PDA

View Full Version : Teal Bunbury on trial at Stoke City

anto7
12-16-2010, 04:54 PM
Sporting Kansas City's Teal Bunbury in Stoke City trial

Stoke City have handed a week's trial to Sporting Kansas City's United States international striker Teal Bunbury.

The 20-year-old scored for the reserves in a 3-1 defeat by Wigan on Tuesday.

Coach Dave Kemp told BBC Radio Stoke: "We're looking to see how he can fit in. It doesn't mean a signing is imminent, it's a chance to have a look.

"He's got some power, got some pace, he can score, but that's a long way from us signing him, we haven't even discussed it yet."

Bunbury made his international debut against South Africa last month, and was playing in a youth tournament in Spain when he was invited to train with the Potters last week.

The former Canada Under-20 international scored five goals in 26 appearances last season for his club side, then called Kansas City Wizards.

TFC OZZ
12-16-2010, 04:56 PM
Teal who?

Brooker
12-16-2010, 05:00 PM
I read about this last week and nearly had a stroke. first Assmear, now this.

even if for some reason we did sign him, which im 100% certain we won't, he'd be behind Fuller, Jones, Walters, Tuncay, Gudjohnsen & Sidibe. Players who are miles better than him. miles. We need a RB, not a striker. I can't wrap my head around this.

anto7
12-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Son of Canadian international legend Alex Bunbury.
Selected in the draft last year.

J .
12-16-2010, 06:17 PM
I hope he breaks a leg. Literally.

werewolf
12-16-2010, 06:21 PM

well, he'll be practicing with Ryan Shawcross...:rolleyes:

Smokecell
12-16-2010, 10:09 PM
Sporting KC twitter confirmed this isn't a trial

http://twitter.com/SportingKC/status/14777025449435136

zeelaw
12-16-2010, 10:32 PM
The guy better hope he get sent away before the KC game at BMO... fucker is gonna destroyed.

TFC Via Buffalo
12-16-2010, 10:43 PM
The guy better hope he get sent away before the KC game at BMO... fucker is gonna destroyed.

Not by everyone. ;)

I'm not going to openly cheer for him, but I'm not going to make it a point to boo him unless he dose something good for KC. I'm still Toronto till I die, after all.

TFC OZZ
12-16-2010, 11:29 PM
Son of Canadian international legend Alex Bunbury.
Selected in the draft last year.

Yeah, I know haha. My sarcasm was lost in translation.

TFCRegina
12-17-2010, 02:54 AM
Not by everyone. ;)

I'm not going to openly cheer for him, but I'm not going to make it a point to boo him unless he dose something good for KC. I'm still Toronto till I die, after all.

I know you're American, but man you sang the Anthem when I stood beside you. You're more fucking Canadian than this treacherous cunt who was born here and jumped ship so he could be #15 in the US depth chart so that one day he MIGHT have a chance at a World Cup.

I'd rather have an American who supports a Canadian club and what it stands for despite them being shitty at my side any day (with divided loyalties nationally), than some two bit nation traitor who cares just about making a fucking tournament.

I can never call your loyalty in doubt because you're here to support a team that depresses daily. But Teal is a fucking cunt who took Canadian resources and jumped ship as soon as he impressed a bigger teams' coach. It'd bother me a lot less if he just would have played for the US U-20, U-17 programs and not for Canada, but he's wasted our money and time. He's a cunt through and through.

Milky
12-17-2010, 03:54 AM
The one consolation that we can take away from this is that Asmir and Teal would be playing for Stoke City. Seriously, for those of you who don't know what Stoke is like, just try living there for a few months. Its two major claims to fame are Robbie Williams and a theme park in a parking lot. If the city had walls it could pass as a prison. No joke.

Menelaos
12-17-2010, 07:17 AM

Both legs.

zeelaw
12-17-2010, 10:23 AM
Not by everyone. ;)

lol fair enough buffalo...

nfitz
12-17-2010, 10:46 AM
I'm still Toronto till I die, after all.Apparently not if your willing to cheer for a traitor who sold out his nation. But then again, perhaps you have no problem with selling out your nation ... :)

Oldtimer
12-17-2010, 02:10 PM
The US had the same problem as we often do a while back... there was a very good American of Italian heritage that declared for Italy. You can well imagine what Bill Archer thought of that. :rolleyes:

TFC1154ever
12-17-2010, 02:35 PM
^
Trivia question...an easy one at that :).

Detroit_TFC
12-17-2010, 02:41 PM
^ You can't mention Giuseppi Rossi around US supporters without them losing their shit. The fact is that Rossi made his decision much younger than Bunbury, so that's somewhat different.

The general fact is that this happens all around town. US just snatched the captain of the German U-17 team, Fabian Hurzeler (born in Houston), I'm sure the Germans were overjoyed at that happening.

Edit: reviewing the BS chatter on this, he may not have been the perm cpt, just stepped in to captaincy in a few games. General point stands. With the new FIFA rules, youth switches will be more common.

Thrillos
12-17-2010, 04:37 PM
I don't understand the hate for Bunburry not sticking with Canada. He left Canada was he was 2 fucking years old. Never lived here since, and spent his teens in the US.

Don't get mad at him, get mad at the CSA and the canadian program not locking him down when he was in the program and a top college player. Instead they waited until he made a name for himself in the MLS and then waited for him to decide between the states and canada.

A World Cup chance and the country you spent your time becoming the person that you are.

Based on the assumption that because he was born here he should play for us means that we shouldn't have even had his dad playing for us.... he wasn't born here.....

zeelaw
12-17-2010, 04:53 PM
I don't understand the hate for Bunburry not sticking with Canada. He left Canada was he was 2 fucking years old. Never lived here since, and spent his teens in the US.

Don't get mad at him, get mad at the CSA and the canadian program not locking him down when he was in the program and a top college player. Instead they waited until he made a name for himself in the MLS and then waited for him to decide between the states and canada.

A World Cup chance and the country you spent your time becoming the person that you are.

Based on the assumption that because he was born here he should play for us means that we shouldn't have even had his dad playing for us.... he wasn't born here.....
Teal B played in the U20 program (all-be-it 3 games I think)... and he also said he felt Canadian at the draft....

So he basically used Canada to get where he is at... fuck him for that

Thrillos
12-17-2010, 05:33 PM
Teal B played in the U20 program (all-be-it 3 games I think)... and he also said he felt Canadian at the draft....

So he basically used Canada to get where he is at... fuck him for that

I'm pretty sure playing the games in the Canadian u20 program had nothing to do where he is at... It was the US collegiate program that got him drafted to the MLS.

And the fact that he said he felt Canadian, was a top prospect in his rookie year, a top performer in his sophmore, and yet was barely brought into the Canadian National program.

I have no ill will towards Bunburry whats so-ever, I have ill will towards our horrible Canadian National soccer program. If anything we are pushing these young players away.

I am not blaming Hart though, he tried his best in the short time he had to convince Bunburry when he took over the Senior squad.

zeelaw
12-17-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm pretty sure playing the games in the Canadian u20 program had nothing to do where he is at... It was the US collegiate program that got him drafted to the MLS.

And the fact that he said he felt Canadian, was a top prospect in his rookie year, a top performer in his sophmore, and yet was barely brought into the Canadian National program.

I have no ill will towards Bunburry whats so-ever, I have ill will towards our horrible Canadian National soccer program. If anything we are pushing these young players away.

I am not blaming Hart though, he tried his best in the short time he had to convince Bunburry when he took over the Senior squad.

Bunbury turned down a call up from Hart citing he didn't want too lose his place in the first-team.

He kept Canada as an option in case the USA didn't want him.

Also, he took up another development spot in the U20 program from another player who could of gained a lot from it for Canada.

We can blame the CSA all we want, but its getting really fucking ridiculous how any failure is put on the CSA despite them trying. Hart is also wasting resources on trying to recruit these players...

If Bunbury would of said "No, I feel American" when they asked him to play all those years ago then by all means nothing is wrong...

moving on Begovic is the real cunt

TFCRegina
12-17-2010, 06:09 PM

He featured in the U-20 and U-17 squads. He wasted our resources. The CSA had him in our program and he jumped ship as soon as he got a chance.

He's no better than Ass-smear Begovic or Jacob 'The Head Case' Lensky.

Guys like Milan Borjan have a hell of a lot more Canadian in them than those two cunts. Borjan wasn't born here, never featured here, but will give back to the country that took him in as a refugee when he had to flee Bosnia (he's a Serb) due to the war.

TFCRegina
12-17-2010, 06:11 PM

Oh please do tell me how we're pushing Bunbury away?

Hart talked with him on the phone several times, he was called up to a senior camp and said he wanted to focus on his career.

Nobody pushed Bunbury away. He's a treacherous cunt and a shame to his family name.

Jeffro
12-17-2010, 07:24 PM
He's a treacherous cunt and a shame to his family name

Get a grip.The kid spent his whole life in the states, you can't blame him if that's where he dreamed of playing. He played a grand total of 3 games between u17 and u20, heavy dedication from the CSA that is.

Is everybody born with dual nationality a "treacherous cunt" because they make a decision as to where they want to play? They'd be vilified by one country either way.

rocker
12-17-2010, 08:02 PM
Get a grip.The kid spent his whole life in the states, you can't blame him if that's where he dreamed of playing. He played a grand total of 3 games between u17 and u20, heavy dedication from the CSA that is.

Is everybody born with dual nationality a "treacherous cunt" because they make a decision as to where they want to play? They'd be vilified by one country either way.

nobody is born with dual nationality. you're born in one country.

jloome
12-17-2010, 08:20 PM
nobody is born with dual nationality. you're born in one country.

...about which you have no choice or control until past adolescence.

prizby
12-17-2010, 08:35 PM

its not so much him playing for usa, but the way he said it and went about it and LIED!

werewolf
12-17-2010, 09:22 PM

Then he should have turned down Canada's initial call-ups to the youth squads.

Pachuco
12-18-2010, 01:23 AM

a fucking men. People will find any excuse to hate on a guy who chooses not to play for Canada. Good on Teal. I support him.

Thrillos
12-18-2010, 01:44 AM
I don't even blame asmir for leaving the canadian program. He said in an interview with Forrest that he went an entire year with out hearing from anyone in the canadian national team program.

He was called up twice and sat on the bench, when we should have put him in to cap tie him, since we know he has dual citizenship.

Bosnia did exactly that when he accepted a call from them when no one from the canadian program was contacting him. They subbed him in the 92 minute of game so that he was capped.

To open up a whole another can of worms on the disfuctionality of the canadian nation team program, the one you all love to hate, hargreaves left and went to the bayern munich academy because he was cut from a canadian national youth team.

How does a kid that went straight into the Bayern munich acadamy get cut by a canadian acadamy team.... i'll tell you how, fucking politics

Don't blame the players, blame the csa and get your facts straight on the players and put yourself in there shoes

A country thats at a lower level that puts no effort into a relationship with the player, or a country that has a chance in the world cup that treats the player like the next star of the NT.

J .
12-18-2010, 02:19 AM
^ I dont give a fuck if he is the second coming of Mother Theresa herself. Fuck him.

TFCRegina
12-18-2010, 03:36 AM
^ I dont give a fuck if he is the second coming of Mother Theresa herself. Fuck him.

Plus one.

And if a player makes his decision on whether he's going to play for Canada on getting cut from a god damn U-15 camp ONCE in his career, then he never had intentions to play for us in the first place.

I'll note that lovely little WHORE you referenced with Bayern Munich stabbed Wales in arse as well, wasting their valuable Youth resources, before making that hop skip and jump off to England. The man just reeks of loyalty to his nation right? Oh which one...which one...ah right, the one that's most convenient for him.

Screw Canadians of convenience.

Give me Borjan, and you can take Ass-smear. Bosnia has yet to win ANY title ever, or even qualify for the World Cup.

So I'll take our 2000 Gold Cup win, and our 1986 World Cup qualification and say fuck you to Bosnia.

Finally, Teal will never be a regular member of any US squad. If he is, the US program is in a serious danger zone. I've mentioned to others that Bunbury wouldn't even be in the Canadian Top 8, he sure as shit won't be in the US top 15.

TFCRegina
12-18-2010, 03:37 AM
Then he should have turned down Canada's initial call-ups to the youth squads.

This.

Wasted the precious few resources the CSA had to further his own development when it was suitable to him.

Thrillos
12-18-2010, 06:37 AM
Plus one.

And if a player makes his decision on whether he's going to play for Canada on getting cut from a god damn U-15 camp ONCE in his career, then he never had intentions to play for us in the first place.

I'll note that lovely little WHORE you referenced with Bayern Munich stabbed Wales in arse as well, wasting their valuable Youth resources, before making that hop skip and jump off to England. The man just reeks of loyalty to his nation right? Oh which one...which one...ah right, the one that's most convenient for him.

Screw Canadians of convenience.

Give me Borjan, and you can take Ass-smear. Bosnia has yet to win ANY title ever, or even qualify for the World Cup.

So I'll take our 2000 Gold Cup win, and our 1986 World Cup qualification and say fuck you to Bosnia.

Finally, Teal will never be a regular member of any US squad. If he is, the US program is in a serious danger zone. I've mentioned to others that Bunbury wouldn't even be in the Canadian Top 8, he sure as shit won't be in the US top 15.

The point I am making on Hargreaves being cut is that it wasn't just getting cut at 15, it was because players that were picked ahead of him were nephews or cousins of someone within the csa. Something that if you know the system, and how much worse it was 10 or 15 years ago, is far more common than you would think.

Thats why he left, why keep trying to get into a team that you needed to be a relative of someone to get on.

I also agree with you with Wales, they put time and money into him just for him to jump ship to England. The welsh can hate him all they want, in my opinion, we as canadians can't feel like we missed out on him because we never had him.

Also, Bosnia may have no silverware, but is that country not only like 10 years old as it was part of Yugoslavia. I am not gonna look into specific years or anything but I am pretty sure that they may have only been able to qualify for the last 2 or 3 world cups anyway.

Finally, I think your going to be wrong about Teal not becoming a top player. He has the natural skill and the soccer smart to be able to read the game. He's still young and his worth as a player increased exponentially throughout his first pro season.

He is training with Stoke city, and integrated quickly into there reserve side. His first game with the reserve squad he scored a goal and was noted as one of the top players on the field. (I did not see the game, I can only go by what was written on game recaps.)

I think he's the next dempsey for the states.

You can hate the players that leave and don't choose canada all you want, but I look at the common denominator for all the players not choosing canada. The CSA needs to be reformed, its somewhat in the works now, but I really don't think most know just how messed up and corrupt it was and how that doesn't disappear by changing a few guys at the top.

koryo
12-18-2010, 08:26 AM
Ah yes, another "let's hate <insert name here> because he doesn't want to play for Canada" thread.

Direct your venom against the national association that makes playing for this country such an unattractive proposition. Don't hate the player for having sense, that's just lazy & childish thinking.

Not playing for Canada has nothing to do with loving this country or not. It's everything to do with a bungling and incompetent FA.

In other words, Thrillos is spot on here.

TFCRegina
12-18-2010, 01:33 PM
Ah yes, another "let's hate <insert name here> because he doesn't want to play for Canada" thread.

Direct your venom against the national association that makes playing for this country such an unattractive proposition. Don't hate the player for having sense, that's just lazy & childish thinking.

Not playing for Canada has nothing to do with loving this country or not. It's everything to do with a bungling and incompetent FA.

In other words, Thrillos is spot on here.

Sorry Koryo, you're wrong and that's that.

You can only blame the CSA for so long. When they reach out to players and the players turn them down, the onus is onto the players. Bunbury was not driven away, neither was Whoregraeves, regardless of what the English Team followers say. Begovic was called up twice (Actually more but he turned those down too).

The point is, the CSA did something, these players had a choice, they could have done something and said no.

You can't continually blame the FA because a large number of Canadians could give two shits about their country.

TFCRegina
12-18-2010, 01:37 PM
He is training with Stoke city, and integrated quickly into there reserve side. His first game with the reserve squad he scored a goal and was noted as one of the top players on the field. (I did not see the game, I can only go by what was written on game recaps.)

You know who else played in the English Reserve League? Rohan Ricketts. Playing in a Reserve team means shit. Bunbury is shit, and will remain shit.

J .
12-18-2010, 01:52 PM
The fact is anyone who leaves Canada will not taste international glory. Its the Canadian curse.

Begovic, JDG2, Whoregraves they all have and will continue to enjoy international failure.

I direct my venom to player and association. So fuck them both.

However, its the players on the pitch who play the game. The association can do the outside stuff shitty, but the players can still perform. How bad are the African nations FAs, but their players still come home to play?

Fuck the traitors, fuck the enablers and sack the CSA.

Super Cereal
12-18-2010, 02:02 PM
The fact is anyone who leaves Canada will not taste international glory. Its the Canadian curse.

Begovic, JDG2, Whoregraves they all have and will continue to enjoy international failure.

I direct my venom to player and association. So fuck them both.

However, its the players on the pitch who play the game. The association can do the outside stuff shitty, but the players can still perform. How bad are the African nations FAs, but their players still come home to play?

Fuck the traitors, fuck the enablers and sack the CSA.

Well said. Anyone placing sole blame on the CSA is a ****ing traitor. Both sides are ****ing scum.

werewolf
12-18-2010, 02:13 PM
The common denominator is the way these players go about things. Total lack of dignity. Nobody is upfront about it, nobody says "im playing for this country, not Canada". They dick people around, and use Canada until they find a better option. I reiterate my idea from a previous thread about a GK, CSA should start requesting transfer fees, at least get on the cutting edge of things. If players are going to treat it like club football, and show no class or loyalty, then the CSA should get something out of it, like clubs do in developing players.

drewski
12-18-2010, 02:22 PM

Both legs.

classy :rolleyes:

not liking somebody cause they choose to play somewhere else is one thing, but wishing injury to them just isn't cool.

Thrillos
12-18-2010, 02:26 PM
Well said. Anyone placing sole blame on the CSA is a ****ing traitor. Both sides are ****ing scum.

Its a discussion, no need to get personal there bud. That statement just showed who the true scum is.....,

Anyway back to the discussion, j. and roogsy your right about not placing sole blame onto the CSA, as the players did have a choice.

Also, begovic turned down the calls after his first 2 calls because it was a year after his previous ones and he had just agreed to get called up to the bosnian team. Which actually proves my point even more with the fact that the canadian program didn't call him until they heard he had gotten contact from the bosnian team.

And i wouldn't say Hargreaves hasn't had international glory. Just because he hasn't won a World Cup (which i am assuming your basing your analysis of that on) doesn't mean said player has never had international glory. I consider making it the world cup international glory. A canadian player would definitely consider qualifying for the world cup glorious time!!

Hargreaves has also been voted england national team player of the year twice, and was give the best england player for the 2004 world cup. I am not sure how that is not international glory......

Begovic is still extremely young, especially for a goalkeeper.

Also the african nations comment, lets not forget how many african born players that immigrated to european countries and decided to play for those countries and not there birth country, for the exact same reason we are having here in canada.

The only reason the african countries are getting better is because they actually have a better you academy programs for there national teams. There FA's may be corrupt but they are miles and miles ahead of us in the academy programs.

Thrillos
12-18-2010, 02:31 PM
The common denominator is the way these players go about things. Total lack of dignity. Nobody is upfront about it, nobody says "im playing for this country, not Canada". They dick people around, and use Canada until they find a better option. I reiterate my idea from a previous thread about a GK, CSA should start requesting transfer fees, at least get on the cutting edge of things. If players are going to treat it like club football, and show no class or loyalty, then the CSA should get something out of it, like clubs do in developing players.

Basically you just suggested that a country should be able to own a player/person. There is so much wrong with that i don't know where to begin.

anto7
12-18-2010, 02:41 PM
Wow, little did I realize what I was starting here when I posted this thread...lol

J .
12-18-2010, 02:42 PM
classy :rolleyes:

not liking somebody cause they choose to play somewhere else is one thing, but wishing injury to them just isn't cool.

:dupe:

v00d00daddy
12-18-2010, 02:49 PM
All of these injury wishes and all this hatred is fucking comical. Hating a guy for making a decision like Bunbury's is one thing. Wishing him injury and calling him a shame to his country or his family name is, again...funny.

All this big fucking talk from people who would probably gush all over him if they saw him in a bar. I'd like to see you guys wish him injury or call him names to his face...when he's in bitch slapping range. lol

I don't know or like Bunbury...I just despise people who talk all tough...as if Bunbury gives a shit if you think he's a traitor.

This talk should be ban worthy.

J .
12-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Each of these guys have the same thing. They made a mountain out of a molehill. They then used it to justify their move. Its called bullshit.

I support one thing and one thing only. Canada. Its easily black and white, its for and against, with us or against us, A or B.

This idea of broad umbrella mentality of love thy neighbour, who you play for doesnt matter, its just a game, love peace groovy, we can watch them on tv and its ok is a fanboy joke and theres no place for that in Canadian support.

Guys like Astone Morgan who play for the u-Canada teams but cheer for Jamaica should be shipped out of the country. Fuck head when to a CMNT game, wearing a Jamaican jersey, but has always lived in Canada, always played for Canada, but wants to be called up for Jamaica?

Why enable idiots? Why waste the training space? Why waste our time?

Either you support Canada, warts and all. Or you dont.

Hero or Zero.

Fuck the traitors, fuck the enablers and sack the CSA. They are all culprits.

werewolf
12-18-2010, 02:58 PM
Basically you just suggested that a country should be able to own a player/person. There is so much wrong with that i don't know where to begin.

No different then club football.

J .
12-18-2010, 02:59 PM
All of these injury wishes and all this hatred is fucking comical. Hating a guy for making a decision like Bunbury's is one thing. Wishing him injury and calling him a shame to his country or his family name is, again...funny.

All this big fucking talk from people who would probably gush all over him if they saw him in a bar. I'd like to see you guys wish him injury or call him names to his face...when he's in bitch slapping range. lol

I don't know or like Bunbury...I just despise people who talk all tough...as if Bunbury gives a shit if you think he's a traitor.

Id happily do that. I told the CMNT that after the Peru game. Face to face. Atiba, Hume, DeRo, Johnson, definately told them. All these "supporters" were gushing over them like tweens over bieber.

Fuck that.

This isnt kids league, this is international football. People need to let these clowns know they are being held accountable for the shit football they played.

Like Josh Simpson bitching about not having sold out games, when Dobson said wouldnt winning bring out fans, it was like someone shots simpsons dog. He was shocked to hear that.

Yeah, maybe you guys shouldnt quit in the second half? Maybe they should take it serious instead of blaming fans and supporters. Everyone who watched the WCQ's know the CMNT quit on the team, the coach, the nation, the fans, the supporters and themselves. They blamed everyone but the people who play the game.

Ill let fanboys blow smoke up these clowns asses. Me?

I'd tell you the same thing. Face to face. No problem. Anytime. Today?

Ban worthy? On a supporters forum?

Get on your roflcopter and fly away.

TFC Via Buffalo
12-18-2010, 03:19 PM
Apparently not if your willing to cheer for a traitor who sold out his nation. But then again, perhaps you have no problem with selling out your nation ... :)

Allow me to clarify, I'm Toronto FC till I die. If he scores 300 goals for the US national team, am I supposed to be pissed because he spurned the country of the team I support? That makes zero sense.

And Lars, you're right. I probably am more Canadian then him. :) Can probably guarantee I've spent WAY more time in Canada then he ever has!

Azerban
12-18-2010, 03:27 PM

lol look at all these bad opinions

Thrillos
12-18-2010, 03:37 PM
No different then club football.

The point of international football is that you play for your country. And no just because you were born in a country doesn't make it your country, which is why you can't have a country own players. How do you decide who gets who, it would be a clusterfuck, its also so different from club football on every level. The country you play for is what country you feel pride in saying your from there. In the case of bunburry, he wouldn't even remember living in canada, how would he say he feel canadian. The difference being, if you could transfer between countries then your essentially just creating a new club league with team names of countries.

How do you not see how wrong that is....

Brooker
12-18-2010, 03:39 PM

You'd like to see the guys who posted in this thread bitch slapped by Teal?

Will you be deleting your account or the mods? :D

werewolf
12-18-2010, 03:42 PM
The point of international football is that you play for your country. And no just because you were born in a country doesn't make it your country, which is why you can't have a country own players. How do you decide who gets who, it would be a clusterfuck, its also so different from club football on every level. The country you play for is what country you feel pride in saying your from there. In the case of bunburry, he wouldn't even remember living in canada, how would he say he feel canadian. The difference being, if you could transfer between countries then your essentially just creating a new club league with team names of countries.

How do you not see how wrong that is....

It's not that complicated. When you are brought into a youth national team set-up, you sign an agreement with that FA. If there is sometype of hesitation, or in Bunbury's case, if he never felt he was Canadian. Then don't waste everyone's time and energy.

If its not your country, dont accept a call-up from the national team. A little show of commitment goes a long way.

Players jumping around at the first chance to go to a better place like its a club football, with no financial compensation for the country that loses out. How do you not see how wrong that is....

TFCRegina
12-18-2010, 04:39 PM

And there's so much wrong with the concept a business should be able to own a player/person too, but we have the transfer fee in place anyway.

Why shouldn't there be transfer fees across FAs?

v00d00daddy
12-18-2010, 04:52 PM
You'd like to see the guys who posted in this thread bitch slapped by Teal?

Will you be deleting your account or the mods? :D

No I don't want to see anybody slap anyone.

I was mere saying that people wouldn't talk so tough if the person they were talking about were right in front of them.

Oldtimer
12-18-2010, 04:54 PM
Bundbury said a while ago he talked to his agent before making the decision.

It's all about money, and I'm not exactly positive about someone who sells out their country for money.

If any Americans think it's a good thing, they should apologize to Benedict Arnold's memory.

v00d00daddy
12-18-2010, 04:57 PM
Id happily do that. I told the CMNT that after the Peru game. Face to face. Atiba, Hume, DeRo, Johnson, definately told them. All these "supporters" were gushing over them like tweens over bieber.

Fuck that.

This isnt kids league, this is international football. People need to let these clowns know they are being held accountable for the shit football they played.

Like Josh Simpson bitching about not having sold out games, when Dobson said wouldnt winning bring out fans, it was like someone shots simpsons dog. He was shocked to hear that.

Yeah, maybe you guys shouldnt quit in the second half? Maybe they should take it serious instead of blaming fans and supporters. Everyone who watched the WCQ's know the CMNT quit on the team, the coach, the nation, the fans, the supporters and themselves. They blamed everyone but the people who play the game.

Ill let fanboys blow smoke up these clowns asses. Me?

I'd tell you the same thing. Face to face. No problem. Anytime. Today?

Ban worthy? On a supporters forum?

Get on your roflcopter and fly away.

I think the whole militant nationalism when it comes to football is a little overblown.

These guys don't choose to slight Canada because they hate the country. They choose other nations because Canada, historically, has not taken the CMNT seriously.

Everyone talks about how these guys are products of the Canadian system...but we forget that its that same system that has been fucking players around for decades.

It's only natural that the players, once they get themselves into a position of power, will use that power for their own advancement.

If it were me...yes...if I was talented enough to help turn the CMNT program around I would love the opportunity to represent my country and help them succeed. That being said, I get the guys who feel they've been screwed around for a long time and don't have any time for the powers that be at the CSA.

They don't hate Canada...they hate Canadian soccer....and it's hard blame them for that.

As for the roflcopter thing....I don't even know what that means so I can't respond. hahaha

Thrillos
12-18-2010, 05:21 PM
I think the whole militant nationalism when it comes to football is a little overblown.

These guys don't choose to slight Canada because they hate the country. They choose other nations because Canada, historically, has not taken the CMNT seriously.

Everyone talks about how these guys are products of the Canadian system...but we forget that its that same system that has been fucking players around for decades.

It's only natural that the players, once they get themselves into a position of power, will use that power for their own advancement.

If it were me...yes...if I was talented enough to help turn the CMNT program around I would love the opportunity to represent my country and help them succeed. That being said, I get the guys who feel they've been screwed around for a long time and don't have any time for the powers that be at the CSA.

They don't hate Canada...they hate Canadian soccer....and it's hard blame them for that.

As for the roflcopter thing....I don't even know what that means so I can't respond. hahaha

+1

Also, there was a time when even a youth team call up meant you were capped to that country. which would infact be somewhat of a contract, as once you start with the country you with that country for your career. Fifa changed that to only being cap tied to the senior squad because they were finding that young kids were being persuaded into different national teams. At such a young age to be deciding what country your going to represent (when you have more than one option, which in this day and age is becoming very common) they decided to make it the senior level, so that the player has time to mature and make his own decisions on such a big career defining move.

There are plus and minuses to the old system and the new system, you can obviously see the pros and cons yourself since its what we have been talking about this whole time.

I admit there are pro's and con's, it does suck when a player goes through a youth NT setup only to bail, but such is life. i don't blame the player, as more often than not its the player wanting to up there career to go to a more prominent NT outfit. I can't say I wouldn't do any different in the same situation, and no, not about money, about the chance to go to the world stage and not play against Jamaica and El Salvador and Panama....

Although I have to completely disagree with transfer's of national team players between countries, to me, its wrong on so many levels.

Thrillos
12-18-2010, 05:25 PM
It's not that complicated. When you are brought into a youth national team set-up, you sign an agreement with that FA. If there is sometype of hesitation, or in Bunbury's case, if he never felt he was Canadian. Then don't waste everyone's time and energy.

If its not your country, dont accept a call-up from the national team. A little show of commitment goes a long way.

Players jumping around at the first chance to go to a better place like its a club football, with no financial compensation for the country that loses out. How do you not see how wrong that is....

I remember seeing a special on the Brazilian youth academy and how they have these kids picked by scouts throughout the country and they actually go to a private school where they train and are educated. They are basically being trained for the NT program. I think remember it refering to some sort of agreement where if the player ends up making good money later in there career they have to "donate" back towards the academy.
don't quote me on it, but I believe the set up was something like that.

Now that I am all for, and i think something like that is a great idea.

SilverSamurai
12-18-2010, 09:52 PM
I'm not going to say I hope he breaks both legs, but won't shed a tear if he does.

IMO Morgan should be shipped out asap. If he loves Jamaica so much, then leave!

I also wouldn't put JDG2 in the same category as Whoregreaves and Begovic. At least JDG2 never said he'd pick Canada and led people on. Was always on the fence about it unlike the "others"...

DichioTFC
12-18-2010, 09:58 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs562.ash2/148452_969410696520_48921669_53996704_3732407_n.jp g

Teal 'Fuckin Bunbury.

Let the flaming begin ;)

TFCRegina
12-19-2010, 01:24 AM
Stop trolling Nav. That's laaaaaaaaame.

Heathen
12-19-2010, 09:06 AM

Given the fact that Bunbury's been in there since he was a toddler I have no issue with him chooisng the play for the US (just as many Canadians born elsewhere have chosen us). The issue I have is then don't lie in interviews stringing us along, that's why there's a sense of betrayal.
I also get a little tired of the "Blame the CSA" for every player who goes elsewhere. Yeah the CSA is fucked up but so are dozens of other national associations across the globe. Its become a convenient excuse that selfish players use that they know the media and fans like yourself will swallow regardless of whether that had any influence in their decision-making at all.

Thrillos
12-19-2010, 09:58 AM
Given the fact that Bunbury's been in there since he was a toddler I have no issue with him chooisng the play for the US (just as many Canadians born elsewhere have chosen us). The issue I have is then don't lie in interviews stringing us along, that's why there's a sense of betrayal.
I also get a little tired of the "Blame the CSA" for every player who goes elsewhere. Yeah the CSA is fucked up but so are dozens of other national associations across the globe. Its become a convenient excuse that selfish players use that they know the media and fans like yourself will swallow regardless of whether that had any influence in their decision-making at all.

I'm pretty sure you don't know the facts about our FA. Just to break it down for you a bit.

We are one of the only FA's that doesn't have scouts who go to major youth club tournaments and look for young talent to bring into the national youth program.

The point of the above is to bring them into better coaching, as coaching is supposed to be better in the National Program of countries (ie. just like playing most coaches should be striving to coach there national team) yet the CSA and the old boys club that it is, only hires coaches who are related or good friends with the guys on the executive. Meaning the coaches usually aren't the best of the best, but are joe's cousin.....
(not saying every youth coach is picked like this, but i know for a fact this is how some if not many have been picked)

Third, for a country this large, we should have youth national team setups in every province and in Ontario maybe a few because of the population size.

Just like coaches are picked for the youth program, so are players for the youth program. ie. Hargreaves saying screw this i'm apparently not good enough for the Canadian youth team, but i've been asked to join the Bayern Munich youth academy. What would you do...???

Lastly and if not most importantly, we are the only FA in the world to fund our national team program by the youth registration fees. Leaving the question of where does the corporate sponsorship and government funding, albeit not that much until recently, go? I am not saying its being pocketed as this I obviously cannot confirm, but up until a few years ago, the vast majority didn't give to shits about our soccer FA. Leaving no one really caring to overlook the "business" of the CSA.

So what I am trying to say, is that when someone says "Blame the CSA" they have a damn good reason to say it.

Also, I don't "swallow" any of that, its been well documented in interviews(which i stated previously) that players have said that they went for months without any contact with the national program while receiving calls weekly from other FA's they are eligible for to come out. Everyone wants to go where they feel wanted.

So please don't try to tell me i'm some sort of follower when you clearly have no facts to base that upon......

rocker
12-19-2010, 11:21 AM
To me the CSA is a the red herring in this debate on Bunbury. There's nothing that the CSA did that caused him to switch.

He just lied to people who interviewed him, talking up Canada, and then jumped to the US team.

Liar.

Thrillos
12-19-2010, 11:42 AM
what is he supposed to say when he is in the canadian program??

"yes I was called up to the canadian u20 game, but you know i am really just waiting for the us to call me up"

werewolf
12-19-2010, 12:00 PM
what is he supposed to say when he is in the canadian program??

"yes I was called up to the canadian u20 game, but you know i am really just waiting for the us to call me up"

Him saying that is about as classless as him actually doing it.

DichioTFC
12-19-2010, 12:06 PM
Him saying that is about as classless as him actually doing it.

i fail to see how its classless. if he had spent majority of his life in Canada, I'd give it to you, but he's spent over 90% of his life in the States, and he continues to reside in the States. He flip-flopped on his personal policy when he was what, 18? So what? How many politicians have done the same at twice his age? How many people here have said things in their teens that they regretted later?

Point being, a better opportunity presented itself for Teal and he took it.

werewolf
12-19-2010, 12:24 PM
It's not that he is playing for the US, its the way he went about it, which has already been mentioned by me and others.

TFCRegina
12-19-2010, 12:27 PM
i fail to see how its classless. if he had spent majority of his life in Canada, I'd give it to you, but he's spent over 90% of his life in the States, and he continues to reside in the States. He flip-flopped on his personal policy when he was what, 18? So what? How many politicians have done the same at twice his age? How many people here have said things in their teens that they regretted later?

Point being, a better opportunity presented itself for Teal and he took it.

Nav, if you were a manager of a company, training someone for a specific job, and they were to leave half way through the training (say 6 weeks into it) and they defected to a rival company to do the same job, wouldn't you be pissed that you've wasted 6 weeks of training time PLUS the fees to the trainee for work PLUS the fees to the people actually training the guy?

Teal wasted our resources. He has no class. If he wanted to be American, he shouldn't have accepted a Canadian call up.

It's as simple as that.

FAs should start demanding transfer fees or repayment (plus inflation) on all the man hours and cash blown on players who switch to another side.

Thrillos
12-19-2010, 12:41 PM
Nav, if you were a manager of a company, training someone for a specific job, and they were to leave half way through the training (say 6 weeks into it) and they defected to a rival company to do the same job, wouldn't you be pissed that you've wasted 6 weeks of training time PLUS the fees to the trainee for work PLUS the fees to the people actually training the guy?

Teal wasted our resources. He has no class. If he wanted to be American, he shouldn't have accepted a Canadian call up.

It's as simple as that.

FAs should start demanding transfer fees or repayment (plus inflation) on all the man hours and cash blown on players who switch to another side.

Your analogy is perfect, it also happens all the time in both aspects (business and international soccer). If the employee being trained is showing excellence and would probably become an integral part of the future business, you cater to him to keep him on board with your company.

This is something the canadian program does not understand, they just continue to assume that the player will just play for canada and leave them feeling alienated and distant from the program.

Why wouldn't an employee who knows his worth to the business is good not go to a rival company who can compensate him better (in soccer the country would provide better training and exposure to better teams on a more consistent basis.)

If you were the manager and an employee left for a rival company, instead of being mad at the fact he left, you should be looking into the reason why someone who was with your company decided to leave. If that continued to happen in your business, you wouldn't be in business for very long......

That analogy is perfect!

werewolf
12-19-2010, 12:51 PM
^ Furthering my point about transfer fees, players treating international play like a club. Playing for your country is supposed to be something special, regardless of how good (or not) your country is.

DichioTFC
12-19-2010, 12:59 PM

It's as simple as that.

Nature of competition dude; you win some, you lose some. There wasn't a binding commitment that, at the end of 'training,' he would be a member of the CMNT. He was free to go to either country.

There's a whole lot of what a player "ought" to do, which is entirely subjective (and distinctly Canadian btw). For me, if a player is happier in one set up over another, I'm cool with that. Giuseppe Rossi picked the Italian team rather than USA and I'm cool with his decision. USA had the option of calling Rossi up for youth games, but Bruce Arena declined because he knew Rossi was going to commit to Italy anyways. He had responsible foresight. Where's Canada's responsible foresight? If they know the guy's played / lived almost all of his life in the US, why would he choose anything but the USMNT? I'm Canadian, but if the US U-17 team gives me a call up and Canada doesn't at the time, I would go - and I'm sure most others would as well.

Hard to claim transfer fees when he was a free agent to begin with.

Thrillos
12-19-2010, 01:01 PM
^ Furthering my point about transfer fees, players treating international play like a club. Playing for your country is supposed to be something special, regardless of how good (or not) your country is.

there is a HUGE!!! difference between waiting until your mature enough to decide on the country you will represent and trading/selling national pride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zeelaw
12-19-2010, 01:03 PM
I think all of the defecting players from Canada or the USA is a good example of the difference in a sense of Canadian identity between multiple-generation Canadians and recent immigrants.

Moving on, I can't see how Canadians aren't upset that Bunbury used us... and I gotta ask if you don't think so do you support Canada at all or do you have another national team you support... Not calling out anyone but it's just a theory...

Also, shouldn't players like Begovic whose family owe ALOT to Canada, feel a sense responsibility to give something back especially after playing through the youth set up..

and Hargreaves may be the worst of them all, using a U15 cut to justify that? That is so fucking immature if it is true, he's fucking lieing.

Super Cereal
12-19-2010, 01:34 PM
Its a discussion, no need to get personal there bud. That statement just showed who the true scum is.....,
If you took it personally, sorry pussy. Not my fault you have no nationalistic pride.

Thrillos
12-19-2010, 01:43 PM
If you took it personally, sorry pussy. Not my fault you have no nationalistic pride.

You don't know who I am, how in any way can you say I have no nationalistic pride. You have no use to this discussion with these comments, why are you even posting.

Thrillos
12-19-2010, 01:51 PM
I think all of the defecting players from Canada or the USA is a good example of the difference in a sense of Canadian identity between multiple-generation Canadians and recent immigrants.

Moving on, I can't see how Canadians aren't upset that Bunbury used us... and I gotta ask if you don't think so do you support Canada at all or do you have another national team you support... Not calling out anyone but it's just a theory...

Also, shouldn't players like Begovic whose family owe ALOT to Canada, feel a sense responsibility to give something back especially after playing through the youth set up..

and Hargreaves may be the worst of them all, using a U15 cut to justify that? That is so fucking immature if it is true, he's fucking lieing.

First, I do support the canadian national team.

I also never said I wasn't upset that Bunburry decided on the US and not Canada. It saddens me knowing the player he will most likely become and that we had a chance for him to have the maple leaf on his jersey.

But the point I have been trying to make is that its his decision on who he feels pride in representing. I have no ill will towards him whatsoever for him feeling more American than Canadian.

I also feel that its a decision not to be made by players in his situation at the young age of 15 or 17 when you could start playing for a national youth team set up.

I do agree that Begovic does owe alot to Canada, but lets get serious, canada didn't bring him over here to eventually play for the canadian national team. Canada opened our country to his family because we are canadian and we should be proud that we are one of the few countries that helps those in need without the need for payback.

I have to completely disagree with you idea on Hargreaves, I for one have seen the horrible process youth players are picked for the national youth teams and its appalling. (at least it use to be)

Brooker
12-19-2010, 03:08 PM
Teal Bunbury is a cunt. Have we all agreed on that atleast? god I can't wait to boo him out of BMO next year. Can't wait!

Heathen
12-19-2010, 04:20 PM
I'm pretty sure you don't know the facts about our FA. Just to break it down for you a bit.

We are one of the only FA's that doesn't have scouts who go to major youth club tournaments and look for young talent to bring into the national youth program.

The point of the above is to bring them into better coaching, as coaching is supposed to be better in the National Program of countries (ie. just like playing most coaches should be striving to coach there national team) yet the CSA and the old boys club that it is, only hires coaches who are related or good friends with the guys on the executive. Meaning the coaches usually aren't the best of the best, but are joe's cousin.....
(not saying every youth coach is picked like this, but i know for a fact this is how some if not many have been picked)

Third, for a country this large, we should have youth national team setups in every province and in Ontario maybe a few because of the population size.

Just like coaches are picked for the youth program, so are players for the youth program. ie. Hargreaves saying screw this i'm apparently not good enough for the Canadian youth team, but i've been asked to join the Bayern Munich youth academy. What would you do...???

Lastly and if not most importantly, we are the only FA in the world to fund our national team program by the youth registration fees. Leaving the question of where does the corporate sponsorship and government funding, albeit not that much until recently, go? I am not saying its being pocketed as this I obviously cannot confirm, but up until a few years ago, the vast majority didn't give to shits about our soccer FA. Leaving no one really caring to overlook the "business" of the CSA.

So what I am trying to say, is that when someone says "Blame the CSA" they have a damn good reason to say it.

Also, I don't "swallow" any of that, its been well documented in interviews(which i stated previously) that players have said that they went for months without any contact with the national program while receiving calls weekly from other FA's they are eligible for to come out. Everyone wants to go where they feel wanted.

So please don't try to tell me i'm some sort of follower when you clearly have no facts to base that upon......

Well that's put me in my place hasn't it.

SilverSamurai
12-19-2010, 04:36 PM
Teal Bunbury is a cunt. Have we all agreed on that atleast? god I can't wait to boo him out of BMO next year. Can't wait!
Well said.
I think someone mentioned on the V's board, this is going to be the 1st time a defector hasn't been able to "hide in Europe".
I'm sure he'll get a wonderful welcome next year at BMO.... :rolleyes:

rocker
12-19-2010, 04:42 PM

He flipped flopped when he was 20, not 18. He was a man not a teen.

You're justifying flip flopping as OK? I can't believe it. Just because others do it, doesn't make it right. Let's let our politicians off the hook because they flip flop on issues! ;)

He told supporters of Canada he'd love to play for his country, and then this man flip flopped. He's two-faced. There's no justification for that, not even "he's so young". He's a man.

Point being, a better opportunity presented itself for Teal and he took it.Yeah, so he's dishonourable to the country of his birth by looking out for himself when the game is about serving your country.

The club game is perfect for selfishness, chasing $$$ and fame. The country game is for serving your country. If he wanted to serve the US, he should have said so when asked.

When asked "Do you want to play for Canada?" He could have easily said "I don't know, I feel American, I'm hoping to play for America soon." Nothing wrong with that. It's honest.
If he went from feeling like a Canadian to feeling like an American in 6 months, or whatever the time was, then obviously he was lying in the first place.

Thrillos
12-19-2010, 05:16 PM
He flipped flopped when he was 20, not 18. He was a man not a teen.

The point isn't so much his age, but his maturity. He "flip flopped" in his first professional year, I would say that it was his year of hitting maturity.

How many people know what they want to do with there life when they are in University or College, not a whole lot.

zeelaw
12-19-2010, 06:21 PM
The point isn't so much his age, but his maturity. He "flip flopped" in his first professional year, I would say that it was his year of hitting maturity.

How many people know what they want to do with there life when they are in University or College, not a whole lot.
Surely the coincidence of him being a much better player influenced his decision instead of him "becoming a man"

bullshit

zeelaw
12-19-2010, 06:25 PM
First, I do support the canadian national team.

I also never said I wasn't upset that Bunburry decided on the US and not Canada. It saddens me knowing the player he will most likely become and that we had a chance for him to have the maple leaf on his jersey.

But the point I have been trying to make is that its his decision on who he feels pride in representing. I have no ill will towards him whatsoever for him feeling more American than Canadian.

I also feel that its a decision not to be made by players in his situation at the young age of 15 or 17 when you could start playing for a national youth team set up.

I do agree that Begovic does owe alot to Canada, but lets get serious, canada didn't bring him over here to eventually play for the canadian national team. Canada opened our country to his family because we are canadian and we should be proud that we are one of the few countries that helps those in need without the need for payback.

I have to completely disagree with you idea on Hargreaves, I for one have seen the horrible process youth players are picked for the national youth teams and its appalling. (at least it use to be)

I dont have any ill feeligns for him feeling more American, I never said that, I have a problem with him using us and blatantly lieing outright.

Obviously Begovic wasn't brought here to play football for us, but having the oppurtunites to go to a public school, use our public health care, play soccer, hockey basketball, whatever it is that makes Canada different from war-torn Bosnia has made a difference in his development.

If Hargreaves was cut by U15 England squad and then given the oppurtunity to play for them later, do you think he would of done it.... lol yeeeeppp

los sonadores
12-19-2010, 06:27 PM
It's the way it goes under the usual circumstances, no? Canadian players have kids in the U.S. while they're employed there... and, well, they play for the U.S. Normally it happen in hockey (ie. Brett Hull playing for the U.S.) but we'll see it more and more in football.

The Canadian programme is an embarrassing disaster and has been for many years. What's the incentive there?

His father was totally devoted to the national team - I'd cut him some slack on that account alone. But Alex he was raised in Canada, I believe. I seem to remember that when Osieck left Alex Bunbury off the national team because he had left Maritimo and Osieck wanted European-based players only (despite Bunbury had once won the golden boot in Portugal) was when we began to completely suck.

zeelaw
12-19-2010, 06:28 PM
and why would hargreaves because canada sucks in comparison

Super Cereal
12-19-2010, 07:31 PM
He flip-flopped on his personal policy when he was what, 18? So what? How many politicians have done the same at twice his age?

Because politicians aren't criticized for the very same thing. Not the best comparison to prove your point.

i fail to see how its classless.

Really?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2010/01/26/sp-teal-bunbury.html#ixzz15015iG6l

When he makes comments about how he doesn't want to play for the United States and then does the exact opposite, it should be pretty easy to see why.

Also, as you can see from the article, he obviously has very strong ties to Canada, going against your arguments that he has stronger ties to the US.

nfitz
12-19-2010, 08:03 PM
and why would hargreaves because canada sucks in comparisonIronically so does Hargreaves ...

Thrillos
12-19-2010, 08:04 PM
If Hargreaves was cut by U15 England squad and then given the oppurtunity to play for them later, do you think he would of done it.... lol yeeeeppp

The fact is, if he had grown up in england, his talent would not have gone unnoticed like it did here.

Just like Teals talent didn't go unnoticed by the american program. We were lucky enough to get him early, yet stupid enough to allow him the decision between the two.

Like I said earlier what player wouldn't want to further there career. He obviously has strong feelings for both countries or else he wouldn't have said the things he said about playing for Canada.

And lets get serious three games over 4 years or so did not really take up any other spots on the roster.

People need to stop looking at hating the players that leave, and start looking at the reasons for them leaving. Soccer media in Canada is pretty much on the same level as the Soccer association in my mind, as they for the most part barely look into that and are part of the reason towards the stigma of the players that leave.

Except for Forrest, he was the one that actually asked begovic about his side of the story, everyone else just called for his head.

Funny enough, he's the one that actually played and saw the organization from the players viewpoint.......

Brooker
12-19-2010, 08:10 PM
People need to stop looking at hating the players that leave, and start looking at the reasons for them leaving.

We can do both, thank you very much. They are scum. End of. Done.

zeelaw
12-19-2010, 08:27 PM
I'm sick of blaming the CSA, its fucking ridiculous.

Big Bruva
12-20-2010, 11:14 PM

Exactly, Teal is a good guy and i hope he does well wherever he plays. People hoping he breaks his legs :picard:if Canada actually created more quality people wouldn't care so much about the one or two that elect to play for another country but coz they don't it hurts more.

He has been in the US for most of his life.

No Canadians would be complaining that Steve Nash shouldn't play for Canada coz he was born in Johannesburg, South Africa and i never heard too many complaints when Lennox was doing well for Canada at the Olympics and Canada were tryna claim him even though he was born in London, England.

Super Cereal
12-20-2010, 11:45 PM
No Canadians would be complaining that Steve Nash shouldn't play for Canada coz he was born in Johannesburg, South Africa and i never heard too many complaints when Lennox was doing well for Canada at the Olympics and Canada were tryna claim him even though he was born in London, England.

Did Steve Nash say it would "feel wrong to play for Canada"? Did Lennox Lewis say that about England?

No, so those comparisons are dumb.

Read the ****ing CBC article, he says himself he has very strong ties to Canada.

Brooker
12-21-2010, 01:13 AM
Exactly, Teal is a good guy and i hope he does well wherever he plays. People hoping he breaks his legs :picard:if Canada actually created more quality people wouldn't care so much about the one or two that elect to play for another country but coz they don't it hurts more.

Big Bruva talking out of his ass. What the hell else is new? Your argument is useless. Go make a t-shirt.

J .
12-21-2010, 03:58 AM

Steve Nash never said he was going to play for the SA Basketball team. Lennox was Canadian when convenient and British when convenient.

The truth is. Im not here to be his friend. I want glory for Canadian soccer, every tiny drop. This we need to love the world mentality has lead us to poor wishy washy support. Guys like Morgan who play for Canada but support Jamaica, Teal the same and down the line.

That is unacceptable and a shame upon anyone who supports it. You betray the football of the nation.

Teal could be walking on water curing leprosy in his spare time writing operas. I dont fucking care. To Canadian soccer he is a traitorous loser in these books. I hope his footballing career is short so he can spare his time with the lepers.

Klinsmann
12-21-2010, 07:45 AM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1407/4607500787_5aa482b86a_b.jpg

prizby
12-21-2010, 07:49 AM

i didn't see steve nash wearing the south african colours than canada

i didn't see lennox lewis fighting under the UK flag than Canada...

Thrillos
12-21-2010, 08:33 AM
Steve Nash never said he was going to play for the SA Basketball team. Lennox was Canadian when convenient and British when convenient.

The truth is. Im not here to be his friend. I want glory for Canadian soccer, every tiny drop. This we need to love the world mentality has lead us to poor wishy washy support. Guys like Morgan who play for Canada but support Jamaica, Teal the same and down the line.

That is unacceptable and a shame upon anyone who supports it. You betray the football of the nation.

Teal could be walking on water curing leprosy in his spare time writing operas. I dont fucking care. To Canadian soccer he is a traitorous loser in these books. I hope his footballing career is short so he can spare his time with the lepers.

If you hate morgan just for supporting his roots, then you should also hate tomasz radsinki, because he fully supports the polish national team and says his heart is both both polish and canadian. Just because he is proud to be polish doesn't mean he doesn't give it his all for Canada.

Everything isn't so black and white, you guys need to open yours to the whole color scheme of things.

Who the fuck cares if he wore a jamaican jersey.