PDA

View Full Version : MLS Rumors-Speedy Mifsud to Chicago

superstar1976
11-29-2010, 12:20 AM
actually, Chicago is interested in signing him, but with the large maltese population in Toronto (relatively speaking for Maltese abroad, lol), I'm surprised he hasn't approached the club. Anyways, we'll see if this rumour comes true. He is a speedy striker that can score, and I think would be a good fit in this league.

http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sports/article_external/report_maltas_national_team_captain_michael_mifsud _to_chicago_fire/3623687

prizby
11-29-2010, 02:54 AM
mls rumours...as reliable as me saying i have slept with _____ (<-- name famous hot actress)

razor787
11-29-2010, 03:08 AM
You mean you havent?

London
11-29-2010, 07:33 AM
rumours are not news and hoping something happens is even less news worthy

Chevy
11-29-2010, 08:28 AM
mls rumours...as reliable as me saying i have slept with _____ (<-- name famous hot actress)

Jessica Alba? That's my choice.

Pachuco
11-29-2010, 09:53 AM
What the heck does this article have to do with Toronto FC? This thread is worst then a tabloid.

Lucky Strike
11-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Mifsud is not really the kind of player you want in MLS anyway. He's too small to work in a physical league like MLS. Plus, because the league isn't so skilled, physical attributes are highly regarded (ex. Marvell Wynne). Therefore, the impact that Mifsud's speed would have would be minimized.

Finally, he was with Barnsley (a team I follow) a little while back and did very little.

In summary: pass.

jloome
11-29-2010, 12:07 PM
Also, perenially overpaid.

TOBOR !
11-29-2010, 02:16 PM
...He is a speedy striker that can score...

I'm impressed that he's been able to live up to his sobriquet. Imagine the pressure he must've felt as a young lad.

Heathen
11-29-2010, 04:46 PM

Kathy Bates?

ag futbol
11-29-2010, 08:21 PM
Mifsud is not really the kind of player you want in MLS anyway. He's too small to work in a physical league like MLS. Plus, because the league isn't so skilled, physical attributes are highly regarded (ex. Marvell Wynne). Therefore, the impact that Mifsud's speed would have would be minimized.

Finally, he was with Barnsley (a team I follow) a little while back and did very little.

David Ferreira isn't exactly a giant either.

You can be small in this league but you better be compensating heavily in some other areas.

Smokecell
11-29-2010, 08:29 PM

He wasn't meant for Barnsley, he was only brought in to entice the signing of Bogdanovic, their real target and have an all Maltese strike crew. He was good at Coventry (see Carling Cup match where he drows Man Utd with a brace). Mifsud is the real deal he'd score big in MLS.

jazzy
11-29-2010, 08:32 PM
David Ferreira isn't exactly a giant either.

You can be small in this league but you better be compensating heavily in some other areas.

but Ferreira except for his beautiful goal, in the final was overwhelmed by the classic MLS brute strength over skill as per usual in our delightful league...I'm of the belief that you need at least 3 skilled players working with each other to overcome the clutching and grabbing/shouder checks per say......quick passing WITH accurate first touches will overcome speed, and tire the other team out, but thats a lot to ask for yet.