PDA

View Full Version : TFC considering Managers now - Beirne

DangerRed
12-13-2010, 04:45 PM
From Paul B's twitter -- looks like The Coch isn't the permanent guy (good news for those worried he was the man going forward and who were concerned about his PR-heavy background/lack of experience):

Interesting manager candidates being considered. Good times ahead for TFC. 10 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/Paulbeirne/status/14433268124356610) via Twitter for iPhone (http://twitter.com/)

ArmenJBX
12-13-2010, 04:51 PM
Wonder who it could be :O

Azerban
12-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Wonder who it could be :O

hitler

BS1327
12-13-2010, 04:56 PM
hitler

At least he would demand the best on the field.

TFCRegina
12-13-2010, 05:01 PM

Yeah but his tactical setup would be crap and he'd go through coaches faster than Mo went through players.

Azerban
Yeah but his tactical setup would be crap and he'd go through coaches faster than Mo went through players.

as long as we didn't bunker up we'd be fine

Oldtimer
"Manager" could mean coach instead of "general manager."

__wowza
12-13-2010, 05:04 PM
"Manager" could mean coach instead of "general manager."

please, god, no. no speculation on word mincing.
my poor little toronto fan heart can't take this :(

Ron Manager
12-13-2010, 05:26 PM
They could mean a more european style of manager who does both roles, then put a strong staff around him, of which Earl, Jimmy et al would be a part.

flatpicker
12-13-2010, 05:37 PM
hitler

Not to mention his cold weather strategies are shit.

69Chevy396
12-13-2010, 07:01 PM
My prediction: They keep one of the current guys in charge and make him GM, and Dichio is made field coach with brennan as his assistant. Unless a top level Euro coach is available, or an MLS experienced guy, really, does it make any difference who leads this team? It is early December and TFC has about 10 player spots to fill presumably by the time they open training camp in Jan or february. This sounds much like past seasons, so the real question remains, are the guys in charge at mlse competent? Do they know what they are doing, do they even care now that the bulk of season tickets are sold? This refrain goes on and on and on, hopefully the mediocrity that plagues the other mlse teams does not stick with TFC, but I am beginning to doubt this.

Redcoe15
12-13-2010, 08:11 PM
hitler

as long as we didn't bunker up we'd be fine

C'mon guys. You know Hitler runs the Columbus Crew, now do you? ;) :D

cu1kQAucPOM

Oldtimer
12-13-2010, 08:11 PM
My prediction: They keep one of the current guys in charge and make him GM, and Dichio is made field coach with brennan as his assistant.

My prediction... your prediction will look ridiculous in just a few weeks.

Its a testimony to how much MoJo destroyed this club's fanbase that there are so many conspiracy theories floating around.

ArmenJBX
12-13-2010, 08:18 PM
"Do you have any idea what he and Pablo Vitti will be capable of doing once they get going?"

XD MHMM OK.

TFC Cityboy
12-13-2010, 08:19 PM
better hadn't be Allardyce

scooter
12-13-2010, 08:27 PM

k but we had that already

jazzy
12-13-2010, 08:33 PM

Its a testimony to how much MoJo destroyed this club's fanbase that there are so many conspiracy theories floating around.

A voice of reason.........finally, although I am very nervous about our unpreparedness, again?

Shakes McQueen
12-13-2010, 09:11 PM

Yep. PB wouldn't tweet something like this, only to shuffle around guys we already have on the payroll.

- Scott

BS1327
12-13-2010, 09:19 PM
k but we had that already

Well, demand better, OR ELSE!

I would be fine with a respectable manager/coach who knows what they're doing, and maybe easing Brennan into a President type role, like Uli Hoeness was at Bayern. Yeah, he'll have a say, but in the end, it'll be the coach's team on the field, so they can build it.

TFCRegina
12-13-2010, 09:50 PM
A voice of reason.........finally, although I am very nervous about our unpreparedness, again?

Not worried about unpreparedness this time around to be honest. We've already seen the worst. Nothing can be worse than last year and the year before that, which were seasons of lost hopes, where we were at the brink and fell out slowly and surely.

Chevy
12-13-2010, 10:08 PM

...and the fact that his hiring would pretty much rule out the triumphant return of Adam Braz.

TFCRegina
12-13-2010, 10:15 PM
This thread is full of so much win right now.

TFCRegina
12-13-2010, 10:16 PM
...and the fact that his hiring would pretty much rule out the triumphant return of Adam Braz.

At least we would crush PSG, Standard Liege, Dynamo Minsk, Dynamo Kiev and PSV Eindhoven in surprise friendlies.

Derko
12-13-2010, 10:21 PM

Bad taste. but not a very good defender.

TFCin110
12-13-2010, 10:22 PM
I wonder what he means by manager....interesting times ahead.

[NBF]
12-14-2010, 09:20 AM
Bruce Arena to TFC!!!! Woooohoooo!:facepalm:

I bet it will be an american head coach: Bob Lilley, Dave Sarachan, Steve Sampson

Cashcleaner
12-14-2010, 09:37 AM
Yep. PB wouldn't tweet something like this, only to shuffle around guys we already have on the payroll.

- Scott

Agreed. I don't see any reason not to take this as the real deal. I honestly can't figure out who it might be, but I have a feeling that MLSE/TFC have learned from their previous mistake (ie: Mo).

TOBOR !
12-14-2010, 09:54 AM
Sorry guys, H****r jokes just aren't funny. Ever.

Chevy
12-14-2010, 09:56 AM
^^ Hooker? Hummer?

flatpicker
12-14-2010, 10:09 AM
Sorry guys, H****r jokes just aren't funny. Ever.

Really?

People have been making fun of Hitler for decades.
Making light of his terrible deeds would be considered out of line,
But making jokes about the guy is fine by me.

I think you are being awfully sensitive for a robot.

Here ya go... a Wiki page about Hitler in popular culture:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler_in_popular_culture

Now... what were talking about here?

Yagbod
12-14-2010, 10:22 AM
C'mon guys. You know Hitler runs the Columbus Crew, now do you? ;) :D

cu1kQAucPOM

^this is simply awesome. It should be dubbed and played before home games against the Krew. (in a world where people have a sense of humor)

DangerRed
12-14-2010, 10:35 AM
Wow - a bit of news in the offseason and the thread gets derailed with Hitler jokes. Great job, fellas.

TOBOR !
12-14-2010, 10:36 AM
I think you are being awfully sensitive for a robot.

Maybe. It might have something to do with reading certain kinds of books leaving me with thoughts of crosses, row on row - stuff like that. My mind sometimes spends time in a dark place is all.

flatpicker
12-14-2010, 10:38 AM
Wow - a bit of news in the offseason and the thread gets derailed with Hitler jokes. Great job, fellas.

This surprises you?
It's the off-season!
It's a time for page after page of nonsensical jibber-jabber.

MartinUtd
12-14-2010, 10:43 AM
I didn't know Hitler was a boss in Wolfenstien 3d, thanks for the wiki link

http://www.techshout.com/images/hitler-wolfenstein-3d.jpg

Chevy
12-14-2010, 10:45 AM
^ wow. those graphics are simply stunning!

TFCRegina
12-14-2010, 11:19 AM
This surprises you?
It's the off-season!
It's a time for page after page of nonsensical jibber-jabber.

Isn't that the regular season? ;)