PDA

View Full Version : INPUT NEEDED: here's a thought

__wowza
11-15-2010, 03:12 PM
alright.

so i've posted two threads on bigsoccer answering questions for any colorado/dallas fans who're coming up here for the game. i've been contacted by one of the supporters groups (and a few independent fans) about local watering holes close to the field. as we all know, there aren't any (sans Joes/Brazen/one other one that i can't remember).

what do you think about the possibility of extending the olive branch to some of these folks going and inviting them to joe's pre-game? it'd be a shame to have them dick around somewhere else in the city and then leave an hour early to get to the game on time when there's an affordable bar a 10 minute walk from the field.

would this help us build a relationship with other SGs?
would they think the walk there is too sketchy?
would it be too hard to foster a friendly environment?
is joe's a "sacred, stay the fuck out" location?

personally, if there aren't going to be any issues and a zero tolerance policy for anyone who decides to get too uppity, i'd love to have everyone drink and then head to the field together, but i was just looking for input.
thoughts?

Red Rat
11-15-2010, 03:21 PM
I think that they should be invited to Joe's, if it was another team (Pink Cows here then nope) but they have been a good bunch of people, specially Rapids fans

TOBOR !
11-15-2010, 03:23 PM
Do it - I'm sure 'Joe' would appreciate the business.

razor787
11-15-2010, 03:28 PM
Do it. No problem from me with either clubs fans. Would love to meet a few of them. Would be good to have a nice argument over the MLS with someone who isn't a TFC fan

Red Rat
11-15-2010, 03:33 PM
just make sure that they leave their pretty women behind

Roogsy
11-15-2010, 03:34 PM
Not a TFC game-day...Shoeless Joe's should be open to all soccer fans. I say do it.

Fort York Redcoat
11-15-2010, 03:37 PM
Exactly. If anybody's going this weekend it ain't for TFC. At least they'll find footie folk to talk about the cup and the like.

Technorgasm
11-15-2010, 03:40 PM
alright.

so i've posted two threads on bigsoccer answering questions for any colorado/dallas fans who're coming up here for the game. i've been contacted by one of the supporters groups (and a few independent fans) about local watering holes close to the field. as we all know, there aren't any (sans Joes/Brazen/one other one that i can't remember).

what do you think about the possibility of extending the olive branch to some of these folks going and inviting them to joe's pre-game? it'd be a shame to have them dick around somewhere else in the city and then leave an hour early to get to the game on time when there's an affordable bar a 10 minute walk from the field.

would this help us build a relationship with other SGs?
would they think the walk there is too sketchy?
would it be too hard to foster a friendly environment?
is joe's a "sacred, stay the fuck out" location?

personally, if there aren't going to be any issues and a zero tolerance policy for anyone who decides to get too uppity, i'd love to have everyone drink and then head to the field together, but i was just looking for input.
thoughts?

way to take the initiative!
many RPBS, Usector ect have tried to coordinate to help incoming fans with social activities both for game day and for the Saturday night.

Please, spread the word about Joes. . . Im sure we will welcoem all that come.
the Sat night, I think shoudl be posted in theopen forum.

I myself woudlike to invite any travellign fans out on the Sat night to a guestlist set up at MOD CLUB.

its a uk Pop night and footy supports a=mroe than welcome.
Ill post about it tonight,

Yagbod
11-15-2010, 03:47 PM
I thought the whole point of the Supporters Summit was to gather visiting fans together (i.e. Joe's on Saturday night)?

Anyway, you have a great idea for the Sunday pre-drink-athon. (given that I don't care about this game and it will probably be very cold, I plan I getting very drunk.):drinking:

WestStandGeoff
11-15-2010, 03:51 PM
Not a TFC game-day...Shoeless Joe's should be open to all soccer fans. I say do it.

My thoughts exactly. It would be a whole different picture if TFC was playing in the final, but that's not a problem for Sunday.

Red4ever
11-15-2010, 03:58 PM
great idea, great initiative.

CommradePolski
11-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Why shouldnt we invite the other supporter groups? I would assume the only group we would really have "problems" with is Columbus.

I say go for it. Lets show them we are rowdy but civil.

Boris
11-15-2010, 04:04 PM
I thought the whole point of the Supporters Summit was to gather visiting fans together (i.e. Joe's on Saturday night)?

Anyway, you have a great idea for the Sunday pre-drink-athon. (given that I don't care about this game and it will probably be very cold, I plan I getting very drunk.):drinking:

this has been the plan..... spread the word.

__wowza
11-15-2010, 04:32 PM
alright, so this is the message that i've put up on both threads:

also, i've spoken it over with a bunch of the members at the RPB forum
(http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=25397) and the reception has been all but completely positive for having supporters from both sides (or for anyone traveling to the MLS cup) to Shoeless Joe's pre-game.

1189 King Street West
http://www.shoelessjoes.ca/default.htm --> has the menu
http://www3.ttc.ca/Trip_planner/index.jsp --> TTC trip planner

from Joe's it's a little under a ten minute walk to the field. you don't have to take us up on it, but the invitation is always open. http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

Red Rat
11-15-2010, 04:40 PM
did you mentioned the entry fee?

Carts
11-15-2010, 04:53 PM

For our visiting supporters:
Hot Girls = free...
Guys = turned away at the door...

Carts... :D

__wowza
11-15-2010, 04:54 PM

people don't have to french kiss parkdale do they?

Red Rat
11-15-2010, 05:13 PM
hahhaa yeap!

phonzo
11-15-2010, 10:19 PM
looking to get my twitter update on wowza links to your bigsoccer threads :)

Oblio2
11-16-2010, 08:12 AM
Nice. Do they want my tickets???

TFCRegina
11-18-2010, 11:22 AM
So what's the plan for this then?

phonzo
11-18-2010, 11:30 AM
RPB will be hosting FC Dallas supporters at Joes; U-Sec is hosting Rapids supporters at Maro.