PDA

View Full Version : TFC's Unprotected List...

CommradePolski
11-23-2010, 12:10 PM
Here is TFC's Unprotected list:

Chad Barrett
Julian de Guzman
Gabe Gala
Nick Garcia
Raivis Hscanovics
Fuad Ibrahim
Milos Kocic
Mista
Joseph Nane
Amadou Sanyang
Martin Saric
Maxim Usanov
O’Brian White

Sorry if its a double post.

CommradePolski
11-23-2010, 12:10 PM
My bad mods can close/delete this thread, shouldve looked at Today's News thread...

Roogsy
11-23-2010, 12:16 PM
Hmmm...is there a thread specifically dedicated to the unprotected list? If not, maybe this could be it. I would say it's important enough to have it's own thread.

So if this is the unprotected list, what is the protected list? I'd have to say DeRo still being protected speaks volumes. If they think there is danger of being picked up even at his salary, doesn't that speak volumes to people here who say otherwise?

__wowza
11-23-2010, 12:34 PM
it's up under the expansion news thread i started up, im editing the first post to keep up with incoming info.

CommradePolski
11-23-2010, 12:35 PM
Dero has been the top scorer for the team since he's been here. Since Fuad and OBW are on the unprotected list along with Barrett, they probably see Maicon becoming our go to striker. Dero will probably still play in an offensive midfield role and try setting up Maicon and Maicon can either score or wait for Dero to run up and pass to him.

The signing of Ent also helps since he's a winger and will probably play the wing between Dero and Maicon.

Keeping Frei is also a HUGE plus. He saved us many a time and I hope to continue seeing his amazing saves. Hopefully we can bring the amount of shots he faces down a bit if we get a better defender or 3.

Pookie
11-23-2010, 12:36 PM
^ what will speak volumes is whether he is here in 2011 on opening day.

Protecting him means he is considered an asset. Either to us in the line up or to us as a tradeable player.

Last year we protected Attakora, Brennan, Cronin, de Guzman, DeRosario, Gomez, Sanyang, Serioux, White and Wynne.

Cronin, Wynne and Serioux all got dealt and Brennan retired.

Roogsy
11-23-2010, 12:42 PM
^ what will speak volumes is whether he is here in 2011 on opening day.

Protecting him means he is considered an asset. Either to us in the line up or to us as a tradeable player.

Last year we protected Attakora, Brennan, Cronin, de Guzman, DeRosario, Gomez, Sanyang, Serioux, White and Wynne.

Cronin, Wynne and Serioux all got dealt and Brennan retired.

And Cronin and Wynne went on to have success in the playoffs, including Wynne winning his first MLS Cup. And from all those players traded or retired, what do we have to show for it?

Pookie
11-23-2010, 12:44 PM
^ What's your point?

Roogsy
11-23-2010, 12:47 PM
I don't view our trading history as an accurate measure of our football smarts last year.

Pookie
11-23-2010, 12:52 PM
Fair enough but the point is about whether his being protected "Speaks Volumes."

All it means is that he is considered a potential asset. Either to us or to someone else. It doesn't mean he is the defacto leader going forward and it is impossible to live without him.

He might be back but for the record, my money is him landing on the west coast (Vancouver, SJ or back in Texas).

Oldtimer
11-23-2010, 12:57 PM
Conversation continues here:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=25438