PDA

View Full Version : Former Red Hunter Freeman to Houston

Smokecell
12-16-2010, 09:40 PM
http://www.houstondynamo.com/news/2010/12/dynamo-set-add-hunter-freeman

Good signing for Houston, in the short time we had him I thought he was pretty solid. Did anyone follow his progress at Start?

stoked
12-16-2010, 09:47 PM
How did we not retain his rights?

Smokecell
12-16-2010, 09:50 PM
How did we not retain his rights?

thats a good question, if the timbers drafting findley and bornstein have taught me anything though, it's that USMNT players have their rights retained by their MLS club so possibly that rule is exclusive to USMNT players...I don't believe he (freeman) was capped at the senior level

razor787
12-16-2010, 09:51 PM
When we got him from New York, he had signed a contract for a team in Europe after the MLS season finished. When Toronto got him, the deal was that the Bulls would keep his rights (In my opinion, the worst trade mo ever did. Knowing that he was leaving for Europe shortly, and not even getting retaining rights, and Mo gave up a high draft pick to aquire him for those 2 months) if he decided to come back to the MLS.

The Bulls must have traded his rights to Houston.

rocker
12-16-2010, 09:55 PM
I dont remember much about him in those 7 games... except this:

1ZtD-30YKBk

zeelaw
12-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Remember that awesome Freeman O.G.

zeelaw
12-16-2010, 09:58 PM
lol rocker^^^ nice... same thought as me

ArmenJBX
12-16-2010, 09:59 PM
The guy scored for Houston before even signing for them???

Only us.

razor787
12-16-2010, 10:55 PM
haha, i was about to post the same thing

that was his first game too, if i remember correctly

prizby
12-16-2010, 11:00 PM
When we got him from New York, he had signed a contract for a team in Europe after the MLS season finished. When Toronto got him, the deal was that the Bulls would keep his rights (In my opinion, the worst trade mo ever did. Knowing that he was leaving for Europe shortly, and not even getting retaining rights, and Mo gave up a high draft pick to aquire him for those 2 months) if he decided to come back to the MLS.

The Bulls must have traded his rights to Houston.

i don't recall this...anyone confirm it?

i thought we got 2 years on his rights?

Smokecell
12-16-2010, 11:07 PM
Found this for clarification...

Toronto FC retains Freeman's rights until Dec. 31, 2009. If Freeman returns to the league before or on that date, Toronto FC will give New York its second round 2011 MLS SuperDraft pick. If Freeman returns after Dec. 31, 2009, New York retains Freeman's MLS rights and would not receive compensation by Toronto FC.

Source - http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3717246

rocker
12-16-2010, 11:14 PM
\ Mo gave up a high draft pick to aquire him for those 2 months) if he decided to come back to the MLS.

nah, Mo didn't give up anything to get him, as it turned out. According to the link posted above, he gave NY 2 picks in the 2009 Supplemental Draft, a draft that was cancelled and never took place.

That was the draft that occurred after the Superdraft. Third/Fourth round picks in the Supplemental Draft were worth almost nothing back in the day...

Yohan
12-17-2010, 02:08 AM
I remember Freeman being a solid fullback, except for that one OG

poppamidnight
12-17-2010, 10:43 AM
nah, Mo didn't give up anything to get him, as it turned out. According to the link posted above, he gave NY 2 picks in the 2009 Supplemental Draft, a draft that was cancelled and never took place.

That was the draft that occurred after the Superdraft. Third/Fourth round picks in the Supplemental Draft were worth almost nothing back in the day...

Wow.... shows how much research razor787 does :facepalm:

Another example of people just talking nonsense

TOBOR !
12-19-2010, 06:40 PM
That OG was right in front of me. As soon as I read his name I remembered it. Stupid Sutton, that's what you get for creeping up behind your defenders, trying to scare them.