PDA

View Full Version : .:December: MLS offseason superduperthread::.

__wowza
12-01-2010, 11:50 AM
"thread will be irrelevant in 5 hours"
- azerban (about my november thread)

making up a main page for offseason roster updates, trades, pick-ups and what not, i'll keep the first post updated as much as i can so you have an instant resource. if you're posting updates and discussion try to avoid rumours, speculation, and anything from MLSR (as they're shite) unless it's been confirmed. let me know if i missed anything.

(3.12.10) COLUMBUS Jason Garey to HOUSTON for a fourth round draft pick
(3.12.10) TORONTO decides not to extend contract of Nick Garcia future negotiations with Sanyang/Ibrahim TBA
(1.12.10) COLORADO signs Marvell Wynne to a new multi-year contract
(1.12.10) SALT LAKE sign Alvaro Saborio to a new DP contract
(1.12.10) SEATTLE sign Freddy Montero to a new DP contract

NOVEMBER MOVES

(30.11.10) TORONTO TRADE Joseph Nane to COLORADO for a third round draft pick in 2012
(25.11.10) VANCOUVER TRADE Sanna Nyassi to COLORADO for an international roster slot
(25.11.10) SAN JOSE decline options on Geovanni
(25.11.10) CHICAGO waives Collins John
(25.11.10) SALT LAKE waives Alex Nimo
(25.11.10) VANCOUVER trade Alan Gordon and Alejandro Moreno to CHIVAS for allocation money and an international roster slot
(25.11.10) PORTLAND Arturo Alvarez to SALT LAKE for 2nd round draft pick
(25.11.10) PORTLAND Anthony Wallace to COLORADO for allocation money
(25.11.10) VANCOUVER Nathan Sturgis to TORONTO for 1st (8th overall) draft pick
(24.11.10) TORONTO waives Gala/Saric/Usanov/Hscanovics/Mista
(24.11.10) VANCOUVER O'Brain White to SEATTLE for allocation money
(24.11.10) PORTLAND Dax McCarty to DC for Rodney Wallace and a fourth-round draft pick

(EXPANSION DRAFT overview)

PORTLAND TIMBERS
D Dax McCarty (from dallas) to DC for Rodney Wallace and a fourth-round draft pick (24.11.10)
D Eric Brunner (from columbus)
M Adam Moffat (from columbus)
D Anthony Wallace (from colorado) to COLORADO for allocation money(25.11.10)
D David Horst (from salt lake)
F Robbie Findley (from salt lake)
M Peter Lowry (from chicago)
D Jonathan Bornstein (from chivas)
D Jordan Graye (from DC)

M Arturo Alvarez (from san jose) to SALT LAKE for 2nd round draft pick(25.11.10)

VANCOUVER WHITECAPS FC
M Sanna Nyassi (from seattle) to COLORADO for an international roster slot (25.11.10)
F Atiba Harris (from dallas)
D Nathan Sturgis (from seattle) to TORONTO for 1st (8th overall) draft pick (24.11.10)
M Shea Salinas (from philly)
F Alan Gordon (from chivas) to CHIVAS for allocation money and an international roster slot (25.11.10)
F O'Brian White (from toronto)
F Alejandro Moreno (from philly) to CHIVAS for allocation money and an international roster slot (25.11.10)
G Joe Cannon (from san jose)
D Jonathan Leathers (from kansas)
M John Thorrington (from chicago)

__wowza
12-03-2010, 10:25 AM
updated

TOBOR !
12-03-2010, 10:58 AM
nice work - can you update the player movement after the superdraft beside the actual slot in the draft so we can tell what the two teams are currently sitting with ?

VANCOUVER WHITECAPS FC
M Sanna Nyassi (from seattle) to COLORADO for an international roster slot (25.11.10)

__wowza
12-03-2010, 04:35 PM
^ not too sure i understand, but if it helps keep things organized, yes. explain again?
EDIT: nevermind i get it now. check out the expansion draft info. is that what you meant?

pekduck
12-03-2010, 04:49 PM
nice work - can you update the player movement after the superdraft beside the actual slot in the draft so we can tell what the two teams are currently sitting with ?

VANCOUVER WHITECAPS FC

^ not too sure i understand, but if it helps keep things organized, yes. explain again?

stay up to date with transactions,

Vancouver picked Nyassi was captured at expansion draft and noted
VANCOUVER WHITECAPS FC
M Sanna Nyassi (from seattle)

now copy what tobor had into your first post since he's traded

__wowza
12-03-2010, 04:56 PM
stay up to date with transactions,

Vancouver picked Nyassi was captured at expansion draft and noted
VANCOUVER WHITECAPS FC
M Sanna Nyassi (from seattle)

now copy what tobor had into your first post since he's traded

that update was already noted. i think what he's asking is to put it under the expansion draft info so we can see what they've done with expansion draft decisions (ex: who they got for their superdraft trade by trading away nyassi).

pekduck
12-03-2010, 04:58 PM
that update was already noted. i think what he's asking is to put it under the expansion draft info so we can see what they've done with expansion draft decisions (ex: who they got for their superdraft trade by trading away nyassi).

hmmmmmmm........

that could also be possible...

okay, 2 different interpretation already :D

TOBOR !
12-06-2010, 01:15 PM
Wowza - yes - by George, I think you've got it !

Sorry ffor the confusion and suggesting and disappearing like that, but you managed to sort it out nicely.

__wowza
12-06-2010, 02:29 PM
hahaha, no worries. thought that's what you meant.
not too sure if this is the spot i should be asking this in, but would a mod be able to sticky this (if they think it deserves it that is). every time i update the first post it stays in the same place on the forum without getting bumped.

Yohan
12-13-2010, 08:18 PM
Philadelphia Union signs veteran Columbian keeper Farid Mondragon from FC Cologne.

Portland signs former Arsenal youth team defender Kerrea Gilbert

Nuvinho
12-16-2010, 09:48 AM
All the offseason moves to date:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/mls-offseason-transactions-dec-15-2010

Yohan
12-16-2010, 10:31 AM
interesting. SJ declined option on Geovanni...

Smokecell
12-17-2010, 03:37 PM
To Portland: Troy Perkins

To D.C United: Steve Cronin & Allocation Money

http://www.portlandmls2011.com/news/2010/12/timbers-acquire-troy-perkins-dc-united

Yohan
12-23-2010, 11:21 AM
US international and former RSL striker Robbie Findley signs with Nottingham Forest

BeerBaron95
12-23-2010, 11:46 AM
US international and former RSL striker Robbie Findley signs with Nottingham Forest

ummmm, the point of this? I get he played in MLS but lets stick to players that stay here or come here.. not the other way around

Carry on

Yohan
12-23-2010, 07:03 PM
ummmm, the point of this? I get he played in MLS but lets stick to players that stay here or come here.. not the other way around

Carry on
because it represents a significant change in an another MLS team, like a star striker leaving. i think it's important :p

Yohan
12-31-2010, 01:24 AM
Columbus Crew signs 30 yr old Chilean right back Sebastian Miranda

Edson Buddle returns to US after trial at Birmingham. Sheffield Wednesday reported interested with couple of EPL teams keeping tabs on Buddle. However, he may renew his contract with LA Galaxy