PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Wednesday,Dec.01

denime
12-01-2010, 06:14 AM
Mornin'

TFC trades Nane for draft pick (http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/article/899440--tfc-trades-nane-for-draft-pick)

Recognition For Reds (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/11/recognition-reds)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

CoachGT
12-01-2010, 06:50 AM
It seems to me that Toronto has cornered the market on third and fourth round picks this year.

Batman
12-01-2010, 07:38 AM
It seems to me that Toronto has cornered the market on third and fourth round picks this year.

Maybe working towards Reserve Team World Cup domination! :canada:

scooter
12-01-2010, 08:49 AM
mornin d

domination huuummm

[NBF]
12-01-2010, 09:06 AM
SSG: Hottie:yum::hump:

NANE JOSEPH
VS
3RD ROUND PICK
..... IN 2012

NANE JOSEPH- He didn't impress me very much, and his technical skill was very marginal. I was hoping for someone who showed promise to be something more, but he just seemed very hesitant and unbalanced and throughout the season I didn't see much change. I wish him well and for his size alone I think we might miss him.

3RD ROUND PICK IN 2012- There have been a few gems in the 3rd round and through the years from 2007-2010 when TFC has been in the league, but the league has grown since 2007 and those gems that were there in 2007 in the 3rd round are getting picked up in the 2nd round. So really what we got in return for Joseph has been nothing but an empty pick if we cannot get at least someone with the physical strengths and average technical skill.

RECOGNITION FOR REDS: .....A bit of a stretch. Toronto FC spin machine trying to spin the lack of choices for Canadian Player of The Year so that it seems like progress is being made with the team.

Atiba Hutchinson is my man of the year cosidering he worked his ass off to land a contract with PSV Eindhoven..... Bravo:canada:

Keystone FC
12-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Mornin'
TFC trades Nane for draft pick (http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/article/899440--tfc-trades-nane-for-draft-pick)

From now on whenever I hear of a trade or signing I wonder if it has been suggested by Klinsman.

razor787
12-01-2010, 12:20 PM
I would imagine, that wether its suggested by klinsman or not he probally reviews all transactions and releases before they happen. It doesnt make sense for contracts to be negotiated, when he wants to take the club in a different direction.

mastermixer
12-01-2010, 12:25 PM
From now on whenever I hear of a trade or signing I wonder if it has been suggested by Klinsman.

These are the type of moves that Earl Cochrane is suited for... and if we do eventually get a big name GM on board that Earl continues alongside whoever it is.

Shway
12-01-2010, 01:23 PM
the continuing scenario of TFC releasing players, with none to replace.
Regardless of the time.

Look at Vancouver for example, they still have they players from there D2 squad, but want to compare them to their new squad, or new players that they might bring in......

Season 5 looks like it will be a mess!!!

razor787
12-01-2010, 01:27 PM
the continuing scenario of TFC releasing players, with none to replace.
Regardless of the time.

Look at Vancouver for example, they still have they players from there D2 squad, but want to compare them to their new squad, or new players that they might bring in......

Season 5 looks like it will be a mess!!!

There is plenty of time to sign players. The ones that we have gotten rid of so far were players that just dont cut it. With Klinsman advising the club, we wont be a complete shit show.

Shway
12-01-2010, 02:14 PM
There is plenty of time to sign players. The ones that we have gotten rid of so far were players that just dont cut it. With Klinsman advising the club, we wont be a complete shit show.

i wish i had the same faith in klinsman as the rest....

dont be surprised if Whitecaps do better than us this year.

razor787
12-01-2010, 02:21 PM
i wish i had the same faith in klinsman as the rest....

dont be surprised if Whitecaps do better than us this year.

Nobody expects us to be an amazing team, but we will be capable. Its a rebuilding phase (again, or still?)

Vancouver very well could be a better team. But I think that with a good coach/GM we will be a playoff team this year.