SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/) :yum:

razor787
12-03-2010, 06:44 AM
Morning Denime

zamperina
12-03-2010, 08:21 AM
If MLS moves to the FIFA Calendar....
http://www.football-italia.net/pics300/melonews02.jpg
Melo: Juve needed Santa!http://www.football-italia.net/imgs/whitebox.gifhttp://www.football-italia.net/imgs/whitebox.gifFelipe Melo has hit out at the artic conditions which Juventus played in at Lech Poznan. “We needed Father Christmas.”

The Old Lady crashed out of the Europa League on Wednesday after only picking up a 1-1 draw in snowy Poland.

The game was played at a temperature of -14°C, but the Brazilian insists it was even colder on the field of play.

“We were told that with the wind chill the temperature got down to -27°C,” the South American noted.

“I didn’t feel well in the changing rooms after the game, my chest was really tight,” continued the midfielder.

“I was nervous and worried about it because I had never felt like that before in my life. I was scared.

“To play football in those conditions and on that pitch you needed to be Father Christmas…”

TOBOR !
12-03-2010, 08:28 AM
I was nervous and worried about it because I had never felt like that before in my life. I was scared.

Shut up, bitch.

razor787
12-03-2010, 08:32 AM
If MLS moves to the FIFA Calendar....
http://www.football-italia.net/pics300/melonews02.jpg
Melo: Juve needed Santa!http://www.football-italia.net/imgs/whitebox.gifhttp://www.football-italia.net/imgs/whitebox.gifFelipe Melo has hit out at the artic conditions which Juventus played in at Lech Poznan. “We needed Father Christmas.”

The Old Lady crashed out of the Europa League on Wednesday after only picking up a 1-1 draw in snowy Poland.

The game was played at a temperature of -14°C, but the Brazilian insists it was even colder on the field of play.

“We were told that with the wind chill the temperature got down to -27°C,” the South American noted.

“I didn’t feel well in the changing rooms after the game, my chest was really tight,” continued the midfielder.

“I was nervous and worried about it because I had never felt like that before in my life. I was scared.

“To play football in those conditions and on that pitch you needed to be Father Christmas…”

Definately not healthy. Its a different type of air when its cold, and its not good to exercise in. Playing here in winter is just asking for trouble.

scooter
12-03-2010, 08:41 AM
mornin d

MG42
12-03-2010, 08:41 AM
Definately not healthy. Its a different type of air when its cold, and its not good to exercise in. Playing here in winter is just asking for trouble.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8a/Oxyhaemoglobin_dissociation_curve.png

Parkdale
12-03-2010, 08:55 AM
the biggest concern of playing in the winter - injuries will cripple (no pun) every team.

Players will have to sit on exercise bikes just to stay warmed up enough.
They'll have to play in thermals, (including pants). It would be horrible to watch.

razor787
12-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Well, the US lost their bid, so my guess is they wont fall into the FIFA calendar anytime soon.

Parkdale
12-03-2010, 09:00 AM
^ that is the bright side.

razor787
12-03-2010, 09:02 AM
Hopefully by the time the US puts in another bid, FIFA has someone in charge that realizes how badly that would effect the sport.

Playing in the winter would send any quality players the league has, overseas. Nobody would want to play here.

Parkdale
12-03-2010, 09:26 AM
^ yeah, all the biggest stars will be playing in the Qatari Premiere League™

C.Ronaldo
12-03-2010, 09:29 AM
guys

how often does it get to -15 in Dec or March

come on guys.

If the stadiums have roofs over the seating, there is no way it will be that cold with a heated pitch.

I play football and street hockey in -10. You learn to deal. Just like you learn to deal when its 35 and humid

How does wearing tights, make the game ugly? Riding my bike in the cold doesnt look or perform any different because I wear thermal tights.

Shway
12-03-2010, 09:44 AM
Toronto FC has decided to not pick up the 2011 options on Fuad Ibrahim, Amadou Sanyang and Nick Garcia. Garcia is the only Toronto FC player eligible for the Major League Soccer re-entry draft on December 8th.

“This is yet another necessary step as we look toward building our 2011 squad,” said Earl Cochrane, Toronto FC interim director of soccer.

“With Nick we simply couldn’t find a way to make him fit within our current budget situation. If we lose Nick through this re-entry process, we will miss his leadership and experience and wish him all the best in the future.”

“We will evaluate shortly where or how Fuad and Amadou might fit into our 2011 plans.”

Oh boy...
The more players we get rid of, without any players being signed....
Im scared for 2011

Why Sanyang? hes only 19

EDIT: options not picked up, NOT released (holding my tongue)....for now

JonO
12-03-2010, 09:46 AM
It may have to do with his contract. Maybe they want to renegotiate. Time will tell. Although, we're getting close to panic time to find our coach/GM...

Section 117
12-03-2010, 09:47 AM
Why Sanyang you ask... Because everytime he steps on the pitch he is red card waiting to happen.

jabbronies
12-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Oh boy...
The more players we get rid of, without any players being signed....
Im scared for 2011

Why Sanyang? hes only 19

Well I'm not too sad to sat good-bye to anyone that we have let go so far. To be honest, how could we be any worse.

As for Sanyang, still not sure what the hype is on him.

Sweeper
I'm not sure why Sanyang went either. When he wasn't concussed or lying on the field killing time with a fake injury he was actually pretty decent and would have added depth. Seemed like he might have been the guy to take a stupid red card or difficult to coach during the game.

razor787
It doesnt have to get to -15 to impact the game, player performance, and player health.

The average high in february is -3. How often does a toronto -3 ACTUALLY feel like -3? February is when the league would start back up. The weather is still brutal in february. Even in November for the MLS cup it was pretty chilly out (not as bad as it could have been, but it was cold). Players simply wouldnt want to play in that. Playing hockey/football, you can wear a coat, or go in and take a hot chocolate break if you want/need one.

In a match, you cant wear a coat, or even pants. You would get incredibly sick wearing shorts in a canadian february. And thermal tights would make very little impact in that weather. Playing in a stadium right by the lake in potentially -10 to -15 weather (which feels a lot colder due to windchill i remind you) will be cold no matter what you say.

Lets pretend though, that it does happen, and its a good day. Only a couple days below freezing. Players joints will hurt. Especially those that have had joint injuries in the past. The quality of foodball would be piss poor, simply because of frozen joints.

Chevy
12-03-2010, 09:49 AM
Maybe it's a health issue? Concussions are a bitch.

I for one really like Sanyang. I hope he sticks around and gets some reserve games (at least) under his belt.

Shway
12-03-2010, 09:54 AM
^^agreed hes only 19!!

all he needs is discpline, that can be coached..Sanyang is our Lee Cattermole, Ryan Shawcross, Nigel De Jong,

we need those players

Ibrahim needs a heavy developmental paycheck for him to stay, hes a different story.

Detroit_TFC
12-03-2010, 09:57 AM
We'll have the Qataris build us some magick stadiums that stay 27 C all year round, like they'll have for 2022.

Parkdale
12-03-2010, 10:03 AM
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/12/tfc-decides-three

GARCIA GONE

jimmyjazz
12-03-2010, 10:03 AM
The best line I ever saw on a winter schedule in North America was posted in the Globe i believe, and it said that if Sepp Blatter truly believed that NA conditions were acceptable for winter football he should locate the World Club Championship (held in January) in Chicago for the next 5 years, instead of Tokyo.

End of story.

Toronto Ruffrider
12-03-2010, 10:12 AM
Well, the US lost their bid, so my guess is they wont fall into the FIFA calendar anytime soon.

At times Garber takes a lot of flack for his stance on the MLS schedule. In this case, I hope Garber tells Blatter to shove his fall-to-spring schedule up his ass.

scut farkus
12-03-2010, 10:20 AM
Now that Ibrahim is off of GA, his $100k salary definitely needs readjusting.

TOBOR !
12-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Sanyang is our Lee Cattermole, Ryan Shawcross, Nigel De Jong,

By your analogy Usanov was our Ashley Cole and Hscanovics our Joleon Lescott. Maybe we should rethink letting them go.

Now if only Julian De Guzman wasn't our [www.google.ca/underachieving+defensive+midfielder] then maybe we'd have a team.

Parkdale
12-03-2010, 10:26 AM
http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=25631
^^^ The Garcia Discussion Thread ^^^

Ossington Mental Youth
12-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Yeah I'd like to see those two kids back at lowest salary in the reserve league, give em a year/year and a half then drop em if they aren't developing

mastermixer
12-03-2010, 10:29 AM
It may have to do with his contract. Maybe they want to renegotiate. Time will tell. Although, we're getting close to panic time to find our coach/GM...

Or... what you see is what you get, just hasn't been made official. Scary thought.

Roogsy
12-03-2010, 10:33 AM

DEAR LORD! :eek:

:hump:<3:hump:<3:hump:

Redcoe15
12-03-2010, 10:58 AM
At times Garber takes a lot of flack for his stance on the MLS schedule. In this case, I hope Garber tells Blatter to shove his fall-to-spring schedule up his ass.
Damnit. I was going to say that! :D

C.Ronaldo
12-03-2010, 12:11 PM
What about long distance runners that run up north, or cross country skiers, or snow shoers, or winter cyclists. They only wear thermal tights, new materials and technology has made this possible.

However, if we are playing winter soccer, Im only under the assumption we play in a stadium like red bulls have.

I'm not saying we can play in the one we currently have. Its just too windy and exposed to the elements.

Although I was much more comfortable at the MLS cup than at a 1pm game in July with my neck receiving a bad ass sun burn.

Roogsy
12-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Dear lord no...take me back to the hot days of summer rather than freezing my ass off at the MLS Cup.

rocker
12-03-2010, 03:49 PM
summer soccer is best since it brings out the lovely ladies in the short shorts and tied up TFC jerseys. This is the best argument to keep the season as it is ;)

ladies and parkas don't mix! ;)

TheKing7
12-03-2010, 03:53 PM
I don't mind keeping Amadou at a minimal cost. He is only 19 and he has potential, but the fact is he cant complete a 15 yard pass

C.Ronaldo
12-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Give up on summer, Canada's best time are in the winter if you embrace it.

Go to costco, 2 pairs of their thermal tights - $15 each = $30
thermal upper body = $15
1 pair of Mens Sorels = $90
Touque = $5-10$
Costco Mtts - $20
Wool Socks - $10
1 joe fresh parka $100

For under $300 your set for a very comfortable winter

Roogsy
12-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Designer shorts at Winners: $30
Flip-flops:$10
TFC T-Shirt: $40

Seeing hot women in tight t-shirts and Daisy Dukes? Priceless

For under $100 you can be dressed comfortably in summer and love the view.

C.Ronaldo
12-03-2010, 05:35 PM
^
sure if you like hot chicks scantily clad

pfff

Roogsy
12-03-2010, 05:38 PM
:lol:

Is life worth living without?

Wull
12-03-2010, 06:37 PM
fuck I hope daisy dukes are still in fashion next summer!

TFCUNITED
12-03-2010, 10:18 PM

I like the picks where she is wearing the jean shorts and those gloves. :yum:

razor787
12-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Best SSG I have seen in ages.