Nuvinho
11-30-2010, 03:05 PM
for a 3rd round pick.

tfc2007
Meh. Whatever.

Roogsy
He knew he was on his way out. Nice guy. Wish him the best.

Ageroo
11-30-2010, 03:06 PM
phew....I misread this for a second and thought it was Nana!

Nuvinho
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/11/nane-traded-rapids

3rd round pick in 2012

tfc2007
.... 2012 pick.

Nuvinho
11-30-2010, 03:07 PM
didn't we pick him in the 4th round? TFC WINS this deal then ;)

Ossington Mental Youth
11-30-2010, 03:13 PM
no biggy, bet he gets dropped

Wagner
11-30-2010, 03:13 PM
didn't we pick him in the 4th round? TFC WINS this deal then ;)

Nane, 22, was selected by Toronto FC from Old Dominion University in the fourth round of the 2010 MLS SuperDraft, 53rd overall. He made 11 league appearances in his rookie season, starting eight matches.

you are correct.

Oldtimer
11-30-2010, 03:15 PM
This explains why he was protected.

Pachuco
11-30-2010, 03:17 PM
Oh well. Not like we are going to hit gold with a 3rd round pick in the MLS.

MartinUtd
11-30-2010, 03:20 PM

We could still improve on Nane though!

ag futbol
11-30-2010, 03:20 PM
No but it will probably be 50% better than Nane

ArmenJBX
11-30-2010, 03:21 PM
Good fucking riddance.

Wooster_TFC
11-30-2010, 03:24 PM

Ummm, he wasn't protected...

Wull
11-30-2010, 03:25 PM
better player than half of the squad still there but never going to be anything more than a backup. I'd have kept his minuscule salary over the 100k+ we pay peterson for being equally shite

Strikers
11-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Good fucking riddance.

THIS!

mastermixer
11-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Good... clean house.

TFC Part 5 - NEW BLOOD

:scarf:

Sweeper
11-30-2010, 03:41 PM
This news made my day. I absolutely cringed when this guy was on the field. It will be good to have the reserve team back so we don't have to develop players during important games. Putting this guy in the midfield to replace JDG solidified the fact that Mo and Preki had absolutely no idea what they were doing.

TFC07
11-30-2010, 03:48 PM
Good... clean house.

TFC Part 5 - NEW BLOOD

:scarf:

I hope they get it right this time around.

Darlofletch
11-30-2010, 04:02 PM
Meh. Whatever.
pretty much sums up my thoughts. won't even do my usual complaint that it's earl making the decisions still, I'm comfortable with him making the call on this one.

ensco
11-30-2010, 04:30 PM

More FO incompetence. Should have exposed Nane and protected, and then traded, OBW. We'd have received a useful allocation, instead of a useless draft pick.

This just highlights how bad the Sturgis deal is, too. Unless you believe that, in a salary cap league, guys we protect are worth 3rd rounders in 2012, but there is a guy other people didn't protect that is worth a mid 1st rounder this year.

Azerban
11-30-2010, 04:40 PM
i would've taken nothing, this surpasses my expectations by roughly infinite percent

Azerban
11-30-2010, 04:42 PM
More FO incompetence. Should have exposed Nane and protected, and then traded, OBW. We'd have received a useful allocation, instead of a useless draft pick.

This just highlights how bad the Sturgis deal is, too. Unless you believe that, in a salary cap league, guys we protect are worth 3rd rounders in 2012, but there is a guy other people didn't protect that is worth a mid 1st rounder this year.

except he wasn't protected

Chad Barrett
Julian de Guzman
Gabe Gala
Nick Garcia
Raivis Hscanovics
Fuad Ibrahim
Milos Kocic
Mista
Joseph Nane
Amadou Sanyang
Martin Saric
Maxim Usanov
O’Brian White

Beach_Red
11-30-2010, 04:43 PM
phew....I misread this for a second and thought it was Nana!

Shouldn't we be hearing something about a new contract for him sometime? And for Cann?

DangerRed
11-30-2010, 04:46 PM
"And the legend of the purge was way HARDCORREEE!!!"

http://www.gearfuse.com/wp-content/uploads/andrew/5_apr07/Jack_Black_School_of_Rock.jpg

Jeffro
11-30-2010, 04:49 PM
Good fucking riddance.

THIS!

What is with this attitude? Was he the best player ever? No. But he was a good guy, worked hard, we got him for nothing and payed him nothing. Did he fuck your girlfriend while he was here?

prizby
11-30-2010, 04:58 PM
Crapids get a crap player

never was a fan of his, wish him all the best, good luck

rocker
11-30-2010, 05:09 PM
Nane wasn't much really. a hacker of a player... not good on the ball. Good size, tough, but that was pretty much it. Could be quite awkward at times.

Seemed to have moments of complete ineptness, and then he'd have moments where he'd actually do something good... but the good moments were fleeting. 23 years old? I don't know if he has much upside.

So Preki's brother's guy is gone....

fdasilva
11-30-2010, 05:11 PM
Can they use this 3rd rounder as trade bait?

TFCRegina
11-30-2010, 05:33 PM
We're trading up. Suckers.

It's like trading a bag of soccer balls for a bag of magic spray!

TFC07
11-30-2010, 05:34 PM
The only reason why he was picked by TFC last year because Perki wanted him since Perki's brother is Nane's agent.

Strikers
11-30-2010, 05:44 PM
What is with this attitude? Was he the best player ever? No. But he was a good guy, worked hard, we got him for nothing and payed him nothing. Did he fuck your girlfriend while he was here?

I not saying he did not work hard or is not a good guy, but his on field perfomances were terrible and inspite his horrible play in most games Mo & Preki traded away Sam Cronin who proved his worth the season before.

TFCRegina
11-30-2010, 05:45 PM
The only reason why he was picked by TFC last year because Perki wanted him since Perki's brother is Nane's agent.

Yep, because he blew.

TFCRegina
11-30-2010, 05:46 PM

Nothing is wrong with this attitude.

Working hard only gets you so far. If you had your way, we'd have a team of Joseph Nanes and Dan Gargans. And MLSE would have also moved this team to the CSL because that's how far down we'd have to go to even have a shot at competing for ANY championships at all.

Nuvinho
11-30-2010, 06:06 PM
I think LaBrocca is the next to go. He didn't play as much under Daso.

ensco
11-30-2010, 06:21 PM
except he wasn't protected

Chad Barrett
Julian de Guzman
Gabe Gala
Nick Garcia
Raivis Hscanovics
Fuad Ibrahim
Milos Kocic
Mista
Joseph Nane
Amadou Sanyang
Martin Saric
Maxim Usanov
O’Brian White

umm....oops

prizby
11-30-2010, 06:22 PM
thats why he was protected...

TFCRegina
11-30-2010, 06:26 PM
Chad Barrett
Julian de Guzman
Nick Garcia
Fuad Ibrahim
Milos Kocic
Amadou Sanyang

Of the unprotected old guard left.

BS1327
11-30-2010, 06:29 PM
I'm pretty sure we own the third round of next years draft, so we must be getting started on 2012.

I remember we got a 3rd rounder for Serioux, and there was like 2 or 3 more too!

[NBF]
11-30-2010, 06:37 PM
Pachuco: Oh well. Not like we are going to hit gold with a 3rd round pick in the MLS.

2007- 3rd Rounders

Colorado Crapids- Omar Cummings
Colorado Crapids- Nick LeBrocca
NYRB- Sinisa Ubiparipovic

2008- 3rd Rounders

Columbus Shit Crew- Ryan Miller
NYRB- Luke Sassano
Chicago Fire- Stephen King
Houston Dynamo- Geoff Cameron

2009- 3rd Rounders:

Toronto FC- MikeGrella:)
N.E. Revolution- Darrius Barnes
Houston Dynamo- Danny Cruz

2010- 3rd Rounders:

FC Dallas- Eric Alexander
Chicago Fire- Steven Kinney
Chivas USA- Ben Zemanski
Philadelphia Union- Kyle Nakazawa

These guys arent great but they have been playing regular football in MLS.

trane
11-30-2010, 06:49 PM

I never understand that either. Sure if the dude was an ass, but otherwise why the anger.

Plus it is no like we have any close to perfect players. Almost any player can be critizised. Nane made mistakes, had his moments, but overall at 23 not much upside. I liked his size for a DM, but clearly he was no Senna or Gattuso in their prime.

Stryker
11-30-2010, 06:52 PM
Chad Barrett
Julian de Guzman
Nick Garcia
Fuad Ibrahim
Milos Kocic
Amadou Sanyang

Of the unprotected old guard left.
Next will be Ibby and Sanyang. Garcia will be the last when his contract expires and I for one will be counting down the days like a child with a Christmas calendar filled with chocolates.

rocker
11-30-2010, 08:17 PM
Garcia will be the last when his contract expires and I for one will be counting down the days like a child with a Christmas calendar filled with chocolates.

hahaha. this made me laugh out loud. :)

Ossington Mental Youth
11-30-2010, 08:59 PM
Next will be Ibby and Sanyang. Garcia will be the last when his contract expires and I for one will be counting down the days like a child with a Christmas calendar filled with chocolates.

i bet ibby and sanyang get one more year (ibby at lower pay) as theres a reserve league, and Garcia will stick around if he decides to take a paycut

ArmenJBX
11-30-2010, 09:01 PM
Garcia is a leader in the locker room, hope he doesn't get playing time but he'd be good for locker room moral and bringing the new group together.

Nuvinho
11-30-2010, 09:11 PM
Sanyang's concussion has been kept hush hush for awhile. It could be the reason why they didn't protect him over Gomez. I think something is up with him.

Roogsy
11-30-2010, 09:19 PM

QFT.

He cost us nothing and we're not getting much back. Where's the damage here that we'd need to be upset about?

Ron Manager
11-30-2010, 09:22 PM
Glad to see Nane go. My least fav player by far. I accept he was "a nice guy" but that is not really the qualification I am looking for in players for TFC. Useless on the ball, prone to serious mental lapses. Worked hard, I'll give him that, but an overall liability who is now someone else's headache. Move on.

AL-MO
11-30-2010, 09:25 PM

Jeez...that shouldn't matter at all.

(nothing against you...your point is factual, I just don't think Daso should be the next coach of TFC)

jloome
11-30-2010, 09:48 PM
Nane was like an older version of Sanyang, minus four years of professional development.

Nuvinho
11-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Jeez...that shouldn't matter at all.

(nothing against you...your point is factual, I just don't think Daso should be the next coach of TFC)

Its also the trading for Nathan Sturgis. Sturgis likes playing in the middle, so if he is there along with JDG. With DeRo more of an attacking midfielder, LaBrocca would have to be pushed out wide (not something he liked). That's why I think that LaBrocca becomes expendible.

Juanito
11-30-2010, 10:12 PM
We need to improve, if we can do better, so be it. Good luck Nane.

ag futbol
11-30-2010, 10:24 PM
QFT.

He cost us nothing and we're not getting much back. Where's the damage here that we'd need to be upset about?
Roogsy, from a practical point of view I understand this. But as a matter of principle, he's everything that's wrong with North American football rolled up into one package of crap.

He epitomizes an over-valuation of athleticism and ignorance of practically every skill, ability or thought process that could potentially make someone good at the sport. We might as well have signed Air Bud to run around the field because he has about the same skill with a soccer ball and comprehension of the sport that Nane does.

Sprinkle on top the speculation that he's basically here through some favorable connections and you have someone who isn't talented or deserving of a roster spot on the team.

Good riddance.

rocker
11-30-2010, 10:31 PM
Nane was like an older version of Sanyang, minus four years of professional development.

ya at least Sanyang has youth. he's got time on his side to correct his mistakes.

but for a 23 year old to still be that unpolished.... and he's 24 before the start of next season... ouch.

nimamalek
11-30-2010, 11:38 PM
we're going to regret this one, the guy was a good young player with great passing ability. He was very calm on the ball for a rookie. The games he played in that defensive midfield role he spread the ball out well, way better then JDG

TFCRegina
11-30-2010, 11:53 PM
Roogsy, from a practical point of view I understand this. But as a matter of principle, he's everything that's wrong with North American football rolled up into one package of crap.

He epitomizes an over-valuation of athleticism and ignorance of practically every skill, ability or thought process that could potentially make someone good at the sport. We might as well have signed Air Bud to run around the field because he has about the same skill with a soccer ball and comprehension of the sport that Nane does.

Sprinkle on top the speculation that he's basically here through some favorable connections and you have someone who isn't talented or deserving of a roster spot on the team.

Good riddance.

We'd be guaranteed a victory with Air Bud though...

IBdSJ5uxvko

Shway
12-01-2010, 12:40 AM
Garcia is a leader in the locker room, hope he doesn't get playing time but he'd be good for locker room moral and bringing the new group together.

how do you know this?

ive started to think your nick garcia on this board

rocker
12-01-2010, 12:47 AM
how do you know this?

ive started to think your nick garcia on this board

JimmyBaldX is Jacob Peterson ;)

TFCRegina
12-01-2010, 12:50 AM
JimmyBaldX is Jacob Peterson ;)

I thought he was the mythical Dwayne De Guzman who appeared in a newspaper photograph earlier this year.