PDA

View Full Version : MLS Cup Final Sold Out?

prizby
11-17-2010, 10:07 PM
sorry if this was posted elsewhere

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/soccer/mls/2010-11-16-playoff-format_N.htm

"Sunday's MLS Cup at BMO Field (http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/BMO+Field), home of Toronto FC (http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/Organizations/Sports+Leagues/MLS/Toronto+FC), is sold out with an expected crowd of 21,000."

CretanBull
11-17-2010, 10:09 PM
It might be sold out, but I wouldn't expect a crowd of 21,000....

menefreghista
11-17-2010, 10:24 PM
Its not sold out.

If it was there wouldn't be tickets available on ticketmaster.

Sure, it might be close to selling out, but I don't know what's the point about lying about that?

romburgundy
11-17-2010, 10:33 PM
Sold out? not yet check this out

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/search/?areaID=25&subAreaID=&query=mls+cup&catAbb=sss

kodiakTFC
11-17-2010, 10:48 PM

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/search/?areaID=25&subAreaID=&query=mls+cup&catAbb=sss

I still can't believe I actually sold my three tickets for face on craigslist.

habstfc
11-17-2010, 11:48 PM
Anselmi was on prime time sports tonight on the FAN 590, even he confirmed they weren't sold out.

ilikemusic
11-18-2010, 12:57 AM
Ya, its sold out just like every home game was sold out this year.

Auzzy
11-18-2010, 04:05 AM
The game isn't sold out, not even close. Here's the status as of 7:30pm last night: http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=1167752#post1167752

Maybe things have changed a bit in the last few hours, but not that much.

DOMIN8R
11-18-2010, 06:12 AM
At the 90 minute event last night - TFC staff and management confimed that there were plenty of tickets left for sale.

menefreghista
11-18-2010, 09:04 AM
Just noticed that the MLS Cup is now listed on the official team ticket exchange. And there are already 208 requests to sell tickets. Which means there are probably about 300-500 tickets available.

The interesting thing is that they are being listed at the cost to season ticket holders, not face value. Even TFC FO realizes they are going to have an awfully hard time moving these.

TFC Cityboy
11-18-2010, 09:20 AM
wouldn't be shocked if people were dragged out of the Everything about Sex exhibition at the Direct Energy Centre and given free tickets to the final.

:)

Mark in Ottawa
11-18-2010, 09:36 AM
Define "sold out". MLS & ML$E may be done holding tickets which to them is a sell out.
Tickets listed for re-sale by the ticket holders doesn't change that.

It is just a case of "Lies, Damn Lies & Statistics".

Fort York Redcoat
11-18-2010, 09:51 AM
I'm not sure the benefit of lying here. If any Americans wanted to go and read this paper they just shot themselves in the foot since it's so easy to get tix.

C.Ronaldo
11-18-2010, 09:57 AM
i think it will still be a good event

great band before the game to pump people up and high scoring FCD.

give it a chance people, playoff anything is more exciting

March madness basketball is terrible, but people still get excited about that

menefreghista
11-18-2010, 10:06 AM
great band before the game to pump people up and high scoring FCD.

Really? Matthew Good? To pump people up? I couldn't be more underwhelmed.

Pachuco
11-18-2010, 10:09 AM

I'm not sure how people selling tickets on craiglist proves that the event isn't sold out. It just proves there are people who bought tickets. that's about it.

Anyways, I just checked ticketmaster and there are definately tickets available. As long as ticketcrapper has tickets available the even is not sold out.

Fort York Redcoat
11-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Really? Matthew Good? To pump people up? I couldn't be more underwhelmed.

They could not have picked a band better suited to the task. They may not be your cuppa but he's more footie than any other band in this country.

That's not to say I want to see the Hip perform during the Stanley cup finals.

menefreghista
11-18-2010, 10:15 AM
They could not have picked a band better suited to the task. They may not be your cuppa but he's more footie than any other band in this country.

That's not to say I want to see the Hip perform during the Stanley cup finals.

I don't mind him as a performer, but wasn't he big 13 years ago? Well, as big as a Canadian alternative rock artist can be.

Fort York Redcoat
11-18-2010, 10:36 AM
^that's true but give him props. He did a free concert at that height of his career because his football team won the Prem. I'm actually gonna watch a halftime show for once.

Shakes McQueen
11-18-2010, 10:43 AM
Doesn't surprise me that there are still tickets available. It's a perfect storm for failure.

You have two teams without much fan support, playing in a location that is about as geographically far away as possible from either market, outside the United States, in front of a bunch of people who are extremely disgruntled and unenthusiastic about their own team let alone the rest of the league.

What a disaster.

- Scott

Heathen
11-18-2010, 10:50 AM
I don't mind him as a performer, but wasn't he big 13 years ago? Well, as big as a Canadian alternative rock artist can be.

Based on his photo on wikipedia he's a lot bigger now than I remember him

J .
11-18-2010, 10:52 AM
MLSE is going to give tickets away to sponsers and everyone to try to get people in.

The fact is they priced the casual fan out, or even the supporter who wants to go, but not pay 60 bones for teams they dont care about after a horrible season from the home side.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/othersports/2010/11/17/16194361.html

The prices are out of fucking whack.

MLSE needs to stop thinking this is Toronto, so we are going to give Leafs or Raptors pricing. I hope theres barely 10,000 there and MLSE is left with massive egg on their face.

They need to realize this isn't high end pricing, the draw is its an affordable fun atmosphere, but they are too blinded by the greed to see that.

Thrillos
11-18-2010, 11:07 AM
I am not going, and not going to sell my tickets, so 4 seats will be empty, as well as the 3 of my cousins seats beside me. So there's 7 empty, makes me feel like I can take a shot back at MLSE for the bull shit i've had to put up with from the lately.

nfitz
11-18-2010, 11:20 AM
Not sure why anyone is saying it's sold out.

If you go to Ticketmaster there's availability in every section (though only singles in Yellow). And 8 together in light-grey and medium-grey (didn't check for 8 any higher).

Far from sold out.

Oldtimer
11-18-2010, 11:36 AM
They need to realize this isn't high end pricing, the draw is its an affordable fun atmosphere, but they are too blinded by the greed to see that.

What people don't realize is that the MLS Cup prices were set by the league, not ML$E.

They probably priced it expecting Henry vs. Beckham for the final.

habstfc
11-18-2010, 11:53 AM
In all fairness not being sold out doesn't mean there are thousands of tickets left. Sure there might be hundreds but it's not like there are going to be thousands of empty seats. I don't understand the logic of not showing up because thats' you're way of protesting to mlse. They've already got your money if you renewed your seats. I say show up and show the league and it's supporters that toronto is still the place to be when it comes to soccer, even though this is probably the worst matchup the league could have envisioned, at least through a marketing standpoint. I'll be there, freezing my ass off.

jloome
11-18-2010, 12:00 PM
Based on his photo on wikipedia he's a lot bigger now than I remember him

Got in a public pissing match with him a couple of years ago that went on for a couple of weeks. Believe me, his ego is larger than any wiki entry could hold.

He's also really fragile emotionally. Very intelligent though, very creative.

Fort York Redcoat
11-18-2010, 12:07 PM
I am not going, and not going to sell my tickets, so 4 seats will be empty, as well as the 3 of my cousins seats beside me. So there's 7 empty, makes me feel like I can take a shot back at MLSE for the bull shit i've had to put up with from the lately.

I'll make sure to tell them why you couldn't bother to make it. Which is important because they'll probably just think you're a pansy and can't take the cold.;)

TFCRegina
11-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Got in a public pissing match with him a couple of years ago that went on for a couple of weeks. Believe me, his ego is larger than any wiki entry could hold.

Someone got in a public pissing match with Matt Good...nah

menefreghista
11-18-2010, 12:20 PM
What people don't realize is that the MLS Cup prices were set by the league, not ML$E.

They probably priced it expecting Henry vs. Beckham for the final.

I highly doubt MLSE had no say in the matter.

This sound like an excuse. Like when Paul Beirne claims he personally can't do anything about the prices.

Heathen
11-18-2010, 12:48 PM

Drunken hecklers wanted

torontocelt
11-18-2010, 03:40 PM
Just noticed that the MLS Cup is now listed on the official team ticket exchange. And there are already 208 requests to sell tickets. Which means there are probably about 300-500 tickets available.

The interesting thing is that they are being listed at the cost to season ticket holders, not face value. Even TFC FO realizes they are going to have an awfully hard time moving these.

Is this on account manager as I do not have access to buying tickets?

menefreghista
11-18-2010, 03:42 PM

Yes. Its on the account manager.

Ben - D.O.W.
11-18-2010, 03:43 PM

Yeah I believe he's talking about the Account Manager 'Ticket Exchange' - there are tons of tickets available on there.

CommradePolski
11-18-2010, 04:17 PM
Technically, those were already sold to people. So they can potentially count to tickets being sold out.

ilikemusic
11-18-2010, 05:46 PM

Wow.

Thats a literal 'fuck load' of tickets being sold off.

I will be so fucking happy if attendance is in the 10-15K range.

moralis
11-18-2010, 09:33 PM
I have read many posts about people complaining about everything that surrounds MLS Cup 2010, from the teams that are playing to the time and day of the game. You guys sound like girls complaining about little things. If you have tickets go and enjoy the game, it's a final, the players on both Colorado and Dallas might not be stars, but they play attractive attacking football with Dallas having Davide Ferreira, Atiba Harris and TO reject Jeff Cunnignham, for Colorado they have Omar Cummings, Pablo Mastroeni and TO reject Conor Casey. In addition, we get to see at least with me a TFC fan favourite in Marvell Wynne.

I believe the game will be entertaining with many chances for both teams and I predict the weather will be clear, but of course cold. Therefore, I ask everyone who has a ticket to please go and enjoy your selves. I know, I will.

Cheers

Section 110
11-19-2010, 07:49 AM
I have read many posts about people complaining about everything that surrounds MLS Cup 2010, from the teams that are playing to the time and day of the game. You guys sound like girls complaining about little things. If you have tickets go and enjoy the game, it's a final, the players on both Colorado and Dallas might not be stars, but they play attractive attacking football with Dallas having Davide Ferreira, Atiba Harris and TO reject Jeff Cunnignham, for Colorado they have Omar Cummings, Pablo Mastroeni and TO reject Conor Casey. In addition, we get to see at least with me a TFC fan favourite in Marvell Wynne.

I believe the game will be entertaining with many chances for both teams and I predict the weather will be clear, but of course cold. Therefore, I ask everyone who has a ticket to please go and enjoy your selves. I know, I will.

Cheers

As much as I appreciate the weather prediction and the unwarranted scolding, I will not be at the game, and it has little to do with the forecast, or the teams playing or people like you shaming me. It has to do with the way that MLSE has treated us fans. They deserve an empty stadium, still, despite their backtracking with the prices and the home opener. The fact remains that they jacked ticket prices after an abysmal season. The fact remains that they forced us to buy MLS Cup tickets once it was certain that TFC would not be participating. So, Moralis, with all due respect, and despite being a little pansy girl complaining about little and insignificant things, I won't be in attendance. I hope that's okay with you.

Cheers.

Fort York Redcoat
11-19-2010, 08:15 AM

As much as I appreciate the weather prediction and the unwarranted scolding, I will not be at the game, and it has little to do with the forecast, or the teams playing or people like you shaming me. It has to do with the way that MLSE has treated us fans. They deserve an empty stadium, still, despite their backtracking with the prices and the home opener. The fact remains that they jacked ticket prices after an abysmal season. The fact remains that they forced us to buy MLS Cup tickets once it was certain that TFC would not be participating. So, Moralis, with all due respect, and despite being a little pansy girl complaining about little and insignificant things, I won't be in attendance. I hope that's okay with you.

Cheers.

BMO won't be empty. People there will enjoy themselves. The shame on MLSE you desire will be pushed back on the league due to poor marketing and back to MLSE from the league for not knowing their market.

This may be the last final given to a city not in the match for quite some time. You can take some of the credit for that. Unfortunately, history is more likely to simply blame the city, our city, even the country instead of our clubs owners.

But you're making a point. I'm not sure what reaction you'll view as positive out of this private protest since all the changes to our ticket packages are done with.

See ya next year, though!

GBV
11-19-2010, 10:48 AM

Cheers

I will too.
But I don't think it's unfair to gripe about the ridiculous start time, given the weather and the day. If there are empty seats, it will have more to do with that than who is playing. For my $.

moralis
11-19-2010, 01:32 PM
Hi Guys,

Sorry to those that were offended by my comments, I understand by your feedback the reasons people are not going and I will not start debating all of those who are not going. I just hope there is a sell out and that people enjoy the experience. Maybe soon MLS can change their rules and have the best-seeded team going into the playoffs the advantage in hosting the final and hopefully Toronto FC can be there. That would be an amazing thing for our city and take soccer to new heights.

Cheers

Roogsy
11-19-2010, 01:46 PM

QFT...

GBV
11-19-2010, 01:51 PM

He's actually a lot bigger today than he was then.
OK that was offside.:picard::picard:

Section 110
11-19-2010, 02:04 PM
BMO won't be empty. People there will enjoy themselves. The shame on MLSE you desire will be pushed back on the league due to poor marketing and back to MLSE from the league for not knowing their market.

This may be the last final given to a city not in the match for quite some time. You can take some of the credit for that. Unfortunately, history is more likely to simply blame the city, our city, even the country instead of our clubs owners.

But you're making a point. I'm not sure what reaction you'll view as positive out of this private protest since all the changes to our ticket packages are done with.

See ya next year, though!

I'm not looking to make change to our season ticket packages; I'm well aware of what we "achieved". Let's be honest - it wasn't much. This isn't about a positive reaction, either. It's about what I can stomach. I was forced to buy the Cup ticket if I wanted to renew; so were you. I'm not okay with that, so I'm not going. They got their money, but there will be two empty seats. To be honest I'm still not sure that renewing wasn't the same as surrendering, but I love the team. It's not an easy situation but ultimately it's about how much we can, as a group of people or as individuals, put up with.

If I'd been given the option to go, I'd be freezing my butt off out there with everyone else, but I wasn't. That's all.

As far as taking credit for the last final given to a city not in the match? That's fine with me. One of the teams participating should host it; it makes sense financially for the teams and the league, not to mention the fans. Give it to a team that's earned it.

I'm adding this edit because I don't want to sound like a jerk. I guess I'm surprised by how quickly everyone folded up their tents after having some chicken wings with Tom Anselmi and being promised a price freeze, etc. It still really irks me how we've been treated, given that they had no idea how successful this thing would be. The success of this franchise, just like the Leafs, has nothing to do with their management of the team. Both franchises are successful in spite of the poor management decisions and terrible teams. Any other place and these guys wouldn't have jobs.

So, I'm sorry if the tone of my posts hasn't been kind. I'm still pissed off about the whole thing. Have fun at the final whoever goes. I hope Marvell scores a goal.

Cheers.