PDA

View Full Version : HELP: Refs wanted for Saturday morning!

Rudi
11-19-2010, 12:22 AM
Well, the Supporters Cup is Saturday morning and we've been refused by the OSA in our request for referees because it's not an "official" tournament (ie. they can't charge us any admin fees).

As such, we're now scrambling for refs.

If you have your ref badge(s) and would like to earn a little bit of cash Saturday morning, please PM me ASAP.

Some details:
- Tournament runs from 8:30am until around 4pm
- Games are small-sided (8v8) and 20-25 minutes each, meaning we only need one ref per match (instead of three).
- Standard indoor turf rules apply (no offsides, kick-ins rather than throw-ins, changes on the fly, etc.)

I need at least two more refs.

If you are interested and would like more details, send me a PM. You'd be doing ALL of the TFC supporters a huge service.

Thanks,
Rudi

(Mods, please leave this thread in this section until Saturday as I want the maximum number of people to see it. Thanks.)

Sullivan
11-19-2010, 10:24 AM
If you are successfull in finding "current & active" officials, let them dress the part but don't force them to wear the badge.

OSA & local OSRA branches (i.e. http://www.osratoronto.com/) all have the potential to be a militant and petty bunch, and when/if your Summit refs request their next assessment, and word's out he/she did non-sanctioned games while wearing the badge, it's a fail.

The OSA & OSRA can't stop, prevent or deny a person from refereeing, but they can/have and will discipline members for participating in non-sanctioned games.

Best to pursue folks who are not active members, and/or who have no intention of higher levels of officiating and won't be intimidated by the heavy handed tactics of the OSA, local OSRA, or the politicis of the district association.

Just sayin, ...

...hope all works out for the best...

Rudi
11-19-2010, 10:36 AM
If you are successfull in finding "current & active" officials, let them dress the part but don't force them to wear the badge.

OSA & local OSRA branches (i.e. http://www.osratoronto.com/) all have the potential to be a militant and petty bunch, and when/if your Summit refs request their next assessment, and word's out he/she did non-sanctioned games while wearing the badge, it's a fail.

The OSA & OSRA can't stop, prevent or deny a person from refereeing, but they can/have and will discipline members for participating in non-sanctioned games.

Best to pursue folks who are not active members, and/or who have no intention of higher levels of officiating and won't be intimidated by the heavy handed tactics of the OSA, local OSRA, or the politicis of the district association.

Just sayin, ...

Thanks for the tip. Maybe I'll advise them to just wear a solid coloured t-shirt with their ref strip (that's assuming I find refs).

Fuck the OSA!

Roogsy
11-19-2010, 10:52 AM
Dude if you need refs and the OSA has refused you...contact them independant of the OSA.

Also, you could touch base with the Athletes for Africa people (they do owe us) and ask them to provide you with a list of refs. And the DeRo guys run clinics with professional coaches, I am sure some of them have ref licences.

JonO
11-19-2010, 11:32 AM
Yeah - but they run clinics on Saturday.... just sayin'

Rudi
11-19-2010, 12:06 PM
Crisis averted!

Thanks for the help, y'all. See some of you tomorrow at the Supporters Cup!

AL-MO
11-19-2010, 12:12 PM

Just sayin, ...

I know its all fixed up, but what this guy said. ^ :D