PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Friday,Dec.10

denime
12-10-2010, 06:15 AM
Mornin'

Cochrane Talks Turkey & More (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/12/cochrane-talks-turkey-more)

TFC needs plan of attack (http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2010/12/10/16498056.html)

Canadian women rout Netherlands in friendly (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2010/12/10/sp-canada-netherlands-friendly.html)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

razor787
12-10-2010, 07:08 AM
morning denime

The increasing number of things coming out of the FO relating to Cochrane are getting me nervous. They also keep referring to the 'head coach search'. There isnt any mention of a 'Manager search'.

keem-o-sabi
12-10-2010, 07:27 AM
coed ladies 1 (http://guyism.com/celebrities/sandra-valencia-sexy-photos-besame-lingerie.html/attachment/sandra-valencia-041) & 2 (http://guyism.com/celebrities/arianny-celeste-cleavage-ultimate-fighter.html)

TOBOR !
12-10-2010, 07:37 AM
SG : Botox, Puppies, Daydreamer.

TOBOR !
12-10-2010, 07:42 AM
The interim director admitted that the task of finding a new bench boss is being undertaken by SoccerSolutions, the consulting firm hired by Toronto FC with German legend Jurgen Klinsmann at the helm.

Is this semantics ? I'm under the impression that JK is discovering our 'culture' and what playing style best fits that culture. He will then offer up GM suggestions based on his findings and that the GM will set out to build his staff accordingly.

That's not the same as what Cochrane is saying, is it ?

Ossington Mental Youth
12-10-2010, 07:46 AM
we'd be pissed if we didnt hear or have anything happening to the club. they always refer to him as the interim gm. dont stress it.

Ossington Mental Youth
12-10-2010, 07:50 AM
FTR i damn well expect a new gm and coach and i bloody well want them now, theres no excuse as to why its taken so long

scooter
12-10-2010, 08:04 AM
mornin d

well done canadian ladies

Cashcleaner
12-10-2010, 08:07 AM
One thing I've noticed is how little talk there seems to be outside of Toronto about the positions now open for a new coach or manager. By that I mean, when New York or LA were on the lookout for new bosses, the news really spread all across the world, or at least it seemed like it to me. But with Toronto, again I can't help but feel like the exposure isn't consistent with how "big" this club is.

tfcleeds
12-10-2010, 08:53 AM
Cochrane will be the GM next season - you can bet on it.

jenkinsm
12-10-2010, 09:02 AM
FTR i damn well expect a new gm and coach and i bloody well want them now, theres no excuse as to why its taken so long

These things don't happen over night. JK has only been involved for what...a month? I'm as impatient as the next guy...but it's more eager anticipation than anything.

It'll happen soon enough...

Chevy
12-10-2010, 09:04 AM
+1. Look what happened when we were screaming for a "DP NOW"!! Well, we got one.

Ossington Mental Youth
12-10-2010, 09:21 AM
These things don't happen over night. JK has only been involved for what...a month? I'm as impatient as the next guy...but it's more eager anticipation than anything.

It'll happen soon enough...

Fair enough, its mostly a hang over from the Mo days in which everything was done poorly in the last minute

Ossington Mental Youth
12-10-2010, 09:23 AM
One thing I've noticed is how little talk there seems to be outside of Toronto about the positions now open for a new coach or manager. By that I mean, when New York or LA were on the lookout for new bosses, the news really spread all across the world, or at least it seemed like it to me. But with Toronto, again I can't help but feel like the exposure isn't consistent with how "big" this club is.

as far as support is concerned we are big in THIS league but world wide we are but a speck, we fancy ourselves a bit too much sometimes adn its something i (ahem) have brought up before in DP threads when people are convinced we can bring big name DPs based on our city alone. I love this city, i love this team with all my heart but we simply arent as big as NY or LA or even arguably Chicago when it comes to world recognition.

WestStandGeoff
12-10-2010, 09:27 AM

Botox? I'm thinking way too many collagen injections.

Parkdale
12-10-2010, 09:27 AM

I don't mind that. Change the duties (away from Mo's b.s. 'director of soccer' scam) and let him push papers around. Get a winning coach and we'll be alright. maybe.

Technorgasm
12-10-2010, 09:32 AM
I wish there was more tranceparency as far as what teh 'PLAN' is.
aside from saying we are looking for a GM / Couch.. . where is the input from TFC/MLSE?
what are our needs in the candidate?
what are we looking to acheive (apart from 50 point season)
seriously, uys as RPB shoudl put together a few requirements. . .

we are the ones obsessed with this squad and there are some really good footy minds here. . . . I think our input would be valid.

Technorgasm
12-10-2010, 09:33 AM
PS. Fun bags. .

McBrace
12-10-2010, 09:36 AM
I think they hired a great footy mind in J.K. to determine what qualities the candidates should have.

Parkdale
12-10-2010, 09:47 AM
PS. Fun bags. .

FUN!

bags

Ossington Mental Youth
12-10-2010, 10:03 AM
I wish there was more tranceparency as far as what teh 'PLAN' is.
aside from saying we are looking for a GM / Couch.. . where is the input from TFC/MLSE?
what are our needs in the candidate?
what are we looking to acheive (apart from 50 point season)
seriously, uys as RPB shoudl put together a few requirements. . .

we are the ones obsessed with this squad and there are some really good footy minds here. . . . I think our input would be valid.

doesnt mean its going to be taken seriously
i appreciate where youre coming from and i think you have somewhat of a good point but honestly in the end we are supporters in their eyes and i dont believe for a second they will listen to us especially with JK at the helm. Thats not to mention the fact that supporters sometimes speak from the heart rather than the head from which you also get disasters.

Beach_Red
12-10-2010, 10:54 AM
I don't mind that. Change the duties (away from Mo's b.s. 'director of soccer' scam) and let him push papers around. Get a winning coach and we'll be alright. maybe.

It's going to be tough, though. No team wins every game and there's a good chance this team will go into another summer slump. Then they'll have a GM picked by Anselmi and the MLSE guys and a coach picked by a consulting company no longer under contract. And where do guys like Brennan and Dichio fit in this team structure? Who do they answer to, the guy who hired them or this new coach who may have a one or two year contract?

Sure, they may all get along great and work it out but the potential for conflict seems pretty high.

They may have to pay a coach a lot to walk into this situation.

jloome
12-10-2010, 11:11 AM
It's going to be tough, though. No team wins every game and there's a good chance this team will go into another summer slump. Then they'll have a GM picked by Anselmi and the MLSE guys and a coach picked by a consulting company no longer under contract. And where do guys like Brennan and Dichio fit in this team structure? Who do they answer to, the guy who hired them or this new coach who may have a one or two year contract?

Sure, they may all get along great and work it out but the potential for conflict seems pretty high.

They may have to pay a coach a lot to walk into this situation.

Cochrane seems so slick, I doubt he'll want as much responsibility. Too many ways to trip up.

I think it's a terrible, terrible mistake potentially to give him the job and very risky. Having said, they can reduce the damage somewhat by going to a proper 'manager' system, where ala Nicol in New England, where the bench boss is the man in charge overall.

Didn't work with mo, but Mo was a duplicitous jerk AND a lousy coach.

Beach_Red
12-10-2010, 11:17 AM
^ Mo was an inexperienced amateur. MLSE execs are the slickest of all - they're all still employed, aren't they? If they go the manager system a la New England, the guy they hire better be very experienced in corporate manouvering.

The team may be boring, but the office politics is fascinating!

mastermixer
12-10-2010, 11:19 AM
Congrats MLSE... for pulling the wool over our eyes for one more year.

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/12/2011-season-seats-sold-out

backbeat
12-10-2010, 11:54 AM

well i'm one of them then, and glad of it.

i was pissed at the end of the season, well before it ended actually, and even though I delayed for a bit there was no way I was not going to renew. I'd like to pass these thickets down to my kid's kids and so on....start a tradition. there will be painful times but my wish is TFC is here for good....can't wait for the season opener!! :scarf:

rocker
12-10-2010, 11:54 AM

so TFC fans are all idiots? ;)

Yagbod
12-10-2010, 12:04 PM
Cue broken record:

It really pisses me off that there are partial packs in the light Grey or even Medium Grey. After being gouged by Marlies Ransom Packs for 2 years (10 packs bought!) I get my chance to buy Season Seats and I do: in the Dark Grey which was all that was left.

That's a nice reward for being loyal and paying through the teeth when I see Partials with no Marlies tickets being offered in Light and Medium greys. $2200 for two is the cheapest that I can get as seasons and someone else will get two in a supporters section for $520 *2 (for the whole season) = 1040.

Fuck I am pissed.

(posting this in Gold Member section too)

[NBF]
12-10-2010, 12:16 PM
well i'm one of them then, and glad of it.

i was pissed at the end of the season, well before it ended actually, and even though I delayed for a bit there was no way I was not going to renew. I'd like to pass these thickets down to my kid's kids and so on....start a tradition. there will be painful times but my wish is TFC is here for good....can't wait for the season opener!! :scarf:
That's like saying your kid has cancer, but you won't let the doctors treat him, because you don't believe in modern treatments and would rather pray and believe GOD will make him better.

You must be one of those people that come in here and post happy thoughts to muddy the waters. I hope you're happy being a douche bag.:drinking:

mastermixer
12-10-2010, 12:16 PM
so TFC fans are all idiots? ;)

That's one way of putting it :scarf:

TOBOR !
12-10-2010, 12:48 PM
;1181446']That's like saying your kid has cancer, but you won't let the doctors treat him, because you don't believe in modern treatments and would rather pray and believe GOD will make him better.

You must be one of those people that come in here and post happy thoughts to muddy the waters. I hope you're happy being a douche bag.:drinking:

None of my business, but this^ post confuses me.

TFC07
12-10-2010, 01:01 PM

Its just you. English paper(s?) have mention about our coaching search.

New York and L.A. doesn't get that much coverage overseas unless they sign a big name player.

McBrace
12-10-2010, 01:08 PM
;1181446']That's like saying your kid has cancer, but you won't let the doctors treat him, because you don't believe in modern treatments and would rather pray and believe GOD will make him better.

Do you have a problem with people being optimistic? Your Post is a perfect example of whats wrong with these Boards...:picard:

denime
12-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Nothing is wrong with these boards,all you have to do is press "report"button, instead of calling out each other? I will make it easier for mods to deal with it.

Parkdale
12-10-2010, 01:36 PM
don't feed the trolls

[NBF]
12-10-2010, 01:47 PM
I believe everyone said "fuck that" when MLSE said they would raise ticket prices for 2011, and now they throw you freaking bone by semi-hiring Klinsmann and all of a sudden everything is alright?

I'm taking a strict "I'll believe it when I see it" approach, maybe the optimistic people are getting on my nerves, but really 4 years of TFC and considering Vancouver Whitecaps are joining the league, don't be surprised when you dont see this guy behind TFC anymore. T.O. should stand for "Too-Optimistic". I hate to say it but this club has a label of being "pretentious" that it can't shake off.

CretanBull
12-10-2010, 01:48 PM

SSG "has dreams of becoming a doctor and owning her own wildlife rescue centre."

I think she's confused about what doctors do for a living.

Sweeper
12-10-2010, 02:01 PM

Wow, that is pretty harsh. Sounds like an elitist TFC supporter. Why would anybody not want to see the stadium sold out and the organization be financially successful? There is nothing wrong with protest and I think a certain group of supporter's voices were heard. Time to move on.

Carts
12-10-2010, 02:12 PM

Where? ;)

But ya, seems like he's the man...

Carts...

jabbronies
12-10-2010, 02:23 PM

ya if the role changes I don't see this being a problem. If we bring in a proper manager who is in charge of on field decisions, EC will just be the guy who negotiates contracts.

BFin
12-10-2010, 02:42 PM
;1181446']I hope you're happy being a douche bag.:drinking:

It would appear as though that title has already been taken.

Cashcleaner
12-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Its just you. English paper(s?) have mention about our coaching search.

New York and L.A. doesn't get that much coverage overseas unless they sign a big name player.

Fair enough. I'll take that as good news.

westrouge
12-10-2010, 05:42 PM
The Whitecaps have signed Dunfield and Janecki.

Both were probably expecting to be resigned, but Dunfield especially is a quality player.