PDA

View Full Version : New Official TFC Video Web Channel

Blizzard
06-27-2008, 04:35 PM
I think this might be the best video site I've seen from a sports team!
http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp (http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp)
(http://www.ippnet.com/EN/main/products/fabrication/14358.html)

DOMIN8R
06-27-2008, 05:04 PM
Can't get it to work/load.

Ossington Mental Youth
06-27-2008, 05:06 PM
Pretty dope, great idea on their part. At least they recognize that we want as much TFC as possible.

edmundo
06-27-2008, 05:08 PM
this is incredible, cuz my crappy computer doesn't support the tfc tv stream from the mls site, this is like winning a world cup for me lol, thanks for the link!

olegunnar
06-27-2008, 05:08 PM
How do you get out of it and back to the home page?

Ossington Mental Youth
06-27-2008, 05:18 PM
this is incredible, cuz my crappy computer doesn't support the tfc tv stream from the mls site, this is like winning a world cup for me lol, thanks for the link!

HAHAHA mine too

Corpand
06-27-2008, 05:32 PM
This player is a great idea! LMAO love how they try to cencor Edward's Nike logo during his interview

Oh and Ricketts sporting them shorts at the beach is the shit!

rocker
06-27-2008, 05:45 PM
Oh and Ricketts sporting them shorts at the beach is the shit!

I didn't know they made shorts that short for guys anymore!

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/PhJD/rickettsbeach1.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/PhJD/rickettsbeach2.jpg

SilverSamurai
06-27-2008, 07:53 PM
Could it be? Are they planting grass seeds? :o
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y99/SilverSamurai12/grass.jpg

Ricketts wears short shorts! Must be a Euro thing. lol

edmundo
06-27-2008, 08:01 PM
Ricketts wears short shorts! Must be a Euro thing. lol

it must be cuz i notice frank lampard does the same thing at chelsea training sessions

Keystone FC
06-28-2008, 04:16 AM
How do you get out of it and back to the home page?

Just close it out. It's just another screen on top of the main page.

Keystone FC
06-28-2008, 04:18 AM
This is a fantastic idea on the part of TFC. I guess they realize just how media savy all our groups are and want to offer us something from their end. Maybe in a few years they'll expand it to include more supporters videos and we can have our very own Parkdale Cinema.

James Oliphant
06-28-2008, 05:02 AM
I think I've seen this site before...when it was called ourtfc.com (http://ourtfc.com/main/)

The Kingpin
06-28-2008, 05:49 AM
Anyone who links to this simply does not like a true football experience IMO. They have stripped concepts from real supporters and made them their own. It's disgusting and pathetic, TFC Marketing is an embarrassment and Cesar has proved to be two faced. Organic my ass, they are thieves... I can't believe what some supporters buy, if you knew the history you would be admonishing TFC for their awful support. All of these concepts are stolen, plain and simple. Cesar is a complete joke, along with the no brain marketer Kelli... Pathetic, she steals concepts from CB and presents them to her team...

redrocket08
06-28-2008, 09:28 AM
Congrats to the team and all supporters!!! This new player is amazing and a great step forward looking to the future. If you can't have a TFC TV Channel, this is the next best thing. Truly awesome stuff, hope they stream live stuff one day too.

Lenny Dikestra
06-28-2008, 09:59 AM
Congrats to the team and all supporters!!! This new player is amazing and a great step forward looking to the future. If you can't have a TFC TV Channel, this is the next best thing. Truly awesome stuff, hope they stream live stuff one day too.

What dept at TFC do you work in ..hahhahah:hump:

redrocket08
06-28-2008, 10:23 AM
I don't work for any department Lenny. I'm just a supporter, lik you, who is tired of all the negativety on these boards. We should be "supporting" what we have,not bad mouthing it. Have you see the videos and website of other teams?

Lenny Dikestra
06-28-2008, 10:32 AM
I was just kidding ... ^^^^^

The Kingpin
06-28-2008, 11:23 AM
rr08 you obviously have not been part of the history. The negativity stems from the fact they shut down supporter sites and then stole the ideas for their own. They also have stolen or attempted to steal concepts from members of the RPB exec. and then attempt to execute (poorly I must add). If you are happy with this then rock on!! Your bliss is your own...

rocker
06-28-2008, 11:24 AM
what concepts were "stolen"?

I don't think interviewing players candidly was invented by OurTFC.

If you're trying to explain the history of this to a newcomer, please give facts and details rather than a sarcastic "your bliss is your own".

I didn't realize that supporters "owned" concepts and planned to enact them at the stadium and then TFC "ripped them off". But please explain....

The Kingpin
06-28-2008, 11:38 AM
Next time you see CB, he'll fill you in. I don't have the time to fill you in on a year full of history. I used to be the liaison for RPB to TFC and they suggested they would help such modes of communication from supporters and they did a 360 and stole the successful models. It's not just interviewing it's the whole media support model developed by supporters. I'm sure you see this... You must. And they have stripped all credentials so they can serve up tripe to peripheral supporters and now the hardened can't get proper supporter coverage.

Lenny Dikestra
06-28-2008, 11:46 AM
Next time you see CB, he'll fill you in. I don't have the time to fill you in on a year full of history. I used to be the liaison for RPB to TFC and they suggested they would help such modes of communication from supporters and they did a 360 and stole the successful models. It's not just interviewing it's the whole media support model developed by supporters. I'm sure you see this... You must. And they have stripped all credentials so they can serve up tripe to peripheral supporters and now the hardened can't get proper supporter coverage.

You seem to be 100% correct ..
It is not Media when it comes from the Source itself..
This whole TFCtv shit is IMO not there idea, and considering the source of the content you will never get anything but marketed BS ..

To Each is own tho

redrocket08
06-28-2008, 11:52 AM
I dont understand, its not like its new, they've been doing it since the begining.
It just has a name now.

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/t280/sights/2007/

Blizzard
06-28-2008, 01:46 PM
I dont understand, its not like its new, they've been doing it since the begining.
It just has a name now.

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/t280/sights/2007/

Agreed. A name and a nice all in one portal separate from the MLSNET web site.

I'd say that the scope of this web site is in fact their idea in that I've never seen a sports club put together a site that is for video only. It's a nice resource and much more easy to navigate than MLSNET.

James Oliphant
06-28-2008, 03:15 PM
You seem to be 100% correct ..
It is not Media when it comes from the Source itself..

Exactly...

You know when you hear stories about China or Cuba or any other country run by an unaccountable governement, and the qualifier is that it comes from "state-run media"? This is the sporting equivalent of that...the club isn't giving you what you want to hear, they're giving you what they want you to hear.

Don't be fooled by the flashy presentation.

Blizzard
06-28-2008, 05:02 PM
Exactly...

You know when you hear stories about China or Cuba or any other country run by an unaccountable governement, and the qualifier is that it comes from "state-run media"? This is the sporting equivalent of that...the club isn't giving you what you want to hear, they're giving you what they want you to hear.

Don't be fooled by the flashy presentation.

I don't think it is a fair comparison in that those nations do their best to attempt to disguise their "state-run media" as true media and as there is no free media for which the public to compare, it is sometimes difficult for them to realize what they are being subjected to.

In this case, it is a TFC web site and everybody knows it. There is no subterfuge. There is no phony reporter in front of the camera pretending to work for a tv station.

It is a public relations arm of the team and in all honesty, in terms of video, if you are going to legitimate television outlets to find sources of online video including game highlights and press conferences, you are not going to find very much to look at.

Of course, if a media outlet had a TFC video web site up, I'm sure we'd find another list of reasons to bitch and complain.

At this point in time, I'm pleased with what they've supplied. It's more than we're going to find anywhere else!

B

James Oliphant
06-28-2008, 05:34 PM
I don't think it is a fair comparison in that those nations do their best to attempt to disguise their "state-run media" as true media and as there is no free media for which the public to compare, it is sometimes difficult for them to realize what they are being subjected to.

Funny...'cause everything you mentioned here is what appears to be happening at TFC/MLS...a tightening of the media reigns.

In this case, it is a TFC web site and everybody knows it. There is no subterfuge.

No talk of Todd Dunivant's injury, or Tebily's for that matter. No discussion of the lineup/tactics against Kansas City. No talk of the waning ticket sales for Vancouver/Montreal.

There is no phony reporter in front of the camera pretending to work for a tv station.

Michelle Lissel.

It is a public relations arm of the team

...as state-run media are a public relations arm of the governments they're controlled by...

and in all honesty, in terms of video, if you are going to legitimate television outlets to find sources of online video including game highlights and press conferences, you are not going to find very much to look at.

Not any more.

Of course, if a media outlet had a TFC video web site up, I'm sure we'd find another list of reasons to bitch and complain.

Better than the alternative.

At this point in time, I'm pleased with what they've supplied. It's more than we're going to find anywhere else!

...only because that's the way they want it.

SilverSamurai
06-28-2008, 05:41 PM
I found this weeks episode better cause CV2 wasn't on. :)
I'm happy!
But the original tfctv was better.

Blizzard
06-29-2008, 01:38 AM
Some snappy one line answer there James.

Funny...'cause everything you mentioned here is what appears to be happening at TFC/MLS...a tightening of the media reigns.

In what way James? How have the legitimate media been hamstrung by TFC? How is TFC any different than any other sports organization in that regard?

No talk of Todd Dunivant's injury, or Tebily's for that matter. No discussion of the lineup/tactics against Kansas City. No talk of the waning ticket sales for Vancouver/Montreal.OK, you want the hard news. Isn't that what our media outlets are for? Didn't the Star and Globe print this information in their papers and on their web sites? Did TFC somehow try to cover up this information? Obviously not.

What waning ticket sales? I recently asked a team rep about sales for Vancouver and was told they are over 16k! I would imagine that sales will be reasonably close to a sell out by the time the games comes around on Tuesday assuming that we were being given correct information in the first place.

How is that waning?

Michelle Lissel.Does Lissel look like she's masquerading as a reporter? I don't see it. Has CV2 been confused with Jason Portuondo? Hmmm. Bad example. :D

...as state-run media are a public relations arm of the governments they're controlled by... It's not a valid comparison IMO. All private companies have PR departments. They all protect their own turf to some degree but how has this effected the legitimate news/sports media? Unless you want to reveal something to me that I'm not aware of, my answer would be that it hasn't!

I'd also add that nations with state-run media (not to be confused with BBC or CBC who are able to distance themselves from their government funding masters) often will either shut down or bash into subservience their non-state run media competitors.

Has Mo sent the reserves to Cathal Kelly's place with axe handles to straighten him out? Did Ben Knight have his car blown up the other day and I missed it? Did MLSinToronto try to run over Bob McCowan with a zamboni? :p

Not any more.

Better than the alternative.

...only because that's the way they want it.OK man. I don't see it that way in the least (obviously).

cheers

B

James Oliphant
06-29-2008, 03:07 AM
I'm taking my response to private messages, Blizzard...as there are details I don't wish to disclose here.