PDA

View Full Version : Carver news

Oblio2
12-16-2010, 12:27 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3278559/John-Carver-has-no-answer.html

Not much but a former TFC Coach in the news.

tfcleeds
12-16-2010, 12:43 PM
Didn't read the link, but I assume since Speed left to manage Wales, he's taken over as caretaker manager of Sheff. Utd?

s2cazz
12-16-2010, 12:46 PM
The closest thing to a real manager TFC has ever seen

TFCRegina
12-16-2010, 12:47 PM
The closest thing to a real manager TFC has ever seen

Maybe, but Chris did a better job than him.

s2cazz
12-16-2010, 12:55 PM
Maybe, but Chris did a better job than him.
???? ARE YOU INSANE??????

TFCRegina
12-16-2010, 12:58 PM
???? ARE YOU INSANE??????

No.

John Carver won 28.21% of his matches.
Chris Cummins won 38.71% of his.

QED

TFCRegina
12-16-2010, 12:59 PM
^ Not only that, Cummins had 8 fewer games and had 1 more win in absolute terms.

In fact, by ratios and absolute number of wins, Cummins is the best coach we've ever had and likely would have done better with a half decent manager getting players for him.

Whoop
12-16-2010, 01:03 PM
I wasn't a huge Carver fan but Chris Cummins was nothing more than a glorified trainer who specialized in dealing with youth players.

Carver never had the squad that Cummins did that's why the stats are skewed.

Either way, they were both crap.

s2cazz
12-16-2010, 01:04 PM
^ Not only that, Cummins had 8 fewer games and had 1 more win in absolute terms.

In fact, by ratios and absolute number of wins, Cummins is the best coach we've ever had and likely would have done better with a half decent manager getting players for him.

Ok so Cummins won a lot in the beginning. I guess the squad would change overnight with a new manager right? That was Carver's squad. Carver had built them up and good things were starting to happen until Mo chased him off. Cummins was winning in the beginning but they got progressively worse as time went on. Hmmnnnn.....

Cummins was a complete twat. The fact he used all three subs by the 65th minute consistently should tell you he knows nothing.

With Cummins at the helm TFC had as much of a chance of making the playoffs as the chance of me menstruating.

Oblio2
12-16-2010, 01:07 PM
If I have my left leg in a pot of boiling water and my right leg in a pot of cold water, on average...I'll feel fine :)

Stats suck......

ensco
12-16-2010, 02:12 PM
This debate is a race to the bottom....

Carver was a disaster. His handling of Cunningham, favoring Samuel over him, then using him as a lone striker, was ridiculous. Even worse, the stuff with the refs, this post-game antics, the calling out guys on one-game loans.....I don't wish him ill, but I'm not sure he should be a manager, period.

Cummins may deserve an incomplete as a caretaker. If sticking with Garcia was Cummins' call, then Cummins was a disaster too, because it was obvious to anybody who could fog a mirror that Garcia was horrible right from the start, and Garcia went on to cost us about 10 points in 5 straight games down the stretch in '09. If that was a Mo call, then Cummins can't be blamed.