PDA

View Full Version : Hi from new fan

Dubliner
12-17-2010, 10:51 AM
Hi all,
Just moved to Toronto from Dublin, Ireland. Am a massive soccer fan and hold a season ticket for St. Patrick's Athletic in the Irish Premier Division.
Really looking forward to the new MLS season and supporting TFC.
Just wanted to say hi to everyone and hopefully partake in the football debates here throughout the upcoming season!

Dubliner

BFin
12-17-2010, 11:00 AM
Welcome! Enjoy!

Pigfynn
12-17-2010, 11:02 AM
Hello! nice to have you on board.

Please do yourself a huge favour and only take about 20% of what is said on these boards seriously. Most of it is negative bullshit spewed from the mouths of "fans"/soccer tactical masters who have waaaaayyyyyy too much time on their hands.

Thick skin and the ability to see through pages of horse shit will help you enjoy yourself. :)

Have a blast!

s2cazz
12-17-2010, 11:05 AM
Hope you like getting kicked in the nuts....

We are all gluttons for punishment here. That being said TFC fans are a good bunch and you should enjoy yourself!

Ossington Mental Youth
12-17-2010, 11:13 AM
welcome and definitely this

Please do yourself a huge favour and only take about 20% of what is said on these boards seriously. Most of it is negative bullshit spewed from the mouths of "fans"/soccer tactical masters who have waaaaayyyyyy too much time on their hands.

JonO
12-17-2010, 11:14 AM
^ true about the internet in general, i would say.

Welcome aboard!

MartinUtd
12-17-2010, 11:15 AM
Welcome to Canada!

TFCin110
12-17-2010, 11:22 AM
Welcome mate! Match days are a lot of fun....enoy it!

Parkdale
12-17-2010, 11:23 AM
haha.... yeah... welcome on board.

Suds
12-17-2010, 11:57 AM
welcome to the board and the country

... and if anything goes wrong for you, blame Parkdale!

Azerban
12-17-2010, 12:02 PM

Thick skin and the ability to see through pages of horse shit will help you enjoy yourself. :)

Have a blast!

he says he's watched a game of soccer before, don't think you need to tell him most people talk crap

Pigfynn
12-17-2010, 12:07 PM
Ya well, I think we set a higher standard for crap around here. :scarf:

Joe Kool
12-17-2010, 12:19 PM
Welcome to Canada, Toronto and the RPB board....hopefully the team does well for your first season here. By the way, we need a manager and coach and a large number of players if you can share any contact info that you may have from Europe with the team management :)

Milky
12-17-2010, 12:29 PM
Welcome Dubliner! Believe it or not, there isn't always this much snow in Toronto. ;)

Dubliner
12-17-2010, 12:45 PM
most people talk crap

Thanks for the comments. Looking forward to the season.

Don't worry, am well used to crap talk, especially during the off season!!

:scarf:

rocker
12-17-2010, 12:57 PM
wait until you're boiling hot in the July heat watching a team with a goal drought that's extended weeks and weeks... then you'll know what it's like to be a TFC fan.

Pinkie
12-17-2010, 12:58 PM
welcome Dubliner!

and there are certain posters you'll soon learn to ignore such as azerban ;)

sully
12-17-2010, 12:59 PM
Hi all,
Just moved to Toronto from Dublin, Ireland. Am a massive soccer fan and hold a season ticket for St. Patrick's Athletic in the Irish Premier Division.
Just wanted to say hi to everyone and hopefully partake in the football debates here throughout the upcoming season!

Dubliner

hey Dubliner, although I'm from Cork you're still welcome by me anyway...

Pookie
12-17-2010, 01:15 PM
Welcome.

We don't like Thierry Henry either.

romburgundy
12-17-2010, 01:18 PM
Welcome to a world of frustrating losses and shouldhave would have could have.

I wouldnt trade it for anything.

Cheers,
Rom

ManUtd4ever
12-17-2010, 01:19 PM
Welcome Dubliner, I hope you're a good luck charm for our football club!

Parkdale
12-17-2010, 01:19 PM
Welcome.

says you.

http://u.goal.com/103800/103869hp2.jpg

Auzzy
12-17-2010, 01:21 PM
As mentioned, we're desperately hoping for a new manager, new coach, and a bunch of new players. Since we haven't gotten that yet, we will settle for being deliriously happy about a new member on the board.

So Welcome! We hope you can fulfill all of our hopes and dreams! No pressure though! :D

Pookie
12-17-2010, 01:28 PM
says you.

?

http://www.profilebrand.com/funny-pictures/category/demotivational/65_explanation.gif

Parkdale
12-17-2010, 01:39 PM
I like Henry, quite a bit in fact. You said we don't like him around here.

I like him... just not when he's playing for RBNY

scooter
12-17-2010, 01:40 PM
welcome

Pinkie
12-17-2010, 01:46 PM
i second parky's statement :)

Pookie
12-17-2010, 01:47 PM
I like Henry, quite a bit in fact. You said we don't like him around here.

I like him... just not when he's playing for RBNY

See, I was trying to go with the Irish thing and make the new guy feel welcome. Ireland. Henry. You know, that hand ball? Maybe a little humour. You bantered, I figured we could go somewhere with this. I posted that demotivational poster of the angry kid... who doesn't find an angry kid funny, am I right? Expectations on your reply were high....

... and then nothing. Just this. What am I to do with this factual representation of the situation?

Sort of a buzzkill aren't ya?

Now, I just feel awkward for the new guy.

CretanBull
12-17-2010, 02:55 PM
Welcome to Canada & life as a TFC supporter....I hope you're ready for a lot of heartbreak. Umm, from TFC I mean - Canada is fine :D

__wowza
12-17-2010, 02:56 PM
:drinking:sláinte!!

Parkdale
12-17-2010, 03:06 PM

Captain Buzzkill and the Bringdown Bunch. :canada:

Batman
12-17-2010, 03:22 PM
Welcome Dubliner. I hope you'll find the forum here to be a great time waster.
Hope to meet you at one of our WORLD famous tailgates.

Nodoubtguy
12-17-2010, 03:26 PM
I met an Irish guy who's fav player was Henry

razor787
12-17-2010, 03:30 PM
See, I was trying to go with the Irish thing and make the new guy feel welcome. Ireland. Henry. You know, that hand ball? Maybe a little humour. You bantered, I figured we could go somewhere with this. I posted that demotivational poster of the angry kid... who doesn't find an angry kid funny, am I right? Expectations on your reply were high....

... and then nothing. Just this. What am I to do with this factual representation of the situation?

Now, I just feel awkward for the new guy.

Hi, I'm razor. Who the hell are you?

kodiakTFC
12-17-2010, 03:42 PM
You know whats funny? You're coming from Europe and are about to have a step up in quality from your domestic league, thats not something you see everyday.

Welcome to Canada and welcome to Toronto FC. Hopefully your our good luck charm.

Bluenose13
12-17-2010, 03:49 PM
I met an Irish guy who's fav player was HenryLOL.....He was probably from the North :D

BFin
12-17-2010, 04:12 PM
HI! Form a registered user.

Dubliner
12-17-2010, 04:51 PM
Welcome.

Thanks, I was at the game in Paris that night.............still not over it!!

Can't wait for Henry to come to town!!!

Am used to the disappointment so should feel right at home supporting TFC!.

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/www.flickr.com/.../royalewithcheese/4118221036/

Mark in Ottawa
12-17-2010, 04:53 PM
Welcome to Canada, Toronto & TFC!

Not sure how many people you know in Toronto but getting involved with the supporters groups at TFC may help in making new acquaintances. Tailgate parties and helping out at supporter events (like banner painting) can also help you to put faces to the many names you will run into here on the forums.

O... and if you hear a rumour about a supporter who wears a grass skirt to games... well thats true... but he is just one of us (The "75 Mile Bastards" Chapter of the RPB) and is essentially harmless :rolleyes:

Dubliner
12-17-2010, 04:55 PM
You know whats funny? You're coming from Europe and are about to have a step up in quality from your domestic league, thats not something you see everyday.

Well Kodiak, to be perfectly honest with you, I attended the MLS final a few weeks ago and wouldnt be so sure about that!

Although, we will see. I am not yet qualified to form an opinion on the league here................but then again not sure how you can have an opinion on my domestic league!

Suds
12-17-2010, 05:00 PM
Well Kodiak, to be perfectly honest with you, I attended the MLS final a few weeks ago and wouldnt be so sure about that!

Although, we will see. I am not yet qualified to form an opinion on the league here................but then again not sure how you can have an opinion on my domestic league!

trust me ... you don't have to be qualified in anything to have an opinion around here :D

Dubliner
12-17-2010, 05:00 PM
Welcome.

Thanks Pookie,

I was at the game in Paris that night! Still not really over it!!

Lets just say I am looking forward to Henry coming to town during the season...............:mad:

Brooker
12-17-2010, 05:05 PM
HI! Form a registered user.

Scum!

Thanks Pookie,

Lets just say I am looking forward to Henry coming to town during the season...............:mad:

With any luck somebody will waffle him with a tire iron in the parking lot..... I'm not saying anything, I'm just sayin'.

denime
12-17-2010, 05:36 PM
Welcome to the RPB ,Toronto and Canada !

Auzzy
12-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Scum!

With any luck somebody will waffle him with a tire iron in the parking lot..... I'm not saying anything, I'm just sayin'.

Nah, this is Canada. They'll probably just throw waffles on the pitch to express their displeasure. Maybe they'll make the waffles all sticky with maple syrup first if they're really pissed off. ;)

TFCRegina
12-17-2010, 06:03 PM
Hi all,

Dubliner

Fresh, unjaded blood! Yes!

Maybe we can have some positive comments around here for once. I wish you a long history of supporting a successful club. :)

TFCRegina
12-17-2010, 06:03 PM

Have a blast!

I believe the correct term is FIFA Trader, as coined by Roogsy.

TFCRegina
12-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Thanks Pookie,

TFC player Dan Gargan meets Henry:

Produced by Pookie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgXIYweH_pg

Mark TFC
12-17-2010, 06:09 PM
Welcome!

TFCRegina
12-17-2010, 06:12 PM
trust me ... you don't have to be qualified in anything to have an opinion around here :D

Plus Fucking One.

Brooker
12-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Nah, this is Canada. They'll probably just throw waffles on the pitch to express their displeasure. Maybe they'll make the waffles all sticky with maple syrup first if they're really pissed off. ;)

does syrup cross the line, though? it's a slippery slope...

Shakes McQueen
12-17-2010, 07:07 PM
does syrup cross the line, though? it's a slippery slope...

Actually, it's a rather sticky slope!

...I'll let myself out.

- Scott

4evared
12-17-2010, 07:15 PM
Dubliner... Welcome to this fine city.

We don't have the River Liffy... We have Lake Ontario

We don't have Guinness.... We have Molsons

We don't have Jameson Whiskey... We have Canadian Club

We don't have Hurling.... We have Hockey

We don't have a winning soccer team... who gives a fuck!!!!

We have fun

scooter
12-17-2010, 07:23 PM
yes i agree who gives a fuck

just the red patch boys ( cause no matter what is said on here we all care about our team )

Dubliner
12-17-2010, 07:42 PM
Produced by Pookie:

Love it,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxprvrFQpiE

Dubliner
12-17-2010, 07:51 PM
TFC player Dan Gargan meets Henry:

Produced by Pookie:

Love it,

Some of you may have seen this but.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxprvrFQpiE

prizby
12-17-2010, 08:42 PM
out of curiosity; i am not sure if you have had a chance to check out the prices for season tickets for tfc but I am wondering (if you have a chance) to compare the difference of what we pay to what you pay for St. Patrick's Athletic; and if you have had a chance to see any MLS play, compare the difference in quality.

/me goes find a season ticket price link

http://www.goltv.ca/assets/1/AssetManager/2011%20Renewal%20Pricing%20and%20Seating%20Chart%2 0-%20REVISED%20NOV%201.pdf

Basically, all I want to know is, do you see value in TFC's prices?

king dave
12-17-2010, 09:34 PM
Goona be a few from the emerald isle in the next from my soorarses.
All the better.
Half of the county Kilharney will be here by Feb. '11 I am told.
Pretty sad state of affairs 'or there.
Welcome aboard and now if the Saw Doctors would come back to Toronto?
That wol be ideal.
KD.

jazzy
12-17-2010, 10:17 PM

Hi pal, the final was crap......ref let it get way out of hand, and the skills were not allowed to prosper.......was one of the worst games I attended all year and although not unusual, l was not the best weather.....when you watch the home side you'll definitely enjoy the atmosphere....as for our team, we are of course optimists.....or just plane crazy.....:flare:

loconet
12-17-2010, 10:34 PM
Is anyone else reading Dubliner's posts with an Irish accent? Fuck, I need to get off the computer.

Welcome Dubliner! :drum:

BFin
12-17-2010, 10:57 PM
Scum!

lol always love your posts sir.

TFC/Everton
12-18-2010, 12:06 AM
Welcome to Toronto!

Keystone FC
12-18-2010, 04:02 AM
Welcome to the group and to MLS soccer. I'm sure you'll be asking yourself, 'What in the Hell is this league thinking.' in a matter of no time.
It's also nice to have another Irishman around being of Pennsylvania Irish decent myself....among other nationalities. ;)

algieb
12-18-2010, 05:59 PM
welcome dubliner you will hear a lot of blarney on here from a few ejits but most of the time good banter,enjoy the games, some good players and some that should have taken up ludo.

aboveandbeyond
12-19-2010, 01:20 PM
Is anyone else reading Dubliner's posts with an Irish accent? Fuck, I need to get off the computer.

Welcome Dubliner! :drum:

lol

welcome Dubliner .. I just joined today myself ..
should be a fun season !!!

tfc is sort of like the Irish banking system tho .. soooo broke

Super Cereal
12-19-2010, 01:39 PM
What made you think it was a good idea to insult a league he obviously cares a lot about? Common sense would tell me that would be a silly thing to say.

razor787
12-19-2010, 05:02 PM
Eh, dubliner replied to it, no need to bring it back up.

nfitz
12-19-2010, 08:02 PM
Eh, dubliner replied to it, no need to bring it back up.Surely it's best for someone else to bring it up ... to make it clear that most of us aren't so rude.

Brooker
12-19-2010, 08:07 PM
lol

welcome Dubliner .. I just joined today myself ..
should be a fun season !!!

tfc is sort of like the Irish banking system tho .. soooo broke

welcome dude. but I disagree, we aren't broke. we need to raise some funds to get back to broke. let's not get ahead of ourselves.

FluSH
12-19-2010, 08:16 PM
Welcome!!

ecospice
12-19-2010, 11:07 PM
wait until you're boiling hot in the July heat watching a team with a goal drought that's extended weeks and weeks... then you'll know what it's like to be a TFC fan.

Yeah, you can pay $15 for a shitty Carslberg - not a pint of Guinness to be seen at the pitch...

If you haven't been yet, try the Ceili Cottage on Queen East in Lesliville and Happy Holidays!

Azerban
12-19-2010, 11:24 PM
welcome dude. but I disagree, we aren't broke. we need to raise some funds to get back to broke. let's not get ahead of ourselves.

not sure if you're talking about ireland or tfc

twistedchinaman
12-19-2010, 11:58 PM
Please do yourself a huge favour and only take about 15% of what is said on these boards seriously.

Fixed for you Fynn. :)

Welcome aboard!

TFCRegina
12-20-2010, 12:29 AM
Yeah, you can pay $15 for a shitty Carslberg - not a pint of Guinness to be seen at the pitch...

If you haven't been yet, try the Ceili Cottage on Queen East in Lesliville and Happy Holidays!

You guys forgot the standing in the lines for the pisser part.

rocker
12-20-2010, 11:43 AM
You guys forgot the standing in the lines for the pisser part.

but when you do piss, you get to piss into this! FUN! ;)

http://www.theweee.com/assets/products/1049/product/SoccerWeee.jpg?1261080122

Dubliner
12-20-2010, 02:22 PM
out of curiosity; i am not sure if you have had a chance to check out the prices for season tickets for tfc but I am wondering (if you have a chance) to compare the difference of what we pay to what you pay for St. Patrick's Athletic; and if you have had a chance to see any MLS play, compare the difference in quality.

/me goes find a season ticket price link

http://www.goltv.ca/assets/1/AssetManager/2011%20Renewal%20Pricing%20and%20Seating%20Chart%2 0-%20REVISED%20NOV%201.pdf

Basically, all I want to know is, do you see value in TFC's prices?

Hi Prizby,

A season ticket for the 2011 Irish Premier Division with St. Pats is approx. €216, or $290. However, our facilities would be nowhere near the standard of the BMO Field. Below is a picture of Richmond Park, St Pat's home.

http://img69.imageshack.us/i/20060907pats0028kd9.jpg/

Given there are 17 home games in a season it works out at $17 or €13 per game. Individual game prices are $20 or €15. It would be unfair to compare these prices to TFC's Red sections as Richmond Park would be quite small.

To compare the value of the two packages I would say the Yellow, Light and Medium Grey tickets are quite reasonably priced when you consider the standard of the facilities you have.

The Irish league suffers from the following problems which continue to hinder the growth of our league
1) Proximity to English Premier League/Sky Sports TV- 90% of Irish soccer fans support an English Premier league team. For them, "supporting" their team means going to the Pub for beers and watching the match on TV. For me they are not soccer fans and they are engaging in a social activity.......nothing compares to live football!!
2) General Publics lack of respect for the league - Most fans are watching Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Champions League week in week out, in full modern stadia. They then look at an Irish league game in an half empty run down stadium and just presume the standard is very poor! This means we struggle to increase attendances and cannot afford to improve facilities and playing staff.
3) Presence of GAA - Soccer is up against Rugby (Ireland are one of the top teams in the World) and Gaelic games, our national sports of Gaelic Football and Hurling. This means soccer must compete against these other sports, somthing English clubs do not have a problem with.
4) Our best players go to England/Scotland - The following players recently played in the Irish Premier League - Kevin Doyle (Wolves), Shane Long (Reading), Daryl Murphy (Celtic), Paddy McCourt (Celtic), Niall McGinn (Celtic), Keith Fahey (Birmingham), Seamus Coleman (Everton), David Meyler (Sunderland). Alot of English clubs now see our league as a pool for cheap talent. Our best players cannot stay in Ireland as our league is amateur (recently we have had some full time clubs, but recession.....etc!!!).

In some ways I suppose the two leagues are very similar, i.e. competition from other sports, general public's lack of interest etc.

I am looking forward to seeing what the standard of football will be like. In recent years the Irish league moved to Summer football which resulted in improvements in our European matches. For eg, St Pats have beaten IF Elfsborg in recent years (Elfborg had beaten Hibernian of Scotland 4-0 in the previous round of the Europa League that year). We also beat Skonto Riga and Kryla Sovatov (who were 6th in the Russian league at that time) and drew with Heartha Berlin and Steua Bucharest. The standard is better than many believe. I would suggest our 3 biggest clubs (St Pats, Shamrock Rovers and Bohemiens) would compete very competitively in the Scotish Premier League (perhaps excluding Celtic and Rangers, although Celtic are very bad at the moment) and I think they would be in the lower half of the English Championship.

I have rambled on here now and maybe not answered your question, so....
Facilities wise I think TFCs lower priced ticekets are reasonable but the most expensive tickets are extortionate. This is purely based on my experience of the facilities on offer. I cannot comment on the standard of football yet, but hope I have clarified where I believe the standard of the Irish league is.

P.S Thanks for the welcome from everyone, much appreciated. Do you guys have any meet ups during the off season??? And if so where?? I was out for a few pints a few weeks ago and we stumbled upon the end of season awards party in Grace O'Malley's. Got photos with Cann and Frei. Myself and few others woudl love to meet up with some TFC fans. :drinking:

Ontario Arab
12-20-2010, 06:06 PM
Welcome and Merry Chrimbo, you will love T.O , great city and people.

sarsippius
12-22-2010, 09:01 AM
Welcome Dubliner!

In answer to your question about locals:

- A number of RPB can be found at Shoeless Joe's on King St. West, just north of BMO Field at any time of the year. If you keep an eye on the boards, you'll find announcements of "official" and unofficial meetings alike.

- There are lots of other places to watch Soccer in the city if you'd like to get some non-TFC flavor. I find a great spot is Scallywag's, just West of Yonge and St. Clair (immediately off of the Subway line). They also show Rugby frequently. One of the great things about this bar is that there will always be ex-Pats and foreign nationals banding together to support their Clubs and Countries alike. I am sure other members can share other spots as well (if they haven't already).

Have fun, enjoy our (your) City!

__wowza
12-22-2010, 10:34 AM
from the wiki article on the st. pats:

In 2005 the board of St. Pats (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Patrick%27s_Athletic_F.C.) spoke to their fans about a potential move to a new municipal stadium in Tallaght (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tallaght_Stadium) where they would share with Shamrock Rovers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamrock_Rovers). Outraged by this the clubs fans revolted and a pressure group called 'Pats for Richmond' was set up to mobilise and organise opposition to the plan. In July 2006 St. Pats board of directors gave a clear indication of staying by purchasing local pub Richmond House (also known as McDowells) in order to give the club's fans a social base.

:eek: they bought them all a bar!?

Mark in Ottawa
12-22-2010, 01:18 PM
:eek: they bought them all a bar!?

Gotta love the Irish. (of which I am descended... I hear my "ancestral" club would be the Sligo Rovers).

trane
12-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Hi all,

Dubliner

Welcome. Will buy you a pint at Allen's any time, but will say not more not to jade you to quickly.

harrietgate
12-22-2010, 10:40 PM
Welcome to Toronto!
You are going to enjoy the atmosphere at the games - it is fantastic. Also you will feel at home as there is a lot of Irish blood here.
It is brilliant for Toronto to finally have their own football team, and even though there are a few bumps along the way, the majority of people are glad to have a team to cheer for.
You will love it on this side of the pond ... :canada:

kodiakTFC
12-22-2010, 10:53 PM
By the way, I saw Hurling on Setenta and I would have to say that this is probably the best sport ever. My jaw was just dropped, I could not believe the skill of those players.

Dubliner
12-23-2010, 11:25 AM
Thanks lads, am back home on the Emerald Isle for the holidays but will be back in Toronto in the New Year. See you then.

@ Kodiak, yes Hurling is supposed to be the fastest ball sport in the world apparantly and the players you mention are completely amateur. They have day jobs like you and me and train/play at night and weekends. They are not paid for playing either! Do it for the pride of the county they are from.

uncle p
12-23-2010, 11:31 AM
HOW AM I HEARING ABOUT HURLING NOW FOR THE FIRST TIME?!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmzivRetelE

Mark in Ottawa
12-23-2010, 11:31 AM
By the way, I saw Hurling on Setenta and I would have to say that this is probably the best sport ever. My jaw was just dropped, I could not believe the skill of those players.
And we Canadians thought Lacrosse was rough :jaw:

Technorgasm
12-23-2010, 11:35 AM
fuckin awesome. .
Thats what this group needs. . more Irish !

Cant wait to see ya round the taps lad.
and alos for you to see BMO when TFC SCORES!

I hope you brought some luck. . . . of the irish variety.

Welcome, from me and the rest of the scousers and scoundrels.

phonzo
12-23-2010, 01:18 PM
what the fuck is happening in here...no techos

TFCRegina
12-23-2010, 01:21 PM
fuckin awesome. .
Thats what this group needs. . more Irish !

Cant wait to see ya round the taps lad.
and alos for you to see BMO when TFC SCORES!

I hope you brought some luck. . . . of the irish variety.

Welcome, from me and the rest of the scousers and scoundrels.

No offense to the Irish present, but Irish luck is not something i wish for. I would argue this team has too much Irish luck. Irish people are fine...just no Irish luck.

Remember, Ireland had the Potato blights/famines, hundreds of years of foreign domination, civil wars, etc.

The phrase "the luck of the Irish" is not a very well thought out one. In fact, I wish Columbus and Montreal lots and lots of Irish luck.

Dubliner
12-23-2010, 02:41 PM
Wow Regina, calm down......Its just a figure of speech!

Remember, Ireland had the Potato blights/famines, hundreds of years of foreign domination, civil wars, etc.

And we still come out of it all smiling!!

TFCRegina
12-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Wow Regina, calm down......Its just a figure of speech!

And we still come out of it all smiling!!

Sorry, the phrase is a pet peeve of mine. :D

Anyway, welcome aboard! :scarf:

Dubliner
12-23-2010, 02:53 PM
Sorry, the phrase is a pet peeve of mine. :D

Anyway, welcome aboard! :scarf:

I'd imagine its more to do with Leprechauns finding pots of gold so dont let it get to you :)

kodiakTFC
12-23-2010, 04:20 PM
JsEwb1pERP4

We need one of these guys to play keeper for TFC once Frei leaves. Amazing.

LesH
12-23-2010, 05:12 PM
JsEwb1pERP4

WOW, first time in my life I'm watching this sport, and my very first impression is that is terribly hard to be a goalkeeper in hurling!

LesH
12-23-2010, 05:25 PM
Welcome to the FTC fan's planet Dubliner!

:cheers: :scarf:

JamboAl
12-23-2010, 05:30 PM
Wow, dubliner...a St. Pat's Athletic supporter. Welcome to the world of Toronto FC. I remember watching you lot live the last time I was in Dublin and remember a Zimbabwe international playing for you, can't remember his name, probably about 3-4 years ago. A work colleague of mine here is a Shamrock Rovers/Celtic supporter, no accounting for taste, bad taste that is. Drop by to Shoeless Joes sometime.

prizby
12-23-2010, 10:42 PM
thanks for the great and long answer Dubliner :)

Dubliner
01-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Wow, dubliner...a St. Pat's Athletic supporter. Welcome to the world of Toronto FC. I remember watching you lot live the last time I was in Dublin and remember a Zimbabwe international playing for you, can't remember his name, probably about 3-4 years ago. A work colleague of mine here is a Shamrock Rovers/Celtic supporter, no accounting for taste, bad taste that is. Drop by to Shoeless Joes sometime.

That may have been Charles Mbabzi Livingstone, a Ugandan international. Not sure how we ended up signing him but Brian Kerr (former St. Pats and Ireland manager) described him as the best foreign player to ever come to Ireland. Pretty good praise when you consider George Best, Gordon Banks, Bobby Charlton, and others all played there at some stage (allbeit very late in their careers!!). He was a very unlucky man, suffering a heart problem in a Cup Semi Final v Bohemiens which forced him to retire at 24. He moved to Vietnam and started playing again before his wife poisened herself and their two children to death. Sad stuff. He is still fondly remembered by St. Pats fans.

As for your work colleague........less said the better!!!! We dont like SCUMrock Rovers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell him they havnt owned a home in 20 odd years and are still homeless!!!

Will definately drop by Shoeless Joes, thanks for the invite.

Happy New Year TFC. :scarf:

J .
01-04-2011, 02:07 PM
JsEwb1pERP4

Someone should have hired that Joe Quaid guy, he was unreal.

GabrielHurl
01-04-2011, 02:12 PM
Just so ya know - there was a hurling team established in the city last year. It was played for years from the late 60's to the mid-90's every summer in the city - but faded away due to problems with getting insurance

ACSertL
01-04-2011, 02:26 PM
A little late to the party, but welcome aboard :)

Juanito
01-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Welcome aboard new friend.

ilikemusic
01-04-2011, 03:12 PM
I love hurling. My dad was pretty good back in his day playing for Galway. When he came out here in the late 70s he played a couple exhibition matches at Exhibition Stadium. Love hurling. Such an awesome combo of soccer, hockey, baseball and everything else that is awesome.