11-21-2010, 11:40 PM
Good for Marvell :)

Oldtimer
11-21-2010, 11:40 PM
lots of video up:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/

Heart of Stone
11-21-2010, 11:41 PM
The MLS championship medals look pretty fucking cheap...

TFC USA
11-21-2010, 11:42 PM
Hahahaha. Cunningham is a fuckin choker and that should've been a goal.

Great game and Ian Darke kicks the shit out of Nigel Reed.

Heart of Stone
11-21-2010, 11:42 PM
Garber is drunk...

Heart of Stone
11-21-2010, 11:44 PM
So any predictions on when Toronto will host another MLS Cup? Maybe 2025...

James17930
11-21-2010, 11:44 PM
Cool shit with the CN Tower.

flatpicker
11-21-2010, 11:45 PM
Garber is drunk...

Me too

mclaren
11-21-2010, 11:49 PM
Turned on the tv for the last part of the second half and wow, so many empty seats in the east stand.

SilverSamurai
11-22-2010, 12:00 AM
Totally forgot about this game.. lol
But OMG the electronic score boards look so nice...
I hope they stay next year.

I thought BMO was going to be emptier to be honest.

mclaren
11-22-2010, 12:04 AM

Ton of negativity towards TFC fans from Twitter and Bigsoccer tonight. Crowd looked bad on tv.

mclaren
11-22-2010, 12:06 AM
check it out: http://twitter.com/#search?q=%23tfc

LesH
11-22-2010, 12:07 AM
Ton of negativity towards TFC fans from Twitter and Bigsoccer tonight. Crowd looked bad on tv.

Who cares?
Fuck Twitter and Bigsoccer!

King Jeff
11-22-2010, 12:08 AM
Just got home... that was lots of fun. The start time was absolutely ridiculous, though.

LVD07
11-22-2010, 12:11 AM
Anyone know the attendance for the match?

TFCWEST
11-22-2010, 12:15 AM
that had to be one of the dullest matches i've ever witnessed. especially the anti-climatic trophy presentation - by the time they got on with it, everyone had left.

Brooker
11-22-2010, 12:15 AM

Oh the irony. Until they can fill their own stadiums I think they should shut the fuck up. Unless they're Seattle..... but even then Seattle can go fuck themselves too. :drinking:

God forbid we don't get the BigSoccer vote. Place is a toilet.

Blowing Bubbles
11-22-2010, 12:18 AM
just got back

that start time was ridic, I am not down with 9pm starts ..... don't know how the Yanks do it for Monday Night Football or US Open tennis.

ag futbol
11-22-2010, 12:21 AM
Who cares?
Fuck Twitter and Bigsoccer!
Agreed. In a final played by two teams who would be jealous of WNBA attendance numbers we're the bad guys?

UltraSuperMegaMo
11-22-2010, 12:21 AM
Super dull game. Start time sucked, I assume it was to accommodate US TV. Oh well, my guest is this is the last MLS CUP TFC will be hosting.

TFC OZZ
11-22-2010, 12:23 AM
I had a fantastic time at the game. Stayed until the end, but I can understand people wanting to go at the end of 90 minutes. It was frigid.

UltraSuperMegaMo
11-22-2010, 12:25 AM
^ I'm glad to hear some people enjoyed the game. It was cold, but definitely bearable. Just hard to get interested in a MLS game without TFC for me. Glad I went though, now for my favourite time of the season, the off season. Just a couple months now till will be googling trialists we've never heard of.

kaos197O
11-22-2010, 12:28 AM
Great night at BMO. True footbal fans showed up and watched the end of the season unfold and supported in style. Had a great night with all my friends and enjoyed the outcome immensely. Props to the Colorado fans with their Canadian flag banner and congrats on the victory. Fuck you FCD. So enjoyed watching you bitches lose on our turf.

King Jeff
11-22-2010, 12:28 AM
This is from Ives' Twitter feed:

Word I'm getting here is some TFC fans did formulate a protest that consisted of them leaving just before or at kickoff. I'll look 2 confirm

WTF? Whose idea was this?

twistedchinaman
11-22-2010, 12:29 AM
6:30pm MST works...for MST. And probably PST.

Doesn't work for everyone else, though.

ilikemusic
11-22-2010, 12:29 AM

Good. Hopefully MLS and MLSE learned their lesson. Theyve treated Toronto fans like shit for years and this was a nice little middle finger that will be more effective than any supporters group protest or negative tifo (which really dont do anything other than prove your devotion to the team, they dont hit MLSE where it counts).

MLS and MLSE have egg on their faces and they only have themselves to blame. It was a perfect shit storm (the over-pricing, the horrible team, the weather, the time of night, the participants), but they brought it on themselves by taking their paying customer for granted.

If we are lucky this leads to a more humble MLSE and an MLS Cup Final played in a non-neutral site; so this embarrassing final should really be a positive in the long run.

I dont know why people seem to be talking about 'protest' though. There was no protest, it was just that people didnt give enough of a fuck to go.

flatpicker
11-22-2010, 12:34 AM
...my guest is this is the last MLS CUP TFC will be hosting.

At least for a long time anyway.
Toronto certainly doesn't deserve another Cup game for many years.

TFCRegina
11-22-2010, 12:35 AM

Yawn. My favourite that I saw was that we're frauds.

Why?

Oh right, we didn't show up to cheer for two teams that nobody gives two shits about.

Like really, 12,000 Rapids fans in the world and 6,000 Dallas fans.

Please, we put more in the seats than those two combined.

billyfly
11-22-2010, 12:37 AM
Just got back. Couldn't give let alone sell my 4 tkts in 112 so used my free given work tkt in 102.

Glad to see shitttttttty soccer is not only played by TFC.

The best part of the night was free deodorant and making fun of the Benfiquista girl giving them out. VIVA SPORTING!

Blowing Bubbles
11-22-2010, 12:37 AM
If we are lucky this leads to a more humble MLSE and an MLS Cup Final played in a non-neutral site; so this embarrassing final should really be a positive in the long run.

I was nodding my head with everything you said until this part.

Guess what - this final has been around for 15 years. And somehow they manage to always sell it out, including some of the old school days of 50,000+ ppl.

Why should it be at a non-neutral site if everyone else can do a good job selling seats?

As far as I'm concerned just don't bring it back here.

Blowing Bubbles
11-22-2010, 12:39 AM

Why?

Oh right, we didn't show up to cheer for two teams that nobody gives two shits about.

Nobody gives two shits about? The thing is, if this final is at any other facility in MLS it's a sellout.

The final always moves tickets - but clearly it's something that this market doesn't really care for. And that's fine, I don't really care if it never comes back around here anyway.

andyc
11-22-2010, 12:41 AM
I dragged my ass down there tonight and had a lot of fun cheering for Marvel!

It wasn't as cold as I expected and there were definitely more people there than I thought.

But the best part of the night for me was seeing Cunningham miss in injury time of extra time! Now I know that bad things don't just happen to TFC and I can look forward happily to next season!

flatpicker

Guess what - this final has been around for 15 years. And somehow they manage to always sell it out, including some of the old school days of 50,000+ ppl.

Why should it be at a non-neutral site if everyone else can do a good job selling seats?

Pretty much.
This was one of the weakest attempts at hosting a Cup final I have seen.
I suppose it might have been different if TFC had qualified for the playoffs.
There should be a rule that you don't get to awarded the Cup Final if you don't reach the post-season.

UltraSuperMegaMo
I think it would be fair to call the game a moderate failure at worst or a unspectacular success at best in terms of the support. I don't live and die by what people post in BS, but there was a time not too long ago when TFC fans used to walk around the net acting like they invented supporting a football team.

I can remember when someone posted that TFC had the best atmosphere of any sports team in North America and was "shouted down" when I suggested such statements were over exaggerations.

Brooker
11-22-2010, 12:42 AM
my guest is this is the last MLS CUP TFC will be hosting.

Does that mean that in 15-20 years when we're finally even considered again, we won't get a fair shake to see 2 random teams play for a trophy at BMO Field ? Can't say that's bad news, really.

ag futbol
11-22-2010, 12:44 AM
Nobody gives two shits about? The thing is, if this final is at any other facility in MLS it's a sellout.

Right.

So if this game is played in Colorado @ 8:30 on a Sunday in less than perfect weather, with basically no SSH's to extort, two neutral teams without star power, and general admission prices that are through the roof it's going to see out? I think not.

We must be watching different leagues because the MLS i watch doesn't nearly have the pull in most markets you suggest it does.

Dub Narcotic
11-22-2010, 12:45 AM
I enjoyed that game more than the awful WC final. Some goals, two teams playing their hearts out, reasonable quality of play. Not a classic, but decent enough.

billyfly
11-22-2010, 12:47 AM
What was up with the some Columbus fans being there?

I chirped everyone of them that I saw.

DangerRed
11-22-2010, 12:47 AM
Went with two of my friends. Had seats in 225 that came with our seasons tickets for next year.

Shortly before the game, Maxim Usanov comes up and sits directly behind us. Then Maicon Santos. Then Ravis Hscanovics. Then Nana. Then Adrian Cann.

I say hello to all, we all watch the game, half time I get up to get beer, come back only to find Chad Barrett was sitting in my seat.

Also present was Jacob Peterson and Ty Harden.

CRAZY experience.

Tons of fun. Cann left pretty early on but the rest of the dudes stuck around until about the 80th minute before departing.

Random.

Also saw Jimmy B by (what used to be) the beer garden during my halftime walkaround. Shook hands and said hello.

The game was hardly remarkable, scrappy and ill-composed technically. The better side did not win.

Blowing Bubbles
11-22-2010, 12:48 AM
^
They managed to sell 20,000+ tickets in Dallas of all places when they hosed back to back years.

Of course being in the east doesn't help with the start time - I was there it sucked sitting around until 9pm to get going.

We'll see how it goes next year (New York?) If they do a shit job at it then maybe they should just pick a permanent site - Los Angeles - and stick it there.

I dunno - on the one hand I don't blame anyone for not wanting to go see that display late on a Sunday for big money, but at thee same time, you guys who make it sound like this thing usually sells 5000 tickets are full of shit - it always sells, regardless of who hosted it.

ilikemusic
11-22-2010, 12:56 AM

The final always moves tickets - but clearly it's something that this market doesn't really care for. And that's fine, I don't really care if it never comes back around here anyway.

Its the same problem as the Bills in Toronto Series.

Their pricing scheme out of the gate was so incredibly out of whack that they destroyed any and all good will people might have otherwise felt towards the product. So now, instead of going to the game if the price is okay, people just said 'I dont even care anymore'. People could have had tickets for next to nothing through craigslist, or the ticket trader, or probably through scalpers but decided otherwise.

The MLS Cup sells out everywhere else because very few owners in professional sport are so full of shit and so ungrateful for their consumers that they keep their ticket prices down. MLSE will tell you, this market is different, and their ticket prices are comparable to other entrainment options in the market. And that is fine. MLSE can charge what they like, but like the Bills in Toronot series has proved, there is only so much Toronto sports fans are willing to take. Eventually we will just say, 'fuck this' and walk away, because as Anselmi is always so eager to point out, theres alot of shit to in this city.

dupont
11-22-2010, 01:04 AM
They managed to sell 20,000+ tickets in Dallas of all places when they hosed back to back years.

I bet that was priced much lower than it was priced here though.

Alonso
11-22-2010, 01:14 AM
At least for a long time anyway.
Toronto certainly doesn't deserve another Cup game for many years.

What this proves is that MLSE doesn't deserve TFC fans, I didn't go for the simple fact that MLSE and by default the league have pissed me off by taking the Toronto STH for granted.

If MLSE didn't force us to buy the ticket I probably would have bought one and shown up, but after being forced to buy many non season games and being taken to the dry cleaners over the years and after being a part of something that I thought was special and having MLSE kill it by not listening to the supporters groups and by being overall greeeedy I want to piss on MLSE and MLS to spite MLSE any opportunity I get.

Juanito
11-22-2010, 01:27 AM
Just came back. It was a fun match. Freaking cold though. I sat in 116 and we were giving "Cunny" a hard time when he was warming up. I have a picture (I think) of him putting his hand to his ear a la Hulk Hogan.

Dallas were twats. Colorado deserved it more.

Mark TFC
11-22-2010, 01:43 AM
Interesting match, glad I was able to witness the first MLS Cup hosted on Canadian soil. Good result for Colorado, I think they deserved it today.

prizby
11-22-2010, 01:45 AM

it was a trial

twistedchinaman
11-22-2010, 02:51 AM

Why?

Frauds eh? I reckon we must've been busy...not caring about these two teams that are lacklustre and probably no one has ever heard of unless you follow MLS closely.

FC Dallas...long may they never win the MLS Cup.

twistedchinaman
11-22-2010, 02:52 AM
it was a trial

It looked as though it was only for one side...am I correct?

Azerban
11-22-2010, 05:11 AM
there is a lot of people talking completely baseless shit, and its not even confined to bigsoccer as this thread shows

every single supporter from every single group sucked our dicks about how we raised the bar for future mls cups and a bunch of knownothings here want to bitch?

it explains a lot, actually

iansmcl
11-22-2010, 05:32 AM
Guys, anyone know where I could find the whole game, either to stream or download?

Jeff s
11-22-2010, 05:32 AM

Fox soccer report has been showing mls classics past few days and um, they were not all full. Just saw the 2003 one in LA, and it wasn't full. In fact the empty seats were more noticable than today, and san jose were in it!

Fuck the other supporters. We make the decision to go. Not them. I don't wanna go watch 2 teams I don't care about.

Also liked the complaints about the atmosphere. Were they expecting BMO to go crazy for 2 random teams?

I was laughing how empty it got at extra time. Just shows this city just wants its tfc, not the other mls clubs.:D

sulfur
11-22-2010, 07:25 AM
Anyone know the attendance for the match?
Announced at 21700 on telly. A sellout.

From talking to friends who are ticket agents, there were less than 200 tickets unsold around kickoff.

ochos
11-22-2010, 07:45 AM
didn't go - I get up for work at 4am. F**k MLSE and f**k Jeff Cunningham. Hope you all had fun.

supersaint
11-22-2010, 08:01 AM
Frauds eh? I reckon we must've been busy...not caring about these two teams that are lacklustre and probably no one has ever heard of unless you follow MLS closely.

FC Dallas...long may they never win the MLS Cup.
Pretty poor game, but as a neutral Dallas were the better side, and showed a bit more flair and scored a cracker of a goal. I was looking forward to the game mainly because I expected it to be a pretty lively contest.
As to the crowd, it goes to show how fragile the support of the game really is here, and it dont mean only the attendance, but also how poor the atmosphere was. Someone asked what the hell were Columbus fans doing there, well I saw NY fans, Philly fans, and some Chicago fans, well cudos to them for loving the game enough to travel to the final. I think both small sets of travelling fans showed class, both in victory and defeat.
McClown and his puppets will be lapping this one up though.
I am surprised at how many TFC fans say they could care less about seeing the MLS final without us in it. I am sure most Raptors fans would still love a chance to see an NBA final game live without the Raptors, same goes for a Toronto hockey fan, if they had a chance to watch a Stanley Cupfinal. Does that mean that as an Argo fan you now dont watch the Grey Cup cos they didnt make it to the final?
I am a big fan of TFC, but also a fan of the game, and if I was in an MLS city on a trip and a game was on, I would probably try and go to the match.
And yeah, I was really considering not renewing my tix this season, but I am giving it one more year.

Kaz
11-22-2010, 08:26 AM
Honestly the crowd wasn't horrible, but prehapes if they didn't have a 9pm start time on a cold sunday evening after the Santa Claus Parade people might have been more inclined to come... honestly if I had known it was 9... not the advertised 8:30 I wouldn't have come... a friend of mine couldn't even get back to Guelph as the GO bus don't run after 11:30 and it wasn't possible to get back to union unless we left after 90 minutes.

I'm just heading off to work and I'm exhausted.. honestly I would have rather just stayed home..

I didn't not enjoy my self but I didn't care.

Worse then anything else... the Fans for Dallas sat half the game, and the Rapids fans barely were audible from 126. The most didicated away fans seem to have been a group of little girls who stood and clapped and chanted "Lets Go Rapids" for nearly the entire second half... to the point that some of the guys from 127 joined in with them.

Anyone know how many actual shots on goal there were? 6.. maybe for both teams?

wzhxvy
11-22-2010, 08:44 AM
Security was in the upper west stand asking if people wanted to move to the East stand. LOL. Deseperate move by the FO to full seats for TV. Paul & Tom, you guys are a joke. The East stand has been an embarrassment all season, but instead of compromising on pricing and making it a supporters section like DC, you dont, and the place looks half empty. Job well done.

Joe Kool
11-22-2010, 08:57 AM
It looked as though it was only for one side...am I correct?

Correct...it stopped just before the nets on either end....looked nice. On the whole though I don't care for it either way so doesn't matter to me if they keep it.

As far as the game goes I had fun. Bought one of the new TFC blankets which came in handy. It was a good time at Joe's before the match and talking to some Dallas supporters. The march over was also fun. The attendance was right where I would have put it with all the crap surrounding MLSE taking us for granted and the bitterness it generated along with the time of the game and the cold weather. I noticed that people were leaving early too in the OT but the main reason that I was hearing in my section why people cleared out was the GO train schedule. I don't take the GO so I have no idea when the last train was running but that is a big factor for mass exodus even in TFC games. Not saying it is a good reason to leave the match...it just is a reason people do. Overall a good time for me though. After hanging with the FCD supporters now I want a reason to go to one more than ever. C'mon TFC...get it done.

rocker
11-22-2010, 09:20 AM
for a 9pm start on a Sunday in the cold, the crowd was good. It looked about 20000 to me at one point in the first half. Predictions of 10000-15000 attendance were wrong.

This seeming surprise about the empty seats at the end..? -- this is normal, if you've ever attended TFC games. People always come late, leave early. I was actually surprised more by how many people were in their seats at kickoff.

I didn't think it was a good game, but FCD and Colorado, for the most part, played a better style than what we typically saw from TFC this season... particularly Dallas. Colorado did revert to TFC circa 2009 long ball in the second half. Look at the players, as individuals, and as a team, and you see the difference clearly with TFC, particularly the fullbacks. Both teams also have a midfielder general who is a focus, unlike TFC. I'd take Larentawicz and Mastroeni + Ferreira over JDG any day. Up front the big difference was Conor Casey. Dallas just doesn't have a big strong striker like that, who is talented on the ball but also a bull.

Overall, the game made me feel that if TFC ever gets to the final in a foreign stadium, I want to be there, like the FCD and Colorado fans were tonight.

nfitz
11-22-2010, 09:47 AM
There did seem to be few late comers ... even allowing for the 9:00 kickoff. When I arrived on the GO arriving at 6:49 I was surprised at how many people were on the train, and already milling around.

Perhaps the lesson is that we should move all our starts to 8:30 pm! (NO!!)

JonO
11-22-2010, 09:47 AM
Sitting in 108 reds - it was busier than it has been all season (although there were still empty seats). I thought the atmosphere was fine for a neutral site venue with 2 really unknown teams. Crowd seemed to get behind Colorado a bit more...

Not really "unknown" - maybe unheralded....

boban
11-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Announced at 21700 on telly. A sellout.

From talking to friends who are ticket agents, there were less than 200 tickets unsold around kickoff.
Sounds more of a number that was sold as opposed to what was actually there.
Mine were empty.

Carts
11-22-2010, 10:24 AM
It was great to see the stands mostly full for the actual start of the match....

I know some people thought kick-off was 8:30pm, but whatever the case - nice to see a full stadium when anthem was sung and match started...

Carts...

Chevy
11-22-2010, 10:33 AM

Did anyone expect any different? I'm sure Archer and Loney had their hate-scripts done before the game started.

Pathetic stuff.

Section 117
11-22-2010, 10:39 AM
We chirpped at Cuunigham the whole time he was warming up in front of us. At one point he stopped warming up and just kept chirping back at us.

He said it wasn't his fault and I quote "it's not me, it is managements fault"

The best chant of the night" Heyyyy Heyy Cunyy! I wanna know how missed that goal"

Oldtimer
11-22-2010, 11:03 AM
Did anyone go to the Matthew Good concert? How was it?

King Jeff
11-22-2010, 11:21 AM
Did anyone go to the Matthew Good concert? How was it?

Meh.

He played a few old tunes and some stuff I didn't know (I'm guessing that's his solo stuff). Probably... 500 people at the most, which prompted him to say, "It's funny. It's a free concert and there's about 1/10th of the crowd who would pay to see me."

Not a lot of people really into it, but the timing was horrible. There's no reason that show couldn't have started an hour later.

jloome
11-22-2010, 12:13 PM
I think it would be fair to call the game a moderate failure at worst or a unspectacular success at best in terms of the support. I don't live and die by what people post in BS, but there was a time not too long ago when TFC fans used to walk around the net acting like they invented supporting a football team.

I can remember when someone posted that TFC had the best atmosphere of any sports team in North America and was "shouted down" when I suggested such statements were over exaggerations.

Which is relevant here why, exactly? Best atmosphere is down to supporting their own team, not two others playing at a neutral venue.

Technorgasm
11-22-2010, 12:26 PM
there is a lot of people talking completely baseless shit, and its not even confined to bigsoccer as this thread shows

every single supporter from every single group sucked our dicks about how we raised the bar for future mls cups and a bunch of knownothings here want to bitch?

it explains a lot, actually

nail hits head. . the sat night at Joes was electric anyone who wasnt there really missed out. it set the bar high and we created a real sense of occasion that carried into teh game.

What!
11-22-2010, 12:42 PM
I'd like to start off by saying that I did attend the game last night and enjoyed it. The weather was cold but bareable. I am a TFC fan however I am also a football fan.

Now to the real reason I'm posting here. I looked over to section 111 and 112 and noticed the many empty seats. I knew before game day that the RPB were talking about not showing up to the game to send a message to MLS and to MLSE. What message were you guys trying to send? Ya ya, ticket prices, no option for the cup final, blah blah blah....

You guys can spend thousands upon thousands of dollars on flags, drums, banners, etc and it pains you to spend 30 bucks on a ticket for the MLS finals.

You say you support TFC and nothing else. I hate to break it to you but without the MLS there would be no TFC! And TFC doesn't exist because of two sections in the stands.

We like to see ourselves as the best supporting fans in the MLS. Last night's final was a way to show MLS fans throughout North America what Toronto is made of. You had the opportunity to show that the RPB are the best supporters in the MLS, not just for TFC but for the sport of football. You should have been there with the drum beating, flags flying, and the chants louder then ever. Show the folks watching on ESPN that TFC fans are the best.

The lack of RPB fans at the game will hardly have an effect on MLSE as at the end of the day there were still 21,700 tickets sold.

This was a poor attempt to stick it to MLSE and the MLS. In my opinion it was an EPIC FAIL!

Ossington Mental Youth
11-22-2010, 12:44 PM
MLSE fucked up by the late start time, lack of promotion, and ticket prices, thats all.
Good game otherwise

Roogsy
11-22-2010, 12:49 PM
I'd like to start off by saying that I did attend the game last night and enjoyed it. The weather was cold but bareable. I am a TFC fan however I am also a football fan.

Now to the real reason I'm posting here. I looked over to section 111 and 112 and noticed the many empty seats. I knew before game day that the RPB were talking about not showing up to the game to send a message to MLS and to MLSE. What message were you guys trying to send? Ya ya, ticket prices, no option for the cup final, blah blah blah....

You guys can spend thousands upon thousands of dollars on flags, drums, banners, etc and it pains you to spend 30 bucks on a ticket for the MLS finals.

You say you support TFC and nothing else. I hate to break it to you but without the MLS there would be no TFC! And TFC doesn't exist because of two sections in the stands.

We like to see ourselves as the best supporting fans in the MLS. Last night's final was a way to show MLS fans throughout North America what Toronto is made of. You had the opportunity to show that the RPB are the best supporters in the MLS, not just for TFC but for the sport of football. You should have been there with the drum beating, flags flying, and the chants louder then ever. Show the folks watching on ESPN that TFC fans are the best.

The lack of RPB fans at the game will hardly have an effect on MLSE as at the end of the day there were still 21,700 tickets sold.

This was a poor attempt to stick it to MLSE and the MLS. In my opinion it was an EPIC FAIL!

What is an epic fail is that you are accusing us of something that didn't happen. There was no campaign to "stick it" to MLSE at the MLS Cup. There was talk of it when all the protests were occuring but it did not proceed past the discussion stage. So how about using facts to formulate your opinion rather than baseless rumours?

CommradePolski
11-22-2010, 12:50 PM
I did my part in heckling the crap out of Hartman. My throat hates me but I know Hartman does too so it was worth it.

He was yelling at his defence and me and the guy behind me proceeded to tell him to shutup. Then he gave us the hand.

Oldtimer
11-22-2010, 12:55 PM
What is an epic fail is that you are accusing us of something that didn't happen. There was no campaign to "stick it" to MLSE at the MLS Cup. There was talk of it when all the protests were occuring but it did not proceed past the discussion stage. So how about using facts to formulate your opinion rather than baseless rumours?

There were a couple of people who did say they weren't going, and didn't go, but it wasn't a whole group thing.

I think there was more apathy than anything else.

Roogsy
11-22-2010, 02:52 PM
Sure some people did it out of personal choice, I know I was one of them before the townhall meetings. But after the protests were done and the ceasefire was agreed...for the most part everyone simply moved on. The point being there was no campaign to mess with the MLS Cup and perhaps this gentleman would like to get his facts straight. If people didn't show it's because this game was not properly marketed, it was a cold night and some people quite frankly did not care.

Red Rat
11-22-2010, 02:58 PM

being in 112 I knew that most of the scalper seats were empty. These seats are always empty at the beginning and fill up right after the start.
So shut the fuck up!

sully
11-22-2010, 04:15 PM
Meh.

He played a few old tunes and some stuff I didn't know (I'm guessing that's his solo stuff). Probably... 500 people at the most, which prompted him to say, "It's funny. It's a free concert and there's about 1/10th of the crowd who would pay to see me."

Not a lot of people really into it, but the timing was horrible. There's no reason that show couldn't have started an hour later.

we went down at 7:00 to watch him and they were already finished... TFC website said from 6 to 8...

sulfur
11-22-2010, 04:49 PM
Sounds more of a number that was sold as opposed to what was actually there.
Mine were empty.
That's what the MLS policy appears to be. Tickets sold. Not bodies through the gate.

Detroit_TFC
11-22-2010, 05:40 PM
The game: not bad in the first half, second half was trench warfare and thats what killed the game.

MLSE screwed up a lot things with this but we can't put the ko time on them, thats a league decision, driven by the tv arrangements. Nonetheless, it was a killer for attendance and hopefully it was a wakeup call to the league.

I don't know if there will be a separate thread to discuss this, but I just want to say that our supporters groups did a fantastic job hosting visiting supporters, doing the organizational work with the summit, the supporters cup, etc. The hospitality from RPB and U-Sector was magnificent. It made me proud to be involved with RPB for sure. That will be the memory I take away from this event.

Stryker
11-22-2010, 06:51 PM
MLSE fucked up....

You were expecting otherwise?

CoachGT
11-22-2010, 07:43 PM
Neutral site game, not the greatest of weather conditions (but at least it didn't rain). Relatively small numbers of visiting supporters (probably influenced by a border crossing). Showcase of the poor quality refereeing. Mediocre game at best.

Thanked every visiting supporter I came across for coming up to the game and hope they enjoyed their stay!

High points? Anthem singing at the beginning. Colorado fans breaking out a large Canada flag. Dichio at 23:13 (even 224 was singing it!!!). Great Dallas goal! Dichio at 23:13 of overtime.

But probably the biggest plus of the night (for me) was at Shoeless pre-game, with the place rockin' as it should be on one of our game nights. Couldn't stick around for the post game, but it had to be pretty charged as well.

69Chevy396
11-22-2010, 07:45 PM
[

Some observations from the game: I sat among some Denver people who visited Toronto for the first time. They had a blast, and, thought we showed a lot of class by not hammering the TFC stuff in their face: I think the RPB showed some class by not chanting much during the game. This was not about TFC, the two clubs on the pitch deserved all the attention. I think these people liked that: we attend the game on a miserable night, and support MLS in doing so.

The funniest thing all night was in 127 a fat, half naked TFC supporter spent the entire night yelling at the ESPN broadcasters, not being offensive, but telling one of them that his "wife needed her coat back"...everybody got a laugh out of this, including the espn guys.

The game itself was a bore. FC Dallas was much better against LA last week, they looked tentative and disorganized. Ferreria was their best player all year but had a weak game, despite his goal.

Colorado played boring long ball during the entire second half, that ruined it for me, I left early as a result. That teams best player I think was Wallace, he showed me what others have said, he may be the next best player in the league if he stays around long enough.

Kevvv
11-22-2010, 08:19 PM
The funniest thing all night was in 127 a fat, half naked TFC supporter spent the entire night yelling at the ESPN broadcasters, not being offensive, but telling one of them that his "wife needed her coat back"...everybody got a laugh out of this, including the espn guys.

For the record, he's not fat, just big-boned.

the-lower-eastsider
11-23-2010, 12:09 AM
For the record, he's not fat, just big-boned.
lol. thanks kevvv.

Raging Reggie
11-23-2010, 01:35 AM
^^^^ LMAO! Craiger WAS the highlight of the MLS cup that is for sure! Check out ALexi Lalas picture that he took of ya lol. 3rd post down from his page.

http://twitter.com/#!/alexilalas22

jazzy
11-23-2010, 02:17 AM
me amd wife missed M.Goode also.......the planning of events seemed like an afterthought.....there were quite a few fans who came from the states that I met, and go to every final, (surprise), they asked me when do the events start ...I was at a loss and I'm a fan ....??..MLSE had a good idea to get the final but definitely didn't follow thru with....any sense of occasion....oh and the proof.....loved the half time show.....WTF?.....It seemed after the half the announcer went home...union rules? LOL...people were wondering what was going on......no added time sign at the end of overtime, although we were clearly into it...btw the game....AND the ref let too much cluching grabbing fouls go on constantly ...thats why it seemed like an old school hockey game to me without the passing /control needed......shownfor short spurt by Dallas with their first sweet goal...All in all the atmosphere was strangely erie........really small time

69Chevy396
11-23-2010, 04:14 PM
okay, not fat, just insane will suffice.