PDA

View Full Version : New Vancouver ad

DangerRed
12-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Apologies if posted already, but I have no words.

Actually wait, I do. At a time where the supporters are warring with the Van FO over seats, the club runs an ad saying there's nothing more to sitting wherever you want other than deciding what you want to see. Ticket prices? Money? Who cares.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_phFX62cw4&feature=player_embedded

Pigfynn
12-12-2010, 08:12 PM
I would have bet my soul that they wouldn't dare show a shot of TFC or it's fans in that little montage at the end of the ad....and I would have kept my soul.

Fuck The White Caps

nfitz
12-12-2010, 10:03 PM
This isn't new ... this is the same one that they had weeks ago.

Such a great ad - I love it! (speaking from strictly a marketing basis).

Sopo
12-13-2010, 12:44 AM
Actually, I'm surprised they didn't show a shot of TFC getting scored on. If they wanted to throw gas on the fire of the "two Canadian teams rivalry" in MLS, that would have been one way to take a little jab.

Brooker
12-13-2010, 01:39 AM
everything about the "Whitecaps" (lol) is so fucking dorky.

TFCRegina
12-13-2010, 02:13 AM

Yep. Biggest nerds in MLS...aside from us. Nobody can take that title.

We did a Yoda banner.

London
12-13-2010, 06:02 AM
there gonna have CHEERS!!!!!

poppamidnight
12-14-2010, 10:58 AM

I just facepalmed :facepalm:

Seriously - Give ur head a shake....
Timbers + Whitecaps put our marketing to shame... MLSE lacks any innovation/edgyness/relevance in any of it's ads....

I'm from Vancouver, and when moved out here was hoping "leaf-homer syndrome" wouldn't spill over to TFC, but you prove it clearly has....

I've gotta get outta here before I start being grouped with the collective intelligence of leaf fans

MartinUtd
12-14-2010, 11:08 AM
Arguing over which club has the best marketing department. Oh how low can we go.

BFin
12-14-2010, 11:14 AM
Arguing over who's dorks...oh the irony.

jloome
12-14-2010, 11:19 AM
Arguing over who's dorks...oh the irony.

Dorks? We? Dorks we not be! Banners of yoda loved by everyone, they are.

Alixir
12-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Actually, I'm surprised they didn't show a shot of TFC getting scored on. If they wanted to throw gas on the fire of the "two Canadian teams rivalry" in MLS, that would have been one way to take a little jab.
They don't need to take a jab at us to make us look bad....we do that pretty good on our own.

TFCRegina
12-14-2010, 11:58 AM

It's ok, we could have put together a collection of all the Voyageurs' Cup wins of the Whitecaps and put it on youtube...oh wait, we can't. :D