure wouldn't want Osorio anywhere near TFC.

So when he does well it's a fluke. When he has a bad year it's his fault. I love it. :facepalm:

rocker
12-23-2010, 03:15 PM
So when he does well it's a fluke. When he has a bad year it's his fault. I love it. :facepalm:

and when he has a good year, he's a good coach despite past failures.. I love it :facepalm:
I didn't realize there were all these Osorio fans on the TFC board! LOL.

His record in MLS is a lovely 18 wins, 30 losses, 20 draws....... no way to spin that.

zamperina
12-23-2010, 03:23 PM
Mutu to MLS?http://www.football-italia.net/imgs/whitebox.gifhttp://www.football-italia.net/imgs/whitebox.gif

Fiorentina will look to sign Massimo Maccarone (Palermo) in the January transfer window if the club decides to sell Adrian Mutu, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

Widespread reports claim Mutu's time is up at the Artemio Franchi and it would appear a move to the MLS is on the cards even amid interest from Turkey and Qatar.

Mutu has a house in Miami and would apparently favour a move the United States if he were to be made available for transfer.

Seems Napoli are also interested in him...Stay tuned.

TFCRegina
12-23-2010, 03:27 PM
and when he has a good year, he's a good coach despite past failures.. I love it :facepalm:

His record in MLS is a lovely 18 wins, 30 losses, 20 draws....... no way to spin that.

Sure there is. You can just look at what the Carver defenders say...after all, despite having a worse win ratio than both Preki and Cummins, he's the best coach we've ever had!

Ossington Mental Youth
12-23-2010, 03:45 PM
Mutu to MLS?http://www.football-italia.net/imgs/whitebox.gifhttp://www.football-italia.net/imgs/whitebox.gif

Fiorentina will look to sign Massimo Maccarone (Palermo) in the January transfer window if the club decides to sell Adrian Mutu, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

Widespread reports claim Mutu's time is up at the Artemio Franchi and it would appear a move to the MLS is on the cards even amid interest from Turkey and Qatar.

Mutu has a house in Miami and would apparently favour a move the United States if he were to be made available for transfer.

Seems Napoli are also interested in him...Stay tuned.

i wouldnt mind seeing Mutu here, hes been quiet lately (with exception to the snorting coming from the bathroom). Just not certain he'd be so happy to play here.

I dunno why he thinks he can live in Miami and still play for an MLS team (unless its the off season)

Chevy
12-23-2010, 03:57 PM
^^ He likely doesn't realize that unlike Europe, every MLS club is at least a two hour flight from Miami.

Ossington Mental Youth
12-23-2010, 04:03 PM
my bad, he has not been quiet, in fact he's played quite well the last few seasons at fiorentina (or so his stats suggest)

bgnewf
12-23-2010, 04:18 PM
Paul Beirne just tweeted this:

...All right footie fans...Have a wonderful, safe, fun, and happy holiday!...

Sounds like he's off for Christmas...Me thinks there will be nothing to report tomorrow if Paul is home with his family..

So no coach by Christmas I guess.

Ossington Mental Youth
12-23-2010, 04:25 PM
feels like a safe bet

Whoop
12-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Surprise, surprise.

LesH
12-23-2010, 05:30 PM
:facepalm:

+1 (SSG)
I hate any kind of tattoos on chicks!

Super
12-23-2010, 05:35 PM

Sounds like he's off for Christmas...Me thinks there will be nothing to report tomorrow if Paul is home with his family..

Yet another fail in a loooooooooooooooooooong list of them from MLSE.

boban
12-23-2010, 05:41 PM

No. He's off for the holiday(s). Not for Christmas.
If he was off for Christmas he would have tweeted so.

Super Cereal
12-23-2010, 06:53 PM

Typical bull**** treatment by MLSE towards the fans.

I honestly don't get how they can repeatedly treat the dedicated fans in such a manner.

You all deserve kudos for staying faithful to the club. Living outside of Toronto, it's easier for me.

gtaguy
12-23-2010, 07:07 PM

And TFC COACHES are any better..
your point is taken, but did you maybe ever think that quite possibly its not always an issue with the coaches but the lack of talent in the mls..
You can't draw blood from a stone when there is not blood to be had..

and yes I am an Osorio fan .. He's proven to me that hes a winner and to win a championship in a league that is much harder then the MLS says to me he is..

TFCRegina
12-23-2010, 07:07 PM
Typical bull**** treatment by MLSE towards the fans.

I honestly don't get how they can repeatedly treat the dedicated fans in such a manner.

You all deserve kudos for staying faithful to the club. Living outside of Toronto, it's easier for me.

They're assholes because they wished us happy holidays?

bgnewf
12-23-2010, 07:16 PM
I must confess to be somewhat concerned about the fact that it has been over 100 days since Mo and Preki were fired, and that it seems to be taking perhaps longer then even TFC thought it would to get new people in to take over. And I get the concern of many in this forum in regards to the delays.

On the other hand I think that looking at that Dobson interview with Klinsmann again I think that the now infamous "..coach by Christmas..." remark was somewhat of a throwaway line from JK looking at his face and body language. I think they are close and who knows maybe we will have a new guy in charge by early January....

My fearless crystal ball tells me that Earl IS in all but name the GM now... and he will be the GM going forward. And don't ask me why I think this but I really feel that the person coming in to coach is going to be someone of the "Bruce Arena/Sigi Schmidt/Stevie Nicol" ilk, namely an experienced MLS hand who can lead the team on the field and tell Earl who he wants/needs, and Earl then goes to get them.

Perhaps the delay is in negotiating the release of a coach from another MLS side who is under contract. Or it could be money... who knows.

my two cents for what it's worth.

Toronto Ruffrider
12-23-2010, 08:04 PM
The firing of Mo/Preki and the hiring of Klinsmann were all timely moves designed to placate disgruntled fans and supporters. Such moves were easy; the task of hiring a new coach and GM, as well as rebuilding our roster, is inherently much more difficult. I wish I was more optimistic, but based on what's happened to date I just can't see our team being close to competitive come opening day. Now, if TFC has another stinker of a season, it will be interesting to see how the FO fans the flames for the next round of SSH renewals.

Beach_Red
12-23-2010, 08:17 PM

No, it's just this is the same guy who tweeted last week about how close they were to signing a new coach, that they had three or four they were talking to and then... Nothing. And now this.

It just sounds exactly like what we've been hearing from these guys for four years.

Super Cereal
12-23-2010, 08:38 PM

I'm obviously referring to the fact that a coach before Christmas was promised.

If you were going for humour, try harder next time.

CretanBull
12-23-2010, 09:31 PM
I dunno why he thinks he can live in Miami and still play for an MLS team (unless its the off season)

He's not thinking about the soccer, he's thinking about the city with the best cocaine!

rocker
12-23-2010, 10:13 PM
And TFC COACHES are any better.. .

Well, we can only speak objectively using wins, losses, ties.

John Carver had a better winning percentage in MLS than Osorio did. Preki too. Shit, Chris Cummins had a better winning percentage than Osorio. Since the objective is to win games, we can say that the combined record of those three TFC coaches at TFC was better than Osorio's combined record over two teams that had Blanco and Juan Pablo Angel. That's pretty sad, considering how shitty TFC has been.

TFC better sign someone better than Osorio, that's all I'm saying.

gtaguy
12-24-2010, 12:35 AM
Well, we can only speak objectively using wins, losses, ties.

John Carver had a better winning percentage in MLS than Osorio did. Preki too. Shit, Chris Cummins had a better winning percentage than Osorio. Since the objective is to win games, we can say that the combined record of those three TFC coaches at TFC was better than Osorio's combined record over two teams that had Blanco and Juan Pablo Angel. That's pretty sad, considering how shitty TFC has been.

TFC better sign someone better than Osorio, that's all I'm saying.

you forget one very important factor .. Carver, Cummins and Osorio were all educated in the sport in the same place (england) . Yet not one of them are here any longer. As for preki well we can see that even he is not around any longer and hes an MLS lifer. Why are they all gone.. lack of results . Why ? becuase mls teams are impatient to structure growth and development. Also they never had the time to implement a system that works for the club and its continuity.
1 great player does not make a team a champion thats why there are 11 players that make a team. don't give me that shit about 1 dp or amazing player is the difference maker..
Look at who won the mls cup this year. was there any dps in that club? Wanna know why they won. Becuase there was continuity with the players that worked for the club. The coach established a building system that over the years has made this club better and better. since 2008.
Osorio was trying to implement that same system at the shite bulls much like Klinsman is trying to do the same with TFC. Except hes not and does not want to be at the helm.
Look at the shite bulls this year, tons of money to burn on players yet they didn't make it to the final dance. Was L.A there aswell.

based on your point that its better to have a winning record i stand in my position that MLS clubs seek fame and fortune thinking a coach is going to make a club better when the real story is you work with what you have and slowly improve on the positives and expel the crap..
You can't throw out to the trash a coach becuase of one bad year.. there has to be a slow and steady growth and eventually your squad will improve . and to put this into tfc perspective i would take back carver or cummins as our coaches now that the cancer (mo jo) is gone.. but you have to have patience in the process a coach wants implemented.

tfcleeds
12-24-2010, 01:42 AM

They're all assholes...I was expecting a MLS championship by now.

A Merry Christmas to all everyone!!!! (and that includes you Paul Beirne, you drunk fuck!...oh wait, I'm the one who's drunk, haha!)

Redcoe15
12-24-2010, 01:45 AM
Best SSG I've seen in a while....not crazy about the ink, but what a body!!! Aye carumba!!!
ITA! I'd love to eat that! :yum: :D