PDA

View Full Version : Hitchin' my wagon to Dallas

TOBOR !
11-19-2010, 03:06 PM
Screw it - for no logical reason I've chosen Dallas as the side to cheer on this Sunday. In the time between now and the game itself I'll be digging up some Texas- themed tunes to turn into related material to spur the boys onto victory. Right now I'm humming the theme to the TV show 'Dallas'. Gonna use it a lot, I think, on Sunday.

Da-Da-Daaaah Da-Da Da-Da-Da-Da... etc.

Okay - all you likeminded Dallas supporters (for a day) join me in this thread. State your claim, brainstorm ideas with me.

If Colorado is your team, Piss off and start your own thread (tosser !).

Come on you Toros !

Parkdale
11-19-2010, 03:07 PM
I'm cheering for one man only. Marvell Wynne.

not for another team, not for other players.

oh, and I'm wishing evil things happen to Jeff Cunningham.

but that's it. no cheering over here

Roogsy
11-19-2010, 03:09 PM
I am watching this game as a neutral. I won't really care which side wins because neither side is Toronto FC.

I will watch some entertaining football and then go grab some drinks. This is more of a social/entertainment day for me than an experience as a supporter.

mastermixer
11-19-2010, 03:11 PM
^^ Watch that SOB cunningham score a couple on our home turf and taunt his former fanbase with a celebration at a game we are forced into participating for... another thing to thank MLSE for.

torontocelt
11-19-2010, 03:18 PM
^^ Watch that SOB cunningham score a couple on our home turf and taunt his former fanbase with a celebration at a game we are forced into participating for... another thing to thank MLSE for.

I want colorado to win, they have an ex celtic player in their ranks and a fellow scot called jamie smith. He isn't very good though, he is very injury prone and he probably wont play but good luck Jamie Smith!

Just read he has eight assists for colorade this season, he has the most assits on the team, he cannot be doing too badly after all...

ensco
11-19-2010, 03:27 PM
I agree. I like the way Dallas plays. Very fizzy style.

I think hating Cunningham is misguided.

TOBOR !
11-19-2010, 03:36 PM
Look, man, take your 'I'm not cheering for anybody' or 'Colorado is my team' comments into your own threads. We're FCD until Monday, here.

Let's face it, there's not going to be any travelling support. Period. We're going to have to be surrogate supporters.

Go Toros (I looked it up - that's one of their nicknames).

Parkdale
11-19-2010, 03:36 PM

but it's not sports if you can't hate someone. :evil:

TOBOR !
11-19-2010, 03:48 PM
I don't like Cunningham either. Someone around here illustrated how illogical this feeling is in another thread - something about him not being used properly, etc., which is all sound, but I still don't like him.

There are too many memories of him falling down after kicking the ball straight at the 'keeper after waltzing in alone from about 40 yards out to contend with.

That said, I'll deal with it by stepping outside myself for a day - suspending reality.

zeelaw
11-19-2010, 05:36 PM
I'm cheering for one man only. Marvell Wynne.

not for another team, not for other players.

oh, and I'm wishing evil things happen to Jeff Cunningham.

but that's it. no cheering over here

yyyuuupp

GBV
11-19-2010, 05:41 PM
I agree. I like the way Dallas plays. Very fizzy style.

he does know this is MLS and not NFL/MLB/NBA, right?
tool:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/throw-cunninghams-deadly-silence