PDA

View Full Version : Toronto won't hesitate to grab in Re-Entry Draft

Mark TFC
12-05-2010, 07:41 PM
Link: http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/toronto-wont-hesitate-grab-re-entry-draft

sampace
12-05-2010, 09:20 PM
I personally would investigate signing Schelotto for the right price, or bringing in Pablo Angel. Angel would be my first choice, second Schelotto, I know fans get on him whenever he comes to play here, but you know what? He gets the job done and plays hard, he is an annoying player to play against, but I'd rather he was on our team. I don't see him like the type of player who would take a game down, and I feel he would bring leadership to the team. Just a matter of whether or not he would be willing to play in Toronto.

sampace
12-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Just to make it clear I am speaking about TFC signing Schelotto. He is a pesky player, but the type I feel Toronto needs and is lacking. He plays with heart and for the right price would be a good leader to have on this team. (Again I prefer Angel first if they can sign him to the team, but Schelotto in the right set of circumstances would be great.)

Whoop
12-05-2010, 09:26 PM
I've been given the impression that TFC likely won't take anyone in the re-entry draft.

CretanBull
12-05-2010, 09:48 PM
I'd hate to see Schelotto in a TFC jersey.

I wonder if Angel would sign for non-DP money if he makes it into the 2nd phase of the draft?

prizby
12-05-2010, 09:52 PM
I don't wanna diving cunt like Schelotto...i would boo his every touch, even if he was in a TFC jersey

TFCRegina
12-05-2010, 10:21 PM
I don't wanna diving cunt like Schelotto...i would boo his every touch, even if he was in a TFC jersey

Disagreed. I like diving cheating assholes when they're on our side. We need all the help we can get.

TFC Bhoy
12-05-2010, 10:28 PM
+1 fuck him!

Stryker
12-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Disagreed. I like diving cheating assholes when they're on our side.

:frown2:

Smokecell
12-05-2010, 11:04 PM
wouldn't mind seeing JPA in red

TFCtoMUFC
12-05-2010, 11:11 PM
JPA on a non-DP contract would be amazing. I would take him on a one year deal though at a DP salary.

bigtfcfan
12-05-2010, 11:15 PM
I second that. 1 year deal to JPA.

razor787
12-06-2010, 12:40 AM
JPA I hate. Simply because every time he plays here, he gets a goal. I think having him on our squad would change my view on him though ;)

GBS I hate though. He is one of the major reasons why I hate Columbus. Diving, cheating cunt. I simply dont believe in diving. If GBS comes here, he will be boo'ed by me constantly.

Red CB Toronto
12-06-2010, 01:56 AM
How does the two phases work?

Strikers
12-06-2010, 03:01 AM
From my understanding teams that pick in the first phase are picking up the option year of the contract they signed with the players previous team. So if TFC decide to pick up GBS or JPA they would take up a DP slot.

Shakes McQueen
12-06-2010, 04:17 AM
I'd be interested in JPA. Schellotto represents everything wrong with football though, in my opinion. There's no way I could even hold my nose for that piece of shit.

- Scott

razor787
12-06-2010, 04:21 AM
Hopefully the FO knows of our disgust of GBS, and doesn't pursue him. I would take another year of missing the playoffs, over a year of him.

Nuvinho
12-06-2010, 07:58 AM
How does the two phases work?

Clubs must exercise the option for, or extend a Bona Fide Offer to, players selected in Stage 1. Players that were out of contract may either accept or reject the Bona Fide Offer. Should a player reject the offer, the drafting club will hold the right of first refusal for that player in MLS. Players with option years left on their contract will automatically be added to the drafting club’s roster.

Any player selected in Stage 1 will remain on the drafting Club’s 2011 budget at the option price or Bona Fide Offer price until April 1, 2011. Clubs and players may not mutually renegotiate that price to a lower number until April 1, 2011.

Clubs may not select their own players in Stage 1. Players will have the opportunity to negotiate contracts and sign with their previous clubs after Stage 1 is complete through 2 p.m. ET on December 13.

In Stage 2, clubs may select from players that are under contract and those not under contract. If a player is not under contract, the drafting club will be required to make a genuine offer to the player within seven days. In the event that an agreement cannot be reached between the drafting club and an out-of-contract player, the drafting club will hold the right of first refusal for that player in MLS. Clubs may select their own players in Stage 2 only after all other clubs have declined to select those players.

If a player is not selected in either stage of the Re-Entry Process, that player will be available on a first come first serve basis to all clubs.

Mikey
12-06-2010, 08:17 AM
Doubtful that TFC would pick up schelotto, they have no room for his decompression tank after the game. He's one of the worst career divers.... EVER. If TFC cant get forward without that kind oif shit, it's time they packed up and quit.

scooter
12-06-2010, 08:18 AM
I'd be interested in JPA. Schellotto represents everything wrong with football though, in my opinion. There's no way I could even hold my nose for that piece of shit.

- Scott

x one million no diving c--nts on our team stay the fook away if you cant play football on your feet

Nuvinho
12-06-2010, 08:25 AM
I know I read somewhere that you have to offer the player a 5% raise on the option year salary:

JP Angel - $1.7M (last year - $1.62M)
GBS - $147,000 (last year - $140,000)
Conrad - $244,388 (last year - $232,750)
Serioux - $100,800 (last year - $96,000)

ManUtd4ever
12-06-2010, 08:48 AM
The off season isn't a popularity contest, it's about improving the squad on the pitch. Schelotto would instantly become our most creative midfielder and make all of the offensive players around him more effective. I would also go after Angel in the secondary draft and offer him a non DP contract...

EDIT - According to the Columbus Dispatch article, If Schelotto is claimed in the preliminary draft, he would carry a tab of 650K, which is too rich for my blood. However, the article also states that if he is selected in the secondary draft, he would be willing to accept 325K. IF GBS is still available in mid December, I would definitely sign him to a non DP one year contract...

TFC/Everton
12-06-2010, 09:09 AM
Cheers to JPA!!!!!

Roogsy
12-06-2010, 09:37 AM
I'd hate to see Schelotto in a TFC jersey.

At this point I don't even care. Not that I am incredibly fond of the idea but our team has sucked for 4 straight years, I am not going to be picky at this point.

v00d00daddy
12-06-2010, 09:52 AM
I'm with the guys saying that we should take any player that makes us better.

god forbid we have a talented diver...I'd much rather have a hard worker with two brick feet...lol

haven't we had enough of those?

mastermixer
12-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Does anyone else think this re-entry process is a little amateurish? These players, many who have been with the league for a long time have to be put on display and IF they get lucky will be able to play in MLS again. It's like school recess when you stand in line waiting to be picked for kickball.

Wooster_TFC
12-06-2010, 10:16 AM
Hmmm, if those are the rules, and let's say JPA (or whomever) makes it to the second round. If you are Vancouver or Portland, what's to stop you from picking that person (with no real intention of signing them) and simply burying them so that a team that picks later (like TFC) can't pick them up?

dupont
12-06-2010, 10:22 AM
I can definitely see an upside to getting either JPA or GBS. In MLS though, you just never know who will pan out and who won't. It's like rolling the dice with every signing.

Detroit_TFC
12-06-2010, 10:22 AM
More of a rummage sale than schoolyard selection. A lot of these guys aren't going to get signed. Yeah its weird but at least their former teams don't hold their MLS leashes anymore, an improvement from the previous arrangement.

TFCRegina
12-06-2010, 11:39 AM
At this point I don't even care. Not that I am incredibly fond of the idea but our team has sucked for 4 straight years, I am not going to be picky at this point.

I'm glad we see eye to eye on this.

We suck too much not to try the diving and cheating way.

Lucky Strike
12-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Disagreed. I like diving cheating assholes when they're on our side. We need all the help we can get.

Normally I'd agree on it doesn't matter who plays for your team, the idea is to have a good team but GBS is the one player I make an exception for. Never, ever, EVER do I want to see him wearing our red. That "man" represents everything that is wrong with football and he played for Columbus. NEVER EVER!

Pookie
12-06-2010, 11:54 AM
We've had divers before. In fact, quite a few people missed Guevara when he moved on.

TFCRegina
12-06-2010, 12:21 PM
We've had divers before. In fact, quite a few people missed Guevara when he moved on.

Not to mention Shitty Vitti.

oxygenatedbrain
12-06-2010, 12:42 PM
GBS - $147,000 (last year - $140,000)

Schelloto was due a BIG bump in salary. Apparently he is willing to sign for something over 300k if selected in the second round...

I warn the squeamish, the link is to the Columbus Dispatch...

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/11/15/gbs2_Schelotto.html

v00d00daddy
12-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Not to mention Shitty Vitti.

I know it's not popular to mention but our current captain tends to gonto ground very easily. he doesn't roll around in fake pain like gbs but he does dive almost every game.

Pookie
12-06-2010, 02:42 PM
I know it's not popular to mention but our current captain tends to gonto ground very easily. he doesn't roll around in fake pain like gbs but he does dive almost every game.

I guess we need a new captain.

I won't miss Ibrahim's spontaneous leg wounds either.

ag futbol
12-06-2010, 03:03 PM
I can understand diving is cheating, but is it really any more offensive than the other stuff we're subjected to out there? Some would be more offended by someone like Nick Garcia who pretty much is trying any underhanded thing he can (clutch, grab, elbow, stick leg out) in order to keep his man in front of him.

Anyway, the more pictures i see of Cochrane on the webpage the more scared I get. I wasn't that concerned before, but i think we're officially on watch until he's named GM and everyone goes nuts.

Hope they're ready for all the people who call their reps and want their tickets cancelled.

Section 117
12-06-2010, 03:09 PM
From what I have been told there are a few players that interest Toronto on that list... Price will be an issue, so I can not see TC picking up any of the following Conrad, GBS or JPA

The reason they won't is because they will not want to commit a large cap hit to incumber our new GM if we ever get one...

Ossington Mental Youth
12-06-2010, 03:14 PM
that to me suggests we will and it wont be cochrane

jabbronies
12-06-2010, 03:22 PM

“We’re looking at several key components that anyone that knows our roster will understand,” Cochrane says. “There are maybe six key starting-11 type players we are after. The rest is about filling out our roster.”

Sounds like he is going after guys to play the wings in the midfield and on D.
And a couple guys who can come off the bench for 15-25 minutes and not shit the bed!

ArmenJBX
12-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Gino Padula, former Crew Leftback, is my projection.

You can read why at RedNationOnline!

Section 117
12-06-2010, 03:39 PM

The reality is if we are to keep status quo ... TFC would be able to sign the players to fit the system in which they want to play, but by waiting to hear what Jurgen wants to do and who he suggests to appoint we will be missing the boat on a lot of players and then we will go into camp with an under staffed squad.

Earl has the authority to make changes to the squad with the input of the coaching staff. Problem is if a new GM and coach come in and we have signed 8 new players and they don't fit their system we will be up the creek without a paddle...

The longer that we wait to here about a new GM and Coach, more and more players will be off the market and I for one would prefer to start building a squad now with a wider talent pool and hire a GM and Coach who fit with the style of the exsisting squad, then trying to rebuild this roster in the middle of March when we need to building cohesion within the squad and hopefully win our season opener in Columbus ....

Just my 2 cents

jabbronies
12-06-2010, 03:48 PM
The reality is if we are to keep status quo ... TFC would be able to sign the players to fit the system in which they want to play, but by waiting to hear what Jurgen wants to do and who he suggests to appoint we will be missing the boat on a lot of players and then we will go into camp with an under staffed squad.

Earl has the authority to make changes to the squad with the input of the coaching staff. Problem is if a new GM and coach come in and we have signed 8 new players and they don't fit their system we will be up the creek without a paddle...

The longer that we wait to here about a new GM and Coach, more and more players will be off the market and I for one would prefer to start building a squad now with a wider talent pool and hire a GM and Coach who fit with the style of the exsisting squad, then trying to rebuild this roster in the middle of March when we need to building cohesion within the squad and hopefully win our season opener in Columbus ....

Just my 2 cents

I think what the team is looking at right now, at least the impression I'm getting, is they are just filling in the roster with basic needs and filling in basic holes.

As far as big games changers/impact players who would affect out style of play - we already have Frei, Nana, Cann, Deguzman, Dero and some could argue Santos. Any style we do move forward with will have to include what these guys bring to the table. So anyone we bring in who is a game changer will be able to work within or bring out what these guys can do.

I think this new GM would be looking at 2 wingers, a striker and I guess 1 Defensive player as impact players to help him play his style of game.

Beach_Red
12-06-2010, 04:14 PM
I think what the team is looking at right now, at least the impression I'm getting, is they are just filling in the roster with basic needs and filling in basic holes.

As far as big games changers/impact players who would affect out style of play - we already have Frei, Nana, Cann, Deguzman, Dero and some could argue Santos. Any style we do move forward with will have to include what these guys bring to the table. So anyone we bring in who is a game changer will be able to work within or bring out what these guys can do.

I think this new GM would be looking at 2 wingers, a striker and I guess 1 Defensive player as impact players to help him play his style of game.

Are either Cann or Nana under contract for next year? Is Frei?

Nodoubtguy
12-06-2010, 04:19 PM
JPA I could accept, GBS....no way

Yohan
12-06-2010, 04:31 PM
Let's forget the fact that Shitlicker represents a lot of things I hate about footy.

Let's not forget that Shitlicker will be 38 next May. And his minutes have to be very carefully managed so he rarely will play 90 mins.

Columbus decided to go with another direction, because of something... Surely they know more about GBS than we do? There's got to be a big reason why he's being dropped, even at relatively cheap salary.

And as much as I hate how he plays footy, I heard that he's rather classy individual off the pitch. And it would be really classless for him to sign for one of Columbus's rivals.

I'd like to see Jimmy Conrad, but I'm afraid we might get slightly better version of Nick Garcia. Jimmy Conrad used to be one of best MLS defenders, but he's like 34 and lost a lot of step.

jabbronies
12-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Are either Cann or Nana under contract for next year? Is Frei?

Good question, I just assumed that was already done. If it isn't, I'm going to assume they will do almost anything to keep these guys here.

ag futbol
12-06-2010, 06:16 PM
Good question, I just assumed that was already done. If it isn't, I'm going to assume they will do almost anything to keep these guys here.
I think we need to step back here a bit.

Cann - I can understand why they'd want to lock him up. He's young enough to be useful for years to come. Old enough where MLS will probably be his last stop. Great in the air, decent positioning, ok on the ball and decent passer. Will cost more than last year, but not that expensive.

Attakora - would I keep him for the right price? without a doubt. However, he's the type of guy who can fetch a decent sized overseas offer despite having an incomplete skill set.

My problem is that you put both of these guys together and neither can hold the ball very well or make very visionary passes out of the back. Not a huge fan of them as a pairing for this reason.

Other teams pressed us up top last year, A LOT. While our lack of wide options didn't help, other teams knew that if you put Cann / Nana under pressure chances are they'd make bad decisions or simply hoof it down field.

We need at least one central defender who is better at holding the ball than these two.

J .
12-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Most of our troubles last year are that we had no wide players. Cann is horrible when getting run at while Nana still lacks confidence, but is still quite young and will be a CMNT starter and likely will be in Europe in 2 years.

Also, Im hoping we get one of or both of JPA and GBS.

The GBS haters will love when he scores goals at key moments instead of when we are down 2-0. Columbus wants to make itself marketable to an American crowd despite GBS getting along with players. Id almost prefer GBS because he would be cheaper and let us get two DP wingers in.

rocker
12-07-2010, 12:15 AM
Columbus decided to go with another direction, because of something... Surely they know more about GBS than we do? There's got to be a big reason why he's being dropped, even at relatively cheap salary..

Same with JPA. Why is NYRB willing to let him go? If these two teams are willing to let these guys walk, then that says something.

It's easy to like a player who you don't watch everyday too...

Shakes McQueen
12-07-2010, 12:20 AM
Same with JPA. Why is NYRB willing to let him go? If these two teams are willing to let these guys walk, then that says something.

It's easy to like a player who you don't watch everyday too...

I assume Angel is being let go because they can't afford his salary, and hope to have a balanced roster with the two DPs they added this past year.

- Scott

rocker
12-07-2010, 01:49 AM
I assume Angel is being let go because they can't afford his salary, and hope to have a balanced roster with the two DPs they added this past year.

- Scott

yup.. now, if he was still doing what he always did, I think they would find a way to afford him. But in the cost-benefit analysis, they've decided they can do better with others. That's still something to think about for us. I'm a little scared of this notion of going out and grabbing a 35 year old and a 37 year old as a way to resurrect TFC. That's a stopgap solution, if it's any solution at all.

anyways, here are some scouting report comments from three NYRB supporters on Angel:

Great in the air though slowed up in second half of season. Went 3 mo or so without a goal during run of play as only scored on PKs or set pieces for a while. Seems like he slowed up and can't take anyone off of dribble. If we had a true playmaker at Cmid I think he would have scored 15 to 20 goals as we lacked a creative type last year... I;d take a chance on him as it would only cost you $. May have 1 -2 more seasons left in him if his back holds up.

I watch Angel play for more than 120 games with the Red Bulls and he was great on the air, he has slowed a lot, and missed like 90 dead goal passes on the last season that any other striker will do at least half of them, you want him, be my guest....

at this stage in his career IMO he's a 6 yard box finisher, but even those skills have deminished. He doesnt win the headers he used to win , has trouble creating space for himself and he gets caught offside wayyy too much. with that said he's worth a gamble provided if TFC adds a forward that can run and improved midfield....outside midfielders in particular. He still has the soccer IQ to hold the ball up and hit the ocassinal runner with a smart pass. if you guys are going to have the same team and just plug JPA up top in Mista's old position i'd say dont bother.

Red CB Toronto
12-07-2010, 02:53 AM
I cano believe that the players could not legally challenge the ability to control the movement of out of contract players, this seems to be like collusion of baseball's past. I do not have a contract then I should be able to do whatever I want.

jloome
12-07-2010, 11:23 AM
I cano believe that the players could not legally challenge the ability to control the movement of out of contract players, this seems to be like collusion of baseball's past. I do not have a contract then I should be able to do whatever I want.

Single-entity league, therefore technically there's no movement.

Mark TFC
12-08-2010, 07:19 PM
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/12/cochrane-re-entry-draft

bgnewf
12-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Thirty Three Remain

http://bit.ly/g7ba0C

Thoughts on the "Non-Event" that was today's MLS Re-Entry Draft.

werewolf
12-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Everyone else has contributed their thoughts in this thread, not just linked away.

Mark TFC
12-08-2010, 10:03 PM
Everyone else has contributed their thoughts in this thread, not just linked away.

Thread-starter right here, dude!

Stugatzo
12-15-2010, 08:10 AM
JPA is/was a quality player, no question. But here's a simple formula to manage expectations for his next team.

JPA @ non-DP $$=JPA playing @ non-DP level.

Azerban
12-15-2010, 08:25 AM
JPA is/was a quality player, no question. But here's a simple formula to manage expectations for his next team.

JPA @ non-DP $$=JPA playing @ non-DP level.

or he could be a professional

Azerban
12-15-2010, 02:11 PM
my favourite part was when we didn't hesitate to grab in the re-entry draft

Ossington Mental Youth
12-15-2010, 02:14 PM
meh, nothing worth grabbing

Whoop
12-15-2010, 02:21 PM
That's what I had heard a couple of weeks ago. TFC wasn't going to draft anyone.

Shway
12-15-2010, 02:23 PM
but sturgis is?...............

I havent hit the panic button yet.....but man oh man, anyone who has some sort optimism, please give me some.

loconet
12-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Cunty to Columbus? His popularity just skyrocketed here :D

Torontotonto
12-15-2010, 04:46 PM
TO won't hesitate, what a joke.

Just heard on the Fan590 Juan Pablo Angel gone to L.A. Galaxy

Sure could have used a proven goal scorer up front for next year.

JonO
12-15-2010, 04:53 PM
1. Don't think the Galaxy have signed him yet, just selected him in the re-entry draft. They still have to agree to terms. You would assume, however, that they have been in talks.

2. L.A. drafted him 1 spot before we even had a chance...

bgnewf
12-15-2010, 05:19 PM
1. Don't think the Galaxy have signed him yet, just selected him in the re-entry draft. They still have to agree to terms. You would assume, however, that they have been in talks.

and traded up to get him.

David_Oliveira
12-15-2010, 06:14 PM
I wouldn't mind of grabbing Hejduk. If we could get him for cheap, he would be a solid pickup at RB. We really don't have a RB. Gargan and him would thrive with the competitiveness of getting the spot. It would eliminate alot of the complacency that some guys have. for the most part, the starting XI don't have to fight for a job. I think that with a few fights for a spot and this team can compete

Shway
12-15-2010, 06:21 PM
I wouldn't mind of grabbing Hejduk. If we could get him for cheap, he would be a solid pickup at RB. We really don't have a RB. Gargan and him would thrive with the competitiveness of getting the spot. It would eliminate alot of the complacency that some guys have. for the most part, the starting XI don't have to fight for a job. I think that with a few fights for a spot and this team can compete

hes a going to be a galaxy player now,
Galaxy traded the rights of Luke sassano to SKC for his rights

galaxy is building an empire

rocker
12-15-2010, 06:27 PM

well, if the old guys don't get hurt and Donovan doesn't leave for Europe, they should be very solid for a year or so.

Beckham is 35..
Heyduk is 36..
JPA is 35..

but i think empire is a strong word. They'll have to rebuild in 2012 or 2013. I was surprised they traded their academy striker prospect Tristan Bowen today.

David_Oliveira
12-15-2010, 06:28 PM

How are they getting all this cap space?
What happens a a year or two when all these players retire?

TFC07
12-15-2010, 06:59 PM
but sturgis is?...............

I havent hit the panic button yet.....but man oh man, anyone who has some sort optimism, please give me some.

I get the feeling once we have our manager/coach, then everything will start fall into place.

Stryker
12-15-2010, 08:15 PM
well, if the old guys don't get hurt and Donovan doesn't leave for Europe, they should be very solid for a year or so.
Or maybe not.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3278464/Edson-Buddle-on-trial-at-Birmingham.html

tovan
12-15-2010, 08:37 PM
I get the feeling once we have our manager/coach, then everything will start fall into place.

better be soon or TFC will miss the boat. expansion draft has passed, re-entry draft too... college draft is in a couple weeks, then its pre-season shortly after. that doesn't leave too much time to build a squad with a long-term plan/vision in mind, winning culture, or whatever klinsmann and the brass are spewing. they're cutting it pretty close IMO. if they don't act soon, we'll be scrambling for players just like last year...

Ossington Mental Youth
12-15-2010, 08:38 PM

Beckham is 35..
Heyduk is 36..
JPA is 35..

but i think empire is a strong word. They'll have to rebuild in 2012 or 2013. I was surprised they traded their academy striker prospect Tristan Bowen today.

yeah man, theyre just trying to get to the finals and win next year.
Whod they trade Bowen to?

rocker
12-15-2010, 09:03 PM
yeah man, theyre just trying to get to the finals and win next year.
Whod they trade Bowen to?

traded him to Chivas.... I think he might be the first academy product traded within the league. Galaxy got allocation money in return.

Torontotonto
12-15-2010, 09:26 PM

Should have checked online before posting as soon as I got home.
On the drive home the Fan590 stated TFC passed on their 2nd round re-entry pick and LA ended up with JPA ? That really pissed me off.
Just goes to show you can't always trust the accuracy of the media or reporter that made the statement.

I think we need a confirmed team management group before anything will fall into place for the next year. I don't say the future because I've been waiting for the same MLSE group to do get it done with our hockey team for so long now, Guess I just don't have the patience or confidence in the ownership...

:facepalm:

Ossington Mental Youth
12-15-2010, 09:44 PM
traded him to Chivas.... I think he might be the first academy product traded within the league. Galaxy got allocation money in return.

definitely sounds like they are stocking up to take the league next year

JonO
12-15-2010, 09:47 PM
On the drive home the Fan590 stated TFC passed on their 2nd round re-entry pick and LA ended up with JPA ?
Well it's not inaccurate - just misleading ;)

Sopo
12-15-2010, 10:19 PM

As much as we have an adviser, we don't have a coach.
I agree once we at least have a coach, TFC can pick up players that they all think will work with other players, and the style of play Toronto wants to play.

As much as Klinsmann wants them to play attacking football, you need a coach with the same mind set, and then acquire those players they all feel can do the job.

prizby
12-15-2010, 10:32 PM
quick question...technically speaking, if TFC wanted to keep Nick Garcia at a lower wage, could they have used their pick in the re-entry draft to "grab him"?

sidvan
12-15-2010, 10:49 PM
Yes they could have (only after everyone else had passed) but would have had to make a "genuine" offer according to MLS By not selecting him they can now contact him as a regular free agent and offer him something more in line with "fair market value" for a player of his ability/experience.

TFC/Everton
12-16-2010, 01:20 AM
my favourite part was when we didn't hesitate to grab in the re-entry draft

HAHAHAHA, I needed a good laugh

THIS SHIP IS SINKING!!!!

jloome
12-16-2010, 05:05 PM
I don't see this is a negative. There wasn't much quality worth the dollars in this draft and if you're rebuilding, you're going to be ambitious outside the league's player pool anyway.

TFCRegina
12-16-2010, 05:17 PM
I don't see this is a negative. There wasn't much quality worth the dollars in this draft and if you're rebuilding, you're going to be ambitious outside the league's player pool anyway.

This.

What was available was shit. Maybe I would have grabbed Garcia for another year at a league minimum, but if I had him, I'd want him to be a part of the Academy as a coach, not a part of the team as a player.

Otherwise, there was pretty much garbage. There's a reason why these guys have been released.

Davenport
12-16-2010, 05:24 PM
HAHAHAHA, I needed a good laugh

THIS SHIP IS SINKING!!!!

The women and children have gone and there's no captain......we're all doomed.

Here was I thinking the TFC offices would be a hive of activity, but no, the silence is deafening....they've already left for their 4 week Christmas break.

Brooker
12-16-2010, 05:24 PM
Edson Buddle in the PL? Surely that's a joke....

Ossington Mental Youth
12-16-2010, 06:22 PM

yep and yet people are quick to react negatively.
much ado about nothing