PDA

View Full Version : Major freaking offseason rant!

LesH
12-17-2010, 12:23 AM
How many freaking more days I have to come to this forum this freaking offseason and waste my freaking time reading freaking typical offseason threads before I can read some freaking important announcements and comments about the freaking new TFC manager, the freaking new TFC coach, and some freaking new TFC player signings?

I'm asking just some freaking new sense making real news for TFC, that's freaking too much to ask, so I'm freaking out of my mind???
I'm freaking hating this freaking offseason!

Major freaking apologies if I made you lost some freaking time of yours reading this freaking offseason rant!

billyfly
12-17-2010, 12:25 AM
Calm down Boudreau

LesH
12-17-2010, 12:26 AM
Calm down Boudreau

I'm freaking tryin' to calm down, though I'm not freaking Boudreau.

billyfly
12-17-2010, 12:35 AM
You're right. Boudreau was using the other F word.

TFCRegina
12-17-2010, 03:13 AM
Yawn. Boring post. Shit will happen when it does. At least, TFC has figured out that taking time in decisions is smarter than being decisively retarded.

Keystone FC
12-17-2010, 03:46 AM
How many fraking more days I have to come to this forum this fraking offseason and waste my fraking time reading fraking typical offseason threads before I can read some fraking important announcements and comments about the fraking new TFC manager, the fraking new TFC coach, and some fraking new TFC player signings?

I'm asking just some fraking new sense making real news for TFC, that's fraking too much to ask, so I'm fraking out of my mind???
I'm fraking hating this fraking offseason!

Major fraking apologies if I made you lost some fraking time of yours reading this fraking offseason rant!
FYP BSG style.:D

Ossington Mental Youth
12-17-2010, 04:22 AM
freaking

London
12-17-2010, 05:48 AM
so you want news????

TFC signs ronaldo, messi, torres, and even george best will be in TFC red this season.

here is a note, if your gonna rant, make it worthwhile, this was a real weak attempt

Yeoman
12-17-2010, 06:28 AM
http://raiderholics.com/images/mondays.jpg

sounds like someones got a case of the off seasons
suck it the fuck up butter cup.
you really don't think there's going to be eighty threads when we do get a new coach/gm/player/shit throwing monkey?

BeerBaron95
12-17-2010, 07:53 AM
Yawn. Boring post. Shit will happen when it does. At least, TFC has figured out that taking time in decisions is smarter than being decisively retarded.

usually feel the same about your posts.

just saying

Chevy
12-17-2010, 08:27 AM
Chill.

Typically the slow and measured approach to finding a management team is more successful than the reactionary method.

Azerban
12-17-2010, 08:28 AM
ooltra gangbang

19Barrett19
12-17-2010, 08:38 AM
The jan transfer widow will open and we will have some players to be excited about trust me. Also a x-mas present for tfc fans before the holidays expect a new coach on board. I would rather see a squad full of good players from over sees then the mls old timers like gbs or jpa. We will have something to cheer about real soon I know it.

prizby
12-17-2010, 08:40 AM
welcome to the offseason

wait til end of January for some good stuff

sully
12-17-2010, 08:49 AM
He does have a freaking point though about how slow they are moving on getting things in place...

tfcleeds
12-17-2010, 08:52 AM
I'm offended by this post - especially the extreme usage of the work "freaking". Please replace that word with "fucking" and I will be less offended, thank you.

BFin
12-17-2010, 09:11 AM
Here's a suggestion....stay off the freaking site.

It's not that difficult.

ag futbol
12-17-2010, 09:11 AM

This is true, although we're treading dangerously close to that time where someone will come in and might have to scramble to make off-season decisions.

After years of Mojo's last minute madness I think we deserve a well-thought and on-time plan. January will be huge.

http://www.fcbs.net/rlee/osworld/Im_RickJames_Bitch.jpg

Beach_Red
12-17-2010, 09:16 AM

The problem with this taking so long is that people get entranched in their positions. A lot of office politics will come into play (and MLSE have some very good players in that game) and the tougher it will be for a new guy dropped into the middle of an existing hierarchy to get things done.

The new guy will have to be a very well-established, very experienced manager with a solid, multi-year contract. It'll be interesting to see how much they pay and how many years are guaranteed.

Parkdale
12-17-2010, 09:23 AM
How many freaking more days I have to come to this forum this freaking offseason and waste my freaking time reading freaking typical offseason threads......

oh that's right - It's OUR job to sign the players. How did I forget? let's get on that right away!

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/9633/rolleyes1ei.gif

BFin
12-17-2010, 09:25 AM
I thought you'd have a DP by now...to be honest.

Nodoubtguy
12-17-2010, 09:26 AM
Boring!!!!

__wowza
12-17-2010, 09:28 AM
whoa there, calm down buddy.. here.. here's a picture to cheer you up..

http://blog.dayaal.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/1356look_at_this_duck-giraffe.jpg

BFin
12-17-2010, 09:28 AM
http://www.piginshit.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/chris-crocker.jpg

Parkdale
12-17-2010, 09:41 AM
leave her alone!

J .
12-17-2010, 09:43 AM
How many freaking more days I have to come to this forum this freaking offseason and waste my freaking time reading freaking typical offseason threads before I can read some freaking important announcements and comments about the freaking new TFC manager, the freaking new TFC coach, and some freaking new TFC player signings?

I'm asking just some freaking new sense making real news for TFC, that's freaking too much to ask, so I'm freaking out of my mind???

Major freaking apologies if I made you lost some freaking time of yours reading this freaking offseason rant!

Heres the news, the organization is poor, there is nothing to be excited about. There are lots of stories about this season, but the media isnt writing it.

Kinda ridiculous we do not have our FO in order right now. Thats the story of the offseason.

Keystone FC
12-17-2010, 09:51 AM
Heres the news, the organization is poor, there is nothing to be excited about. There are lots of stories about this season, but the media isnt writing it.

Kinda ridiculous we do not have our FO in order right now. Thats the story of the offseason.
Pretty much the story of the past 4 offseasons.:facepalm:

bgnewf
12-17-2010, 09:56 AM
Mo was fired 93 days ago.

By any measure that is a hell of a long time to do this kind of search is it not??

Parkdale
12-17-2010, 10:00 AM
By any measure that is a hell of a long time to do this kind of search is it not??

time moves slower in the off season.

BFin
12-17-2010, 10:02 AM
I'd rather them make the right decision than have them rush it so we have some news to talk about on an online forum.

Why did that even need to be written?

TFCRegina
12-17-2010, 10:05 AM
Mo was fired 93 days ago.

Yes it is. And correctly so.

The average time it takes to change a manager in real life is usually less than 2 weeks and usually people cock it up. Better to take your time.

The fact that MLSE is taking their time in this seems to be far more inspiring to me (and reeks of confidence) than the previous dog and pony show where they'd hire a guy with credentials within a week of firing the last dude (which had the facade of confidence).

Toronto sports fans suffer for a reason. They're incredibly impatient and think things need to be done instantly. They also have this strange belief that activity is better than no activity, which is not always true. So teams will shuffle around medicore players for other mediocre players just so it looks like the club is doing something, instead of finding the correct player to fill the role required.

And then the Toronto sports fan never learns from their experience and generally makes the same demands of the Front Office of their sports teams that they made in the last 5 seasons of futility. And the cycle repeats.

Shway
12-17-2010, 10:20 AM
league prediction next year
14th-18th
do no be surprised

Yagbod
12-17-2010, 10:23 AM
There are so many levels of negativity in this thread. Bitching about the team, the board, the offseason, the strange way time slows down between last game and first. I think MLSE should be responsible for supplying some sweet medicinal MJ for us. It is the least they could do...

Detroit_TFC
12-17-2010, 10:31 AM
The offseason is great. Everyone's opinion is undeniable. Much like during the season. :)

Beach_Red
12-17-2010, 10:32 AM
league prediction next year
14th-18th
do no be surprised

And that wouuld be fine if it looked like a proper organization was being built and that could certainly start happening very soon. This team has been bad for four years, it isn't going to turn around in one.

But somewhere out there an agent can't wait till his client gets picked at the last minute by Klinsmann and he gets to go negotiate a contract with Anselmi. Will TFC have the most expensive FO in the league?

ensco
12-17-2010, 10:51 AM
It all depends on what they do. Personally I'm generally glad that they're not taking on contracts before figuring out the management structure. But we'll see.

I'm more worried that it's just going to be the existing group, and that this "search" is a bit of a sham, in which case, the ranter is right!

In the meantime, Forza Mazembe!

LesH
12-18-2010, 04:05 AM
And that wouuld be fine if it looked like a proper organization was being built and that could certainly start happening very soon. This team has been bad for four years, it isn't going to turn around in one.

But somewhere out there an agent can't wait till his client gets picked at the last minute by Klinsmann and he gets to go negotiate a contract with Anselmi. Will TFC have the most expensive FO in the league?

Don't agree!
Wouldn't be freaking fine finishing among places 14-18, no matter how freaking promising will look season 2012. I mean seriously, how freaking promising could look the next season if with all freaking major moves in both FO (some limited personnel changes, some work-style changes?) and players were done and we finished in place 15 overall?

Why other freaking franchises could turn around in just 1 year, or at least dramatically improve in just 1 freaking year, but not a freaking Toronto pro sports franchise?
Errrr... I freaking forget, maybe because almost all the pro TO teams are owned by the same freaking organization?!

LesH
12-18-2010, 04:31 AM
Here's a suggestion....stay off the freaking site.

It's not that difficult.

Thanks for your freaking advise but thanks no!

It's difficult because this freaking board is a lot better than the whole freaking MLSE. Was better to spend my freaking time here then watching about 50% of all the games watched since the existence of TFC, which said 50% matches were freaking shitty quality footy.

Now understand that I can only watch the freaking TFC games on streams or rarely on freaking TV. I live far from Toronto, so I totally freaking missed the BMO live-experience, which probably makes a lots of those freaking games a lot more freaking bearable, heck, even freaking enjoyable. Without the freaking fans, this franchise would've been a freaking disaster failure.

nascarguy
12-18-2010, 04:52 AM
http://www.piginshit.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/chris-crocker.jpg
looks like some took a photo of parkdale again.....lol

TFCin110
12-18-2010, 01:34 PM
xVxxLYmypv8

Brooker
12-18-2010, 03:10 PM
i like soup.

LesH
12-18-2010, 05:04 PM
xVxxLYmypv8

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5163/5272381536_ff58e76757_b.jpg

TheKing7
12-18-2010, 10:01 PM
I just want to be excited about the squad. That's all I ask, but for 4 years now, the 5th upcoming I have yet to be legitimately excited about our squad. Now may be worse than ever. We are void at the helm, haven't brought in any legitimate improvement to the squad and the future of our current squad, including our captain is completely in shambles. Oh well, at least we have Frei.

DichioTFC
12-18-2010, 10:09 PM

HX0fIi3H-es

ag futbol
12-18-2010, 10:39 PM
Yes it is. And correctly so.

The average time it takes to change a manager in real life is usually less than 2 weeks and usually people cock it up. Better to take your time.

The fact that MLSE is taking their time in this seems to be far more inspiring to me (and reeks of confidence) than the previous dog and pony show where they'd hire a guy with credentials within a week of firing the last dude (which had the facade of confidence).

Toronto sports fans suffer for a reason. They're incredibly impatient and think things need to be done instantly. They also have this strange belief that activity is better than no activity, which is not always true. So teams will shuffle around medicore players for other mediocre players just so it looks like the club is doing something, instead of finding the correct player to fill the role required.

And then the Toronto sports fan never learns from their experience and generally makes the same demands of the Front Office of their sports teams that they made in the last 5 seasons of futility. And the cycle repeats.
I really doubt the mentality of a Toronto fan is that different from anywhere else or would be that different from any other place with the track record our teams have. The types of moves you're talking about aren't about fans demanding short sighted decisions. It's desperate managers who have made poor decisions, compounding them further by taking big risks to save their own bacon.

Haven't we seen this current TFC situation several times before, with the raptors hiring a consultant and the leafs using Cliff Fletcher as their intern guy? As it stands, both those teams have some work to do just to reach the middle of the pack.

I am waiting cautiously to see what happens. Whoever comes in here has important decisions to make and the time they have to make those is becoming increasingly small. This is the time where MLS managers do important work that impacts the season. Someone needs to be here soon, otherwise we're going to be talking about another gong-show for the first 10 games or maybe even 2012 before the new manager can make an impact.

90 days was plenty of time to make this decision. It needs to be done soon.

DichioTFC
12-18-2010, 11:39 PM
I really doubt the mentality of a Toronto fan is that different from anywhere else or would be that different from any other place with the track record our teams have. The types of moves you're talking about aren't about fans demanding short sighted decisions. It's desperate managers who have made poor decisions, compounding them further by taking big risks to save their own bacon.

Haven't we seen this current TFC situation several times before, with the raptors hiring a consultant and the leafs using Cliff Fletcher as their intern guy? As it stands, both those teams have some work to do just to reach the middle of the pack.

I am waiting cautiously to see what happens. Whoever comes in here has important decisions to make and the time they have to make those is becoming increasingly small. This is the time where MLS managers do important work that impacts the season. Someone needs to be here soon, otherwise we're going to be talking about another gong-show for the first 10 games or maybe even 2012 before the new manager can make an impact.

90 days was plenty of time to make this decision. It needs to be done soon.

Disagree on most accounts. Toronto-fan mentality is a bit extreme because the desire to be successful is there but the results aren't (it'll make a fan of any team impatient - Toronto moreso because every team has sucked for awhile). It breeds a culture of "win now" and shortsightedness (case and point: MoJo /Preki roster overhaul in the 2010 preseason when we were literally a point away from the playoffs).

this isn't simply hiring a new guy. the structure of the organization needs an overhaul from top to bottom, and that takes time. there's no point in hiring a 5-star guy if we have 2-star facilities / culture / organizational structure. high level management decisions need to be made that the fans either dont understand or don't care for.

90 days is not enough. there's absolutely no rush, the season is 3 months away. if we get someone in 5-6 weeks before the season begins, I'll be content.

TFC/Everton
12-19-2010, 12:48 AM
This ship is sinking. I am ashamed to admit, I spend more time on the Bluejays forum.

Keystone FC
12-19-2010, 04:01 AM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61iuD8FPD3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

ag futbol
12-19-2010, 12:25 PM
Disagree on most accounts. Toronto-fan mentality is a bit extreme because the desire to be successful is there but the results aren't (it'll make a fan of any team impatient - Toronto moreso because every team has sucked for awhile). It breeds a culture of "win now" and shortsightedness (case and point: MoJo /Preki roster overhaul in the 2010 preseason when we were literally a point away from the playoffs).

this isn't simply hiring a new guy. the structure of the organization needs an overhaul from top to bottom, and that takes time. there's no point in hiring a 5-star guy if we have 2-star facilities / culture / organizational structure. high level management decisions need to be made that the fans either dont understand or don't care for.

90 days is not enough. there's absolutely no rush, the season is 3 months away. if we get someone in 5-6 weeks before the season begins, I'll be content.
I tend to disagree. Did the Raptors and leafs not take a similar amount of time to make their measured decisions? It hasn't yielded any great results as of yet.

Of course the larger org structure and facility issues will take a long time to solve. But we can't exactly wait on those to be set in stone before we hire someone. It will take years for them to be built.

As for the expectations of fans, I don't think that plays out in the mind of general managers as much as we might like to think.

Anyway, we appear to be at an impasse. I don't think either of us will be changing the others opinion.

TOBOR !
12-19-2010, 06:37 PM

I see what you did there.

Voodooman
12-19-2010, 06:52 PM
This guy is killing the word freaking. It seems like that is the only adjective he knows.

LesH
12-20-2010, 06:28 PM
This guy is killing the word freaking. It seems like that is the only adjective he knows.

Some freaking folks have a freaking absence of a freaking sense of humor :rolleyes:.

jloome
12-20-2010, 09:02 PM
There's an assumption here that everything is frozen until the person is named, which is a bit naive. They're likely working potential recruits like mad, and keeping the four or five on their shortlist informed under an NDA, so that thew new boss isn't surprised.

It's not rocket science. I'd be surprised if we didn't have new faces in camp or weren't working on them already, even with MLSE's track record.

Super
12-20-2010, 09:28 PM
I'd rather them make the right decision than have them rush it so we have some news to talk about on an online forum.

I don't want TFC to rush into making decisions either, especially knowing their history in that department. However, to be honest, I think we're well beyond a "rush-job" at this point. They've had plenty of time to properly scour the market and interview potential candidates. Now they're just being indecisive and, well, slow. But let's wait and see - for all we know they already have the right candidate(s) (if we're getting both a GM + a coach) in place and are just working on the contract situation. But again, who the fuck knows. This club is run by a bunch of idiots (as have been proven time and time again) and even Klinsmann may not be able to save us.

Beach_Red
12-20-2010, 10:27 PM
There's an assumption here that everything is frozen until the person is named, which is a bit naive. They're likely working potential recruits like mad, and keeping the four or five on their shortlist informed under an NDA, so that thew new boss isn't surprised.

It's not rocket science. I'd be surprised if we didn't have new faces in camp or weren't working on them already, even with MLSE's track record.

There's MLSE's record and then there's Soccer Solutions record (have they done many hirings of managers?) and who's handlimg this?

I hope you're rignt that behind the scenes everything is being done. Klinsman said there would be a new manager before Christmas, I hope he's right.

Azerban
12-20-2010, 10:39 PM
Some freaking folks have a freaking absence of a freaking sense of humor :rolleyes:.

the joke, it's this thread!!!

BFin
12-21-2010, 08:59 AM
Thanks for your freaking advise but thanks no!

It's difficult because this freaking board is a lot better than the whole freaking MLSE. Was better to spend my freaking time here then watching about 50% of all the games watched since the existence of TFC, which said 50% matches were freaking shitty quality footy.

Now understand that I can only watch the freaking TFC games on streams or rarely on freaking TV. I live far from Toronto, so I totally freaking missed the BMO live-experience, which probably makes a lots of those freaking games a lot more freaking bearable, heck, even freaking enjoyable. Without the freaking fans, this franchise would've been a freaking disaster failure.

First off, stop using the word freaking. It makes you sound like that dorky teacher everyone hated in High School. We're mostly adults here, despite our actions.

I don't know what your second sentence means, but it sounds like you don't like the quality of soccer. Why are you watching?

You could pay for cable and watch everyone of them in glorious HD. Why does not paying for TV make you mad about the team? I do like the use of Freaking Disaster Failure...solid term.

nfitz
12-21-2010, 10:08 AM
Some freaking folks have a freaking absence of a freaking sense of humor :rolleyes:.Some people can't even do a decent rant ... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

uncle p
12-21-2010, 10:22 AM

It would probably help if your post was funny.......

Sweeper
12-21-2010, 01:04 PM
WTF!!!!....when's there going to be an announcement???? I can't take it anymore!!!!

Sorry just had to get that off my chest....I'll be ok for another 24 hours.

__wowza
12-21-2010, 01:10 PM
to take your mind off of the lack of announcement, just thought i'd let you know that my co-worker just farted and it smells like blood.

TOBOR !
12-21-2010, 01:15 PM
Sucks to be either of you.

rocker
12-21-2010, 01:17 PM
my co-worker just farted and it smells like blood.

FOREVER RED!!!

Roogsy
12-21-2010, 01:40 PM
Some people can't even do a decent rant ... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Is my help required? :D

LesH
12-21-2010, 05:45 PM
This ship is sinking. I am ashamed to admit, I spend more time on the Bluejays forum.

There's no freaking ship to sink, because this freaking club was a submarine all it's freaking existence until now.
The big freaking question is that will ever become a freaking ship which will sail on the freaking ocean of football?

LesH
12-21-2010, 05:47 PM
Some people can't even do a decent rant ... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh yea?
Then be my freaking guest, and make a better freaking rant thread! :D