PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Tuesday,Dec.07

denime
12-07-2010, 06:17 AM
Mornin'

Keeping A Close Eye On Re-Entry Draft (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/12/keeping-close-eye-re-entry-draft)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

razor787
12-07-2010, 06:37 AM
morning Denime.

sounds to me like cochrane is hyping up Garcia.

TOBOR !
12-07-2010, 07:42 AM
SG - uh.. Cyndi Lauper meets Pia Zadora gets a C-Section and forgets to wash her feet.

scooter
12-07-2010, 08:24 AM
mornin d

Parkdale
12-07-2010, 09:11 AM
morning Denime.

sounds to me like cochrane is hyping up Garcia.

It would be tactless for him to trash Garcia publicly, as that might mean the difference between Garcia getting picked up and early retirement.

Garcia is not going to come back, but if The Coch trashed him, it would reflect WORSE on him than it would on Garcia.

TFCRegina
12-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Mornin'

Keeping A Close Eye On Re-Entry Draft (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/12/keeping-close-eye-re-entry-draft)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

SSG wants to be on Maxim. :facepalm:

Darlofletch
12-07-2010, 09:21 AM
more re-entry draft thoughts (http://www.cruelgeography.com/2010/12/all-i-want-for-christmas-is-full-time.html)tomorrow's probably going to be a bit of a non event.

gunnerken
12-07-2010, 09:39 AM
Posted on the Sportsnet.ca website this morning...Gerry Dobson meets our "saviour"...(we hope)...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2010/12/07/dobson_klinsmann_vision/

Darlofletch
12-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Posted on the Sportsnet.ca website this morning...Gerry Dodson meets our "saviour"...(we hope)...

On the Designated Player topic, it’s his belief that the No. 1 criteria is leadership. Klinsmann believes another DP might be a good move in Toronto but the best candidate would be someone with a track record as a consummate pro who would set the tone on the field and in the locker room.

so who might that be? doesn't sound good for de ro's chances.

backbeat
12-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Posted on the Sportsnet.ca website this morning...Gerry Dodson meets our "saviour"...(we hope)...

he says the new coach is coming soon, probably before XMAS - as we don't have a GM yet that would suggest to me that Cochrane will be the GM.

Redcoe15
12-07-2010, 10:33 AM
SSG wants to be on Maxim. :facepalm:
Think she lapdances at one of the finer peeler establishments?

Yohan
12-07-2010, 10:38 AM
he says the new coach is coming soon, probably before XMAS - as we don't have a GM yet that would suggest to me that Cochrane will be the GM.
so far, i dont have a problem with Cochrane. then again, he really hasn't made any major moves.

with JK in advisory role, maybe Cochrane will pan out?

worried more about the manager as he should be guy who can turn shit into gold...

jloome
12-07-2010, 11:20 AM
so far, i dont have a problem with Cochrane. then again, he really hasn't made any major moves.

with JK in advisory role, maybe Cochrane will pan out?

worried more about the manager as he should be guy who can turn shit into gold...

So the new hire should be OK as long as he hasn't fucked up ....before he gets the job?

He has no football experience. He has no coaching experience. He has one year team managing the academy.

People just want news. But that shit is going to cost us in the long run if we don't get someone who knows the football market.

What vast network from his playing/coaching days is Earl going to tap to find our squad, exactly? Tim Regan?

pekduck
12-07-2010, 11:22 AM
^
depends on the role and duty definition, if the new GM role moving forward is more administrative, legal, governance, then Cochrane would be fine in that role and have a coach who makes player decisions and work via Cochrane to try to get them or release them

CretanBull
12-07-2010, 11:28 AM
SG - uh.. Cyndi Lauper meets Pia Zadora gets a C-Section and forgets to wash her feet.

I think that might be the best description of a SSG that I've ever read :thumbsup:

jloome
12-07-2010, 11:29 AM
^
depends on the role and duty definition, if the new GM role moving forward is more administrative, legal, governance, then Cochrane would be fine in that role and have a coach who makes player decisions and work via Cochrane to try to get them or release them

Again WHHHHHHHYYY!!!!!!

Why would you do that? What is the purpose, or rationale, to hiring someone in ANY job who doesn't have the requisite experience, who hasn't worked their way up?

It's just foolish for the sake of expediency. We need a GM with experience and knowledge of the transfer market, of contract negotiations, of organizational management, with contacts in the football market.

Seriously, imagine you'd never met Earl Cochrane or heard him talk. If someone suggested to you, just on his resume, that he should be our next GM, how would you react?

Section 117
12-07-2010, 11:36 AM
So the new hire should be OK as long as he hasn't fucked up ....before he gets the job?

He has no football experience. He has no coaching experience. He has one year team managing the academy.

People just want news. But that shit is going to cost us in the long run if we don't get someone who knows the football market.

What vast network from his playing/coaching days is Earl going to tap to find our squad, exactly? Tim Regan?

Earl does not need the contacts if other people within the club have the contacts.. And yes there is a person within TFC taht has a lot of contacts in Europe. That being said there has been a lot of talks with agents about bring players to the club since the end of the season. Problem is until a decision is made on who will be running our beloved club there will be no significant additions =.

pekduck
12-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Again WHHHHHHHYYY!!!!!!

Why would you do that? What is the purpose, or rationale, to hiring someone in ANY job who doesn't have the requisite experience, who hasn't worked their way up?

It's just foolish for the sake of expediency. We need a GM with experience and knowledge of the transfer market, of contract negotiations, of organizational management, with contacts in the football market.

Seriously, imagine you'd never met Earl Cochrane or heard him talk. If someone suggested to you, just on his resume, that he should be our next GM, how would you react?

that's the problem, I've met Earl in person and all, I can no longer provide an opinion as someone who never met him....

also, i think separation of duties and shifting powers would still work, i'm not supporting keeping earl or rejecting earl, simply stating that if in fact he stayed on and the roles are clarified, i won't have a problem with it

ManUtd4ever
12-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Again WHHHHHHHYYY!!!!!!

You echo my sentiments. Ideally, Cochrane should be retained as the Academy Director and as an advisor to the incoming General Manager becasue of his familiarity with the players throughout the organization...

Darlofletch
12-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Again WHHHHHHHYYY!!!!!!

exactly. say we go with someone else who wants to clean house and bring in his own people. would anyone else in mls be offering earl their gm position. no. he may well find work elsewhere but not at that level, so why do we get to be his training wheels?

Darlofletch
12-07-2010, 11:52 AM
to play devils advocate to my own desire for experience. as coach. jason kreis and gary smith, last two mls cup winners, 0 head coach experience before taking the job.

bgnewf
12-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Reloading The Red Bull Way

http://bit.ly/gBGewR

Lessons that the TFC front office can learn from the 2009 success of the New York Red Bulls. Comments are always welcome and appreciated.

TorCanSoc
12-07-2010, 11:59 AM

LOL. Post of the day.

jloome
12-07-2010, 12:18 PM
to play devils advocate to my own desire for experience. as coach. jason kreis and gary smith, last two mls cup winners, 0 head coach experience before taking the job.

They had enormous related experience. He does not.

ManUtd4ever
12-07-2010, 12:18 PM

Oldtimer used the RSL analogy previously and it is definitely intriguing. However, I doubt that model will work with the current front office in Toronto. Nick Dasovic is too close to the high profile players in the locker room on a personal level and would have difficulty imposing his will as an authority figure...

jloome
12-07-2010, 12:19 PM
LOL. Post of the day.

I know. It was almost...zen or something.

Tobor, can you write a haiku version?

Beach_Red
12-07-2010, 12:25 PM
Reloading The Red Bull Way

http://bit.ly/gBGewR

Lessons that the TFC front office can learn from the 2009 success of the New York Red Bulls. Comments are always welcome and appreciated.

Every time I see the phrase, "TFC front office," I worry. What front office are we talking about exactly?

How many soccer teams in the world do Red Bull own?

CretanBull
12-07-2010, 12:35 PM
How many soccer teams in the world do Red Bull own?

Four - RBNY, Red Bull Salzburg and two other much smaller clubs in lower division soccer, one in Brazil and the other in...Poland? Germany? The last two are like 4th or 5th division clubs.

Thrillos
12-07-2010, 03:59 PM
I interpret the dobbers article as Klinsmann maybe giving the notion that the new coach will be more of european style who not only is the head coach but also looks over the transfers and other administrative things of that nature. Which would then leave Chochrane to provide the logistics of the moves that the new Manager would want to implement. (ie. the american way of "trading" the weird expansion drafts, re-entry drafts, "super" draft.)

Which in all seriousness Cochrane now has experience in. And thus far I am on board with his decisions. In fact i've been very impressed with his decisions and I think this re-entry draft will be the deciding factor on his ability in the position.

jloome
12-08-2010, 03:05 AM
I interpret the dobbers article as Klinsmann maybe giving the notion that the new coach will be more of european style who not only is the head coach but also looks over the transfers and other administrative things of that nature. Which would then leave Chochrane to provide the logistics of the moves that the new Manager would want to implement. (ie. the american way of "trading" the weird expansion drafts, re-entry drafts, "super" draft.)

Which in all seriousness Cochrane now has experience in. And thus far I am on board with his decisions. In fact i've been very impressed with his decisions and I think this re-entry draft will be the deciding factor on his ability in the position.

The re-entry draft will be indicative of exactly jack squat, given that few teams will pick a single player from it.

TOBOR !
12-08-2010, 07:39 AM
I know. It was almost...zen or something.

Tobor, can you write a haiku version?

Genius idea... maybe I'll take a crack at that.