PDA

View Full Version : MLS First Kick 2012 - TFC v Impact?? Maybe

bgnewf
11-21-2010, 07:06 PM
Video from the MLS Supporters Summit with Commissioner Don Garber. I get to ask him to commit to having MLS First Kick 2012 in Montreal between the Impact & TFC.

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2010/11/mls-supporters-summit-garber-says-maybe-to-first-kick-montreal-in-2012/

Comments are always welcome and appreciated.

Pachuco
11-22-2010, 01:57 PM
That would definately be worth the road trip. I'm not sure we'd have enough seats though.

Yeoman
11-22-2010, 01:59 PM
he didn't even answer it.
at least it didn't sound like it to me.
that could have been a simple 'we'll make this happen' or 'we'll see if we can make this happen' but then went off on geography?
come on commish. only time where i wasn't impressed with all of his answer, was that one.

Phil
11-22-2010, 02:15 PM
he didn't even answer it.
at least it didn't sound like it to me.
that could have been a simple 'we'll make this happen' or 'we'll see if we can make this happen' but then went off on geography?
come on commish. only time where i wasn't impressed with all of his answer, was that one.

I agree with your points, but at the same time we were warned that some of the crowd questions would be met with this type of response.

It was good to make it heard and have him understand the importance of a game like this happening.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-22-2010, 02:28 PM
If they know whats smart for them, they will schedule this match

BS1327
11-22-2010, 02:55 PM
That would definately be worth the road trip. I'm not sure we'd have enough seats though.

Perhaps they could play the match at the Big Owe?

Heathen
11-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Did you see the response from the MTL fan on bgnewf's blog, didn't take to kindly to the suggestion.

kodiakTFC
11-22-2010, 04:09 PM
You should've also asked for the game to be on a Saturday afternoon. By the way that Montreal blogger comes off as a huge ass in his post, yeah we don't know about the issues with the Big Owe but come on, no need to come off as such a prick.

Eastend
11-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Did you see the response from the MTL fan on bgnewf's blog, didn't take to kindly to the suggestion.

I can see their point of view. I think we'd all be pissed if we had to move to Skydome for our first game in a new league. I want all my games at BMO.

__wowza
11-22-2010, 04:46 PM
here's where it gets kinda skewed. they're going to get a sellout for their first home game regardless (if it's at saputo). so would the MLS through away another sell out crowd on toronto when they know we'll come up there and pack the stadium mid-season?

my best bet is, no. not unless they move it to the big O. the montreal blogger said he didn't appreciate the idea, but he's really only one fan. if you were to get sapputo and garber on board with this, i'm sure the FO of the stadium would bend over backwards for a potential filling.

Shway
11-22-2010, 06:22 PM
I personally think it would be fair to the impact fans to play there TFC home match at the Big Owe- now thats only if the return match was played in the rogers centre.

My reasoning for this is because I know TFC fans would travel in numbers, so that would mean we would probably expect at least 3,000 + tickets released. The same amount of tickets would have to be released for impact fans, and IMO the current state of BMO field capacity would not be able to accommodate that.

I also believe it would be a waste to have first kick their in terms of business, because we all know whatever time of the year it is tfc v mi will be a sell out .

habstfc
11-22-2010, 11:58 PM
here's where it gets kinda skewed. they're going to get a sellout for their first home game regardless (if it's at saputo). so would the MLS through away another sell out crowd on toronto when they know we'll come up there and pack the stadium mid-season.

Exactly

flatpicker
11-23-2010, 12:05 AM
Well, whenever it happens, I will be there.
I slacked off this past year where road trips are concerned.
Hopefully Vancouver will be in the cards for next season.
Montreal is a no-brainer.

I just wonder how many tickets would be available to us if it were at Stade Saputo.
Regardless... I look forward to Montreal joining MLS.
I think it will be good for TFC to have a rival like Montreal.

Shway
11-23-2010, 12:17 AM
game has to be on the weekend!!!!!

Blowing Bubbles
11-23-2010, 12:18 AM
would you guys be willing to trade 1 game at Skydome for 1 game at the Big Oww?

We're being dinks if there's no reciprocity.

flatpicker
11-23-2010, 02:28 AM
^ It's a fair trade... I wouldn't put up a fight.

I wonder if we would be able to fill the Dome though.
Perhaps for a one-off like this it might work.

Stryker
11-23-2010, 02:48 AM
If the league is smart they'll sceduale the canadian teams to play againest each other home and home and try to build on the rivilry right from the start.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-23-2010, 07:56 AM
yeah im not to worried about the big 0, i dont see it happening and i dont care if it does. i understand why we would want it but its not realistic. ideally Montreal will allow some supporters (more than usual) in, but thats kinda doubtful too

__wowza
11-23-2010, 10:04 AM
i'd kinda like to see saputo stadium on top of everything. i know it'd be a sellout two/three times over, but i'd still like to see TFC/MI there.

Cashcleaner
11-23-2010, 10:29 AM

I did and responded in turn on his blog (the individual from Montreal). Oddly, it's still pending approval, yet all I did was point out that BGNewf wasn't making any demand or anything along those lines in his blog.

Whoever the guy is, he has to get over himself.

Heathen
11-23-2010, 11:45 AM
I did and responded in turn on his blog (the individual from Montreal). Oddly, it's still pending approval, yet all I did was point out that BGNewf wasn't making any demand or anything along those lines in his blog.

Whoever the guy is, he has to get over himself.

Whatever Toronto says Montreal is going to automatically take offence, I find it quite amusing (in a patronizing Anglo centre of the universe type of way)

Shway
11-23-2010, 11:51 AM
^ It's a fair trade... I wouldn't put up a fight.

I wonder if we would be able to fill the Dome though.
Perhaps for a one-off like this it might work.

i think so....
STH move to were they're seat would possibly be
then sell the rest of the tickets for blue jay prices lol

the game would be historic

Shway
11-23-2010, 11:54 AM
SEE IT & BELIEVE IT

http://nfldotcom.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/rogers-centre.jpg

__wowza
11-23-2010, 12:19 PM
Whatever Toronto says Montreal is going to automatically take offence, I find it quite amusing (in a patronizing Anglo centre of the universe type of way)

OUR CITY CALLED YOUR CITIES MOM A SLUT.

Rudi
11-23-2010, 12:54 PM
You should've also asked for the game to be on a Saturday afternoon. By the way that Montreal blogger comes off as a huge ass in his post, yeah we don't know about the issues with the Big Owe but come on, no need to come off as such a prick.
He's not just "coming off" as a prick, he genuinely is one all the time.

Shway
11-23-2010, 12:55 PM
AFTER THINKING, I realized that the only way this would happen if Toronto FC did it first. Because thats what big brothers do right?