PDA

View Full Version : Supporter's Cup

peterboroughtfcfan
11-20-2010, 04:44 PM
Congrats to the RWN (Running with Niagara) who were representing the Red Patch Boys in the Supporter's Cup. Our boys successfully wrestled the trophy away from the Tribal Rythm boys in a thrilling 1-0 final.

Big thanks to Rudi for all his efforts on this tournament. The tournament was staged extraordinarily well given the amount of moving pieces he had to deal with and I commend him (and the Refs) for their efforts.

I'm going to address this, because I know its going to get brought up as a response to my post. I know things got out of control at one point, but this had much more to do with individuals (or fake supporter's groups) acting with a serious lack of class than it did with the actual spirit of the day or the organization of the tournament. More can be said about what happened but I'll wait to see what the overall response to the tournament is.

Again, well done Rudi and all those that helped organize the tournament.

Whoop
11-20-2010, 04:48 PM
Never saw a Supporters Cup game with 3 yellows given out to one team.

Good job to Rudi and his crew for putting together another great tournament.

yellowfellow
11-20-2010, 04:56 PM
Thanks to those who organized the tourney. Had lots of fun. It's an honour to represent and win the trophy for our group.

:scarf::flare::scarf::flare:

BeerBaron95
11-20-2010, 05:08 PM
Never saw a Supporters Cup game with 2 reds and 1 yellow given out to one team.

Good job to Rudi and his crew for putting together another great tournament.

lemme guess.. TRN were up to the usual game they play?

I got practically punched in the face by #9 on the TRN black shirt team... watched him flagrantly foul 4 guys in the remaining games.

They (both TRN teams) completely shit on the day yet again and showed no class from the start when they didnt even want to shake hands after our game.

congrats to RWN for taking the cup and reppin' true supporters groups that went out to have a fun and great day.

Voodooman
11-20-2010, 05:14 PM
lemme guess.. TRN were up to the usual game they play?

I got practically punched in the face by #9 on the TRN black shirt team... watched him flagrantly foul 4 guys in the remaining games.

They (both TRN teams) completely shit on the day yet again and showed no class from the start when they didnt even want to shake hands after our game.

congrats to RWN for taking the cup and reppin' true supporters groups that went out to have a fun and great day.

I agree with Mario here..he should of been thrown out of tournament. But thanks for a great workout, great tournament! Its been a long time I have had this much fun playing soccer! I had a great team and congrats to RWN. They really deserved it today!

Bloor West FC
11-20-2010, 05:38 PM
Congrats to RWN! Wish I was there to witness the match.

Pigfynn
11-20-2010, 05:48 PM
Congrats to RWN! Sooo glad it was an RPB team that won today. Sorry to hear that there was some unpleasantness, but sounds like it was a great day overall.

Whoop
11-20-2010, 05:54 PM
Congrats to RWN!

Red Rat
11-20-2010, 06:18 PM
nice boys

Whoop
11-20-2010, 06:55 PM
Correction it was 3 yellows. No red cards.

Red CB Toronto
11-20-2010, 07:15 PM
What is a fake supporter, may I ask?

Congrats to the RPB for bringing the title back.

tfcfans
11-20-2010, 07:42 PM
Thanks to all who were involved in today - from organizing the teams, the tournament, keeping us indoors this morning:rolleyes:, and the good time that was had by all RPB teams (despite some of the shenanigans from other teams!).

Congrats to RWN - you deserved it wholeheartedly - I think peterboroughtfcfan was going to adopt that kid wearing "black and green" off of RWN after watching him kick ass in the final!!:D:D

As always - saw some old and new faces, and to a man everyone I met from RPB was great to hang out with......Thanks again!!

P.S. Some of us talked to some Chivas supporters at Joe's and when they told us their season ticket package I think most of the Rejects almost choked - $180 for a season ticket which also included a jersey, and a trip to Cancun!!! Maybe we should have asked for a bus trip to Blue Mountain as part of our season package....:rolleyes:

yellowfellow
11-20-2010, 09:24 PM

First play of the game, that fucking guy took out Donald Duck with an elbow and a knee. He should've been red carded then. I asked the ref how come he didn't get red, she said it has to be a "really really bad foul to get a red."

Whatever, I am glad that a RPB team took the trophy home.

prizby
11-20-2010, 11:30 PM
Thanks to all who were involved in today - from organizing the teams, the tournament, keeping us indoors this morning:rolleyes:, and the good time that was had by all RPB teams (despite some of the shenanigans from other teams!).

Congrats to RWN - you deserved it wholeheartedly - I think peterboroughtfcfan was going to adopt that kid wearing "black and green" off of RWN after watching him kick ass in the final!!:D:D

As always - saw some old and new faces, and to a man everyone I met from RPB was great to hang out with......Thanks again!!

P.S. Some of us talked to some Chivas supporters at Joe's and when they told us their season ticket package I think most of the Rejects almost choked - $180 for a season ticket which also included a jersey, and a trip to Cancun!!! Maybe we should have asked for a bus trip to Blue Mountain as part of our season package....:rolleyes:

YOU'RE SHITTING ME?

trip to cancun...the trip itself is worth $180

peterboroughtfcfan
11-21-2010, 10:42 AM
What is a fake supporter, may I ask?

Congrats to the RPB for bringing the title back.

Maybe I should have been more clear. I'm not calling the Tribal Rythm Nation a fake supporters group. They don't do what we do, but they are what they are and BMO is big enough for all the groups to do their own thing. I recognize that they are a legitimate supporter's group and respect them for participating in their own fashion.

What I meant was that there was maybe 2-3 of the actual members on their two teams, while the rest were just ringers who I've never once seen at a game. I sit in 118 and see those guys every week. I can say, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that 95% of that team (TRN Allstars) were brought in just to try and embarass people.

That wasn't even the part that bothered me. I can accept that people are going to stack teams and that's fine. What I took serious issue with was the way they acted the whole day. Not only were they aggressive (beyond any acceptable standard) they acted like a bunch of assholes everytime they scored. They were literally up 5-0 on us and were acting like they just scored a goal in stoppage time at the World Cup.

There are other things that happened that led to some unpleasantness at the end of the Semi-Final, but its probably best if they aren't spoken about in the public forum.

In short, if you're going to play in this fun tournament, act with some class and respect. They didn't, but virtually every other team did. It was a great day and Rudi should be proud. Again, way to go RWN.

Roogsy
11-21-2010, 10:50 AM
We are all aware that TRN is not a legitimate supporters group not in their focus or philosophy but in that there isn't an actual group of active TFC supporters that are either part of the game-day experience or that promote the game outside of the game venue. This is a group of 5 to 10 guys who are at BMO Field on game day and who fill their tournament requirements with "ringers" as Peterborough rightly said.

The guys who are on the TRN team some of them play semi-pro and most of them have barely been to 1 or 2 games for TFC. Few of them can be considered die-hard supporters. This is a well-known fact.

Parkdale
11-21-2010, 10:54 AM
that's a bit harsh.

let's not paint everyone with the same brush. I've met some TRN guys who are nice people and really care about TFC. Maybe I've never had to play soccer against them, but I have had many positive dealings with some of them.

guelphguy1965
11-21-2010, 12:05 PM
TRN is one of major reason why I stopped playing in tournamemnts they are involved in. I rather stay home than deal with their bullshit. They are an embarrasement and I do not want to be standing on same field as them.

Juanito
11-21-2010, 12:14 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=25462

I started a thread already lads!

Heart of Stone
11-21-2010, 12:15 PM
Guys who play dirty or with the intent to injury as adults are the same guys who would whip balls at timid, non-athletic kids while playing dodgeball in Grade 6 gym class... they just never learned what is appropriate on the field of play...

Jeffro
11-21-2010, 01:12 PM
that's a bit harsh.

let's not paint everyone with the same brush. I've met some TRN guys who are nice people and really care about TFC. Maybe I've never had to play soccer against them, but I have had many positive dealings with some of them.

Us 118ers have our own (pretty major) issues with trn as a group, although I do agree there are some great guys there.

Parkdale
11-21-2010, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I can only form my opinion based on the few guys I have met, as I've never sat in 118.

peterboroughtfcfan
11-21-2010, 01:16 PM
Us 118ers have our own (pretty major) issues with trn as a group, although I do agree there are some great guys there.

I have much bigger issues with them after yesterday.

Toronto Gunner
11-21-2010, 01:18 PM
While there were a few good guys on the TRN teams, I think the consensus is that they were jerks. We were down 3-0 after about 4 minutes of play and I was kicked square in the chest while going for a ball. Completely uncalled for.

I was pumped to see RWN take it. Somebody find out who that kid with the green on his kit is and sign him up for the TFC academy. He was amazing.

Thanks to everybody that came and made this day a lot of fun - especially my fellow Rejects. We may not have won any games or scored any goals, but I think we all had a great day.

tfcfans
11-21-2010, 01:42 PM
^^
I echo your last comment Toronto Gunner - Thanks to my fellow Rejects who battled hard for four games even when all hope was lost after the first two games!! (as you said yesterday - no one remembers each others names but we can all still hang out and drink - isn't that right Chris? David? Mark? Elliott? ha ha ha!!) -

We had a cool group of guys who played together, drank together, ate together and cheered together - I think if we had actually scored a goal our collective celebration may have caused Lamport's bubble to collapse!!:D

Remember the chant boys - 4 clean sheets!! 4 clean sheets!!

AL-MO
11-21-2010, 06:33 PM
If it makes you guys feel any better, TRN joined my league last year and repeatedly got trounced EVERY week. :D

AL-MO
11-21-2010, 06:36 PM
Maybe I shouldn't be speaking about this as I have yet to participate in a Supporters Cup (or be there for that matter), but why is there always issues with this tournament?

The last three years something always happens. I chuckled when I heard GeorgeB dropped some guy, but it should never come to that.

Zeke_Jones
11-21-2010, 07:08 PM
Look we all know those guys are cheats and assholes, its been like that since the first tourney and its pathetic they are still allowed to participate.

RWN is nothing but class, I've played against them many times and always had a good time.

Zeke_Jones
11-21-2010, 07:09 PM
Oh almost forgot Congrats!!!

Red CB Toronto
11-22-2010, 12:47 AM
We are all aware that TRN is not a legitimate supporters group not in their focus or philosophy but in that there isn't an actual group of active TFC supporters that are either part of the game-day experience or that promote the game outside of the game venue. This is a group of 5 to 10 guys who are at BMO Field on game day and who fill their tournament requirements with "ringers" as Peterborough rightly said.

The guys who are on the TRN team some of them play semi-pro and most of them have barely been to 1 or 2 games for TFC. Few of them can be considered die-hard supporters. This is a well-known fact.

Man, TRN would have no problem putting someone like Rohan Ricketts into their lineup if the opportunity presented itself. The changing of jersey's is what really put me off when I played in the supporters cup last year.

Rudi
11-22-2010, 03:13 PM
Guys, I share many of your concerns about TRN and - while I actually get along just fine with Duane and the other guys who are actually part of their group - I will be pushing for the TRN teams to be removed from next year's tournament.

Their teams play as if their lives literally depend on it (and thus they hack and foul all the damned time), they showboat and taunt opposing players at any given opportunity, and they generally find a new way to cheat every single year.

It's not solely my decision to make, but I feel as if I've earned a pretty big say in how future tournaments are run. If only for next year, I will be pushing for a TRN-free Supporters Cup tournament.

They simply do not seem to grasp the spirit of what the tournament is supposed to be. When DeRo walked into Lamport for the MLS W.O.R.K.S. game going on next to us, I half-expected him to be given a TRN jersey in time for the playoff games.

TFCtoMUFC
11-22-2010, 11:07 PM
This is from BHTC Mike on U-Sector since he doesnt have an account here:

And if any team in the tournament deserves special acknowledgement it's (RPB) Rejects who lost every game, didn't score a goal, but still showed up and enjoyed themselves. I've been on lots of shit teams in my life and it's rarely fun but without those guys filling a spot last minute - per what Rudi told me - every other team in our group would have had one less game.

Big Bruva
11-23-2010, 12:45 AM

Who were the semi pro players???

Big Bruva
11-23-2010, 12:48 AM

What are the main issues you have with them? wonder if its what i think they are.

Big Bruva
11-23-2010, 12:52 AM
Man, TRN would have no problem putting someone like Rohan Ricketts into their lineup if the opportunity presented itself. The changing of jersey's is what really put me off when I played in the supporters cup last year.

I was supposed to play on Saturday, i actually went for a kick about with TRN 2 weeks ago.

Changing of jerseys Cam?

Roogsy
11-23-2010, 12:52 AM
Who were the semi pro players???

I don't remember their names. After the first tournament, there were pictures put up of teams in the CSL with players that were playing in the tournament. They were directly identified. In addition to that, there were conversations quoted first-hand of players who admittedly claimed they weren't even Toronto FC supporters or had ever even been to a game and were playing in a "supporter's cup" tournament. In fact, they barely knew where BMO Field was. That started the reputation for TRN and they have not been able to shake it off out of their own doing.

Changing of jerseys Cam?

The changing of jerseys was something I saw myself among other participants in other tournaments. Whereas the roster limit was something like 12 players, TRN brought more and switched jerseys with non-registered participants allowing them to in essence use an unidentified numbers of players that were fresher than the rest of us that had played the full round-robin and then knock-out games.

I saw it myself as did many others and complaints were lodged.

Big Bruva
11-23-2010, 12:54 AM
Guys, I share many of your concerns about TRN and - while I actually get along just fine with Duane and the other guys who are actually part of their group - I will be pushing for the TRN teams to be removed from next year's tournament.

Their teams play as if their lives literally depend on it (and thus they hack and foul all the damned time), they showboat and taunt opposing players at any given opportunity, and they generally find a new way to cheat every single year.

It's not solely my decision to make, but I feel as if I've earned a pretty big say in how future tournaments are run. If only for next year, I will be pushing for a TRN-free Supporters Cup tournament.

They simply do not seem to grasp the spirit of what the tournament is supposed to be. When DeRo walked into Lamport for the MLS W.O.R.K.S. game going on next to us, I half-expected him to be given a TRN jersey in time for the playoff games.

That's who he would of been backing lol

yellowfellow
11-23-2010, 10:54 AM
Rudi, thanks for all the work that you did for this tournament.

Despite the incident, we enjoyed playing against the U-Sector teams. Those incidents are just part of the game when guys get competitive. I hope nobody takes them personally. At the end, we had fun and will look forward to playing you guys again.

yellowfellow
11-23-2010, 10:55 AM
KW is a good team. I heard they didn't make it out of their group because of goal difference. I think if they make it, they have as good of a chance to win the tourney as any team does.

Jeffro
11-26-2010, 01:02 PM
What are the main issues you have with them? wonder if its what i think they are.

What the fuck is this supposed to mean?? We've never met, how would you have any idea what my problems are??