PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Monday,Dec.13

denime
12-13-2010, 06:16 AM
Mornin'

Format of Canadian Championship may change (http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/format-nutrilite-canadian-championship-may-change)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

razor787
12-13-2010, 06:28 AM
morning denime

Hustle
12-13-2010, 06:38 AM
Even in a snowstorm, D gets the news through.

Morning All.

[NBF]
12-13-2010, 08:39 AM
SSG: Average.....but she makes the cut:) #11 is probably my fav:canada:

NEW Format for Nutrilite Championship: It's not a bad idea, considering its a longer season and 1 extra team in the tournament. Im curious why TFC automatically gets to play the newbies:rolleyes:

Rumour Patrol: Venezuelan Striker???

IMO our next S.A. striker, if we get one, should come from Ecuador, I don't think I want anyone but Cristian "CHUCHO" Benitez. Please make it happen Paul Beirne. Loan at least.

Drool:yum: over this:

----------------------Frei------------------------
Attakora------Cann---------Ihemelu--------Sturgis
-----------DeGuzman------LeBrocca---------------
Peterson-----------DeRosario---------------Barrett
--------------------Chucho------------------------

mastermixer
12-13-2010, 08:41 AM
Good read on the benefits of the Academy programs....

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/major-league-soccer/2010/12/13/2259080/monday-mls-breakdown-academy-programs-increasingly-influence

denime
12-13-2010, 08:51 AM
;1182144']SSG: Average.....but she makes the cut:) #11 is probably my fav:canada:

NEW Format for Nutrilite Championship: It's not a bad idea, considering its a longer season and 1 extra team in the tournament. Im curious why TFC automatically gets to play the newbies:rolleyes:

Rumour Patrol: Venezuelan Striker???

IMO our next S.A. striker, if we get one, should come from Ecuador, I don't think I want anyone but Cristian "CHUCHO" Benitez. Please make it happen Paul Beirne. Loan at least.

Drool:yum: over this:

----------------------Frei------------------------
Attakora------Cann---------Ihemelu--------Sturgis
-----------DeGuzman------LeBrocca---------------
Peterson-----------DeRosario---------------Barrett
--------------------Chucho------------------------

Format is 1 vs 3 and 2 vs 4

Such a format would see 2010 defending champion Toronto play newcomers Edmonton,

scooter
12-13-2010, 09:03 AM
mornin d

ACSertL
12-13-2010, 09:18 AM
Even in a snowstorm, D gets the news through.

Morning All.

Your avatar hurts my eyes :lol:

Cashcleaner
12-13-2010, 09:39 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I don't like the prospect of possibly not playing Montreal for the NCC. I get why they would want to change the format, but I'm not really thrilled by it.

If I were a suspicious person, I'd say the Toronto v Edmonton match-up was a move to generate more interest in the sport in Northern Alberta than anything else.

Hustle
12-13-2010, 09:45 AM
Your avatar hurts my eyes :lol:

Yeah, we gotta bask in the sun when its shining!

Alixir
12-13-2010, 09:45 AM
Can't wait to see TFC take on Edmonton. btw Edmontons manager just signed with my hometown JEF United of J League. Hopefully he can get us back to J1!!

TOBOR !
12-13-2010, 11:53 AM
SSG : RESP, Brittany, RESP.

ACSertL
12-13-2010, 11:53 AM
Yeah, we gotta bask in the sun when its shining!

Unreal run of form this year. Deservedly at the summit of the table.

bgnewf
12-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Still A Lot Going On!

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2010/12/still-a-lot-going-on/

You might think that roughly a week out from Christmas there wouldn't be a lot of news to report about TFC and the goings on within the club. If you thought that you would be wrong! Comments on all the recent news & rumours swirling around TFC

zeelaw
12-13-2010, 05:00 PM
so you konw, De-Ro is linked with a move away according to FSC apparenlty.

CELTIC

werewolf
12-13-2010, 05:05 PM
This thread is for comments on the news, not to link somewhere else where there are comments.

Wull
12-13-2010, 05:22 PM
This thread is for comments on the news, not to link somewhere else where there are comments.

I thought they were told a while back to put the blogs and links in here too?

bgnewf
12-13-2010, 05:41 PM

This is what I was told as well.

As this is your house and I am but a guest within it I will do whatever you guys wish. It would be nice to know once and for all however what the actual policy/consensus is.

Over on NEE they have a thread for my blog. On U Sector, since I am a member, I just usually post new threads and that is usually cool unless the piece I am writing is in response to a specific piece of news that has a thread going already. But different places have different sensibilities. Perhaps there could be a generic stickied thread that bloggers can use to post new articles or something like that.

jabbronies
12-13-2010, 05:53 PM

I thought that as well.
Denime is the keeper of this place, he'll know for sure though.

werewolf
12-13-2010, 06:09 PM

a link to the blog is ok, if the content of the blog is posted as well.

Auzzy
12-13-2010, 06:13 PM

Huh? You want 10-paragraph blog posts in here? With videos & pictures & all?

werewolf
12-13-2010, 06:24 PM
if there are ever 10 paragraphs about a single topic, it would be welcome contributions in the appropriate thread.

Wull
12-13-2010, 06:27 PM

I could have also sworn they were asked not to post the whole blog?

Auzzy
12-13-2010, 06:32 PM
Hmmm, I haven't read Catch 22 in a while. I should re-read it. I remember it being quite an entertaining book.

werewolf
12-13-2010, 06:34 PM
I could have also sworn they were asked not to post the whole blog?

There was a discussion about it recently.

Wull
12-13-2010, 06:42 PM
There was a discussion about it recently.

There were several. Maybe a new post, stickied with the outcome for a bit?

DOMIN8R
12-14-2010, 12:15 AM
New Major League Soccer (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/timbers-sign-kerrea-gilbert-from-arsenal/article1836403/#) side the Portland Timbers have signed English defender Kerrea Gilbert from Arsenal.
Gilbert, 23, has played for Arsenal for five seasons after developing in the English Premier League club's youth system. He was loaned to several English clubs over the course of his career with the team.
The Timbers, who join the MLS next season, also acquired a fourth-round pick (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/timbers-sign-kerrea-gilbert-from-arsenal/article1836403/#) from the Houston Dynamo in the 2014 SuperDraft in exchange for defender Jordan Graye.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/timbers-sign-kerrea-gilbert-from-arsenal/article1836403/

TFCRegina
12-14-2010, 12:28 AM
Interesting.

Roogsy
12-14-2010, 01:27 AM
I believe Tim has been given parameters on where to post his links and how to post them. As far as I know he has been respecting those arrangements. Unless I am missing something amiss here, I think Tim has respected those arrangements. I know I personally like reading his blog.

TFCRegina
12-14-2010, 03:08 AM

While you are the moderator, I would respectfully make my disagreement known that this is necessary if it is done in the News thread. We post links of other people's blogs in these threads without doing that.

If he (and others) posts a link in here, and here alone, I have no problem with that. If he starts his own threads and is doing it, it's a different story.

denime
12-14-2010, 06:20 AM
keep posting the links only,thanks.