PDA

View Full Version : Season Seats Sold out by Friday

Oldtimer
11-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Beirne: MLS Cup sold out; extremely limited season seats remaining

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?554-MLS-Cup-sold-out

Maybe the Red listers are snapping up what's remaining?

rocker
11-18-2010, 02:01 PM
hmmm... so the current post-townhall pricing is set at correct levels.

Stouffville_RPB
11-18-2010, 02:02 PM
http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?554-MLS-Cup-sold-out

Maybe the Red listers are snapping up what's remaining?

That's what I did. :D

menefreghista
11-18-2010, 02:07 PM
The MLS Cup IS NOT sold out.

woolly
11-18-2010, 02:16 PM
Beirne: MLS Cup sold out; extremely limited season seats remaining

Translation:

Beirne: We've dumped the rest of the MLS tickets on the cheap, the SSH's gave us enough money to cover our costs; remaining season seats are limited to dark grey, red, light blue and now include a 50ml blottle of lube

mastermixer
11-18-2010, 02:19 PM

I have to agree.. this may be a reverse psychology marketing tactic to make people think the game is some big exclusive event that everyone has to go to... There will be lots of empty seats.

Yagbod
11-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Thats funny, I just went on ticketmaster and there are still seats for sale....

Carts
11-18-2010, 02:31 PM

100% Correct...

Ticketmaster search for a single:
Section 123
Row 16
Seats 23
Description Price Level 6

Type Full Price Ticket
Price CA $200.25 x 1

= = = = =

Ticketmaster Search for a pair

Section 123Row 3
Seats 27 - 26
Description Price Level 6

Type
Full Price Ticket
Price
CA $200.25 x 2
Price Details

Carts
11-18-2010, 02:32 PM
Thats funny, I just went on ticketmaster and there are still seats for sale....

Great minds think alike!

Oldtimer
11-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Officials at TFC seem confident that the MLS Cup is or will soon be sold out. The claim has confused many as Ticketmaster searches are still bringing up plenty of seats. Just moments ago I was able to get eight in a row in section 225. It's hard to understand what benefit TFC would get by claiming that the game was sold out when it wasn't since it would drive fence sitters away from even looking, but there is a disconnect between what I was told yesterday and what Ticketmaster is telling me right now.

Perhaps there is an agreement in place to move all unsold seats to a single, corporate buyer if they have not been moved by a certain date. So, they have "sold" all the seats, but you can still buy them.

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?557-emptyseats

menefreghista
11-18-2010, 02:51 PM
http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?557-emptyseats

Looks like travelzoo will be having a sale soon....

Ossington Mental Youth
11-18-2010, 02:51 PM
my dude got a call yesterday and only bought the marlies ticket package this year

leafsman
11-18-2010, 03:03 PM
just bought my seasons, now i hope one of my friends takes the mls cup ticket lol

DangerRed
11-18-2010, 03:13 PM
100% Correct...

To say the least. I went on just now and searched for EIGHT in a row:

MLS Cup 2010

BMO Field, Toronto, ON
Sun, Nov 21, 2010 08:30 PM

Section
Row
Seats
Description
21 - 28
Price Level 10

Type
Full Price Ticket

Price
CA $88.25 x 8
Price Details (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)

https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/905/10m/origin.media.ticketmaster.com/tm/en-ca/img/sys/common_new/edp/icn_close.gif Price Details

Type
Full Price Ticket

Ticket Price
CA $80.00 x 8

Convenience Charge
CA $8.25 x 8

SUBTOTAL*
CA $706.00

EDIT: You can also get 6 in a row in 106 if you like.

Our definition of "sold out" is very different from MLSE's.

ensco
11-18-2010, 03:20 PM
Here's one thing I'd bet on: MLSE will put in a press release that there was a sellout at MLS Cup 2010.

Tim
11-18-2010, 04:18 PM
I just picked up tickets in 113 off ticketmaster which raises a few questions, how weren't these SSH tickets right in the middle of the supporters section? and how on earth can PB claim the game is sold out? Plenty of other tickets still popping up when I search

__wowza
11-18-2010, 04:40 PM
are we serious here?
let's call a spade a spade people.

they're lying.

i know they're lying.
you know they're lying.
/conversation about "finding plenty of tickets". you've found plenty of tickets because there are plenty of tickets left.

69Chevy396
11-18-2010, 04:49 PM
Available tickets will probably be pulled and comped out to family of players with Dallas/Colorado.
Also, I noticed some people posting here appear to be disinterested in the cup game, and seem only pleased by getting their season tickets. but having watched much of the mls playoffs, this might represent one of the best games we will see at BMO for a while. The quality of play in the playoffs far exceeded most TFC games this season, so I would recommend going to the game if you are a fan of soccer, makes no difference which team wins.

Flipityflu
11-18-2010, 04:50 PM
there's lying, and then theres stupid lying. it makes no sense whatsoever to claim something is sold out when it isn't.

i hope whoever got my season ticket seat enjoys it.

Technorgasm
11-18-2010, 04:57 PM
Im going to chug beer. . . not drink.. .

im fact.
I plan on SHOTGUNNING a beer at gate 1 - 45 mins before kick off.
I intend to break the law. the Liquor llaw by Spoking a hole in teh bottom of a can of beer and then putting the top to my lips and popping the top. . .

it tastes so fuckking good when it hits your lips.

RPB Shotgunn party - gate 1

__wowza
11-18-2010, 05:11 PM
there's lying, and then theres stupid lying. it makes no sense whatsoever to claim something is sold out when it isn't.

i hope whoever got my season ticket seat enjoys it.

i remember hearing richard pryor tell this joke about what to do if your wife/girlfriend catches you cheating on her. it was something along the lines of:

"if your wife catches you cheating you lie. you lie and you don't stop lying until you believe it. you lie with so much conviction that she starts to believe that you believe it. she'll believe that you believe it so much that she's gonna starting thinking she's the one whose doing crazy shit. she could walk in on you while you're fucking, she'd say 'baby, how could you!' and you just gotta look her dead in the eye, keep fucking that girl you're with.. look her dead in the eye and say 'baby? what you talking about? i'm here alone, i was just having a nap!'"

that's what this is.

Yagbod
11-18-2010, 05:12 PM

im fact.
I intend to break the law. the Liquor llaw by Spoking a hole in teh bottom of a can of beer and then putting the top to my lips and popping the top. . .

Amen to that.

drewski
11-18-2010, 08:28 PM
have to say I was quite shiocked yesterday to get an email saying I can get ST's (light blue, dark grey and red).

sadly this red lister won't be getting any now that i'm in Ottawa and the prospects of selling tickets isn't that certain these days

TFC Cityboy
11-18-2010, 08:53 PM
add to that 241 sets of tickets on account manager...gotta think most of those that don't sell will no-show. There will be gaps all over the place, and if it goes to ET/penalties how many will run for the GO Trains? Even if not, many will leave early for that reason, meaning the trophy presentation may well resemble TFC lifting the Nutrilite Cup at the House of Cheese.

Whoever decided to play this on a sunday night needs fuckin' shooting!

sully
11-18-2010, 09:02 PM
^^agree with you about this Sunday business being just stupid. My guess is that they wanted to imitate an American football tradition of having the superbowl final on a Sunday...

jvanpeebles
11-18-2010, 09:21 PM

im fact.

I am all for making this a pregame tradition for every season game. this way I won't have to drinke in the parking lot!!

moralis
11-18-2010, 09:28 PM
I have read many posts about people complaining about everything that surrounds MLS Cup 2010, from the teams that are playing to the time and day of the game. You guys sound like girls complaining about little things. If you have tickets go and enjoy the game, it's a final, the players on both Colorado and Dallas might not be stars, but they play attractive attacking football with Dallas having Davide Ferreira, Atiba Harris and TO reject Jeff Cunnignham, for Colorado they have Omar Cummings, Pablo Mastroeni and TO reject Conor Casey. In addition, we get to see at least with me a TFC fan favourite in Marvell Wynne.

I believe the game will be entertaining with many chances for both teams and I predict the weather will be clear, but of course cold. Therefore, I ask everyone who has a ticket to please go and enjoy your selves. I know, I will.

Cheers

TFC Cityboy
11-18-2010, 10:04 PM
I have read many posts about people complaining about everything that surrounds MLS Cup 2010, from the teams that are playing to the time and day of the game. You guys sound like girls complaining about little things. If you have tickets go and enjoy the game, it's a final, the players on both Colorado and Dallas might not be stars, but they play attractive attacking football with Dallas having Davide Ferreira, Atiba Harris and TO reject Jeff Cunnignham, for Colorado they have Omar Cummings, Pablo Mastroeni and TO reject Conor Casey. In addition, we get to see at least with me a TFC fan favourite in Marvell Wynne.

I believe the game will be entertaining with many chances for both teams and I predict the weather will be clear, but of course cold. Therefore, I ask everyone who has a ticket to please go and enjoy your selves. I know, I will.

Cheers
I'm off to play in my doll's house

ginkster88
11-19-2010, 09:33 AM
Night game, mid-November by the lake, Colorado and Dallas, same start time as NY Giants vs. Philadelphia Eagles, Championship game for a league the city stopped following in early August. Explain to me how this is sold out?

JonO
11-19-2010, 09:51 AM
Meh - not sure why everyone is complaining about the weather. I went to World Cup games that were colder in a country where people don't generally own winter coats. No one complained about the weather...

dow117
11-19-2010, 09:55 AM
I just picked up tickets in 113 off ticketmaster which raises a few questions, how weren't these SSH tickets right in the middle of the supporters section? and how on earth can PB claim the game is sold out? Plenty of other tickets still popping up when I search

Why r u buying off tickemaster when the RPB boards are full of members selling , in some cases way below face ???

P-NUTZ
11-19-2010, 10:11 AM
im gonna get loaded and enjoy some good live footie. it's not these two teams fault tfc suks shit and it's cold. good for them for getting this far.

scooter
11-19-2010, 10:33 AM
its going to be a great game and for sure something you dont want to miss
dress warm get liquered and come to scream your lungs out

WE NEED TO SHOW THE OUT OF TOWNERS THAT TORONTO IS SERIOUS ABOUT THEIR FOOTBALL

SO COME ON RPB" S LETS HEAR IT

anybody going to cheer for marvel and his team ?

tfcmanu
11-19-2010, 11:29 AM
Sunday
Nov. 21 http://www.redpatchboys.ca/common/images/web/wicons/m.gif

Weather : http://www.theweathernetwork.com/fourteenday/caon1761/table

High 7 Low 3 Cloudy with Showers - seriously not bad

Ben - D.O.W.
11-19-2010, 11:45 AM
im gonna get loaded and enjoy some good live footie.

Can't really argue with that. I wouldn't necessarily picked up tickets for this if it was an option, but it wasn't so I might as well bring some friends and make a night out of it.

drewski
11-19-2010, 12:25 PM
Meh - not sure why everyone is complaining about the weather. I went to World Cup games that were colder in a country where people don't generally own winter coats. No one complained about the weather...

not a great comparison. the WC draws a slightly bigger crowd and interest so people are willing to put up with a lot more.

C.Ronaldo
11-19-2010, 12:47 PM
electric socks and thermal underwear go a long way