PDA

View Full Version : Whitecaps roster shows who is in camp

deltox
12-06-2010, 11:12 AM
http://www.whitecapsfc.com/roster

their roster site shows who is on the team and who is in camp currently.

thats pretty cool.

we should do that for our revolving door of a camp

Chevy
12-06-2010, 11:14 AM
^^ Real cool, but I don't think there is enough bandwidth for us to do that.

mastermixer
12-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Seeing some of the teams these players are linked to, it really shows that Vancouver is looking under every rock to find talent. Good on them.

ginkster88
12-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Lots of kids in camp.

Shway
12-06-2010, 01:38 PM
i would be surprised if the Whitecaps dont have success like Sounders....#justsaying

Yohan
12-06-2010, 01:45 PM
interesting they got former Juve attacking midfielder Davide Chiumiento in camp. wasn't he linked to MLS a while ago?

ginkster88
12-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Just realizing that a 90 baby is 20 and not so much a "kid" anymore in terms of development. Yikes.

TFCRegina
12-06-2010, 02:57 PM
That list isn't up to date at all, Dunfield's previous club was Vancouver Whitecaps FC.

deltox
12-06-2010, 03:02 PM
our list isnt up to date either

http://www.torontofc.ca/players

VPjr
12-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Interesting to notice Randy Edwini Bonsu is not in camp. Would have thought he might be in the mix.

TFCRegina
12-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Interesting to notice Randy Edwini Bonsu is not in camp. Would have thought he might be in the mix.

I thought he was on loan to a club in Europe?

Edit: Nope, I'm retarded.

tovan
12-10-2010, 10:11 PM
interesting they got former Juve attacking midfielder Davide Chiumiento in camp. wasn't he linked to MLS a while ago?

He was linked with Vancouver. He signed with the USSF D2 Whitecaps towards the end of the season with the intention that he would be brought up with the team to MLS. He played 1 or 2 regular season games and playoffs with them. I believe the 'caps front loaded his contract while in USSF D2 to get around the salary cap. They also signed Alain Rochat (Swiss national but born in Quebec so counts as a domestic player) from FC Zurich under similar circumstances and loaned him back to Zurich until last week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZPi4WcSEF4

As of right now the Whitecaps have 11 players signed, TFC has 14... I'm pretty sure the 'caps have a better idea of where they want to go too, having a Head Coach and Manager in place and making deals.

TFCRegina
12-10-2010, 10:32 PM
Luca Bellisomo cut from the caps. Might be a worthwhile player to pick up for TFC.

TFC07
12-11-2010, 03:23 AM
He was linked with Vancouver. He signed with the USSF D2 Whitecaps towards the end of the season with the intention that he would be brought up with the team to MLS. He played 1 or 2 regular season games and playoffs with them. I believe the 'caps front loaded his contract while in USSF D2 to get around the salary cap. They also signed Alain Rochat (Swiss national but born in Quebec so counts as a domestic player) from FC Zurich under similar circumstances and loaned him back to Zurich until last week.

As of right now the Whitecaps have 11 players signed, TFC has 14... I'm pretty sure the 'caps have a better idea of where they want to go too, having a Head Coach and Manager in place and making deals.

Wow, Vancouver is signing some quality depth players.

On a side note, Canada should try to get Rochat capped.

ag futbol
12-11-2010, 11:05 AM
Man, I know it's just a highlight video, but i had no idea Rochat had that much quality. If he can provide a third of what he showed there, he's going to be a good signing.

tovan
12-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Wow, Vancouver is signing some quality depth players.

On a side note, Canada should try to get Rochat capped.

I believe the Swiss beat us to it. He has 1 cap for the Swiss nats in a WC qualifying match...

TFC07
12-11-2010, 01:30 PM
I believe the Swiss beat us to it. He has 1 cap for the Swiss nats in a WC qualifying match...

I believe with new FIFA rule he can switch back since he only played one game for Swiss.

jloome
12-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Man, I know it's just a highlight video, but i had no idea Rochat had that much quality. If he can provide a third of what he showed there, he's going to be a good signing.

He's a solid defender, easily MLS quality. They're going to be tough as hell in the middle of the park.

thisisinternetclash
12-11-2010, 04:15 PM
I believe with new FIFA rule he can switch back since he only played one game for Swiss.

I don't know this guy's specific situation, but if he's played in a competitive (i.e. qualifying) match for the full national team then he can no longer switch.

jazzy
12-11-2010, 10:58 PM

their line-up and organization to me seem far ahead of TFC at this point in time........and of course there are question marks surrounding us at every turn....again?......as a team I feel we are falling behind ....again......Montreal and Van had better not be taken for granted

TFCRegina
12-11-2010, 11:37 PM
I'd like to see our team snap up Eddie Sidra.