PDA

View Full Version : Brennan a Liability on Defence

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-28-2008, 07:27 PM
watching him stand around after the ball went off the post and the Revs playing passing him to score is enough.Carver needs to take him off now.
This has been happening all season with his Casual play. He his becoming TFC's version of Bryan Mc Cabe, and thats the last thing TFC nees a hopeless defender. FFS:mad:

Ossington Mental Youth
06-28-2008, 07:28 PM
Uh no, hes fine, Edwards watched that ball trickle by him, terrible keeping.

Bobo
06-28-2008, 07:29 PM
We don't have enough subs available to bench the defenders that deserve to be.

RPB_TFC_FAN
06-28-2008, 07:29 PM
No chance.
Brennan is fine and holds his own.

Edwards , however is a liability. Tonight's goin was pure laziness!

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-28-2008, 07:30 PM
Uh no, hes fine, Edwards watched that ball trickle by him, terrible keeping.

he has no chance unlike Brennan..why didn't he just run for it. he may not have stopped it but at least try.

Ageroo
06-28-2008, 07:31 PM
I was more concerned with Edwards completely giving up on the ball after it went off the New England players head....

DigzTFC!
06-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Edwards looks timid out their and was at fault for the first goal. I'm really starting to question Carver about this whole "keep the jersey" mentality. Its costing us points now with other teams coming on (DC for instance). I like it, but not down the spine (CM, CB, GK). It works for forwards and wingers....thats it. We need intelligence out there.

mighty_torontofc_2008
thats what the defence is there for to clear things like that, other then that incident TFC played decent on the road for a change....TFC 1 NE 1 prediction.

Ossington Mental Youth
he has no chance unlike Brennan..why didn't he just run for it. he may not have stopped it but at least try.

He watched the ball pass him on his left side, then turned and didnt move a half foot before it trickled by him on his left side AGAIN.
It was shit keeping.
Brennan was about 4 feet behind the dude, outof position, perhaps, but even then IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN SAVED BY EDWARDS.

James Oliphant
watching him stand around after the ball went off the post and the Revs playing passing him to score is enough.Carver needs to take him off now.
This has been happening all season with his Casual play. He his becoming TFC's version of Bryan Mc Cabe, and thats the last thing TFC nees a hopeless defender. FFS:mad:

Please actually watch the games. Please.

london_tfc_fan
06-28-2008, 07:35 PM

man uve never playeed soccer in ur life!!!! as a goalkeeper u never give up on a ball and that was edwards. in ur six that shit is urs regardless of wat braindead response u want to give! and as for brennan he is the heart and soul of the club

GBV
06-28-2008, 07:35 PM
sutton on the bench!?
seriously?
that's almost unforgivable.

Ossington Mental Youth
06-28-2008, 07:36 PM
man uve never playeed soccer in ur life!!!! as a goalkeeper u never give up on a ball and that was edwards. in ur six that shit is urs regardless of wat braindead response u want to give! and as for brennan he is the heart and soul of the club

Yep, agreed

GBV
06-28-2008, 07:36 PM
Edwards looks timid out their and was at fault for the first goal. I'm really starting to question Carver about this whole "keep the jersey" mentality. Its costing us points now with other teams coming on (DC for instance). I like it, but not down the spine (CM, CB, GK). It works for forwards and wingers....thats it. We need intelligence out there.

yeah...that mentality is BUSH LEAGUE.

Ladies Love Julius James
06-28-2008, 07:38 PM
yeah...that mentality is BUSH LEAGUE.

Don't you have a confession to make??

LOL I'm rootin for ya playa...my Yanks came through..hoping for yours as well.

dantdot
06-28-2008, 07:40 PM
Is this a no Brennan criticism zone? Edwards deserves most of the blame but no doubt Brennan was also half responsible, could have saved a goal if he moved.

James Oliphant
06-28-2008, 07:41 PM
On a ball that shouldn't have been there in the first place...I guess Brennan should have known that Edwards would completely give up on the ball.

iansmcl
06-28-2008, 07:41 PM
I blame both. Brennan probably should have picked up Ralston... Edwards should have been there already anyway, though. Maybe Brennan is too used to Sutton?

london_tfc_fan
06-28-2008, 07:42 PM
no its just brennan did nothing overly wrong edwards look every bit the lazy goalkeeper carver said he was and with a very strong goalkeeper sitting on the bench its unacceptable to take a play off becuz now TO's down 1 and have to play catchup

TFC-Tyler
06-28-2008, 07:43 PM
You're an idiot if you think Brennan is a liability. Oh wait, you're the same 'guy' that thinks Cunningham is a world class striker and better than Ali Gerba.

Why do you post here when you clearly know nothing about soccer?

Big Bruva
06-28-2008, 08:00 PM
Jimmy is partly to blame for the first goal and if you ask him i bet he will tell you.

Edwards obviously holds most of the blame but Jimmy holds part too. As a defender you also never give up on the ball and you assume that the ball is not going in.

Lenny Dikestra
06-28-2008, 08:04 PM
I say we send that fucking Frenchman back to where he came from.. Old and over for him..
imo

Ossington Mental Youth
06-28-2008, 08:08 PM
I say we send that fucking Frenchman back to where he came from.. Old and over for him..
imo

Huh?

kdzb
06-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Brenan has nothing to do in the left back position. He can contribute better when he is playing at Left Midfield.

Bobo
06-28-2008, 08:37 PM
MOM today. Not saying too much but he was our only spark plug today.

Corpand
06-28-2008, 08:40 PM
He's got a mean set of vocal chords though thats for sure

neuf
06-28-2008, 08:43 PM
mighty_torontofc_2008 = most successful troll this board has seen since Kenny Blankenship.

Bobo
06-28-2008, 08:44 PM
He's got a mean set of vocal chords though thats for sure

"You fucking cunt!"

:lol:

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-28-2008, 08:46 PM

But he keeps getting beat and making the same mistakes...stop defendiing him. If he is the heart and sould we're doomed.:mad:

London
06-28-2008, 08:46 PM
"You fucking cunt!"

that was classic!!!

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-28-2008, 08:48 PM
Is this a no Brennan criticism zone? Edwards deserves most of the blame but no doubt Brennan was also half responsible, could have saved a goal if he moved.

no he is a super god i guess. can't be critical of him?? like hell he deserves it tonigh he was horrible, and fight with the offical towards the end does no good, all we need is a player out with a suspension.

Jamaicanadian
06-28-2008, 08:53 PM
Jimmy is partly to blame for the first goal and if you ask him i bet he will tell you.

Edwards obviously holds most of the blame but Jimmy holds part too. As a defender you also never give up on the ball and you assume that the ball is not going in.

Yo....The keeper is not to blame on this one...
You have a cross with a deflection off Marshall....ball hits post.....
back into play and ....YOUR DEFENDER IS BALL WATCHING...opponent reacts first, inside the six...keeper no chance...take out the partly in your sentence ...but then again I'm partial;)

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-28-2008, 08:54 PM
Yo....The keeper is not to blame on this one...
You have a cross with a deflection off Marshall....ball hits post.....
back into play and ....YOUR DEFENDER IS BALL WATCHING...opponent reacts first, inside the six...keeper no chance...take out the partly in your sentence ...but then again I'm partial;)

thank you.....case rested!!1

adampz
06-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Who else heard brennan scream "fucking cunt"?

London
06-28-2008, 09:02 PM

it was "your a fucking cunt":hump:

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-28-2008, 09:03 PM
no its just brennan did nothing overly wrong edwards look every bit the lazy goalkeeper carver said he was and with a very strong goalkeeper sitting on the bench its unacceptable to take a play off becuz now TO's down 1 and have to play catchup

Brennan did do something wrong..He just STOOD and watched the ball go off the post to ralston and No effort was made by him to stop it...LAZY!!

adampz
06-28-2008, 09:04 PM
it was "your a fucking cunt":hump: Who was he saying this too?

Pigfynn
06-28-2008, 09:06 PM
Nyassi

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-28-2008, 09:06 PM

it went all across the country, he was saying it to the linesman.

Pigfynn
06-28-2008, 09:07 PM
ummm if he said that to the linesmen he would've been off.

adampz
i never knew you can call the linesmen a fucking cunt and not get a card:)

London
Who was he saying this too?

the NE striker was running on the left of jimmy and jimmy touched his shoulder, he went down like he got shot!

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-28-2008, 09:10 PM
i never knew you can call the linesmen a fucking cunt and not get a card:)

not if your telling the truth..the officals were not the best tonight,not the worst but not the best.

london_tfc_fan
06-28-2008, 09:28 PM
Brennan did do something wrong..He just STOOD and watched the ball go off the post to ralston and No effort was made by him to stop it...LAZY!!

seriously u gotta be just one of those fat guys who pretends to know soccer if i were keep their that shits mine and if ralston gets to it his legs are mine but edwards did neither he just sat and watched the ball!!!

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-28-2008, 09:31 PM
seriously u gotta be just one of those fat guys who pretends to know soccer if i were keep their that shits mine and if ralston gets to it his legs are mine but edwards did neither he just sat and watched the ball!!!

just like Brennan,,just stood there and watched ralston put the ball in,
rewatch the game, my point is proven...!!!

Jamaicanadian
06-28-2008, 09:33 PM
Some of the man dem are watching the slow-mo like it's real time LOL!

BTW Brennan made a mistake...I'm not about to over react and subscribe to the title of this thread...trust me!!

MFG1
06-28-2008, 09:35 PM
I dont care what anyone says Brennan pulled a cunningham on the first goal

Toronto_Bhoy
06-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Some of the man dem are watching the slow-mo like it's real time LOL!

BTW Brennan made a mistake...I'm not about to over react and subscribe to the title of this thread...trust me!!

jimmy b got caught ball watching...even he would tell you...rooted.

DigzTFC!
06-28-2008, 09:47 PM
Brennan got caught flat footed. It was a delayed reaction, so yes he made a mistake in one or two seconds. The bigger issue here was Edwards lack on control over his own box. This is first game shots have got through and he's been under pressure. The one play that sums up his game is at the end when Tyronne gave him hell. Edwards showed his not ready for the dance, which implies Carver made the mistake. I also thought Ricketts came off too soon. There were a lot of positives tonight fellas....A LOT. TFC lost to the Revs (THE BEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE).

Boondaddy
06-28-2008, 09:48 PM
"You fucking cunt!"

I heard that too...hilarious!! He did go down easy I must say...

Boondaddy
06-28-2008, 09:50 PM
also Dichio wasn't offside, shoulda been a draw.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-28-2008, 09:53 PM

would have been a fair result.

Boondaddy
06-28-2008, 09:57 PM
i thought we played well in the first half...except for that nap we took in front of the net....

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-28-2008, 10:01 PM
i thought we played well in the first half...except for that nap we took in front of the net....

that was the game breaker.....:(

TFC-Tyler
06-28-2008, 10:02 PM
Brennan makes one mistake, and he's a liability on defense now? The linesmen isnt the only fucking cunt I guess. It takes a real idiot to not see what Brennan provides to the team aside from his usual above average play, but I guess you're just dumb enough to overlook it.

Laurignano
06-28-2008, 10:10 PM
He surely didn't have his best game but I wouldnt go as far as saying he is a liability. I tihnk hes more of a asset then liability.

Boondaddy
06-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Brennan makes one mistake, and he's a liability on defense now? The linesmen isnt the only fucking cunt I guess. It takes a real idiot to not see what Brennan provides to the team aside from his usual above average play, but I guess you're just dumb enough to overlook it.

I don't think he's a liability....keeper paused.

Sutton woulda had it....

Razor
06-28-2008, 10:11 PM
sutton on the bench!?
seriously?
that's almost unforgivable.

i couldn't agree more with this quote. how do you not start Sutton against the best team in the MLS??

if he's in net, we win this game.

Boondaddy
06-28-2008, 10:16 PM
agreed...was he injured?? i don't get it...

Razor
06-28-2008, 10:18 PM
i don't think Sutton was injured...i'm still scratching my head wondering why Edwards started. fuck.

Boondaddy
06-28-2008, 10:28 PM
i mean, we need our BEST side out there against the top team AND since we're on the road...

puzzled

Lenny Dikestra
06-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Ummm who gives a fuck ..seriously

Blizzard
06-28-2008, 10:34 PM

Dichio wasn't offside. The call was on Jimmy B but as they didn't show a proper replay of the offside call, we can't know whether or not Jimmy B really was offside or not.

He was behind the last defender on the near side of the field but they didn't show us a wide view that covered the entire width of the field. He may have been played on by someone on the far side but unless there is a tape we haven't seen, we can't know.

B

Boondaddy
06-28-2008, 10:47 PM
Ummm who gives a fuck ..seriously

apparently you do, since you're still in here...

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-28-2008, 10:51 PM
TFC-Tyler brennan has made more the one defensive error, try watching with your eyes open instead of bloodshot and you will have seen that..

Cambridge_Red
06-28-2008, 11:07 PM
Shit happends people, it was a sloppy goal. It was a defensive meltdown/pure luck on the bounce. Lets re-group and think about Vancouver.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-28-2008, 11:09 PM
glad the Vancouver game is at home,that should help the team regroup fast.

ua-kozak_TFC
06-28-2008, 11:11 PM
about the game: the fact that carver left out our best goaltender and perhaps even our best player on the field.... as he many times was this season... Is Beyond my understanding. What the heck is he thinking???

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-28-2008, 11:15 PM
about the game: the fact that carver left out our best goaltender and perhaps even our best player on the field.... as he many times was this season... Is Beyond my understanding. What the heck is he thinking???

Edwards was the man when sutton was sitting on the bench for Canada,
So you stick with the guy thats been there.

Cambridge_Red
06-28-2008, 11:17 PM

Edwards had been playing not bad in the past few games, I thought maybe he had gotten over his dismal display in Columbus. I think it was a flukey goal. Every goal we give up seems so silly... Defensive brainfarts

TFC-Tyler
06-28-2008, 11:17 PM
TFC-Tyler brennan has made more the one defensive error, try watching with your eyes open instead of bloodshot and you will have seen that..
Can you name me a defender who hasnt made some defensive errors? Didnt think so. It happens to everyone, and critisizing a guy all of a sudden for having a bad game when he was our MVP last year for Christ's sake is stupid. Try thinking for once in your life and you may realize that.

TFC-Tyler
06-28-2008, 11:19 PM
Edwards was the man when sutton was sitting on the bench for Canada,
So you stick with the guy thats been there.
Only you would fault a guy for wanting to play for his country.

You play your best goalie to give your team the best chance to win. Edwards wasnt that goalie.

TFC Cityboy
06-28-2008, 11:26 PM
Edwards doesn't appear to shout and command the back line to the extent that Sutty does. Having said that, the back 4 appeared to be made of statues from the ROM for those goals.
SO pissedoff...we could have taken all 3 points tonight.Our attacking football made NE look like shite at times and it augers well for the future, if only we can tighen up at the back away from home.

Blazer
06-28-2008, 11:32 PM
Edwards doesn't appear to shout and command the back line to the extent that Sutty does. Having said that, the back 4 appeared to be made of statues from the ROM for those goals.
SO pissedoff...we could have taken all 3 points tonight.Our attacking football made NE look like shite at times and it augers well for the future, if only we can tighen up at the back away from home.

It is entirely possible that NE entered the game knowing that our striker are less than adequate and therefore maintained a very loose defensive line in order to promote their own offence. Either way it worked. Collect our marbles and make the necessary adjustments for next time I suppose.

nimamalek
06-28-2008, 11:57 PM
NO!!

Half Pint Hoolie
06-29-2008, 12:10 AM
Doomed !!! please!

Further more to the point.. you've got to be kidding me with this bogus thread. Liability on defence. Your membership has got to be revoked on the posting of this alone.

If your new to TFC and missed out on every single game of last season I forgive you and you can skip past whats going to be my angry rant.

However if you haven't what are you thinking. Check your head. I defy you to name a better left back who can whip up and down the pitch and defend like Jimmy B. He's there in that position for a reason. That reason is he's a hard nose defender and is a major weapon for our defence.

So, unless you can counter with any worth while argument or defence to your original statment. You've got nothing and this is a waste of a thread on this message board.

If you want to dimiss the officals prefomance tonight and alomost every night then we've got something. The refs are terrible and MLS should address this most of all. Leave expansion and all this other circus side show distractions left to later. After we've settled with FIFA sanctioned officals for every match. Not six full time refs for an entire league.

my two cents.

HPH

jloome
06-29-2008, 12:19 AM
Holy shit, I don't know how nobody else is talking about this, but for the umpteenth thousandth time, it was Marvell Wynne's lousy positioning that killed us all night. Both crosses were from him giving Castro too much time and space; and as I've mentioned in earlier thread, his willingness to give away all the space to the byline before using his prodigious speed to track back is killing us by allowing opposing teams to build pressure in the box.

He's got great heart, and he's a good attacking wingback, but his defensive positioning is fucking horrendous.

Blazer
06-29-2008, 12:23 AM
Holy shit, I don't know how nobody else is talking about this, but for the umpteenth thousandth time, it was Marvell Wynne's lousy positioning that killed us all night. Both crosses were from him giving Castro too much time and space; and as I've mentioned in earlier thread, his willingness to give away all the space to the byline before using his prodigious speed to track back is killing us by allowing opposing teams to build pressure in the box.

He's got great heart, and he's a good attacking wingback, but his defensive positioning is fucking horrendous.

LOL, yeah but how do you feel about Wynne though Loome?

Pachuco
06-29-2008, 02:02 AM

Go back to watching hockey. I'll buy you tickets to the Leafs game, that's if I never have to see you post again.

king dave
06-29-2008, 02:03 AM

I don't want to, really, but I must agree.
If we start some sort of apethetic policy with regard to player movement now we will surely end up like a last place team (ie; Leafs).

When you buy a loaf of bread and it goes green in 3 days, what do you do?
A - Cut the green bits off and continue to consume on a day to day basis?
B - Throw the loaf out and buy a fresh one?
KD.

king dave
06-29-2008, 02:25 AM
I don't care if anyone gets pissed off at my outlook.
Defense was horrible tonight and has been all season long.
I felt for Edwards (and I think Greg did to from the look on his face).
How many disappointing outcomes will we witness?
8 games in July (4 of which have nothing to do with the MLS).
Days at the fucking beach?

Maybe we can get the boys out to the grand opening of a Rona/Brick/Canadian Tire store where we can pay $5 to shoot balls at a bunch of guys (TFC) who masquerade as a proffessional football team.
I can see it now, nothing like a toaster sighned by Marshall:taz:
Plus CT $$.
I almost give up, KD.

nobodybeatsthewiz
06-29-2008, 02:33 AM
sing it, davey, i know how you feel bud

Jeff s
06-29-2008, 03:02 AM
It was both there fault. But to say bench Brennan... what are you thinking really?

Kinda weird how I haven't seen any comment on Velez comical defending on the second goal.
But yo your stupid theory, maybe we should bench him to.:rolleyes:

ExiledRed
06-29-2008, 08:10 AM
I'm still convinced Mighty Toronto TFC is one of Jimmy's ex-girlfriends.

The officiating wore us down last night, it was shocking.

Jimmy was on-side and his cross to Dichio was good. He made some excellent plays up the wing, and his slip up wouldnt matter if we'd had effective strikers on the pitch, because we were opening them up all game.

If I was going to play scapegoat today I'd pick on Robert who's pathetic light touch-passes to the opposing team are starting to get on my nerves, and the fact that the guy is going to miss another match due to suspensions very soon because he cant keep his mouth shut.

TFC OZZ
06-29-2008, 08:30 AM
Interesting. I believe Edwards should have done better with that ball, but I'm not gonna crucify the guy for it. As for Brennan, I h ad a long chat with my dad during the game about him and my take on it was that it was a freak bounce off the post, and there's no way he could have read where the ball was gonna go. Yes, he could have moved and done better, but my real question is, was Steve Ralston Brennan's man to cover? I don't think he was, and I think Ralston eluded whoever was marking him and ran behind Brennan who thought that the ball was gonna be uncontested because he had noone to mark.

crashvegas
06-29-2008, 09:46 AM
Edwards and Brennan were both asleep on that goal, but at the pro level as a keeper you're signing your resignation when you concede a goal before it has even passed beyond your head. And Edwards did this twice in this game.

Brennan made some mistakes but has the mental ability to move beyond them. Edwards' mistakes seemed to lead him to be more tentative with crosses in the box and giving up positionally.

I don't like mistakes, especially defending mistakes, but they happen. Brennan should be criticised, but to bench him would be futile since no one else seems to have proven that they can play as a true attacking fullback and track back.

Sutton should be the number one in goal until he proves he isn't during a TFC game - not because he didn't play during an international call-up and his back-up played okay and held the fort.

romburgundy
06-29-2008, 09:49 AM
Jimmy is the the heart and soul of our defence, we also cant forget Marshall, and Valez. Sure we they had a shakey game at best. You forget about it put it behind you and move on. As far as Brennan being a liability. On What Planet?

I think we need a new rule on the board before mighty_torontofc_2008 makes a post he needs to count to 10 and call himself an idiot 3 times.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-29-2008, 09:52 AM
Interesting. I believe Edwards should have done better with that ball, but I'm not gonna crucify the guy for it. As for Brennan, I h ad a long chat with my dad during the game about him and my take on it was that it was a freak bounce off the post, and there's no way he could have read where the ball was gonna go. Yes, he could have moved and done better, but my real question is, was Steve Ralston Brennan's man to cover? I don't think he was, and I think Ralston eluded whoever was marking him and ran behind Brennan who thought that the ball was gonna be uncontested because he had noone to mark.

Ralston could read where the ball was going why not Brennan, it's Brennan job to know and not standing around waiting for things to happen. Brennan screwed up, if it were Cunny making this mistake you'd all be calling for his removal from the team, since Brennan is Johnny Canuck he gets pampered with special treatment..FT. He blew it.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-29-2008, 09:55 AM
Go back to watching hockey. I'll buy you tickets to the Leafs game, that's if I never have to see you post again.

why punish me with leaf tickets:p just admit im right.

James17930
06-29-2008, 10:32 AM
I blame both. Brennan probably should have picked up Ralston... Edwards should have been there already anyway, though. Maybe Brennan is too used to Sutton?

There it is.

Sutton would have jumped out and grabbed the original ball, which is what Edwards should have done, but Jimmy got caught ball watching when he should have picked up Ralston coming in late.

So they'd both better learn from it.

olegunnar
06-29-2008, 10:52 AM

I'm surprised yours is the only post on this topic.
Both goals had screw ups, but they both started with Wynn getting burned and Castro getting behind him.

TFC RealDeal RPB
06-29-2008, 11:37 AM
YOUR LOSTED

Roogsy
06-29-2008, 11:42 AM
Mighty...you keep beating up this dead horse.

Jimmy B IS TFC...like it or not. And he is a solid player.

Yeah, he could have done something differently last night on the first goal, but he also provided an incredible thread all night long when other players were absent. And he plays with fire, something other players seem to lack. Where is your acknowledgement of that? Conveniently overlooked on your part...oddly enough.

RPB73
06-29-2008, 11:50 AM

Maybe Edwards should have gone for the ball. But what the hell was Brennan doing standing around doing absolutely nothing. In Columbus the first goal of the game he let the guy walk in ,didn't close him down, so he steps into the ball bang 1-0 Brennan than looked around and started bitching at everyone around him. I know he is Canadian and perhaps we have a soft spot for him. But many times during the season he has been a liability. So you say he is the heart and soul of the team. So was Tie Domi.

noochie
06-29-2008, 12:31 PM
this thread is funny. can't wait to see who is on the chopping block on tuesday.

jloome
06-29-2008, 12:52 PM
I'm surprised yours is the only post on this topic.
Both goals had screw ups, but they both started with Wynn getting burned and Castro getting behind him.

I'm sure it'll get picked up by the now-famous software. But this is hardly the first time this season that his over confidence with respect to tracking back (it's not enough to close down the cross, you have to reduce the pressure in the last 20) has hurt us.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-29-2008, 02:56 PM
Mighty...you keep beating up this dead horse.

Jimmy B IS TFC...like it or not. And he is a solid player.

Yeah, he could have done something differently last night on the first goal, but he also provided an incredible thread all night long when other players were absent. And he plays with fire, something other players seem to lack. Where is your acknowledgement of that? Conveniently overlooked on your part...oddly enough.

He does have good moments no question about that...but some fans treat him like a god like player, a bit much, don't you think!!

Roogsy
06-29-2008, 03:01 PM
We have to have a favourite no? I mean...nobody is saying this guy has the talent of a Cristiano Ronaldo...but he has the heart of a Lion. That is what this team needs until the talent level increases substantially.

TFC-Tyler
06-29-2008, 03:13 PM
He does have good moments no question about that...but some fans treat him like a god like player, a bit much, don't you think!!
And at the opposite end of it we have fans (well one so called fan) who says he's a liability. That's a bit much, dont you think.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-29-2008, 03:19 PM
We have to have a favourite no? I mean...nobody is saying this guy has the talent of a Cristiano Ronaldo...but he has the heart of a Lion. That is what this team needs until the talent level increases substantially.

favorites are good...but some players get too much credit while others get too much blame (Cunny). Look at Edson buddle most TFC fans were
buying tickets to ride him out of town, and i kept saying hold on to him he wasn't getting a fairshake, just like Cunny this year and Look and buddle now 11 goals in 8 games???

Roogsy
06-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Opinions are like assholes...everyone has one.

The question is...what is a reasonable opinion? If nobody agrees with your opinion, sometimes you just have to reasses whether it is a reasonable one.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-29-2008, 03:26 PM
Opinions are like assholes...everyone has one.

The question is...what is a reasonable opinion? If nobody agrees with your opinion, sometimes you just have to reasses whether it is a reasonable one.

Nah everyone else is wrong:) i don;'t care if the mass are not in favor, just MY opinion....like you say everyone has one..

ExiledRed
06-29-2008, 04:05 PM
favorites are good...but some players get too much credit while others get too much blame (Cunny). Look at Edson buddle most TFC fans were
buying tickets to ride him out of town, and i kept saying hold on to him he wasn't getting a fairshake, just like Cunny this year and Look and buddle now 11 goals in 8 games???

You're right, Buddle never got a fair shake.

To compare his situation with Cunny's, who gets a fair shake every damn fucking week, despite failure after failure, is just ridiculous.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-29-2008, 04:40 PM
You're right, Buddle never got a fair shake.

To compare his situation with Cunny's, who gets a fair shake every damn fucking week, despite failure after failure, is just ridiculous.

Its hard for cunny to score from the bench or when hes brought on with 10-15 leaft in a game, sure his lack of finish is not good, but you can say tha for most of our attackers lately.

ExiledRed
06-29-2008, 04:45 PM
Its hard for cunny to score from the bench or when hes brought on with 10-15 leaft in a game, sure his lack of finish is not good, but you can say tha for most of our attackers lately.

Cunny's started a good number of times, and he's still useless. He had most of the second half yesterday and he was invisible, except for a few dives.

He is the very embodiment of 'poor attitude, lack of effort, and giving up' EVERY SINGLE GAME HE PLAYS.

Defending that guy and blasting Jimmy makes you look a bit well......stupid actually.

Pearce321
06-29-2008, 05:25 PM
"You fucking cunt!"

That made my day :)

Flipityflu
06-29-2008, 05:31 PM
if anything, i think its the other side of the pitch that needs some work. Marvell Wynne, who i do think is great, needs to learn much better defensive positioning.

the only player who truly fustrates me is Robert.

ExiledRed
06-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Wynne's positioniong is very suspect, and the revs exposed and exploited it.

london_tfc_fan
06-29-2008, 06:44 PM
Maybe Edwards should have gone for the ball. But what the hell was Brennan doing standing around doing absolutely nothing. In Columbus the first goal of the game he let the guy walk in ,didn't close him down, so he steps into the ball bang 1-0 Brennan than looked around and started bitching at everyone around him. I know he is Canadian and perhaps we have a soft spot for him. But many times during the season he has been a liability. So you say he is the heart and soul of the team. So was Tie Domi.

not saying brennan couldnt have im just concerned with the fact that the first person someone blamed was the defender who should never have had to make a play. and ya tie domi was the heart and soul of the leafs and since hes been gone have the leafs made the playoffs?????

Flipityflu
06-29-2008, 07:39 PM
Wynne's positioniong is very suspect, and the revs exposed and exploited it.

relies too much on his speed, and in my opinion, has moved up too far forward this season.

nascarguy
06-29-2008, 07:51 PM
This has been happening all season with his Casual play. He his becoming TFC's version of Bryan Mc Cabe, and thats the last thing TFC nees a hopeless defender. FFS:mad:your right but we need him for the game on the 1st. I'll say this carver better not play Edwards anymore

Oblio2
06-29-2008, 08:40 PM
1 bad game doesn't make a bad player or a bad season.
C'mon dude. :(

nascarguy
06-29-2008, 08:46 PM
Edwards has had 2 bad game watching him play was like the crew game all over again and i know that tfc was going to lose so I did not think we were going to win in Ne anyway.

Oblio2
06-29-2008, 08:47 PM
Sorry, I was talking about the original post about Brennan

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-29-2008, 08:54 PM
your right but we need him for the game on the 1st. I'll say this carver better not play Edwards anymore

He will have to when Canada plays the next round of wcq, If Canada plans on using Onstad then they should just leave sutton with TFC,
then Carver can decide.

ExiledRed
06-29-2008, 09:13 PM
Sorry, I was talking about the original post about Brennan

I cant believe that someone just apologised to nascarguy.

Is this a first?

Oblio2
06-29-2008, 09:14 PM
HA HA...want me to retract it, I dont want him getting excited!!!

nascarguy
06-29-2008, 10:19 PM
Brennan has had a lot of bad games but what piss me off is that he did not move to stop the 1st goal and i can not wait for some new players to show in on the team and make everyone on the team a fight for there spot in the 1st team

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-29-2008, 10:24 PM
your right but we need him for the game on the 1st. I'll say this carver better not play Edwards anymore

i was hoping our reserve team could beat vancouver to tell you the truth,they look dismal at home to the impact...but field the best possible and save the reserves for pachuca. Go you reeeeeeeeeedddddddssss

Derko
06-30-2008, 12:24 AM
What a stupid thread, I suggest it be closed!!
Brennan is not a liability.
So shut the fuck up!!

ExiledRed
06-30-2008, 12:32 AM
What a stupid thread, I suggest it be closed!!
Brennan is not a liability.
So shut the fuck up!!

Im guessing Mighty's stirring shit up for fun, or (and this may be too sophisticated, so it's less likely) he's making an inverted point and trying to counterbalance the negative attention that gets piled on the usual scapegoats.

Keyman
06-30-2008, 01:05 AM
I come back for one day, ONE DAY! And I see more of the same shit from this guy.

Benficachop20
06-30-2008, 01:13 AM
So one bad goal and now he should be on the bench? oh ya good one, lets bench one of our best players, because of one goal.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-30-2008, 02:31 PM
Im guessing Mighty's stirring shit up for fun, or (and this may be too sophisticated, so it's less likely) he's making an inverted point and trying to counterbalance the negative attention that gets piled on the usual scapegoats.

No i believe what i said or u would not have said it...Brennan is prone to mistakes. Marshall , Wynne, and Velez are better at the back.