PDA

View Full Version : Waiting List: Red

Stouffville_RPB
11-16-2010, 01:08 PM
Just got the email from TFC

They are onto the Red listers now. :scarf:

shwade
11-16-2010, 01:34 PM
so they really aren't selling too many tickets are they? Anyone know where the % is at?

redmissy9
11-16-2010, 01:34 PM
Just got mine as well

Only offering red, dark grey and light blue seats

__wowza
11-16-2010, 01:39 PM
weird, when'd you get the email?

Pookie
11-16-2010, 01:40 PM
I can give you some inside scoop.

Dark Greys
106 - some pairs
107 and 108 - some pairs
109 - Only sets of 3
222-224 - some pairs

Light Blue, Dark Blue and Red
Fairly decent selection

leafsman
11-16-2010, 02:19 PM
got one too, if you pass do you go to the bottom of list? dont really want to pay for the stupid mls cup

Red Rat
11-16-2010, 02:21 PM
What is after red?
pink?
and after pink?
I bet all these people will get a call

nfitz
11-16-2010, 02:37 PM
What is after red?After red, they stop and have the MLS Cup.

Then I'd guess they'd try and sell Red and Light Blue packages without MLS Cup ... presumably at the same time as Gold List and Red list partial packs sales in December.

Auzzy
11-16-2010, 04:06 PM
I wonder if the pricing might be different after the Cup...? I.e., you don't have to pay for the Cup anymore of course, but you do have to pay for the home opener (which is "free" in the packages currently being sold).

nfitz
11-16-2010, 04:12 PM
I wonder if the pricing might be different after the Cup...? I.e., you don't have to pay for the Cup anymore of course, but you do have to pay for the home opener (which is "free" in the packages currently being sold).The home opener isn't free with the packages currently being sold. If you look at the current price list (http://www.goltv.ca/assets/1/AssetManager/2011 Renewal Pricing and Seating Chart - REVISED NOV 1.pdf), you'll see that a yellow season renewal was $376 while the new season price is $433.

If you look at the price list before they announced the first game free (http://www.torontofc.ca/renew/pdf/2011_Renewal_Pricing_and_Seating_Chart_Oct_13.pdf) you'll see that the the yellow season renewal was $395 compared to $433 for the new season price.

The free home opener was only for renewals.

Auzzy
11-16-2010, 04:33 PM
^ Oh, good point.

kaos197O
11-16-2010, 05:23 PM
The home opener isn't free with the packages currently being sold. If you look at the current price list (http://www.goltv.ca/assets/1/AssetManager/2011%20Renewal%20Pricing%20and%20Seating%20Chart%2 0-%20REVISED%20NOV%201.pdf), you'll see that a yellow season renewal was $376 while the new season price is $433.

If you look at the price list before they announced the first game free (http://www.torontofc.ca/renew/pdf/2011_Renewal_Pricing_and_Seating_Chart_Oct_13.pdf) you'll see that the the yellow season renewal was $395 compared to $433 for the new season price.

The free home opener was only for renewals.
Actually the current price list reflects the fact that the additional CCL game was removed. There will still be a reimbursement of sorts for the Home Opener. This applies to the people who renewed and those SSH's who picked up extra seats as far as I understand. As for those who are new, it is a question that could be asked to the rep when buying seats.

nfitz
11-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Actually the current price list reflects the fact that the additional CCL game was removed. There will still be a reimbursement of sorts for the Home Opener. This applies to the people who renewed and those SSH's who picked up extra seats as far as I understand. As for those who are new, it is a question that could be asked to the rep when buying seats.

The current (November 1st) price list (http://www.goltv.ca/assets/1/AssetManager/2011%20Renewal%20Pricing%20and%20Seating%20Chart%2 0-%20REVISED%20NOV%201.pdf) reflects both the free home opener and the CCL game being removed. The price list before they announced the first game free (October 13) (http://www.torontofc.ca/renew/pdf/2011_Renewal_Pricing_and_Seating_Chart_Oct_13.pdf) reflected only the CCL game being removed.

There's also the orginal (September) price list (http://www.goltv.ca/assets/1/AssetManager/2011%20Renewal%20Pricing%20and%20Seating%20Chart%2 0Final.pdf) they announced which included the 2 CCL games.

It's quite clear that the new ticket sales don't get the free home opener. The cost difference between renewals and new seasons was $38 (at all price levels) for the original (September) and October pricing. In November the difference is $57 for yellow, $59 for light grey, $72 at medium grey ... etc. The standard $38 new season surcharge plus the cost of one regular game (i.e. the home opener).

The new season price on the November pricing for light grey is listed at $475, and that's exactly what I paid on Saturday (though the invoice said $38 for "MLS Cup 2010" and $437 for "2011 Toronto FC Season").

zeelaw
11-16-2010, 06:32 PM
Got the e-mail too. I'm still unsure, I wanna see whats left over

FCInter
11-17-2010, 05:45 PM
This may be a stupid question but I will ask it anyways. If you purchase a season ticket package do you get 2 seats or is just for a single seat?

JonO
11-17-2010, 05:52 PM
The price is per seat. You can buy up to 4 seats in a "package", depending on availability, obviously

sully
11-17-2010, 05:54 PM
This may be a stupid question but I will ask it anyways. If you purchase a season ticket package do you get 2 seats or is just for a single seat?

A season ticket package can be for 1 ticket, 2 tickets, 3 tickets and on and on. Depends what you want and what you pay for.

zeelaw
11-17-2010, 06:02 PM
If I skip on getting fulls, what are the chances you think of me getting partials still?

Sullivan
11-17-2010, 06:03 PM
My nephew joined the red list in October, during the town halls.

He got the invite today!

He's going to go after a pair in a partial pack, maybe.

Azerban
11-17-2010, 06:08 PM

He got the invite today!

well that should be the last word on the length of the waiting list

peterboroughtfcfan
11-17-2010, 06:10 PM

He got the invite today!

If that is true that dispells the myth that the waiting list was 14,000 people long.

Your nephew would be very low on whatever list they have and if they've got to him that means they must have exhausted most of that list.

Time to start rebuilding a fan/SSH base.

sully
11-17-2010, 06:10 PM

He got the invite today!

Well well, what does this say about the famous, and often quoted, 16,000 (or was it 18,000) waiting list...

ArmenJBX
11-17-2010, 06:18 PM
Yeah, I got an email just asking if I was even interested in the possibility of buying one :P

I hit yes, but MLSE, if you're reading this, be warned....If...IF...I'm offered partial packs with marlies tickets, I will buy a Vancouver Whitecaps jersey and move to the other side of Canada.

Okay, fine, I lied. Vuck Fancouver :P

But still.

NO MARLIES!

Auzzy
11-17-2010, 06:28 PM
Yeah, I got an email just asking if I was even interested in the possibility of buying one :P

I hit yes, but MLSE, if you're reading this, be warned....If...IF...I'm offered partial packs with marlies tickets, I will buy a Vancouver Whitecaps jersey and move to the other side of Canada.

Okay, fine, I lied. Vuck Fancouver :P

But still.

NO MARLIES!

The ticket rep handling us gold listers on Sunday told me that the Marlies packs are gone. They will be offering half-season TFC-only packs.

ArmenJBX
11-17-2010, 06:37 PM
:O

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_MzV3RagUU_g/TG2TxxC0tZI/AAAAAAAAATc/Ti1Hf8Fyqzg/s320/gil-head-explode-again.gif

Sullivan
11-17-2010, 06:41 PM
well that should be the last word on the length of the waiting list

Agreed.

I'm meeting up with someone tomorrow who joined the red list in September. I'll ask him if he got his invite.

SweetOwnGoal
11-17-2010, 06:43 PM
Beirne just told me that they expect to have sold out all 18,000 season seats by Friday. He also said the MLS Cup is sold out.

The percentage number I've heard (not from Beirne) right now is 95-98% sold.

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?554-MLS-Cup-sold-out

Auzzy
11-17-2010, 07:22 PM
Beirne just told me that they expect to have sold out all 18,000 season seats by Friday. He also said the MLS Cup is sold out.

The percentage number I've heard (not from Beirne) right now is 95-98% sold.

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?554-MLS-Cup-sold-out

Hmmm, I don't believe it. MLS Cup isn't sold out. Not even close. On Ticketmaster, I can still buy four seats together at just about any price level: light grey ($56 each), mid grey ($80 each), dark grey ($120 each), and red ($152 each). I can still buy singles in the south end ($52) and in Club ($192).

In fact, I can still buy 8 seats together in light grey & mid grey at least. No way that would be possible if it was anywhere close to sold out -- then I would expect at most singles & pairs in a few price classes.

In light of that, I have a hard time believing the stats on season ticket sales as well. They might just be hyping up both numbers, in hopes of pressuring some folks who are still on the fence: "Quick quick buy now before it's too late."

EDIT: Actually I'm sure MLS Cup is almost sold out. That's why someone should quickly purchase the single ticket I'm offering at half of face value in the ticket trader thread. Quick quick before it's too late. :D

nfitz
11-17-2010, 07:38 PM
If I skip on getting fulls, what are the chances you think of me getting partials still?Depends on how far you are down on red. What did they offer you last year? There were Marlie packs left at the end of Red List last year.

Given how many Gold moved to full seasons, I'd expect that many in Red will get Partial packs ... and there's some indication that none will include Marlie tickets this year.

v5_
11-17-2010, 07:46 PM
I am a current season ticket holder who sold my 2011 tickets for cash already. I suspected this MASSIVE waiting list that TFC keeps telling us exists was complete bull, so I added myself to the list about 3 weeks ago...

I got the email today.

This week we finalized the graduation of the GOLD Waiting List into full season seats. Here is the good news; we have a very limited selection of 2011 season tickets and we are making them available to you, as one of our earliest members of the RED Waiting List.

Earliest member huh? Three weeks ago makes me early?

DONT BELIEVE THE MLSE LIES, seasons tickets will be readily available going forward. I wish I had dropped my season tickets this year out of spite - but I believed TFC's scare tactics and was afraid to drop them. Sad.

MartinUtd
11-17-2010, 07:52 PM
I am a current season ticket holder who sold my 2011 tickets for cash already. I suspected this MASSIVE waiting list that TFC keeps telling us exists was complete bull, so I added myself to the list about 3 weeks ago...

I got the email today.

Earliest member huh? Three weeks ago makes me early?

DONT BELIEVE THE MLSE LIES, seasons tickets will be readily available going forward. I wish I had dropped my season tickets this year out of spite - but I believed TFC's scare tactics and was afraid to drop them. Sad.

I'm sure if/when they get things right and actually put out a competitive team, things will turn around from a demand perspective. I reluctantly renewed my seasons but I'm already glad for it. I got my money back for the MLS final tickets so I don't feel quite as ripped off as I once did.

nfitz
11-17-2010, 07:59 PM
DONT BELIEVE THE MLSE LIES, seasons tickets will be readily available going forward. I wish I had dropped my season tickets this year out of spite - but I believed TFC's scare tactics and was afraid to drop them. Sad.There's certainly no pairs available cheaper than light blue. What level are you?

TFC Bhoy
11-18-2010, 08:29 PM
I got this email last night too, then tonight got another one telling me that i have 2 hours starting at 10am tomorrow to purchase season seats from what's available

Stouffville_RPB
11-19-2010, 08:27 AM
ya i got myself a pair yesterday. glad i never bought one of the ransom packs to get onto the gold list.

TOBOR !
11-19-2010, 09:28 AM
ya i got myself a pair yesterday. glad i never bought one of the ransom packs to get onto the gold list.

Being on the Gold list may have afforded you a wider selection from which to choose. Perhaps even the chance to snag light greys (if you got onto it early enough).

Ben - D.O.W.
11-19-2010, 09:49 AM
I got my money back for the MLS final tickets so I don't feel quite as ripped off as I once did.

You *gasp* sold your MLS Cup tickets? Wow one of the lucky few. I'm going to the game Sunday but between my pair and my buddy who is coming with me's pair we're definitely getting stuck with 2.

Pookie
11-19-2010, 05:03 PM
I think people are confusing the wait list with the new process they have.

Last few years they worked their way down the lists offering season tickets or partials to the next person in line. Many gold listers passed on the expensive season tickets to pick up a partial pack in cheaper sections (myself included)

This year, they are selling off their seasons first before offering the partials. They will go back to the gold list for first crack at partials.

My guess is that they've set aside half season partials in all sections but it stands to reason that if the expensive sections are having trouble moving those will be the most likely packages available.

Those that would have fallen in line for a Marlies pack can likely expect to get a "Red or Dark Blue Pack" in exchange. Probably a comparable overall cost but certainly a higher per TFC game price.

Huyton
12-13-2010, 03:53 PM
Gold list partial packs are being offered tomorrow - December 14th - according to an email I got today.

Less than 24 hours notice. I'm not sure if I should be happy that I'm close to the top of the list, or appalled at their lack of organizational skills.

I just hope my boss hasn't scheduled a meeting during my appointment time.