PDA

View Full Version : World Soccer Magazine Article on Canada and TFC

TFC Via Buffalo
11-19-2010, 09:46 AM
Not sure if this was posted anywhere. World Soccer Magazine this month has their spotlight article on Canadian soccer this month. Thought I'd bring this to everyone's attention as it's a nice little write up about the CSA, TFC, Vancouver and Montreal. The best part though is a picture of 112 from the first "Go Green" game with the "I'd rather be jumping" and the MLSE fist with money 2 sticks. Here's the quote from the article about TFC:

"Adding insult to injury, Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE), the company which owns Toronto FC- along with the NBA's Toronto Raptors and the NHL's Toronto Maple Leafs- announced a rise in ticket prices for 2011, sparking an immediate and very vocal reaction.

Soon, the often-cited MLS model fans showed up at BMO Field with banners of discontent , delaying the renewal of their season tickets, forcing MLSE to send a letter of apology for the team's lack of results and a promise to review the price hike."

I really like the fact that the protest even got recognized in an international magazine and MLSE gets burned in a UK publication. It's a good read. I'd recommend trying to pick up the magazine. It's a pretty good one overall.

Macksam
11-19-2010, 11:50 AM
What does it say about Canadian soccer in general?

KdotOdot
11-19-2010, 11:55 AM
What does it say about Canadian soccer in general?

It says and I quote "LMFAO"

Assholes, I know.

Parkdale
11-19-2010, 11:58 AM
is there an online copy?

TFC Via Buffalo
11-19-2010, 06:54 PM
I'm going to scan it tomorrow unless that's frowned upon. I couldn't find an online version. It was pretty indifferent to the CSA. Said the passion is in place, but not the horses.