PDA

View Full Version : oh god look at vancouver they are so perfect they're doing everything right

Azerban
12-01-2010, 11:38 PM
http://forum.vancouversouthsiders.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4651&PN=1

no words necessary just read it

werewolf
12-01-2010, 11:41 PM
"I think that at this time we should agree to disagree on this particular matter and move on. Thanks for your past and future support."

TIFO for next season.

:rofl:

flatpicker
12-01-2010, 11:45 PM
It seems the life of the supporter is crap in many places.

Strikers
12-01-2010, 11:45 PM
Interesting response fron Bob.

Brooker
12-01-2010, 11:56 PM
wow.

TFCRegina
12-02-2010, 12:02 AM
Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck.

Serves the condescending bastards right.

ag futbol
12-02-2010, 12:06 AM
This just seems to be far for the course in many MLS markets these days. Club reaches success, tells it's best customers to effectively shove it.

Strange way to run a business.

razor787
12-02-2010, 12:07 AM
wow. MLSE seems like a great FO compared to them.

Toronto Ruffrider
12-02-2010, 12:52 AM
Vancouver may be coming to MLS, but one thing never changes with that club: Lenarduzzi is still a douche.

Keystone FC
12-02-2010, 12:54 AM

no words necessary just read it
In all honesty I would expect an answer like that from the FO of a club that is moving from a Div II to Div I status and rebuilding the club pretty much from scratch.
I will give the noobs credit. Thery are making their case to the FO before they start their MLS season rather than wait for the fist match and THEN say...Wait a minute!

TFC/Everton
12-02-2010, 01:08 AM
It is the constant struggle between management and the supporters.

Hitcho
12-02-2010, 01:14 AM
Hmmm, seems eerily familiar. Although with us TFC at least tried to pretend they weren't going to fuck us to death before they did exactly that.

Still not convinced MLSE will pull the wider TFC support base back from the brink. The Klinsmann thing is mis-guided and seems to be heading nowhere - if anything it's probably put off coaches who don't want to take the job and find themelves saddled with some all-consuming philosophy that is nothing to do with them and came from an overpaid "consultant" not even on staff with the club.

Southsiders are about to get the same fucking we did in the first few years of MLS life, and looks like the Shite Caps are quite happy to be open about it too! Until the waiting list runs out and they come grovelling back with town hall meetings and free home openers. Wait, hang on a minute...

Dunkers
12-02-2010, 04:45 AM
"I think that at this time we should agree to disagree on this particular matter and move on. Thanks for your past and future support."

TIFO for next season.

Having moved to BC after year 3 as STH, I am looking forward to the upcomming whitecaps season, and as much as the issues the southsiders have raised are vaild concerns, that would be damn funny

Cashcleaner
12-02-2010, 07:45 AM
TIFO for next season.

You know what would be even better? A banner at the south end of BMO that says "WE ONLY PAID $434 FOR THESE SEATS!!!"

Almost any other club would get my sympathy, but the Southsiders have had their own heads up their asses for so long, a little schadenfreude* is in order.

* It means to take pleasure from the misfortune of others. Now you know.

Mark TFC
12-02-2010, 08:43 AM
"I think that at this time we should agree to disagree on this particular matter and move on." <--- Now that's class...

TFCRegina
12-02-2010, 08:48 AM
You know what would be even better? A banner at the south end of BMO that says "WE ONLY PAID $434 FOR THESE SEATS!!!"

Almost any other club would get my sympathy, but the Southsiders have had their own heads up their asses for so long, a little schadenfreude* is in order.

* It means to take pleasure from the misfortune of others. Now you know.

Hahaha, glad someone feels the same.

tfcleeds
12-02-2010, 08:52 AM
Talk about Lenarduzzi giving the Southsiders the finger...that's hilarious.

Globetrotter
12-02-2010, 09:06 AM
I think we should be supporting the Southsiders. What they are going through is garbage, much like what we are going through. We should support them on this cause. On game day, they can be our rivals, but all supporters group should band together so owners and the league get this stuff right. Supporters groups are helping this league, and we need to be strong together... not laughing at others tough situation. I think our supporters should talk to theirs and let them know we fully support them with their push.

That would obviously help them, but think of how good that also looks for us, and as a country (and league) as a whole.

Support ALL supporters against foolishness.

ManUtd4ever
12-02-2010, 09:11 AM
Southsiders new logo: :sheep:

DangerRed
12-02-2010, 09:26 AM
"Dear Supporter,

Shut the fuck up and go fuck yourself.

Sincerely,
Bob"

I like his matter-of-fact approach.

MarkEightThree
12-02-2010, 09:39 AM
I think we should be supporting the Southsiders. What they are going through is garbage, much like what we are going through. We should support them on this cause. On game day, they can be our rivals, but all supporters group should band together so owners and the league get this stuff right. Supporters groups are helping this league, and we need to be strong together... not laughing at others tough situation. I think our supporters should talk to theirs and let them know we fully support them with their push.

That would obviously help them, but think of how good that also looks for us, and as a country (and league) as a whole.

I strongly agree with Globetrotter's notion here. As much fun as laughing at them would be [and is], we'll never be able to see organized supporters coming down to Toronto in large groups if they can't even get their shit together in their own stadium. And I'd rather see a strong supporter culture across Canada then none at all...

:canada:

Roogsy
12-02-2010, 09:51 AM
TIFO for next season.

:smilielol5:

I think it's a must.

Whoop
12-02-2010, 09:59 AM
Have to agree with Globetrotter.

But that would be a funny tifo.

Redcoe15
12-02-2010, 10:05 AM

http://files.myopera.com/comeaujim/albums/798921/Nelson%20Muntz%20-%20haha.gif

ginkster88
12-02-2010, 10:18 AM
"In spite of our present disagreements and discontent, we will continue to be the Whitecaps' loudest and proudest supporters. Our numbers will continue to grow in the MLS era, and we will be doing our damnedest to rival anything North America has ever seen before."

ie. You can reply however you like because it won't affect how much money we spend in the slightest.

Phil
12-02-2010, 10:23 AM

That was the scarey bit coming out of the supporters summit.

Seeing how bad things are and can be around the league, it was eye opening on that front.

Roogsy
12-02-2010, 10:35 AM

Yep, they have been particularly douchebaggy to us. It seems they live "little brother" syndrome. While I hope they organize themselves well to fight the front office for the sake of the atmosphere and success of the league, I will also take a moment to enjoy watching them squirm after the entitlement they have shown for doing nothing particularly special.

Alixir
12-02-2010, 10:53 AM
gouging the supporters in the supporter section because of what goes on there??!!
Thats fucked. Thats why I love J League. My season ticks for the supporters section cost around 25,000 yen (around $250 can) and the supporters section is general admission. We go to the stadium about 3 hours before KO, they let us in 2 hours before KO so we have time to get a seat, set up the banners and flags. single ticket price for a seat in gen admin supporters seat a whopping 2200 yen ($20)

seems par for the course in Canada to gouge supporters in almost every sport. (except for the Ottawa Sens...they have a hard time giving ticks away :p )

billyfly
12-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Did you see the name of one of the FO staff? Roberto Cabrone?

LOL...

__wowza
12-02-2010, 11:16 AM
i remember that almost EVERYONE on bigsoccer (fuck them, i know) gave us shit about when FO was fucking us. they were all "haw haw haw! EMO field!!1" and "what do they have to cry about!?" and it enraged the fuck out of me. so i can't understand for the life of me why we're not outraged as soccer fans and canadian soccer fans at that, that our brothers to the west are getting fucked.

they have my full sympathy and support.
i refuse to make light of this, and those who are should honestly be ashamed.

Cashcleaner
12-02-2010, 11:40 AM
i remember that almost EVERYONE on bigsoccer (fuck them, i know) gave us shit about when FO was fucking us. they were all "haw haw haw! EMO field!!1" and "what do they have to cry about!?" and it enraged the fuck out of me. so i can't understand for the life of me why we're not outraged as soccer fans and canadian soccer fans at that, that our brothers to the west are getting fucked.

they have my full sympathy and support.

Yep, and many of them were in on it as well.

Nice to see the shoe on the other foot for a change.

rocker
12-02-2010, 11:40 AM

don't take it so seriously

4TtnlbubKXM

__wowza
12-02-2010, 11:53 AM
don't take it so seriously

4TtnlbubKXM
can't view youtube links at work, they're blocked.

Yep, and many of them were in on it as well.

Nice to see the shoe on the other foot for a change.

i'm trying to say that we should be the bigger people on this. when people were bashing the MLS cup in toronto, a fuckton DC united fans came to our defense solely because of the fact that toronto fans joined in when they were marching to have a SSS built during an away game.

i'm not taking this seriously, i just think we're missing an opportunity to build a bridge with fellow canadian supporters. especially seeing as how this is THE EXACT SAME SHIT THAT'S HAPPENING TO US.

no FO is going to give a shit, if one exec team thinks the supporters are a joke, they all do.

jabbronies
12-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Bob Lenarduzzi always has been and always will be a grade A douchebag in my view.
I'm glad Vancouver has the misfortune of having to deal with his crap for the rest of their foreseeable future.

J .
12-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Its one thing to have supporter solidarity, its another when they are griping. They have 200 seats? That makes me jealous.

Wait until they have their tickets jacked up to "Vancouver al a Toronto" pricing.

DC is different as it is a a historical part of MLS and it would be sad if they moved because their local politicians shit on them and couldnt build them a stadium. Would I care if they are getting shit on for ticket pricing? In VC its no different than anywhere else and not as bad as the raping we are experiencing in Toronto.

Supporting SSS and shitty ticket pricing are not the same.

Edit: Bobby the clown is a joke and I love that VC will have to deal with his clown ass. Him, Darth Petty, Assalami and the Making Losing $eem Easy circus get along famously Im sure.

jabbronies
12-02-2010, 11:59 AM

That was the scarey bit coming out of the supporters summit.

Seeing how bad things are and can be around the league, it was eye opening on that front.

I hate to put this in the public area cos I know MLSE FO lurk on this thing, but speaking to several other supporters groups at the summit, MLSE is doing a decent job at communicating with the supporters.

They are by no means perfect and can still improve, but we should be somewhat grateful we are not dealing with douchbags like VanCity or Chivas.

Fort York Redcoat
12-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Supporters unite. We all have a common "partner" in our FO's we have to deal with.

They can point at us as comparison.
I can point at Montreals terracing.
It don't mean I like em in the stands.

Roogsy
12-02-2010, 12:14 PM
They are by no means perfect and can still improve, but we should be somewhat grateful we are not dealing with douchbags like VanCity or Chivas.

MLSE was heading down the same road as Vancouver though. Don't you remember the words coming out of Paul and Tom's mouths until they realized they had pissed off half the stadium? That should not be forgotten. They didn't take a step back from their disloyalty out of the goodness of their hearts.

HOWEVER...

They should receive kudos for in the end coming through with a sufficient gesture to indicate that going forward there is hope that we can continue being partners. They stepped up and seem to want to continue making an effort in this regard. Unfortunately, there has been damage done to the trust. But when compared to other teams in the league, obviously that damage pales in comparison to the complete douchebaggery of some teams in the league towards even their most devoted fans.

trane
12-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Lets waite and see how their team dose on the pitch before we laugh. That is were it counts, at least for those who care about football. They could be asshole but they put a winning club on the pitch and I would not give two shits.

THA BUTCHA
12-02-2010, 04:39 PM
Bah. Sitting behind the net are shit seats anyway..

Their supporters section should be the cheap seats. Where ever they may be. It's not really important

I envy dc united supporters their supporters sections are right at mid-field

Roogsy
12-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Bah. Sitting behind the net are shit seats anyway..

Their supporters section should be the cheap seats. Where ever they may be. It's not really important

I envy dc united supporters their supporters sections are right at mid-field

Exactly. What they should do is just buy the cheap seats even if the team designates the seats behind the net as "supporters" seats and prices them higher. Teach them a lesson instead of whining alone.

Red Rat
12-02-2010, 05:04 PM
this is why MLS will never succeed fucking greed and nothing more. While the rest of the football world is worry to balance the budget they just care how much money they can get from very little possible. This will kill the sport, we are all being raped and keep coming back for more, wether is MLSE, Rogers or Bob Lenarduche

rr

eustacchio
12-02-2010, 05:14 PM
That response caught me off gaurd and I have no vested interest in the Whitecaps

Cashcleaner
12-02-2010, 05:23 PM
Exactly. What they should do is just buy the cheap seats even if the team designates the seats behind the net as "supporters" seats and prices them higher. Teach them a lesson instead of whining alone.

To be honest, I'm really surprised that's not what happened. I would imagine quite a few Southsiders are giving up on seats behind the goal altogether, but the group en-mass could have simply moved to cheaper seats and the matter would have solved itself.

rocker
12-02-2010, 05:33 PM
i think I'd prefer sitting in the corner anyways. they have filled in corners in that stadium, so that should give a nice angle, rather than being directly behind the goal. LA riot squad supporters don't seem to mind the corner at HDC.

JonO
12-02-2010, 05:35 PM
That response caught me off gaurd and I have no vested interest in the Whitecaps
I agree. It was a fairly well drafted and thought out letter. The response should have been better...

AL-MO
12-02-2010, 05:45 PM

The Southsiders have been outspoken about their hate for us. In any other case I'd support them. In this case, they can all go fuck themselves.

Roogsy
12-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Preach on Bruva Hulk...

Azerban
12-02-2010, 06:03 PM

That is exactly what a large portion of them are doing. Unfortunately, the supporters section is the only spot where you are 'allowed' to stand and swear! Come on, gotta be family friendly, guys!

Cashcleaner
12-02-2010, 06:39 PM
^ I doubt the club would throw out 100+ people at once for standing and swearing. All they need to do is show a little solidarity and it will become a non-issue.

THA BUTCHA
12-02-2010, 06:39 PM
If their so called supporters group is organized enuff.

It doesn't matter where they are. You can't kick out 190 supporters at once.
If they are not Pussy's and stick to there guns the wont touch them.

Trust me..

TFCRegina
12-02-2010, 07:04 PM
The Southsiders have been outspoken about their hate for us. In any other case I'd support them. In this case, they can all go fuck themselves.

Plus One.

TFCRegina
12-02-2010, 07:05 PM
^ I doubt the club would throw out 100+ people at once for standing and swearing. All they need to do is show a little solidarity and it will become a non-issue.

They'd start a riot with their own supporters. And it'd be ugly.

Alternatively, they could do nothing and then just deny them entry at future games.

rocker
12-02-2010, 07:06 PM
didn't they call us plastic fans?

TFCRegina
12-02-2010, 07:14 PM
didn't they call us plastic fans?

What we should do is find the price of the tickets behind the goal and put that number like

$6xx

On a banner for next year when we play them.

scooter
12-02-2010, 08:39 PM
this is very interesting
so a supporters section is a value added bonus
certain scalpers will buy the tickets and market them to soccer moms and dads
or folks will buy them to be in a supporters section and then toss beers and shite
all the more reason for us to unite and keep on pushing our front office for our own section

TOBOR !
12-02-2010, 08:44 PM
I don't know what the big deal is... buy the cheaper seats and support from the corner.

Cashcleaner
12-02-2010, 08:53 PM
^ I think the Southsiders need to gain some perspective, here.

The seats aren't what make a Supporters Section, it's the people who occupy them. If the cheap seats at BMO Field ended up being up in the East Stand or corners or whatever, that's probably where we would end up instead of 112, 113, etc. and not much would really change.

billyfly
12-02-2010, 09:06 PM
You guys know me. I'm partisan. Other supporters can sux it.

TFCRegina
12-02-2010, 09:21 PM
I think it has to do with the fact they've always been behind the net and they're called the southsiders. :P

greatwhitenorf
12-02-2010, 10:35 PM
If their so called supporters group is organized enuff.

It doesn't matter where they are. You can't kick out 190 supporters at once.
If they are not Pussy's and stick to there guns the wont touch them.

Trust me..

They are. They make Christian Miles look like Chuck Norris.

I saw them at Swangard - dolls, stick-on tattoos, their moms lined up in vans outside the gate. Big Bang Theory does soccer.

Bobbarduzzi could crush them with a harsh glance.

rocker
12-02-2010, 10:44 PM
I think it has to do with the fact they've always been behind the net and they're called the southsiders. :P

they should talk to the NORTH END ELITE about being in a corner ;)

technically those guys are the Northwestsiders.

TOBOR !
12-03-2010, 07:53 AM

in essence, yes. In some parts of the world the corner (curva) is where the most vehement support for a club comes from. Here, and elsewhere, it's behind the goal. This is an accepted truth and let's face it, by doing what they have, Vancouver are attempting to cash in on this phenomenon.

I think what we have here is a case of both VWFC FO and the Southsiders putting the cart before the horse with respect to the success of the club and also the relationship between the supporters and said club.

Admittedly there is a history between the two groups, but Bo'Len'zi appears interested in divesting the club from it, to begin anew : reinvent the club, move onward and upward, shake off the hangers-on. Which leaves the Southsiders feeling a little jilted... like Justin Bieber's ex-girlfriend... left to buy copies of Teen Beat and go to his concerts, but never again to sit beside him on the couch watching re-runs of 'Suite Life on Deck with Zack and Cody'.

Brooker
12-03-2010, 08:08 AM
..........Which leaves the Southsiders feeling a little jilted... like Justin Bieber's ex-girlfriend... left to buy copies of Teen Beat and go to his concerts, but never again to sit beside him on the couch watching re-runs of 'Suite Life on Deck with Zack and Cody'.

bwahahahahaha